• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Doomshine

Sorry for the bloggish posts, but it's crazy, no one can remember anything this bad. The closest was one time in the 60s when the ice broke, but nothing close to this.

It's been raining almost nonstop since I last posted too. It's probably worse now than it is in these photos:

CZFPL.jpg

yHdkr.jpg

So... yeah, the GAF PSN Team is level 11 now. That's cool D;

ibrahima

Banned
The code is for:
Kunimitsu & Ogre, Snoop Dogg Stage + Swimwears, Lill's Skirt + 2 avatars ( Kazuya ) and Lili.

Dunno if Michelle/Angel is in there. Please let me know id you want it, otherwise Stalker UKCG is the lucky one

hmm... must be the code from the zavvi pre order, I already have all that. Stalker UKCG, its yours.

LowParry

I don't get how they can improve the online even more when it's pretty solid already. But hey! The more tweaks the better. And I wonder if we'll see some character balances with this patch.

Sayah

I don't get how they can improve the online even more when it's pretty solid already. But hey! The more tweaks the better. And I wonder if we'll see some character balances with this patch.
All the Lili fans are upset and petitioning as far character balance goes. I'm upset about qcf+2 for Nina. And I don't think Steve fans are too happy either with all the changes he got. But I think, ultimately, the team did their best to balance it all out. Most of the characters got tweaks/enhancements/downgrades and character balance isn't something to worry about too much in this game.

And I hope things improve for you Doomshine.

DR2K

Banned
All the Lili fans are upset and petitioning as far character balance goes. I'm upset about qcf+2 for Nina. And I don't think Steve fans are too happy either with all the changes he got. But I think, ultimately, the team did their best to balance it all out. Most of the characters got tweaks/enhancements/downgrades and character balance isn't something to worry about too much in this game.

Yeah Lili's nerf makes little sense, especially if a joke character plays her style and ends up better than her.

CSX

Yeah Lili's nerf makes little sense, especially if a joke character plays her style and ends up better than her.

Well someone says Sebastien is gonna be DR Lili.

Lili in DR was one of the worst characters in the game.

Now if he is T6 Lili...the nightmare returns T___T

DR2K

Banned
Well someone says Sebastien is gonna be DR Lili.

Lili in DR was one of the worst characters in the game.

Now if he is T6 Lili...the nightmare returns T___T

I like DR Lili, I might actually use him.

She was good in 6, but hardly dominant.

AAK

She was good in 6, but hardly dominant.*

Online is a different story all together. And TTT2 Lili is still pretty good, despite the d/b+4 nerf. Kane is still tormenting all of socal with her.

Doomshine

I'm fine for the most part, since I live so close to the town center, but my mom and brother are trapped right now.

If you guys want to talk about a nerf that doesn't make sense then look at Raven's db+4. Launch punishable low that only gave a juggle on CH in T6. Now it's still launch punishable but only knocks down on CH.

DR2K

Banned

Online is a different story all together. And TTT2 Lili is still pretty good, despite the d/b+4 nerf. Kane is still tormenting all of socal with her.

Yeah, but that's because of sloppy netcode. TTT2 netcode allows for you to actually react to lows.

Miburou

If anyone is interested.... I've got some spare codes from a friend for the pre-order DLC ( 360 EU-version...dunno if it works for US).
Just quote my post and let me know you wanne have the codes ( I'll PM them to you ).

I would appreciate the code very much. Thanks!

MMaRsu

Sorry for the bloggish posts, but it's crazy, no one can remember anything this bad. The closest was one time in the 60s when the ice broke, but nothing close to this.

It's been raining almost nonstop since I last posted too. It's probably worse now than it is in these photos:

CZFPL.jpg

yHdkr.jpg

So... yeah, the GAF PSN Team is level 11 now. That's cool D;

Wow man that sucks! Keep your head up man!

I'm now 10 games under .500 thanks to the repeated and public beatings I took last night online. It's my fault: playing ghost battles to unlock stuff, I got lazy and repetitive. The AI falls for dumb shit that humans don't, so you go online and it's like hey where did my easy damage button disappear to? Despite all the losses there was only one team that had me overmatched: a Bryan/Bruce team that beat my ass from pillar to post. The rest were just unfamiliar matchups like Zafina Miguel and Bob. Extended lab time is in order.

DEATH™

@Doomshine where you live? And take care bro... We really feel ya. Floods are a pain... Keep posting for updates, at least we'll know you're still ok...

@Sayah I think Steve's nerfs are justified... I can say that as a former Steve Player. db+3, 2 db+3, 2 at the wall is too broken, considering how fast the low is, and how scary his juggle potential was. His ff+2 hurt him, but considering what he can get from that like a juggle from FLK 1f+1, Punchparry, etc. it's a fair nerf. CH df+2 is still good despite the ff+2 nerf since f+2, 1 can still pick-up. His greatest buff is b+2, which is an awesome launcher. Considering too that he got one of the best TA! fillers in the game, He's still strong. Steve players just love to whine in general :p

@Monkeyking I feel ya bro... Offline gave me ALOT of bad habits. First time I went online, I'm reacting wrong everytime. I could block many stuff even lows but can't punish because of dumb habits I got, and my throwbreaking got rusty... I want to hit myself knowing I could do better...

Sayah

So I have 134+ hours already in this game. I must not have a life at this point.

Anybody wanna play some matches? hit me up, my psn is albacore7 .

FR sent. I am online right now.

I'm fine for the most part, since I live so close to the town center, but my mom and brother are trapped right now.

If you guys want to talk about a nerf that doesn't make sense then look at Raven's db+4. Launch punishable low that only gave a juggle on CH in T6. Now it's still launch punishable but only knocks down on CH.

Hope your family is doing all right now. And keep us updated. :)

She was good in 6, but hardly dominant.

I never even used DR Lili but I like that extra bound move Sebastian will have.

DEATH™;42960479 said:
@Doomshine where you live? And take care bro... We really feel ya. Floods are a pain... Keep posting for updates, at least we'll know you're still ok...

@Sayah I think Steve's nerfs are justified... I can say that as a former Steve Player. db+3, 2 db+3, 2 at the wall is too broken, considering how fast the low is, and how scary his juggle potential was. His ff+2 hurt him, but considering what he can get from that like a juggle from FLK 1f+1, Punchparry, etc. it's a fair nerf. CH df+2 is still good despite the ff+2 nerf since f+2, 1 can still pick-up. His greatest buff is b+2, which is an awesome launcher. Considering too that he got one of the best TA! fillers in the game, He's still strong. Steve players just love to whine in general :p

@Monkeyking I feel ya bro... Offline gave me ALOT of bad habits. First time I went online, I'm reacting wrong everytime. I could block many stuff even lows but can't punish because of dumb habits I got, and my throwbreaking got rusty... I want to hit myself knowing I could do better...

Yeah, I can agree with those Steve nerfs. :p And he is still a very versatile character.
Never really used Steve too extensively, though.

Dereck

I was able to remake Tekken 1 Law's 2P costume in TTT2, the jacket is a bit off however. Harada, why you no post white tanktop for Forest?

CPS2

I saw a glitch with Christie where she gets the stance / moves etc of her opponent. That's pretty much the only glitch i've seen tho, and cappos have an easy 124 damage combo. Those are the only things i can see them changing but i've only used cappos so far.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I saw a glitch with Christie where she gets the stance / moves etc of her opponent. That's pretty much the only glitch i've seen tho, and cappos have an easy 124 damage combo. Those are the only things i can see them changing but i've only used cappos so far.

That combo is on CH only.

Someone tweet Harada and tell him to post all costumes from Tekken 1-6 of all characters on Oct 9th.

What kills me is that Xiaoyu is missing the tie+dress-shirt/hat combo from T6.
She looked like 80s Janet with it, totally godlike.

And yeah the character-exclusive outfits should have been a given. I'm shocked that there's so few.
(I am willing to pay for them btw)

That's crazy. Stay safe dude

Booty...

It's more important than drinking water, man
Damn straight, shoutouts to the booty warrior.
How do I take a screenshot?
Unfortunately this feature did not return from T6. Tweet Harada asking him to add it in via a patch!

Thank you Bronson for being you. Antonio is indeed ass lol. He's right too about people tag assualting and crashing way to much. As I have absolutely terrible defense I try to only tag assault against the wall where I know I can do big damage. Can't be giving my opponent more ammo then they already have. No need for Jun to do it either when I'm getting 85 damage with no walls/no counter hits

Oh god Strong Style 5 coming in 2013! I'll be sure to attend and get perfected every round for all of you to see.

I have to try and not get too frustrated with losses online. The local Tekken pros from the Tag 1 days say I'm doing real good and not to get bugged out so much about the losses...which I believe until I somehow get hit by Kaz's U/F+4,4,4,4,4 or something wacky...and get depressed again, lol.

I have to try and not get too frustrated with losses online. The local Tekken pros from the Tag 1 days say I'm doing real good and not to get bugged out so much about the losses...which I believe until I somehow get hit by Kaz's U/F+4,4,4,4,4 or something wacky...and get depressed again, lol.

it's good to play online and treat is as a learning experience :D i have a 45% winrate and thats good in my books. But i too get frustrated when i lose a match i clearly had a chance of winning, i can only blame myself :D

DR2K

Banned
no clear answers on day or content. and "DLC" might just be stuff from the pre-order pack.

i wish Namco would just put up a release calendar similar to Battlefield 3, showing what DLC is coming and when.

Would be funny if harada and co were just randomly picking DLC out of a hat.

Dat egyption level music is so good.

Good and intense games Sayah and AAK. Had fun. :p You guys are extremely good.

Sorry to hear about that Doomshine. Hope everything is ok over there and take care. I just went through nonstop rain over where I live, but it's nowhere near as bad as that.

CPS2

That doesn't mean it's NC. Frames on normal hit are probably false advantage, frames on CH are probably true advantage.
How does that work? It even adds to the combo counter on normal hit but it does actually look like it can be blocked... What's false advantage? Or like, why would they bother putting that in the game...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
b14, 3+4 etc isn't just ncc, the frame advantage on b1 is the same on normal and counter hit.

But why wouldn't you finish doing an extension after it hits? The frame advantage is negligible as the actual mixup is at the point where you input b+1,4,3 or b+1,4,3+4.

It doesn't change the fact that you have to bait/fish for CH to get the whole thing. You can CH confirm it, but it's actually pretty hard. The thing you need to look out for is the CH spark/noise.

How does that work? It even adds to the combo counter on normal hit but it does actually look like it can be blocked... What's false advantage? Or like, why would they bother putting that in the game...

TEKKEN's combo counter isn't the best. I suggest change the 2nd option after initial hit in your practice mode settings to guard all. ;)

EDIT: My homie noodalls is in there, nvm me ;)

Yo!

I finally made Disciple and I'm at a 60% win rate, now let me stop before I get demoted.

I was at Mentor. Got demoted. Then won 5 straight. Then had to win the next match in order to not get demoted again.

I'm not sure what the rules are, but they're weird.

I was at Mentor. Got demoted. Then won 5 straight. Then had to win the next match in order to not get demoted again.

I'm not sure what the rules are, but they're weird.

This happened to me as well. I went into a demotion match after a 3 game win streak. I don't get it.

Maybe because I am not playing the same ranks (and higher) as myself? I set the option to no preference in my ranked searches.

Dereck

I had a promotion match only when I fought someone with a higher win rate. Before that I fought a dude with 5W and 33L and he was a 2nd dan.

Top Bottom