• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I need to spout out some unimportant things I hate about this game, lol.

I hate all the water stages, especially the purple oil/gop/water one. Especially when characters have color schemes that blend. Damn me and my color perception problems!

Don't like the sunset one either.

I hate all the big butterfly wings and huge flags on the backs. Distracting. lol. It's like Blanka's stupid mayan feather get up in AE times 100.

And I hate Alisa, haha.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Watch any of my Sim matches against the guys and you'll see turtling. They can't get in.

Think I'm going to have another lobby tonight. Depends.

So when you call someone Kumabear, you are calling him bearbear!

Sayah

Watch any of my Sim matches against the guys and you'll see turtling. They can't get in.

Think I'm going to have another lobby tonight. Depends.

So when you call someone Kumabear, you are calling him bearbear!

I will be playing. :)

Just picking up Tekken with this game! Having a ton of fun, more than I've had with a fighting game in a while. Playing Jun/Steve. Could anyone give me some pointers on either character? Specifically with Steve; my offense with him is really bad and I'd really like some advice on how to apply pressure strings (or some solid strings to use). I also feel like my 121s get ducked or stuffed by other pokes.

Also, watching other players, I see them throw a couple of punches and then Steve hunches down, throws a couple more punches, hunches down, then comes back up for another couple of hits. Is that just a stance change to his peekaboo or an actual duck?

DEATH™

Just picking up Tekken with this game! Having a ton of fun, more than I've had with a fighting game in a while. Playing Jun/Steve. Could anyone give me some pointers on either character? Specifically with Steve; my offense with him is really bad and I'd really like some advice on how to apply pressure strings (or some solid strings to use). I also feel like my 121s get ducked or stuffed by other pokes.

Also, watching other players, I see them throw a couple of punches and then Steve hunches down, throws a couple more punches, hunches down, then comes back up for another couple of hits. Is that just a stance change to his peekaboo or an actual duck?

1. About strings, His 112 are worth throwing out, His 121 is nice NCc that transitions to either PAB or FLK. 21 is kinda nerfed, but still serviceable. d2>1 can be thrown out too. But most of the time, you want to use FLK and PAB stuff like FLK 1, d_f+1 or PAB df+1, 2_1,2,1 and PAB b+1,1,2,1~B.

Don't forget to throw out df+2, b+1 and qcf+1~B, and don't forget your stance transitions... and WATCH HAJIME NO IPPO

2. About that, I don't know what you see, it might be a PAB transition or DCK/WVE/SWY transition.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They really need to get rid of this log crap. It's annoying for anybody who streams lobbies. Can't go afk without having it on. It's like every company goes and does one great thing and does something stupid as well. Don't think they think about stuff like this? I mean it's common sense. Whether it's Capcom, Namco, AKYS, etc. They are all a bunch of morons. UMVC3 not being able to kick people is another example.

Sayah

They really need to get rid of this log crap. It's annoying for anybody who streams lobbies. Can't go afk without having it on. It's like every company goes and does one great thing and does something stupid as well. Don't think they think about stuff like this? I mean it's common sense. Whether it's Capcom, Namco, AKYS, etc. They are all a bunch of morons. UMVC3 not being able to kick people is another example.

LOL.

Hoping the October 9 patch fixes this.

You're done Kadey? :/

DEATH™;42790117 said:
1. About strings, His 112 are worth throwing out, His 121 is nice NCc that transitions to either PAB or FLK. 21 is kinda nerfed, but still serviceable. d2>1 can be thrown out too. But most of the time, you want to use FLK and PAB stuff like FLK 1, d_f+1 or PAB df+1, 2_1,2,1 and PAB b+1,1,2,1~B.

Don't forget to throw out df+2, b+1 and qcf+1~B, and don't forget your stance transitions... and WATCH HAJIME NO IPPO

2. About that, I don't know what you see, it might be a PAB transition or DCK/WVE/SWY transition.

Ah, much thanks. Speaking of which, do you know what combos out of df+2 or b+2? And does the ~B stand for FLK transition?

I'm actually a big fan of Hajime no Ippo! Fuckin' love Steve's Dempsey Roll, regardless of how useless it is, haha

DEATH™

Ah, much thanks. Speaking of which, do you know what combos out of df+2 or b+2? And does the ~B stand for FLK transition?

I'm actually a big fan of Hajime no Ippo! Fuckin' love Steve's Dempsey Roll, regardless of how useless it is, haha

About CH df+2, f+2, 1 will pick up if you're close enough. Timing is tight though. b+2 I forgot... I think you can use df+1, 2~1~B for the stun. And yes, ~B transitions to FLK. ~F transitions to PAB.

BTW Dempsey Roll is not totally useless... One hit starts a juggle, and Dempsey roll is hard to stop sometimes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What? I'm the worst player here and I won three times today. I was playing a lot less reckless than I first started. Basically stopped mashing. Playing against that gameshark user, you have to pick up on things quickly.

Degen

I just want to reassure you all that despite my switch to an older avatar, I am still very much on Tekken's nuts and the Anti-Williams Clan is still in development

and I cannot believe that "Team Dragon17013" won't work because the name is sixteen characters long and the WTF limit is fifteen

also, my HitBox arrived. Getting used to this thing (coming straight from a dualshock) is gonna take a whiiiiiiile for Tekken. SSF4 wouldn't be too hard with it, if only TTT2 hadn't made the rest of the genre look like La Basura

Sayah

I just want to reassure you all that despite my switch to an older avatar, I am still very much on Tekken's nuts and the Anti-Williams Clan is still in development

and I cannot believe that "Team Dragon17013" won't work because the name is sixteen characters long and the WTF limit is fifteen

also, my HitBox arrived. Getting used to this thing (coming straight from a dualshock) is gonna take a whiiiiiiile for Tekken. SSF4 wouldn't be too hard with it, if only TTT2 hadn't made the rest of the genre look like La Basura

Your efforts are admirable but inevitably worthless.
I will raise a clan of Williams players that will make the Spartans look like little pixies.
I suck at tekken (6). My player match kd is 2:25 (7%)... wtf

I can play some T6 right now if you want. Want to use Nina's qcf+2. Still very upset it got nerfed in TTT2.

Ferrio

Banned
Stressful as shit getting matched up with really good players. Not to mention a ton less aggravating when you lose.

Will be looking toward putting in an hour or two tonight, so hopefully you guys are on!

AAK

TTT2 will be at MLG Dallas! $15k in prizes!
We EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESPORTS now! \o/

15k???

kore.gif
jdcr.jpg

"Winter is coming"

Deps

I like watching Starcraft, but fighting games at MLG usually put me to sleep. Hype for TTT2 though, never seen the T6 stuff at MLG but I've heard it was hype.

AAK

I just tweeted to MLG to get Bloodhawk as one of the commentators. I really believe he's the most underrated commentator and would really provide the informative, technical heavy input to Rip's hype voice.

Ronin

I wanna play with some of you guys! I'll probably be some easy wins for you at least.

RoninRevolver if anyone wants to add me.

Top Bottom