• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

alstein

Question: does Asuka get the costume she gets in the Tekken 6 cosplay ad? Is that an unlockable?

I really wish she had some sort of pro wrestler outfit.

Sayah

Is it me or are wall combos very inconsistent? I think it's character specific too.

Wall combos are going to be different with each character and team.
Plus, they vary depending on whether or not you can bound or not at the wall. If you've already bounded the opponent before reaching the wall, then you can do some damage. But if you wall carry the opponent to the wall without bounding, then you can dish out more damage at the wall.

alstein

Is this the one you're talking about?

Yeah, I'm sure it's there b/c AAK uses it. Plus, you have this.

No, it's the one that's like her default costume but a bikini top. The one the promotional cosplayer wore.

Personally I'd love to see that T6 costume back though, along with her T5 extra costume- Asuka always got the best guest costumes.

Sayah

PERFECT....my day got so much better!

haha, I've played through the first 2-3 rounds/levels/chapters/whatever...eeeeh not missing much. There's some unlockables and currency to get buuuuuut ya. nothing great so far.

I mostly had wanted to do it for the combot move customizing. Would be fun as a side project to experiment around with different moves.

No, it's the one that's like her default costume but a bikini top. The one the promotional cosplayer wore.

Personally I'd love to see that T6 costume back though, along with her T5 extra costume- Asuka always got the best guest costumes.

Oh yeah, I don't think we have that. :/
It's only been used for cosplay purposes for the time being. I do want her spider costume from T5.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Two more trophies for the Platinum, aww yeah!

I find it hilarious that I'm not even that good at Tekken, yet two of my four plats will be Tekken games once I get this one. :lol

AAK

So I Injured my left hand yesterday... damn.. won't be able to play for a few days :(

Is it bad that I still haven't played Fight Lab? I probably should get to that.

Fight Lab is useless. Especially for you being the highest ranked guy on GAF I believe. :p

Yeah, it's not in. Her unlockable outfit is similar to Sarah's Kimono from VF5FS. But who knows, maybe we'll see more cutoms for DLC?

Ferrio

Banned
I need more Kunimitsu Tag Assaults...

The only one I can do consistently is:

D/F,2 > D/F,1,2 (tag)

And the tag partner only gets 1 hit in this way before leaving the fight.

D/F+2, F+2, F+4, F+4~SET, 1,2,4 TA filler, FFF3

And god damn, allllll last night I was in training with Jaycee and I still can't do her combos consistantly. So many places to fuck up. Having to qcf and cancel it over and over, not to mention she has some weird recovery on launchers so you have to attack right before they hit the ground.

DEATH™

Sayah, the fact that Combot can do both King's DDT and AK's stunner throwshifts makes fight lab worth it. Screw Deathfist and EWGF.

@ferrio yeah, julia's juggles are annoying to do. Not to mention weak damage. I dont want to work hard for my shotgun spin juggles :p

Ferrio

Banned
DEATH™;42529570 said:
Sayah, the fact that Combot can do both King's DDT and AK's stunner throwshifts makes fight lab worth it. Screw Deathfist and EWGF.

@ferrio yeah, julia's juggles are annoying to do. Not to mention weak damage. I dont want to work hard for my shotgun spin juggles :p

Which really really sucks cause she seems like she could be fun since she's a hybrid King, but what stupid combos.

They even look stupid except for ending with iSW. Tiny hit, spin, tiny hit, spin tiny hit spike.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
played 650 matches and I unlocked everything reached (true tekken god) dan 100 (which is dan 33) . TTT2 is easier than T6 in unlocking the items.

How is that "easier?" Or at least, it seems way, way more tedious and time-consuming.

In Tekken 6 if I wanted stuff, I just went to a specific level in the story mode (rooftop battle vs. Anna and Kazuya, IIRC) and replayed it. Got tons of cash every time.

They need to patch TTT2 to make unlocking the hidden outfits/parts much more frequent for every character...or just make everything for sale in the shop.

alstein

So I Injured my left hand yesterday... damn.. won't be able to play for a few days :(

Fight Lab is useless. Especially for you being the highest ranked guy on GAF I believe. :p

Yeah, it's not in. Her unlockable outfit is similar to Sarah's Kimono from VF5FS. But who knows, maybe we'll see more cutoms for DLC?

How do you unlock that unlockable outfit- any set condition? I've mostly been playing this game online.

AAK

How do you unlock that unlockable outfit- any set condition? I've mostly been playing this game online.

Yeah, it gets unlocked randomly in ghost battle (when you choose an opponent highlighted with gold). Unfortunately it doesn't tell you whether or not you got an outift, netsu status, aura, or an item move. You'll just be notified that you unlocked something in the customization menu.

y2dvd

Wall combos are going to be different with each character and team.
Plus, they vary depending on whether or not you can bound or not at the wall. If you've already bounded the opponent before reaching the wall, then you can do some damage. But if you wall carry the opponent to the wall without bounding, then you can dish out more damage at the wall.

Not sure what you mean, but some combos don't work on the smaller characters.

I gotta test more if it's a timing thing but the same wall combo just won't work all the time. I'm doing the same jungle and all.

Anyways, bruce/bryan has been my team lately. Game is making me lose sleep. @_@

Does this game handle the NAT settings and all of that different that other games?

I usually plug my 360 directly into my modem when I play online. But sometimes I am lazy and keep my router plugged in and go through that.

I haven't changed any settings on my router, forwarded ports or anything.

On TTT2, if will take forever to find a match (same with SC5). I will find one eventually of course.

I understand it's because my NAT settings aren't right and I am getting paired up with people that match my NAT, correct?

It's just weird, in AE and UMVC3, going through my router, I don't have these problems. I get ranked and player matches lighting quick.

I guess the player count is higher online with the same NAT settings as me on those games.

I guess it doesn't matter in the end, I go connect direct to modem most of the time.

Deps

If you are off axis it can really mess up your wall combos, but as you play more you start to know how many hits you can get off how they hit the wall.

Sayah

DEATH™;42529570 said:

Yeah, I'll have to add some King moves along with all those Nina and Anna moves. :p

ah, nooooooooooooooooo.

And I go on and off with wins, haha.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I think i've got a borked trophy- i've played the Team Battle (and won) at least ten times but it's still not 'unlocking', weird.

Started playing as Kunimitsu today because i've seen her quite a bit online, really enjoy her. Does anyone use Yoshimitsu anymore- haven't seen any online yet :(

Sayah

I think i've got a borked trophy- i've played the Team Battle (and won) at least ten times but it's still not 'unlocking', weird.

Started playing as Kunimitsu today because i've seen her quite a bit online, really enjoy her. Does anyone use Yoshimitsu anymore- haven't seen any online yet :(

I use Yoshimitsu sometimes. He pairs up well with Anna. Actually, Anna pairs up well with a lot of people. Nina, on the other hand. Everything is just feeling wrong after they nerfed my slap. :/

alstein

So am I the only one who fights an army of Asuka/Jun teams online?

No. It makes me feel bad that I use Asuka- I'm not used to picking the bandwagon char- even got hatemail over it.

I don't use Jun, which surprised me, because I loved her outfits. I use Asuka/Marduk.

I just wish I had a better tag combo then launcher with Marduk/bound/b+3/ff 1+2 grab. It does about 80 damage and good oki setup on a df+1 launch, but I think that's meh damage really.

Do you mean survival? I think you have to let yourself lose. You can't just quit after 10 wins.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
For what it's worth, I found a way to make the game hardlock on 360:

1. Set custom music from Original Library (stored on your console) in Tekken Tunes.
2. Save to local save file or cloud storage.
3. Go to another Xbox, load your saved game via USB stick or cloud storage.
4. When stage with music from Original Library on the first Xbox tries to load, it instantly hardlocks due to the missing music.

Tested this a few times, and also went into the Tekken Tunes menu to try playing a preview of custom music that had been set on a particular stage - pressing Y to preview the music on the stage hardlocks (because the files aren't there).

Many people aren't going to be bopping around between multiple consoles with their save file, true, but it's a WEE bit of an oversight. Shocked the music isn't coded to simply default back to standard if a file is missing.

FYI if you're on another console and load your save, this works: go to Tekken Tunes, hit the Back button to restore all defaults without trying to play a preview of a customized stage. That safely clears all your settings without the game trying to finger any of the missing files.

I need more Kunimitsu Tag Assaults...

The only one I can do consistently is:

D/F,2 > D/F,1,2 (tag)

And the tag partner only gets 1 hit in this way before leaving the fight.

These are what I've been using to great effect (although, I'm terrible at actually pulling them off as a result of poor punishing and countering so my stats may not reflect this :p):

df2 (this can be swapped with ff2 as well but that's very unsafe in my experience) , b1,1 , df12 , HOLD TAG, f3,4
df3,2 , f2 , f4f,1,2,4 , HOLD TAG , f3,4
df1,3 , f3,1,2,4 , HOLD TAG , f3,4
b12, f2 (it might be df2 I admit) , f4f,1,2,4 , HOLD TAG , f3,4
f3,2 , f3,1,2,4 , HOLD TAG , f3,4 (you can use f3,1,2,4 to finish this as well but it does the same or slightly less damage and isn't as safe as the throw is)
uf3,4 , f2 (it might be df2) , f4f, 1, 2,4 , HOLD TAG , f3,4
(while rising)3, f4f,1,2,4 , HOLD TAG , f3,4 (I think this can be extended with df2 after the launcher but I can't check right now to confirm so just mess around with it)
EDIT: Forgot my most useful one:
ff34,2,4 (I might have the exact buttons wrong but it's very similar, if not that exactly it's either 1 or 2, [or both] or 3 or 4 [or both] or the position of the two is swapped), HOLD TAG, f3,4**
EDIT: Forgot this too
d12,1or2,3or4 , HOLD TAG , f3,4***

*Very useful for chaining strings I've found. f2,3 (or f2,4, I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it's f2,3 as listed) is also a very good, fast move as well to interrupt an opponent if you can.
** This is my most useful move. It has huge range and can interrupt lots of enemies' attacks. On skilled opponents I imagine they'll block it but the 2 and 4 can be replaced with a b to put your back towards the enemy allowing you to use d4 to do a low attack which may be followed by a launcher with 3 while rising if they try to punish.
***This can be useful for catchin people off guard and avoids medium and heavy attacks while entering the stance but if they use low attacks you're in a very bad situation since it seems like a lengthy attack.

Note that most of these do 70-92 damage depedning on the combo and partner. With regards to the the df3,2 combo that is the most damaging that I've found and the 2 can be cancelled by pressing up so if you input df3,2 and then press up the 2 is cancelled and you can press 3 to launch the enemy if they're blocking low. The df3,2 one though, there is a very high percentage of getting that to land at a low to medium level of play in my experience (I can't speak at all for high level play, I imagine it's uneffective though with the intention of hitting the 2) simply because, as of now, most players don't seem to expect that low attack after the mid. You can also probably get a combo off the unblockable ff12 but it's too risky so as a result I haven't checked (if you can, I imagine it's the bolded string that lets you use it though since that works for most launchers in my experience, with or without the f2).

For Solo characters, unless they're at 50% life and will get Rage mode anyway, do not use the tag. Instead just finish the combo with f3,4 straight away so as not to trigger Rage. Then on the next combo you can finish it off as normal for more damage (even ignoring the tags though, these are still fast and easy damaging combos).

Why does Armor King have to be the only one with a nerfed low sweep that only sweeps on counter hit :/

I swear, my low blocking feels much slower when I try to do db instead of just d. But some lows like hellsweeps do not block with just d. Anybody else experiencing this?

Sayah

Why does Armor King have to be the only one with a nerfed low sweep that only sweeps on counter hit :/

I swear, my low blocking feels much slower when I try to do db instead of just d. But some lows like hellsweeps do not block with just d. Anybody else experiencing this?

Hey, Lili's got nerfed too.

Julia's needs to be nerfed. I don't know the notation of the move, but she does a low sweep to a pop up kick that sort of launches the opponent far back and can be used for wall splat. That move is a natural combo when it seems like it should be more of a CH combo. It crushes high too, so it has plenty of room for CH opportunities.

GrayFoxPL

Neutral block is not the same as holding b,db. It's "lite" block that is shit. Always block with b and d/b.

CSX

Julia's needs to be nerfed. I don't know the notation of the move, but she does a low sweep to a pop up kick that sort of launches the opponent far back and can be used for wall splat. That move is a natural combo when it seems like it should be more of a CH combo. It crushes high too, so it has plenty of room for CH opportunities.

FC44?

But she always had it.

Neutral block is not the same as holding b,db. It's "lite" block that is shit. Always block with b and d/b.

db feels way slower to me for blocking low sweeps. Do you notice a difference? Does holding b and then trying to press db have some sort of delayed reaction to punish for turtling?

GrayFoxPL

db feels way slower to me for blocking low sweeps. Do you notice a difference? Does holding b and then trying to press db have some sort of delayed reaction to punish for turtling?

Never blocked by d, so I don't know. Maybe there's something wrong with diagonals on your pad/stick?

Top Bottom