• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Doomshine

DEATH™;42960479 said:
@Doomshine where you live?

Western coast of Finland.

Everyone is fine and the water level has lowered so I'm at the house right now, but the property damage is not going to be great for our already shitty financial and life situation. I never said it in this thread, for obvious reasons, but I lost my dad and granddad to cancer a few months ago. They died 3 weeks apart. So Tag 2 has been the one highlight these last few months, but mentally I'm drained.

Again, I'm sorry for this non-Tekken stuff, but you guys have been so nice already that I feel comfortable sharing this. Thanks for all the nice comments, Tekken GAF is awesome.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The way it works is, you need to win 3 matches at your rank in order to promote. If you play 3 more or less your rank, you don't really get points/lose points. So if you were on the cusp of being demoted (even though you've been winning against people not near your rank); you can still be at demotion risk.

We have an old study of it from WAY back in T5, but it works similar still, please see this link below:

http://sdtekken.wordpress.com/t5dr/ic-cards/

GrayFoxPL

The way it works is, you need to win 3 matches at your rank in order to promote. If you play 3 more or less your rank, you don't really get points/lose points. So if you were on the cusp of being demoted (even though you've been winning against people not near your rank); you can still be at demotion risk.

We have an old study of it from WAY back in T5, but it works similar still, please see this link below:

http://sdtekken.wordpress.com/t5dr/ic-cards/

I can confirm this. Guy won with me and got demoted. Ultra game troll.

Jubs

The online in this game really is good. 5 bars is nearly perfect. Baek/hwoarang spammers can die a slow death though.

AAK

Everyone is fine and the water level has lowered so I'm at the house right now, but the property damage is not going to be great for our already shitty financial and life situation. I never said it in this thread, for obvious reasons, but I lost my dad and granddad to cancer a few months ago. They died 3 weeks apart. So Tag 2 has been the one highlight these last few months, but mentally I'm drained.

Again, I'm sorry for this non-Tekken stuff, but you guys have been so nice already that I feel comfortable sharing this. Thanks for all the nice comments, Tekken GAF is awesome.

Holy crap, I'm sorry for your loss :(

Hope you manage to bounce back man. Keep your head up and all these struggles will only make you stronger my friend. I really shouldn't take the fact that my mom & dad are still living for granted.

Best of luck to everything man.

GrayFoxPL

Damn, didn't notice the post at top of the page again. Feel like an idiot.

I'm really sorry about your losses. You are amazingly strong not only in Tekken but even stronger in life. My condolences to you and your family.

I live in Finland ( southeastern part ) as well and I have been reading about the floods here. Crazy stuff. Good to hear that you are back at your house - sad to hear about your dad and granddad.

If you play on Xbox and want a novice to kick around, add Artieficial. I'll join and read the forums Noisepurge linked, too.

That ATP podcast was pretty good. They all have distaste for solo mode it seems, just for the boring factor and it's basically tekken 6.

I wonder why Harada put it in? Was there a demand for it in the arcades? I like solo, but I would be fine if it was taken out. To that end...

I have been using solo Paul and solo Feng for the past weeks. Now I have finally merged them together as a team!! lol.

I am not sure when I should be doing TA combos though. I need to read a FAQ.

I want to learn Miguel next. I will give it a couple months, heh.

noodalls

How does that work? It even adds to the combo counter on normal hit but it does actually look like it can be blocked... What's false advantage? Or like, why would they bother putting that in the game...

It just seems for a lot of moves, if they hit on normal hit, the opponent won't be able to do anything except guard for a set number of frames. Often on CH they can't even guard. This ends up with the frame data being the same

So, b+1,4 is i40, the opponent when hit by b+1 on normal hit recovers on F49, and yet they can block.
When b+1 hits on CH, they still recover on F49 but cannot block.

An even weirder example is Julia's (haven't tested it with JC yet, this is from T6BR) 4~2,1. If you whiff the first hit, it becomes NC. So, the obvious assumption would be that the second hit inflicts more hit stun. But it doesn't, the opponent recovers on exactly the same frame. It's just that it's true hit stun, whereas the other way around seems to be false.

That ATP podcast was pretty good. They all have distaste for solo mode it seems, just for the boring factor and it's basically tekken 6.

I wonder why Harada put it in? Was there a demand for it in the arcades? I like solo, but I would be fine if it was taken out. To that end...

I have been using solo Paul and solo Feng for the past weeks. Now I have finally merged them together as a team!! lol.

It was to help beginners learn characters, if I recall correctly. It's helped me a lot. I'm happy to use Xiaoyu by herself until Miharu comes along, so it's useful, but I can see why people dislike it.

CPS2

It just seems for a lot of moves, if they hit on normal hit, the opponent won't be able to do anything except guard for a set number of frames. Often on CH they can't even guard. This ends up with the frame data being the same

So, b+1,4 is i40, the opponent when hit by b+1 on normal hit recovers on F49, and yet they can block.
When b+1 hits on CH, they still recover on F49 but cannot block.

An even weirder example is Julia's (haven't tested it with JC yet, this is from T6BR) 4~2,1. If you whiff the first hit, it becomes NC. So, the obvious assumption would be that the second hit inflicts more hit stun. But it doesn't, the opponent recovers on exactly the same frame. It's just that it's true hit stun, whereas the other way around seems to be false.

That's really weird. So basically true hit stun is where they can't do anything including blocking, and false hit stun is where they can't do anything except block. So while it might be adding up on the combo counter, it can still be blocked, it's just they can't attack or sidestep or duck or anything...

TEKKEN's combo counter isn't the best. I suggest change the 2nd option after initial hit in your practice mode settings to guard all. ;)

Yeah I'm gonna do that from now on.

AAK

Harada said he put solo mode because a lot of people complained about learning 2 characters simultaneously. He tried to implement the use of 2 of the same character in a team that but didn't like the way it panned out in Playtesting where you had 4 Lili's in the screen... and hence to make a middle ground, he introduced solo mode.

I'm still against the idea of banning it.

Sayah

I was really hoping the Tekken 1-6 music would be up too. Oh well......will wait further for that stuff. But this is more than I expected anyway.

My heart goes out to you doomshine. As a cancer survivor myself and someone who lost both grandparents to it, it always pains me to hear about others losing loved ones to the disease.

Back to Tekken, ohhh the update sounds juicy. The decals are already available? I'll have to pull myself away from RE6 if so.

Sayah

Yeah, I should post this here too.

Actually not too sure on If you have to unlock the characters. A guy on TZ got access to the new characters and stages by just restarting the game after downloading the game. Try that.

Sorry I'm citing you so much Wonkey. lol

I'm seeing Slim Bob, Miharu and Sebastian at the character select screen, no Uknown and the others yet.

*edit* Slim Bob's body is hella nasty looking lol

Top Bottom