• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Alright thinking about getting back into this. Was playing DOA5 last night and got invited by a friend to play some matches in Tag2, which he then proceeded to beat me silly with my own team. Haven't played Tag2 in awhile, and last night just left a disgusting taste in my mouth. :lol

Doomshine

I felt like I was hitting a wall with Dragunov/Bryan, but switching to Zafina/Wang has been so much fun.

I want to make a team with Raven next, but I'm not sure who to partner him up with yet.

I just tweeted to MLG to get Bloodhawk as one of the commentators. I really believe he's the most underrated commentator and would really provide the informative, technical heavy input to Rip's hype voice.

Damnit AAK I love you. My brother and I were just having a conversation about how good Rip and Bloodhawk would be on the mic together.

AAK

I felt like I was hitting a wall with Dragunov/Bryan, but switching to Zafina/Wang has been so much fun.

I want to make a team with Raven next, but I'm not sure who to partner him up with yet.

I'm in the exact same boat. I have way too many teams just because there is just so much enjoyment to be had with the ocean of options tag assault.

Probably going to pay for not specializing in 2 weeks when I attend t13 :(

@Devastator

Glad I'm not the only one ;)

Doomshine

I'm in the exact same boat. I have way too many teams just because there is just so much enjoyment to be had with the ocean of options tag assault

Yeah. Like I said before I'm not one who usually sits in practice mode all day to figure stuff out, but I've lost hours trying out different TA combos and setups.

Sayah

So seems like the sales have been kind of meh for TTT2. That's very depressing considering this is one of the best (if not the best) fighter of this generation.

DR2K

Banned
So seems like the sales have been kind of meh for TTT2. That's very depressing considering this is one of the best (if not the best) fighter of this generation.

Namco will channel stuff the shit out of it. Harada and co will be fine.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dunno man in the latest UltraChen TV episode UltraDavid said that he was told that TTT2 is selling better than T6.
So yeah at least theres that.

Dunno man in the latest UltraChen TV episode UltraDavid said that he was told that TTT2 is selling better than T6.
So yeah at least theres that.

Tekken 6 sold flat at the launch and price bomba'd pretty fast iirc.

Wonder what their expectations were.

I blame Snoop Lion, lol.

It's probably just me but I play online everyday and specify only 5 bars...and yet nearly all the matches start at 5 and then quickly dip to 4 or even 3...=(

I think it's just I play with people offline every week that I notice lag more online than before.

EDIT: Anywho, is the netcode better on 360 or PS3? I'm hearing reports that it's better on the 360 and if so, I'll just double dip.

AAK

Time to become the AK/Heihachi of Canada. Be canada's JDCR

I never took Mishima's seriously. :( I learned constant electrics based off grinding out how to learn JFSR. I'm just so scared of not being up to par with my execution when I play him in a tournament setting. But VargasTheStick from Peterborough already is the best Heihachi... and a guy in Montreal is definitely the best overall Mishima player. He's the legend that did the wavedashing in this video. So my only saving grace at standing out is being an AKing player LOL.

CSX

I never took Mishima's seriously. :( I learned constant electrics based off grinding out how to learn JFSR. I'm just so scared of not being up to par with my execution when I play him in a tournament setting. But VargasTheStick from Peterborough already is the best Heihachi... and a guy in Montreal is definitely the best overall Mishima player. He's the legend that did the wavedashing in this video. So my only saving grace at standing out is being an AKing player LOL.

Hey JDCR aint the best Heihachi player in korea and hes doing fine :)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
They really need to take the guns and throwing star bullshit out of ranked. Not fair when I don't have them.

CSX

DEATH™;42838299 said:
Sayah, I'm interested in playing the Williams... Where do I start?

Im not Sayah but i always hear start with anna. shes the simplest. Then you tackle Nina.

Sayah

UltraDavid must had wrong numbers... DOA5 outsells TTT2

Probably has to do with the fact that a lot of people in Japan already have been playing the arcade release for a year. But regardless, I think the game could be doing a lot better sales wise. Probably would have sold more if Fifa 13, Borderlands 2, RE6 and DoA5 weren't all releasing so close.

DEATH™;42838299 said:
Sayah, I'm interested in playing the Williams... Where do I start?

I hope this will be useful and not repetitive information that you already know about.

If you want to know my boring Tekken story, read below or otherwise you can just skip to the next paragraph. :p

I didn't sort of use tutorials or anything. And I learned Nina and Anna differently. I got into T6 after years of taking a break from Tekken. I continued with my longtime main (Nina) in T6 and started with very basic knowledge (pretty much blonde bombs and a few other moves that I remembered). Just spent a lot of time in practice with her and learned new combos and strategies on my own or by seeing other Nina players in ranked matches and adapting portions of their playstyle into my own. Each time I learned something, it was like "Wow, I didn't know I could do that." Really great feeling and probably why Tekken 6 had been such a rich experience. Anna, on the other hand, I picked up some months/a year or so before TTT2 arrived. By then, I already had good knowledge of the game and picked her up fast. And of course, Anna is also easier to learn than Nina.

Anna/Nina pretty much both rely heavily on mixups and cancels (as you probably already know :p). Both of them have the well-known d+4,1 --> sidestep cancel or u/f+4,3,4 --> sidestep cancel. Nina has more options from the sidestep cancel whereas Anna does not. However, Anna makes up for that with all the crazy mixups in her judgment stance.

So, with Nina from the sidestep cancel, you can:

1. Do 4 - low - (juggle on counter hit - punishable on block)
2. Do 2 - high - (launcher)
3. Do 1+2 (usually not used)
4. Do SS, 1 (You can do forward dash (f) or back dash (b) after SS, 1).

During forward dash, you have the following moves:

A. 1, 1+2 (Extremely useful move - Very quick. It's also very good to use near walls as it leads to a wall splat - If the opponent blocks 1 [flapping butterfly], then it's best not to do 1+2).
B. 1+2 (grab move - follow up with different variations if the opponent starts to break your grabs).
C. 3+4 (grab move - same note as above)

Note: If you're a King/Armor King player that likes doing long grab chains, then Nina/Anna can partly accommodate for that.

D. 4,3 (Not used too often after sidestep cancel - mostly good to do 4,3 in certain situations while rising from ground).
E. qcf+1 (launcher - good to use).
F. qcf+2 (no longer a launcher in TTT2). :(

Backdash can also be followed up with a grab move (1+4 - I think), a launcher (4) or her u/f+4.

Nina's launchers b+1+4 and d/b+3+4 are punishable but with the way you will be playing and doing mixups, the opponent will probably be confused. You're pretty much all over the place and don't give your opponent time to think and make them panic. And with that, they will hesitate to punish.

And of course, as you know I'm sure, you can also do sidestep from d/f+3,2 with Nina.

Now, with Anna:

From the d+4,1 or u/f+4,3,4 cancels, there's isn't much as I already said. Pretty much, you can:

1. Do 2 (low move)
2. Do 1+2 (launcher)
3. Do 3 (bound move - not very useful when doing mixups).

So pretty much, stick with the first two during Anna's SS cancels and mix them up.

Now, the Judgment stance with Anna.
Judgment stance is b+3. But all of the below moves can also be cancelled into the Judgment stance:

1. d/f+1,2,3
2. f+3,2
3. d/f+4,1
4. f,f+3,4,3
5. WS 3

From the Judgment stance, you have many options to keep your opponent guessing as to what you'll do next. You can do:

1. 2,1 (mostly safe to use and is good with overriding any moves your opponent might be planning to punish you with).
2. 1 (if it hits, follow up with f+2+3)
3. u/f+4 (launcher - excellent for crushing lows)
4. d+3,3 (low move - use often - mix up with other moves)
5. 4 (low move - used sometimes but d+3,3 is better)
6. f+2+3 (looooooove this move)

Note: All of Anna's QCF moves can be done during the Judgment stance. But during judgment, you can press d/f instead of qcf to do them. Moves include:

6. d/f+1
7. d/f+2,1
8. d/f+4
9. d/f+3,2

10. You can also parry from the Judgment stance. I've done it by accident a few times but I don't actually even know the inputs for how to do it. Will have to research this further and I don't think it's listed on Anna's command list.

So with both Nina/Anna, use the cancels and the mixups to create pressure and confuse the opponent. You also don't want to always "cancel" or mixup. Sometimes, it's better to just do the whole chain/move without doing any sort of cancelling/sidestepping.

Of course, all the juggles/combos and the rest of the huge command lists of the William sisters require their own exploring. There's so much you can do and there's different ways of playing both of them so it's also up to your playstyle/preference. I come across many different Anna/Nina players and they all sort of have their own unique ways of creating pressure.

I hope that helps.

danmaku

UltraDavid must had wrong numbers... DOA5 outsells TTT2

I'd wait for other region sales before declaring the bomba. Europe is Tekkenland, and it should do well in Asia too. America is much harder to crack, though. Looks like they prefer 2D.

Can't really agree. They aren't hugely difficult to dodge considering there is a huge startup time which gives you plenty of time to prepare.

This. Item moves are just there for fun (and trolling), they are easy to interrupt or sidestep. You might get hit the first time you see them (the CPU hit me with the cake move once, it was hilarious), but they're not unbalanced.

Levelupyourgame guys did a tutorial for the Capoeira characters

Think I might put in some time and graduate from 3,4,3,4,3,4,3,4,3,4

Also, Jin is really fun. Once I figure out Eddy I'll partner them up since he's one of the few people Jin doesn't hate

Im not Sayah but i always hear start with anna. shes the simplest. Then you tackle Nina.

Really? I use the William sisters and personally, I think Nina is a tad easier to learn. Nina seems ot have more moves to learn, but Anna has all of those stances that need to be timed just right to be effective and she seems to have slightly trickier combos/juggles to pull off.

Sayah, my William sisters might have to finally confront your William sisters lol. Maybe I can learn some things from you. I guess I'm decent with them. Go easy on me if I ever see you online. :p

Hyun Sai

I may have missed something, what is this stuff concerning WNF, Big Two and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 I heard earlier ?

Thanks.

Anyone got any advice for Jin combos? Best I can do is 85 with a counter hit. Most of the time combos fall in the 60-70 range, a bit higher with tag assault

My filler tends to be b 2,1 then bound. I know that it's possible to fit an electric in there but I can't do them yet.

Knock Em Down isn't bad.... I think people just tune it out before they can sit down and just enjoy the stupid fun it is.

Bob Marley reincarnated

CSX

Anyone got any advice for Jin combos? Best I can do is 85 with a counter hit. Most of the time combos fall in the 60-70 range, a bit higher with tag assault

My filler tends to be b 2,1 then bound. I know that it's possible to fit an electric in there but I can't do them yet.

you can do bf21 for more damage as filler.

you want to use b21 for wall carry and wall carry after bound or TA.

The only hard moment for landing a bf21 as filler is when you're doing after a counter hit EWHF. You gotta run up a bit and then bf21 which will require some practice. Till then for that combo, you can just do b21 with a slight delay on 1. The slight delay will guaranteed your bound move (13~3) will land

Lol yea sure

Not trying to derail the thread, but if DOA was on Playstation and on Microsoft system, it would of sold much better. Even on Playstation alone, I honestly believe the franchise would of been more popular. Fighters normally sell much better on the Playstation the same way shooters typically sell better on X360.

you can do bf21 for more damage as filler.

you want to use b21 for wall carry and wall carry after bound or TA.

The only hard moment for landing a bf21 as filler is when you're doing after a counter hit EWHF. You gotta run up a bit and then bf21 which will require some practice. Till then for that combo, you can just do b21 with a slight delay on 1. The slight delay will guaranteed your bound move (13~3) will land

Thanks. That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment, was wondering if there was a bit...more

No matter what I'm launching out of I'm doing b2,1 -> 1,3~3 -> b3, F, 1,2 and it's getting a bit repetitive

The finisher is pretty finicky too but it's the most damaging I've discovered so far

Also, on the way back in after a TA what should throw out? I'm doing either running 3 or f,f 2. My TA game is terrible

If you look in the ales thread here on NeoGAF, it says that TTT2 had a higher debut than DOA5 according to the Famitsu sales numbers. Media Crate sales show that DOA5 sold more than TTT2 in its first week though.

CSX

Thanks. That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment, was wondering if there was a bit...more

No matter what I'm launching out of I'm doing b2,1 -> 1,3~3 -> b3, F, 1,2 and it's getting a bit repetitive

The finisher is pretty finicky too but it's the most damaging I've discovered so far

Also, on the way back in after a TA what should throw out? I'm doing either running 3 or f,f 2. My TA game is terrible

Jin is very limited on combos overall.

The only TA finishers i use is EWHF and b21, Even if theres no wall, i like doing b21 since it sends them flying and have the opponment landing face down. So i can run up and still set up pressure.

Doomshine

His 1,2,4 is actually a pretty good and easy filler or ender, see if you can find a way to fit that in.

EDIT: for TAs that is.

Jin is very limited on combos overall.

The only TA finishers i use is EWHF and b21, Even if theres no wall, i like doing b21 since it sends them flying and have the opponment landing face down. So i can run up and still set up pressure.

That's a bummer.

I'm finding him well rounded so far but he is severely lacking in swag.

^^^

Will try that out

DEATH™

Thanks Sayah!!!

When I practiced them last night, I'm surprised how good their backdash were. They also have backflips! They are more fun than expected.

Sayah

So I actually got two characters stuck in a combo at once. Looked really nice.
DEATH™;42854377 said:
Thanks Sayah!!!

When I practiced them last night, I'm surprised how good their backdash were. They also have backflips! They are more fun than expected.

Yeah, Williams sisters are super fun to play with.

Sayah, my William sisters might have to finally confront your William sisters lol. Maybe I can learn some things from you. I guess I'm decent with them. Go easy on me if I ever see you online. :p

We can play some matches today. :)

Top Bottom