• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Vodh

Ok, I feel stupid: how do I unlock the new characters? The patch came out a while ago, I just fired up my PS3, downloaded an update to TTT2 and I can't see no new faces. Reset of the game and the console didn't do anything. Do I have to manually download a character pack from PSN or something? (PSN is currently down for maintenance or something)

mr_boo

Ok, I feel stupid: how do I unlock the new characters? The patch came out a while ago, I just fired up my PS3, downloaded an update to TTT2 and I can't see no new faces. Reset of the game and the console didn't do anything. Do I have to manually download a character pack from PSN or something? (PSN is currently down for maintenance or something)
The latest patch only released a sub-set of new content ... namely 1.0.2 released the following: https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/255482266040545281 If you don't have what's listed in the tweet, try rebooting the software.

The other content (e.g.; Kuni, Bikini Wear, etc) isn't publicly available yet ... it's only accessible for those that pre-ordered.

Vodh

Yeah, I was talking about Miharu, Sebastian and Slim Bob - I don't have them and rebooting PS3 didn't help. But the faster load times and easier easy mode arcade are definitely here.

AAK

That's awesome that you made your mark up there, AAK. Really inspiring. Gaf represent

I need to quit chickening out and enter some Philadelphia tourneys. gotta get a little more offline experience than I have now though

Best part about it was how cool it was to just sit and play lots of cauals with these guys and just talk about games and how we can all improve. I wasn't just learning either there were a bunch of new players there as well for advice from me too.

I miss that atmosphere already.

I don't know how many of you guys travel for tourneys, but my local community just got some big news. We have a TTT2 tournament in November that will have a guaranteed 750 dollar pot bonus. The amount is still going up. It's mostly local players contributing trying to get more players from out of state to come.

Here is the site:

http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/

Here is the thread:

http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1873&page=11#Item_6

Here is the flyer:

ironfresh_web_zps71c2ed11.jpg

I'm pretty hype. :D

Time for practice!

Yo that's cool & only 2 weeks away from MLG! I'm sure all the international players going to MLG will stick around and enter a tournament that's in a neighboring state. Good luck!

Yeah, I was talking about Miharu, Sebastian and Slim Bob - I don't have them and rebooting PS3 didn't help. But the faster load times and easier easy mode arcade are definitely here.

I realized this too at t13 were a bunch of stations that were patched yet didn't have the dlc characters. I think you have to grind it out in ghost battle to a certain level or rank. But that's pure hypothesis.

Vodh

Dunno what's up with that, but after another reset the characters finally arrived. So i'm happy :)

Also, how I missed ye, the actually-easy easy arcade mode where I can just pick characters I haven't touched since Tekken 3 and unlock their endings while getting to see and test out some of their basic moves! This is great patch and as a player who likes to just smash some faces without resistance every now and then I love it. Also, I'm not serious enough about FGs to spend extended amounts of time in practice mode, so I like to treat the easy Arcade Mode as 'practice light'.

And lol @ Miharu's ending. BTW is there any place that has summarised unique moves for the dlc characters since they're just clones with a small handful of changes?

Anyone want to tell me about Armor King's handspring move?

I've basically just been told to block and wait it out, but I've never figured out what AK's options were after he lands. I know he has the option of just stopping after the first handspring, but I can react to that. What exactly is the AK player trying to accomplish by doing the handspring, and how should I defend against it?

notworksafe

I don't know how many of you guys travel for tourneys, but my local community just got some big news. We have a TTT2 tournament in November that will have a guaranteed 750 dollar pot bonus. The amount is still going up. It's mostly local players contributing trying to get more players from out of state to come.

Here is the site:

http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/

Here is the thread:

http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1873&page=11#Item_6

Here is the flyer:

ironfresh_web_zps71c2ed11.jpg

I'm pretty hype. :D

Time for practice!

I'll be there and I'm bringing a bunch of New Mexico with me! :D

Sayah

Dunno what's up with that, but after another reset the characters finally arrived. So i'm happy :)

Also, how I missed ye, the actually-easy easy arcade mode where I can just pick characters I haven't touched since Tekken 3 and unlock their endings while getting to see and test out some of their basic moves! This is great patch and as a player who likes to just smash some faces without resistance every now and then I love it. Also, I'm not serious enough about FGs to spend extended amounts of time in practice mode, so I like to treat the easy Arcade Mode as 'practice light'.

And lol @ Miharu's ending. BTW is there any place that has summarised unique moves for the dlc characters since they're just clones with a small handful of changes?

None that I know of.

I've basically just been told to block and wait it out, but I've never figured out what AK's options were after he lands. I know he has the option of just stopping after the first handspring, but I can react to that. What exactly is the AK player trying to accomplish by doing the handspring, and how should I defend against it?

Usually, AK's handspring move is good when the opponent has somewhat of a distance. It takes good damage and I think if the first hit connects, then the second hit is confirmed to connect.

AK players won't use the handstand when you are right up close to them (I'd assume). So if there is some distance between you and the AK player, then you have to look out for that move.

But AAK can probably offer better advice since he uses AK.

Dude, Sayah, you HAVE to go to a tournament. There's not enough Nina players out there and you can seriously make waves with people unfamiliar.

Thanks. :)
Not sure if I'm that good to actually make waves at a tournament scene, hahahah.

AAK

BTW is there any place that has summarised unique moves for the dlc characters since they're just clones with a small handful of changes?

I'm late, but yeah LYUG did a pretty job with summarizing the core differences:

http://www.twitch.tv/levelupyourgame/b/335362406

That move is massively nerfed in TTT2. In T6 you could do the Handspring into elbow and techroll up to make it safe. However, in TTT2 if you go with the elbow, the opponent can punish you on the ground. So what's the advantage of just doing the handspring? Well it's only -9 on block so it's safe, it's mid, it's long range, and it's hit confirmable which can lead to a crazy ton of damage (especially in netsu). If you know the opponent is going to block, you can do the handspring and just block out of whatever retaliation he has incoming but you might have to eat a mixup. If the opponent might be expecting an elbow anyway, you can try a backturned grab on him since he'll be blocking and those are harder to break.

Regardless use it as a great whiff punisher tool, raw tag in punisher tool, and a long range hit confirmable mid hitting move.

Thanks. :)
Not sure if I'm that good to actually make waves at a tournament scene, hahahah.

It'll be a huge waste if you don't go out and show it off! Only thing to be careful of is to make sure dual-button binding to triggers aren't banned.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what does the P and little golf flag next to customization items mean?

It means you can add a custom decal to that specific customization item.

Sayah

It'll be a huge waste if you don't go out and show it off! Only thing to be careful of is to make sure dual-button binding to triggers aren't banned.

If I see one happening close to me, I will register. :)
And I use shoulder buttons but don't really rely on them heavily (thankfully). Can play fine without using them.

AAK

If I see one happening close to me, I will register. :)
And I use shoulder buttons but don't really rely on them heavily (thankfully). Can play fine without using them.

Where do you live again?

Also, how do you do Nina's Ivory cutter using your thumb?

Sayah

Where do you live again?

Also, how do you do Nina's Ivory cutter using your thumb?

Sometimes New York. Sometimes New Jersey. lol

Also, I don't use the thumb to do ivory cutter w/out shoulder buttons enabled. Middle finger goes on 4 and index finger goes on 1. It's harder but I'm still fine using it. Otherwise, I usually have 1+4 on the R1 button.

AAK

Hmmm... how far are you from downtown? Ever think of making the trip to Next Level Arcade to compete in a big 2 weekly tournament? You'd get the chance of fighting one of the best US players ever: Fighting GM ;)

At the very least you could take advantage of getting a bunch of casual matches against their best, that's the best thing I got from my visit to T13. Those Montreal Players :S

Sayah

Hmmm... how far are you from downtown? Ever think of making the trip to Next Level Arcade to compete in a big 2 weekly tournament? You'd get the chance of fighting one of the best US players ever: Fighting GM ;)

At the very least you could take advantage of getting a bunch of casual matches against their best, that's the best thing I got from my visit to T13. Those Montreal Players :S

Any in New Jersey? Since that's where I am right now. Public transit to New York is kind of expensive. And I definitely don't want to be riding New York subways at 12 a.m. lol

AAK

Any in New Jersey? Since that's where I am right now. Public transit to New York is kind of expensive. And I definitely don't want to be riding New York subways at 12 a.m. lol

Every Tuesday (Tomorrow): 8 PM

http://www.thebreak.net/

There should be a TTT2 Tournament there. Fighting GM and Real Law is a regular there I believe, so that should be a good experience :) I might even catch you on stream!

And you can interact with some people from the Jersey community here.

just checked a new replay and King's ss+3+4 just did 99 damage

ninety-nine damage

99 damage from a blockable kick to the face

I bet my best juggle doesn't do 99 damage; I bet that.

wtf jaguars wtf

Imagine if it was Solo netsu ;)

Degen

ninety-nine damage

wtf jaguars wtf

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

ninety-nine damage

wtf jaguars wtf

I have a combo with that kick in it :D !

BTW, I'm using Eddy/King again.

Eddy WS+1,3 or CH b+3,3 tag buffered into King f+2,2,2~5, TA!, Eddy SS+4,N+3, King SS+3+4 OW !

EDIT: King's SS+3+4 doing 99 damage is probably with rage and CH/clean hitting.

AAK

Cool, but if you ever do plan on making the trip to either Next Level or the Break when you have the time/mood, be sure to let us know to cheer you on ;)

That move is massively nerfed in TTT2. In T6 you could do the Handspring into elbow and techroll up to make it safe. However, in TTT2 if you go with the elbow, the opponent can punish you on the ground. So what's the advantage of just doing the handspring? Well it's only -9 on block so it's safe, it's mid, it's long range, and it's hit confirmable which can lead to a crazy ton of damage (especially in netsu). If you know the opponent is going to block, you can do the handspring and just block out of whatever retaliation he has incoming but you might have to eat a mixup. If the opponent might be expecting an elbow anyway, you can try a backturned grab on him since he'll be blocking and those are harder to break.

It is tough, but you can buffer a giant swing throw on the turnaround from handspring. Basically, you do the handspring, wait til the proper moment, and start doing the giant swing arrows. When your body is properly alligned, you will instantly throw it out when you press 1. The timing is really weird, but is definitely something that will throw your enemy off guard.

Degen

Invite me anyways.
I played a couple hours ago in Ranked and got lobby invites and now too much salt floweth

Lars is broken. Marduk is broken. Capos are broken. King is broken (everyone else's, not mine). Bryan's df+3 spam is broken (everyone else's, not mine).

the good news is that the Secret Weapon did a good job ruining strategies, AK cartwheeled/dropkicked like a boss, and last but not least... 99 damage

Nearly 1000 ghost battles and I'm still unlocking custom stuff. It's insane.

I've discovered Lee is a lot of fun to use. The execution level for his juggles is beyond me, though. Can't believe I've still yet to try a dozen characters after playing for 60+ hours.

DEATH™

Guys, Here it is... The video we've all been waiting for...

Be careful about using that move in the open... The handspring alone is jab-punishable at least on block (despite being -9, being BT makes it unsafe). Not only that, you can get floated for a juggle by a jab on start-up and when they block when you decide to do any kind of follow-ups. On online not many knows this so you can spam it, but against a player who knows this nerf can exploit it.

Handspring is still useful on oki though (I think that's what the move is meant for to use). It can catch backrollers for a juggle opportunity.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nearly 1000 ghost battles and I'm still unlocking custom stuff. It's insane.

I just want to unlock Michelle's wrasslin' gear. Got the bottoms on 360, but nothing on PS3. But then with other characters like Alisa, I got her battle suit after like two gold matches against the CPU Alisa in a row. Makes no sense.

alstein

How do you get a "clean" hit? I see it in training sometimes (usually with sweeps) and I have no idea how it works.

I suspect that it's random much like SC5, but it has to be a direct hit, not a combo. CH's are more likely to be clean hits (maybe 100%)

DEATH™

How do you get a "clean" hit? I see it in training sometimes (usually with sweeps) and I have no idea how it works.

There's a specific range that the move should hit your opponent to register as clean. Hellsweeps hit clean at not too far range. King's b+4 (big boot) should hit close. Being a CH doesn't mean it'll hit clean.

Darn it's hard to find a real-life analogy...

EDIT Beaten...

8byte

Banned
but it has to be a direct hit, not a combo.

Not always true. You can get a "clean" deathfist with Wang on certain juggles if you time it right. It is 100% dependent on player position and impact. A more accurate description would be that it has to completely make contact with the opposing player at optimal range. CH doesn't matter, and it definitely isn't random. Beaten like a stick, but I thought I'd throw in the extra minor details since it can happen on combo.

I though clean hits have to do with the range you did the attack from and your enemy must be on his feet.

One their feet doesn't really matter. So long as the move has 100% impact (as in, it doesn't only hit a piece of the player) then you can still get a clean hit. As an example, you can DF with Wang in a juggle and still get a clean hit.

8byte

Banned

ninety-nine damage

wtf jaguars wtf

This must have been a mistake or something. It clocks in around 80dmg on CH. I don't think a clean hit will add another 19dmg.

LowParry

Any Hwoar players? I need some more combos. I think I have some of his BnBs down easy but just looking for something more. And I'm glad I picked Leo back up. The damn things she can do to carry and wall damage.

Sayah

Any Hwoar players? I need some more combos. I think I have some of his BnBs down easy but just looking for something more. And I'm glad I picked Leo back up. The damn things she can do to carry and wall damage.

This is my simple Tekken 6 combo with Hwoarang:

b+3
u/f+4
b+2
f+3,4,3 (must be timed right)

LowParry

This is my simple Tekken 6 combo with Hwoarang:

b+3
u/f+4
b+2
f+3,4,3 (must be timed right)

Yeah I think I do something similar. Noticed that TZ has a ton of them already up to check out. It's funny to see people crumble against random shit you do with Hwoar. They just lay there and give up.

DEATH™

Just look it up. SS 3+4 doesn't hit "clean". The 99 damage is Raged CH hit...

@sayah if my family wasn't using the TV, can I play you guys? My PSN is dropkick_br . I'm a bit scrubby right now as I'm still getting rid of those bad habits from trophy-farming...

*Makes Excuses already*

Hmmm I might join Kadey's lobby tonight if there is room. When I'm not playing Resident Evil 6 I've been lurking in the shadows upping my game, mainly my movement. Sidewalking is>than all

Top Bottom