• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

Yeah, they have a few moves where one got the old animation and the other got the new one. Knee bash is another one.

SPeaking of Knee Bash, I wish King's knee bash (df+2+3) got replaced by his item move at T6 (octopus hold). People don't appreciate how sick that submission move is...

Two more trophies for the Platinum, aww yeah!

I find it hilarious that I'm not even that good at Tekken, yet two of my four plats will be Tekken games once I get this one. :lol

Yeah well, getting plats from tekkens are more about grinding and exploiting the AI rather than being actually good :D just be glad there is no "win 200 matches online" or "win 10 matches in a row in ranked play online" ;D

Getting a platinum from TAG 1 HD is probably the hardest as you had to clear the time attack under such a short timeframe.

Ferrio

Banned
Played around with some characters tonight seeing if I found anyone that I could replace Kuni with (maybe).

Jaycee - Her combos are retarded to deal with.
Both Kings - Just not feeling it.
Jinpachi - Sorta interested, but he seems heavy reliant on punishes. Looking for a more mixup character.
Anna - Mreh. Find her moveset boring.
Jun - Liking her a lot. She seems to fit well with Leo, able to get a 123 damage non-wall combo with her and leo. Only hesitation is there seems to be a stigma around Jun players.

Played around with some characters tonight seeing if I found anyone that I could replace Kuni with (maybe).

Jinpachi - Sorta interested, but he seems heavy reliant on punishes. Looking for a more mixup character.
Jun - Liking her a lot. She seems to fit well with Leo, able to get a 123 damage non-wall combo with her and leo. Only hesitation is there seems to be a stigma around Jun players.
Screw the haters, play who you like.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just played 101 consecutive matches with a friend (we did 100 consecutive in UMvC3, so we had to top it this time :lol). So much fun. I think I'm gonna main Jun/Paul from now on. Paul is just a goddamn pain train. Plus I have him dressed up as Ryo/Mr. Karate II from Buriki One. Which looks awesome. :D

Why have I still not unlocked the DBD costume even after playing so many ghost battles?
I got all the Anna witch stuff at least.
Were you sort of highly ranked before playing ghost battle? It's why I had trouble getting the Paul customs. I switched to another character and when I finally came across and beat a Paul + Law team I got his items.

Raonak

Banned
goddammit. getting decimated online. 22.7% win ratio.
can't wait til most of the good players have finally ranked higher so i won't have to deal with them anymore.

might hit up ghost mode again, more fun to play against.

Jamie OD

DEATH™;42551965 said:
SPeaking of Knee Bash, I wish King's knee bash (df+2+3) got replaced by his item move at T6 (octopus hold). People don't appreciate how sick that submission move is...

Agreed. An underrated move that in Japanese wrestling can be treated as a powerful finisher but everywhere else (except maybe Mexico) it is just a rest hold.

Esura

Banned

Use Jun and join our army. :p

bumpkin

I don't know about when other players use her, but when it's the AI, she's the cheapest fucking bitch on the face of the planet.

I'm not bitter or anything...

Dereck

Learn Wang and Roger Jr. No one will say shit then.

Sayah

I don't know about when other players use her, but when it's the AI, she's the cheapest fucking bitch on the face of the planet.

I'm not bitter or anything...

lol

Were you sort of highly ranked before playing ghost battle? It's why I had trouble getting the Paul customs. I switched to another character and when I finally came across and beat a Paul + Law team I got his items.

Yes, I am. Damn, didn't know rank had to do with that.

Everyone makes that first impression of Anna. But once you actually get to learn how to play with her, she's one of the most fun characters in the game.

Naked Lunch

I just saw a dude with a huge pizza on his back get knocked out by getting a pie to his face. This game can get hella silly sometimes...

Jamie OD

Does anyone have a clear image of the pixel art that occasionally appears on the stadium screen in the main menu when you highlight Online mode? The pic has different characters in an 8-bit style with the message "Join To The World" beneath them.

Sayah

Replace Anna with any character name.

You hate her that much? :p
Anna does a shitton of damage. Was running her and Jaycee in Ghost Battle and she frequently bailed me out while Jaycee would get rocked.

Aside from having an abundance of moves that she can use as launchers/for juggle damage, she also has a great number of mixup options/move cancels.

I just saw a dude with a huge pizza on his back get knocked out by getting a pie to his face. This game can get hella silly sometimes...

Wait till you see Anna's special item move.

OSHAN

So, what are people using for custom tunes? I think this is one of the worst soundtracks for a Tekken game but I'm not bothered at all because of Tekken Tunes.

I have custom tunes for nearly every stage except for the Moonlit Stage and one more I can't remember.

In The City (instrumental version) by the Chromatics for the Sunset stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap6gPHim3L4

God Moving Over the Face of the Waters by Moby for Jun's stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tI1pu5rfZw&playnext=1&list=PLFFDF05AE475DCF40&feature=results_video

Let's Make This a Night to Remember by the Chromatics for Unknown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HktItYoaEVA

Thicker Than Blood by Symmetry for that fountain stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7U2YTOhggA

Blood Sport by Symmetry for that stage in France:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJRSoAmQ9A&feature=related

Anyway, I'm not going to list them all.

Anyone else have some choice songs to share?

Played this today for a long session for the first time.

The game looks stunning, I don't know why but you can't really tell it's running at subHD resolutions (maybe it was because of the small TV :p), but the game is a HUGE step up from Tekken 6. Screenshots really don't do it justice.

They changed the characters alot, so it's gonna take some getting used to. Lili got a major nerf. (it kinda needed one anyway).

Also, I never relized how terrible the xbox 360 dpad was till now. I kept jumping all over the place. Can't wait to finally get it on PS3, but I still have so much stuff on my backlog that it's going to have to wait a bit.

y2dvd

Are the special tag throws tied to the allegiances?

Ill try when I get home.

Dragonuv and Bryan has a special tag throw if that's what you mean.

As Dragonuv, do his f,f, 1+2 throw and simple hit tag. Bryan wipes his hands together laughing while walking in and finishes off with his d,d/f,d,d/f, 1+2 grab. So boss!

OSHAN

The game looks stunning, I don't know why but you can't really tell it's running at subHD resolutions (maybe it was because of the small TV :p), but the game is a HUGE step up from Tekken 6. Screenshots really don't do it justice.

That's because it is mainly running in 720p except when multiple characters are on-screen. Big jump from T6.

Digital Foundry had a nice breakdown about it.

Sayah

What I'm saying is every character in the game has a first impression, but if you play with them more extensively they are good characters to play with.

I think you're right but then I don't know. I know I would never play with Lars or Baek or Bob, for instance, even if I genuinely tried liking them.

Dereck

I think you're right but then I don't know. I know I would never play with Lars or Baek or Bob, for instance, even if I genuinely tried liking their them.
I think Lars is a douche, but only because of the reputation he has. I'm sure if I tried him out for a few months I would like him though. Same with Bob.

So, what are people using for custom tunes? I think this is one of the worst soundtracks for a Tekken game but I'm not bothered at all because of Tekken Tunes.

I have custom tunes for nearly every stage except for the Moonlit Stage and one more I can't remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tI1pu5rfZw&playnext=1&list=PLFFDF05AE475DCF40&feature=results_video

Michelle's godlike Tekken 2 theme for Condor Canyon

Jun's Tekken 2 theme for Heaven

Kaz's Tekken 2 theme for Hall of Judgement

Lei's TTT theme for the Indonesia stage

Holy Land from Wangan Midnight MT 2 for Moonlit Stage

Reach Out To The Truth from P4 Arena for the School

Fight The Wind from Capcom Vs. SNK 2 for Holland

LowParry

How many of you guys can backdash cancel well (on a stick)? I'm trying to get this, but I am failing hard. I watched Aris' tutorial, and some other tutorial.

Took a while but I think I have it down pretty well at this point. Wave dashing on the other hand....oiy. But the backdash cancel thing is pretty easy once you've got the motion down.

Took a while but I think I have it down pretty well at this point. Wave dashing on the other hand....oiy. But the backdash cancel thing is pretty easy once you've got the motion down.

It's pretty much a required technique to be decent at Tekken, isn't it? Every high level match I watch, they're backdash cancelling and wavedashing at all times if they're not attacking or getting hit.

I'll stick with it, but I feel like I should be getting it faster than I am. I keep sidestepping down.

vocab

I'll probably never get bdc down. Dashing is already awkward on stick. I'm not going to go out of my way to master some unatural stick motion at rapid speeds.

DEATH™

I'll probably never get bdc down. Dashing is already awkward on stick. I'm not going to go out of my way to master some unatural stick motion at rapid speeds.

Don't worry, regular backdash and BDSS will do... Even Rip's switching to regular backdash because of it being able to block.

Doomshine

That's because it is mainly running in 720p except when multiple characters are on-screen. Big jump from T6.

Digital Foundry had a nice breakdown about it.

This. People keep saying it's sub-hd, but it's actually running in 720p a lot of the time.

Warm Up Space: Maiden in Black (Demon's Souls)
Offline Mode: Normal
Online Mode: The Binding of Isaac (The Binding of Isaac)
Arctic Dream: Gourmand Land - Breaking The Ice (Rayman Origins)
Arena (TTT2 stage): Duel with Areas (God of War)
Bountiful Sea: Captain Slag (Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction)
Coastline Sunset: Opened Path (Shadow of the Colossus) OR Sunrise of Flutes (Oblivion)
Condor Canyon: Breaking Bad Extended Intro (Breaking Bad)
Dusk After The Rain: Flame Fu (Sly Cooper)
Eternal Paradise: Chairman Drek's Mech (Ratchet and Clank)
Fallen Garden: Four Kings (The Binding of Isaac) OR Enmnity of the Dark Lord (The Binding of Isaac)
Festive Parade: Pinch! (Bayonetta)
Fireworks Over Barcelona: Courtney Gears (Ratchet and Clank 3: Up your Arsenal)
Fontana Di Trevi: Heihachi Mishima's Theme (Arranged Version) (Tekken 3)
Hall of Judgment: Jin's Theme (Tekken 3)

Heavenly Garden: The Greatest Jubilee (Bayonetta)
Historic Town Square: Athens Rooftops Fighting (God of War)
Moonlit Wilderness (TTT2 stage): Blood and Darkness (Bayonetta)
Naraku: Thine Wrath (The Binding of Isaac)
Odeum of Illusions
Riverside Promenade: Vasir Combat (Mass Effect 2)
Sakura Schoolyard: A Strange Reunion (Sly Cooper)
Snoop Dogg: Last Call (Sly Cooper)* This is the most fitting track in my opinion
Tempest: Luscious Lakes - The Dragon Chef's Belly (Rayman Origins)

Tropical Rainforest: Great Grey Wolf Sif (Dark Souls)* Can't find a good tune for this place.
Tulip Festival: Nascence (Journey) OR Demise of the Ceremony (Shadow of the Colossus)* I can't find a good track for this.
Wayang Kulit: Normal
Winter Palace: False King Allant (Demon's Souls) OR Gwyn, Lord of Cinder (Dark Souls).

The bolded ones are tracks that I feel fit the stage decently but I too am in the look out for some recommendations as at the moment it is as if I have two many potential tracks yet too many of them don't fit the locations well.

Top Bottom