• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

Something weird happened. I won a match and on win pose the console turned itself off. Started blinking red- "Is it fried?" but no. I come back to Tag2 and game gives me penalty in form of 3,3% disconnect rate(makes no sense as this is one disconnect on 530 fights) and a lose. What the fuck. When I'm on my win pose, the game knows I already won, then why penalty me even if connection broke? I ragequitted myself or what?

If you guys were not watching Big 2 you missed one of the greatest matches NA Tekken has ever produced. That Fab vs GM Finals match was amazing...

What? Links please.

kyo27

I think I'm done with ranked matches in this game. Getting sick of getting matched up against players who have 500+ matches under their belt with a 90+ win percentage when I've only played 25 total matches and won under 40%. Could they not think of a better way to match players based on skill?

GrayFoxPL

I think I'm done with ranked matches in this game. Getting sick of getting matched up against players who have 500+ matches under their belt with a 90+ win percentage when I've only played 25 total matches and won under 40%. Could they not think of a better way to match players based on skill?

Do you pick yellow +-3 or +-5? If you pick green prefered it may be random opponents.

Do you pick yellow +-3 or +-5? If you pick green prefered it may be random opponents.

The problem is the game uses your dan rank for matchmaking, and dan ranks are character specific. So if someone who has 1000 games of experience online picks characters they haven't used yet online, they're going to get matched up with other beginners.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
f29b82fc13d211e2851d22000a1cf766_7.jpg

yay! got my hoodie!

GrayFoxPL

The problem is the game uses your dan rank for matchmaking, and dan ranks are character specific. So if someone who has 1000 games of experience online picks characters they haven't used yet online, they're going to get matched up with other beginners.

Yeah, that's fucked up a bit. Some dudes pick beginner character while having second on grand master to pile up wins.

kyo27

Yeah, that's fucked up a bit. Some dudes pick beginner character while having second on grand master to pile up wins.

Yup and whats worse is these grand master players just pick a palette swap character as a new character. They should let us see the opponents record before accepting a challenge. These ranks mean nothing.

To be fair, they need to play similar ranks to rank up quicker.

Yeah, I guess if you look at ranked as an eat or be eaten type of mode, then it's fair. Do your learning in player matches/Tekken Arena then go ranked to win. But if you look at ranked as finding opponents matching your skill level, then it doesn't make sense at all. Things could be more elegant.

Degen

so like, against good judgmentI'm trying to learn Jaycee again

the only broken thing I found yesterday was ws2,2,1+2 so this is already not looking too good

Damn high level Miguel is so fun to watch. Still think Fab needs to toss out f+3,4 more. I think thats an underrated move for Miguel. Hit confirmable natural combo that wall splats.

Also is it just me or do decals not show up in reolays?

I had major gripes with Tekken 6, but I'm in love with TTT2. I feel like this is a very good game. One of the strongest games in the franchise's history by my taste and estimate. What has me troubled is that this game seems to be selling at about half the pace of T6.

I want to put the question out here to see what the specualtion is as to why this game is moving units at a much slower pace than its predecessor?

GrayFoxPL

I had major gripes with Tekken 6, but I'm in love with TTT2. I feel like this is a very good game. One of the strongest games in the franchise's history by my taste and estimate. What has me troubled is that this game seems to be selling at about half the pace of T6.

I want to put the question out here to see what the specualtion is as to why this game is moving units at a much slower pace than its predecessor?

It'll sell don't worry. Tekken is a series that sells for years at steady pace in 5-6 million copies per sequel. It's not fps where only 3-6 month period really counts.

alstein

The biggest factor is a glut of alternative fighting games, and Tekken's difficulty is turning folks off when there are many good fighting games out there with a much lower learning curve.

TTT2 is a good game, but being a good fighting game isn't all that special in 2012- when we've had so many great fighters.

CSX

Damn high level Miguel is so fun to watch. Still think Fab needs to toss out f+3,4 more. I think thats an underrated move for Miguel. Hit confirmable natural combo that wall splats.

Fab is a jabbing man. That move too slow for him :p

Still love watching his Miguel.

Too many AAA or mainstream games coming out near it's release? Borderlands 2, COD:BO2, AC3, Dishonored(?), DOA5 took a some sales(?), etc.

Tekken 6 had a major price drop soon after it's release pushing many units later?

Call of Duty?

TTT2 being more complex than most fighters probably scaring the casuals away. I know several gamers who gave up on TTT2 since they feel like they cannot compete online.

Madden?

Change in consumer's preferences since Tekken 6's 2009 release?

I think Tekken Tag 2 will continue to sell fairly reasonable throughout this year and next year, but unfortunately I have a feeling that it will not sell as well as Tekken 6 in the end which is sad because it is a greatly improved sequel.

DEATH™

First, I think the game will sell well... Namco have plans... The game is on everybody's list, just not the priority. People around wants the game, but are tight on money and waiting for a price drop, so he release this game on september instead of december, letting the game go pricedrop on the holiday season. It makes sense too that Harada split up the DLC to last until december to keep the game fresh.

And even that, Tekken is always a slow-burner. People will still looking for this game even after a year.

What I'm waiting for is the TTT2 sales for the wii-u, christmas/thanksgiving sales and sales after the month of EVO... Then let's talk about this again...

Sayah

To the guys excited about Tekken Ball - are you getting the Wii U version too?

If/when I buy a Wii U, this will be my first game.

DEATH™;43110312 said:
First, I think the game will sell well... Namco have plans... The game is on everybody's list, just not the priority. People around wants the game, but are tight on money and waiting for a price drop, so he release this game on september instead of december, letting the game go pricedrop on the holiday season. It makes sense too that Harada split up the DLC to last until december to keep the game fresh.

And even that, Tekken is always a slow-burner. People will still looking for this game even after a year.

What I'm waiting for is the TTT2 sales for the wii-u, christmas/thanksgiving sales and sales after the month of EVO... Then let's talk about this again...

I hope/think you're right.

DEATH™

If/when I buy a Wii U, this will be my first game.

I hope/think you're right.

Problem is piracy though... Piratebay having more than million downloads speaks greatly about piracy problem... I forgot about online passes too... Harada can consider that as sales. The store sales might be less unless we include the online pass.

Sayah

Has Namco released the illustrations for the new characters? Can't find 'em anywhere.

Here are the three that were released recently.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151169306892978.475899.85571972977&type=1

DEATH™;43111257 said:
Problem is piracy though... Piratebay having more than million downloads speaks greatly about piracy problem... I forgot about online passes too... Harada can consider that as sales. The store sales might be less unless we include the online pass.

That stuff pisses me off like nothing else. Like seriously pisses me off.

Jubs

Tag 2 online can be so stressful sometimes. I keep falling victim to the stupidest shit ever, and it just makes me raaaaaaaaaaaage. Still have a positive record through it all though, somehow.

My WTF card: http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/jubbery. Something is weird with WTf though. I should only be 11 games over .500, not 15. Not sure where these extra wins are coming from.

My internet went out after a match when trying to upload to WTF. I got hit with a disconnect penalty! I even won the match, lol.

Slightly annoys me.

CSX

i get so fukking angry when i lose cuz of my internet.

smooth connection and then bam 1-2 bars mid match.

i do a ping test and bam shit is 150 ms -_-

AAK

Leaving In around an hour for T13... My goal is if I face him anywhere in the tournament is to beat Justin Wong in Tekken. If I do well, maybe I'll be a part of the Canada vs USA TTT2 exhibition on Sunday, but I don't wanna get too ahead of myself, LOL. Lots of killers from Montreal and Toronto and I'm the sole Ottawa representative...

CSX

Leaving In around an hour for T13... My goal is if I face him anywhere in the tournament is to beat Justin Wong in Tekken. If I do well, maybe I'll be a part of the Canada vs USA TTT2 exhibition on Sunday, but I don't wanna get too ahead of myself, LOL. Lots of killers from Montreal and Toronto and I'm the sole Ottawa representative...

Good luck AAK. Have fun man :)

COme back with experience and proceed to kick all our asses once you come back!

AAK

I'm so rusty thanks to Midterms and Work... haven't touched a single game in 4-5 days. But I was training on Hwoarang and Julia for this tournament... best synergy between all of my teams IMO. I'll probably use Heihachi/Aking if I have to rely on fundamentals from T6. But I also have a pocket DevilJin/Christie team I've been saving up as well. Capo's are just so dangerous in this game! But anyways man, I'm super late! I'll give you guys a progress report tomorrow! PEACE!

Top Bottom