• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Pachimari

Wait, so the new characters have to be unlocked or what? Not seeing them or the new stages and even tried resetting after the update.

Restart the game.

I didn't need to restart anything myself though, but how come I don't feel a difference in load of customized customes at all?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Got them straight away after the update. Not sure what's happened visually though- game looks different. Miharu's character model doesn't match her picture either :p

ugh, i knew these were released WAY too fast without taking proper time to playtest them :p
This is no different than playing in the arcade other than the fact you don't have to pay additional money to them (tokens) to be part of their playtesting group. Luckily, the Tekken community is big and strong enough to root this kind of shit out quickly and Namco is quick to take care of it's Tekken fanbase*.

The new stages are dope but other than Dr. B, and to a lesser extent Unknown, these new "characters" don't do anything for me.

*SoulCalibur community am cri.

onQ123

So I haven't really been paying attention to the story in Tekken for the last few years & as I was playing TTT2 I was thinking to myself "where the hell is Julia & Michelle I haven't seen either one of them while I been fighting, what's going on did I miss something"

& I wasn't really thinking much of Jaycee because somehow I felt like I already seen her in Tekken , I don't know why but I seem to remember a masked female wrestler but maybe that was just Lisa from Dead or Alive, anyway I'm not paying any attention to Jaycee until I was fighting her yesterday & I see these 2 little braided pigtails hanging down from her mask & I was like hold the hell up! Jaycee is Julia lol.

LowParry

So putting in some time this morning, the whole resolution thing is still the same. Jaggies all over the place with win poses, etc. I'll have to hop online later to test out my Xiaoyu/Miharu team. TA combos are pretty easy. Their wall game is ace.

So I haven't really been paying attention to the story in Tekken for the last few years & as I was playing TTT2 I was thinking to myself "where the hell is Julia & Michelle I haven't seen either one of them while I been fighting, what's going on did I miss something"

& I wasn't really thinking much of Jaycee because somehow I felt like I already seen her in Tekken , I don't know why but I seem to remember a masked female wrestler but maybe that was just Lisa from Dead or Alive, anyway I'm not paying any attention to Jaycee until I was fighting her yesterday & I see these 2 little braided pigtails hanging down from her mask & I was like hold the hell up! Jaycee is Julia lol.

If you watch Jaycee's ending, it explains why Julia is Jaycee.

MMaRsu

I know a ton of good moves with Kuni, I have a hard time stringing anything more than a 6 hit combo together :/.

MUST LEARN

Pachimari

Also Michelle is a pre-order DLC character.

You got the PS3 version?

onQ123

So putting in some time this morning, the whole resolution thing is still the same. Jaggies all over the place with win poses, etc. I'll have to hop online later to test out my Xiaoyu/Miharu team. TA combos are pretty easy. Their wall game is ace.

If you watch Jaycee's ending, it explains why Julia is Jaycee.

Like I said I wasn't paying any attention to the stories & kinda thought that Jaycee was already in the game because it seem like I had already seen her in Tekken.

I unlocked a lot of end movies but haven't watched them yet.

Also Michelle is a pre-order DLC character.

You got the PS3 version?

Yeah I found that out after I notice that Jaycee was Julia & googled to see where Michelle was. I have the PS3 version & pre-ordered from Newegg but I don't think you get the DLC if you pre-ordered from Newegg.

Lumine

Hmm, I'm not sure but there seems to be a bug on the Chile/Maoi stage? Characters were getting wallhits at strange angles and wouldn't launch as high as normally in some spots as if there was an invisible roof. I'm not sure though. Also, the game looks a little sharper perhaps? Might be just in my head. Not sure if it's a good thing either, looks more like a sharpening filter than an actual higher-res, but I might just be imagining things here. Anyway, good stuff for a free update.

LowParry

Hmm, I'm not sure but there seems to be a bug on the Chile/Maoi stage? Characters were getting wallhits at strange angles and wouldn't launch as high as normally in some spots as if there was an invisible roof. I'm not sure though. Also, the game looks a little sharper perhaps? Might be just in my head. Anyway, good stuff for a free update.

I think there is a sharper image but the resolution quality seems the same. Once others get some time in they can see if what we're seeing is true.

alstein

Wait, so the new characters have to be unlocked or what? Not seeing them or the new stages and even tried resetting after the update.

They do not. Worked fine for me.

Online seems to have gotten some improvements, though I don't know if that ragequit and make it look like the opponent did bug is still in the game or not.

Lumine

I think there is a sharper image but the resolution quality seems the same. Once others get some time in they can see if what we're seeing is true.

Aye, I had edited my post before. It looks more like a sharpening filter and it seems to do more harm than good. Or it might just be the lighting on the new stages for all I know. Or, like I said before, I might just be imagining the whole thing.

Also all 3 characters and stages were accessible for me right away, not sure what's going on for some people.

Pachimari

Like I said I wasn't paying any attention to the stories & kinda thought that Jaycee was already in the game because it seem like I had already seen her in Tekken.

I unlocked a lot of end movies but haven't watched them yet.

Yeah I found that out after I notice that Jaycee was Julia & googled to see where Michelle was. I have the PS3 version & pre-ordered from Newegg but I don't think you get the DLC if you pre-ordered from Newegg.

Well.. I think I might have a DLC code lying around but only for the European version.

onQ123

Well.. I think I might have a DLC code lying around but only for the European version.

Oh I'm in the US but thanks anyway & I don't really have a problem waiting for the DLC because I mostly play with the same few people anyway there is so many fighters in the game already that I wouldn't even notice they are not there.

rvy

Banned
I played some arcade mode with the new characters to unlock their endings and this was the ONLY time Unknown came dangerously close to beating me. :/

She seemed really dumbed down to me. I beat her with Miharu and didn't have any knowledge about the character.

That's what I'm saying. I swear they've done something with the resolution with the game to make it much more clear and smooth.

Just online? Because it was reported that during online matches sometimes the resolution dropped a bit to keep the framerate up, maybe they improved the netcode further?

SkylineRKR

Its the first thing I noticed, the scrolling text also has flicker now. The graphics have changed, I'm rather sure.

I just learned about the 100+ swimsuit DLC bonus for people who pre-ordered this game... umm, is there a way to get those for people who did not pre-order?

What do you guys think of the new stages?

I only had time to play on the excavation stage. The music is just silly.

On the upside, i now have motivation to learn Bob(s).

The World Arena mode is a good idea as well. Seems to be implemented properly. It's like playing at the arcade with a bunch of people. After a while you can play the same person over again. I think it's a much better way to learn Tekken compared to just getting randomed in 3/5 and never playing again.

Also, congrats to Markman. That really is a big deal.

so advertisement inside a game is a good thing now? ;D

I know you're being light-hearted, but I'm definitely cool with the primary supporter of competitive fighting gaming having some stuff in the game.
Tapout-crew.jpg

Not so much these guys.

AAK

I just learned about the 100+ swimsuit DLC bonus for people who pre-ordered this game... umm, is there a way to get those for people who did not pre-order?

They will eventually come out for free as DLC. Rumor has it it's sometime in December.

hmm, several of us can't seem to be able to join friend player matches. any joining problems out there for the rest of you? did the patch break something? :p

mr_boo

To be quite honest, I don't think that much about red life management. If it's a game like MvC3, then yes, b/c I might have my 2nd or 3rd character out for quite some time so the first character can recover red health. Even with SFXTK, I consider red life. But with Tag 2, the health bar depletes a lot faster, the matches end a lot faster and I feel like I am constantly switching back and forth.

I know it's important to consider health recovery but I'm probably rash. Hence, why I use Tag assaults a lot. But I do think the extra damage you do with TA's is worth it.
Hey Sayah ... I think I ran into you this weekend (PSN) for a couple of non rank matches where you were using Nina & Anna. My PSN handle is "jelythefish" and I was running Lei and Ling. This weekend was my first time actually taking my team online - was trying to acclimate to real players rather than the CPU. If that was you - good games (again).

@ anyone ... feel free to friend me "jelythefish" - though my playing time is sporadic due to 1 month baby (firstborn :D)

Top Bottom