• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Cool, I do expect some unique moves for these DLC characters. :)

I'm just waiting for Violet.... I'm so anxious to see if he has his Tekken 4 1:3:3:3 Just Frame 10f Punisher!

LowParry

Ok, BUT, Miharu has the "Miharu Attack" (rain dance fF 3+4), that Xiaoyu doesn't have (I think so ^^)

She fits more like a T5 Xiaoyu. Which makes her interesting. Playing around with her now. I don't think having Mihaur teamed up with Xiaoyu will be a good idea in the long run but time will tell. Wish we knew if there were balance changes.

Horseress

Some patch notes:

Miharu:
New move, FC d/f+4 looks like AOP 4~3, knocks down on normal hit.
u/f+3+4 bound move recovers differently; Miharu falls on her ass
d/f+1~f+1 new d/f+1 move that does a fake transition into a normal hitting stun move; tag bufferable for red damage on hit
New move, RND (BT) f,f+3+4 “Miharu Attack” – she knocks her ass into the opponent.
While enemy is grounded, d+4 stomp “Schoolgirl Stomp” – She stomps with her toe and does a mini-taunt afterwards
Taunts are different from Xiaoyu, same commands though (1+3+4 and 2+3+4).
Unique d/f+1+2 throw; different from Ling’s
Plays like Xiaoyu
Slim Bob:
Plays just like Bob but some obvious differences.
f,f+1+2 throw does not launch, instead Slim Bob is too weak to toss the opponent.
f,f,f+3+4 now recovers on his feet
1+2,1+2 now has a backwards stagger
Sebastian:
Plays like Lili, some differences
b+1 like T5DR Lili
f+2,1+2 like T5DR Lili
Doesn’t have f+1+2 B! move

Shoutouts to MarkMan and SDTekken for the quick info <3

CSX

So boutdown invites me to a lobby. Sayah and Degen join in

Sayah and Boutdown proceed to use sebastien and slim bob. Mind was blown. DIdnt know the update was tonight xD

Oh yea Slim Bob >Bob for one reason only...

cd1 LAUNCHES ON NORMAL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS
First thing i tried lol...

Edit : Nvm...practice mode had counter hit on lol. goddammit.
and screw you sebastien and your T6 lili sweep.

Dereck

So boutdown invites me to a lobby. Sayah and Degen join in

Sayah and Boutdown proceed to use sebastien and slim bob. Mind was blown. DIdnt know the update was tonight xD

Oh yea Slim Bob >Bob for one reason only...

cd1 LAUNCHES ON NORMAL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS
First thing i tried lol...

and screw you sebastien and your T6 lili sweep.
That match was hilarious, I had no idea what I was doing with Bob.

Only problem with SB is that I know everyone is going to be using him. I need to chill with going online until I learn how to play a bit better.

CSX

slim bob's staggering to the ground after a uf 1+2 , 1+2 gives you the chance that your opponent might whiff their punisher after block :)

slim bob's staggering to the ground after a uf 1+2 , 1+2 gives you the chance that your opponent might whiff their punisher after block :)

Just played against the same guy twice who used solo Slim Bob. I fell for that at least twice. He beat me once but luckily I got my revenge.

Is there a way to delete saved decals from the list? I accidentally saved two blank ones and now they are taking up slots. Tts not really a problem as there are a tons of slots.

*edit*
nevermind you can just overwrite that slot.

Kinda stinks about Miharu's d/f 1+2 throw. If it wasn't for that cutesy followup (which she is prone to do)...I could do some things. Like that low of hers...reminds me of Nina's WTF (Am I wrong?)

LowParry

Am I crazy to say that victory poses look better in resolution? I remember Fountain looking a lot more blurry but it now looks more clean. MarkMan can you confirm any changes with the system itself? Maybe it's the new stages and the fresh look I'm used to seeing. Either way, Miharu/Xiaoyu and Kazuya/Jin are my set teams for now. Thinking of playing around with Slim Bob and Lars but not too sure yet.

Deps

New online mode is really cool, probably gonna stop playing ranked. Arena seems better for learning than ranked.

Sayah

Should TA's only be used when its guaranteed to KO a character?

No.

In 2v2 matches:
Use TA's frequently if you know you can pull off maximum/better damage.

In 1v2 matches:
If facing a single opponent, only use TA's when you have depleted half of so of your opponent's life bar (because they get rage then anyways) or at the end when doing the TA will leave your opponent with very little health or if you can be sure you can K.O. the opponent.

No.

In 2v2 matches:
Use TA's frequently if you know you can pull off maximum/better damage.

In 1v2 matches:
If facing a single opponent, only use TA's when you have depleted half of so of your opponent's life bar (because they get rage then anyways) or at the end when doing the TA will leave your opponent with very little health or if you can be sure you can K.O. the opponent.

Thanks. So in 2v2 the aim every time is to go into a TA combo after a launch?

Keep in mind that all damage in TA is recoverable. I wouldn't use it if the opponent is good at defense and can turtle their life back.

Sayah

Thanks. So in 2v2 the aim every time is to go into a TA combo after a launch?

Most of the time, yes. If you know you can dish out great damage with a TA in a 2v2 match, then I would recommend it to be used often. Because once you deplete enough of the first character's lifebar, then the second character will get rage soon enough anyway.

Keep in mind that all damage in TA is recoverable. I wouldn't use it if the opponent is good at defense and can turtle their life back.

And also good to keep this in mind.

AAK

Using Tag Assault is all about Netsu management. If you know doing a regular combo or a tag bufferable combo will inflict rage on the enemie's partner, go for the tag assault and cause as much damage as possible. Even go for okizeme setups to force them to safely tag crash in negating their partner's netsu. Or if you'r real good bait them post Tag Assault combo to raw tag in and destroy the enraged incomming character with a Tag Assault again cancelling their netsu status.

However, let's say you know doing a regular combo won't inflict netsu, then sometimes it is better to not go for it and just simply aim for getting red life. Bronson and Aris both unanimously said it's in your best interest to go after the red bar and avoid any of the potential consequences of giving your enemy netsu.

tldr:
It's pretty obvious that a Netsu'd character is the scariest thing TTT2. Tag Assault is the counter to that and hance base your decision on using TA's to avoid dealing with them.

Also, it's easy to say this in words, but with so many things to worry about mid-game it's kinda hard to apply and I make countless mistakes with my use of TA's... Being a Hwoarang player doesn't help either since his TA combo's are soooo addicting :(

I'm looking for a good oki mixup move for Armor King. I do a juggle that ends with AK doing his moonsault. It hits if they do not move or roll back or forwards. They can sometimes tech roll out of the way. If I want to catch them on the tech roll, what is a good move?

Sayah

Using Tag Assault is all about Netsu management. If you know doing a regular combo or a tag bufferable combo will inflict rage on the enemie's partner, go for the tag assault and cause as much damage as possible. Even go for okizeme setups to force them to safely tag crash in negating their partner's netsu. Or if you'r real good bait them post Tag Assault combo to raw tag in and destroy the enraged incomming character with a Tag Assault again cancelling their netsu status.

However, let's say you know doing a regular combo won't inflict netsu, then sometimes it is better to not go for it and just simply aim for getting red life. Bronson and Aris both unanimously said it's in your best interest to go after the red bar and avoid any of the potential consequences of giving your enemy netsu.

tldr:
It's pretty obvious that a Netsu'd character is the scariest thing TTT2. Tag Assault is the counter to that and hance base your decision on using TA's to avoid dealing with them.

Also, it's easy to say this in words, but with so many things to worry about mid-game it's kinda hard to apply and I make countless mistakes with my use of TA's... Being a Hwoarang player doesn't help either since his TA combo's are soooo addicting :(

To be quite honest, I don't think that much about red life management. If it's a game like MvC3, then yes, b/c I might have my 2nd or 3rd character out for quite some time so the first character can recover red health. Even with SFXTK, I consider red life. But with Tag 2, the health bar depletes a lot faster, the matches end a lot faster and I feel like I am constantly switching back and forth.

I know it's important to consider health recovery but I'm probably rash. Hence, why I use Tag assaults a lot. But I do think the extra damage you do with TA's is worth it.

I've been having a real issue with this game. If I lose connection and disconnect from a fight, I am no longer able to find rooms at all. It just says "a communication error has occurred" when I search for a room. I have to uninstall all of the patches, reinstall the game and all of the preorder DLC to get it to work again. Has anybody else had this issue?

I've been having a real issue with this game. If I lose connection and disconnect from a fight, I am no longer able to find rooms at all. It just says "a communication error has occurred" when I search for a room. I have to uninstall all of the patches, reinstall the game and all of the preorder DLC to get it to work again. Has anybody else had this issue?

I get this on sc5 in the city global rooms sometimes. I never had to uninstall everything. I just quit to dashboard and reload the game.

Since I'm broke and don't have TT2 yet, I'll try to get everyone back to T6. Remember how awesome T6 is guys:

b0id81pf3lxthjmc.jpg

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
What an amazing update. Not only did they add lots of freebies, they fixed the niggling long loading of the costume select screen on the PS3. Harada sama :bow

One question about the Tekken theater: Is it going to be paid DLC, free, or unlockable through playing the game?

Top Bottom