• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

DEATH™;43271339 said:
Just look it up. SS 3+4 doesn't hit "clean". The 99 damage is Raged CH hit...

@sayah if my family wasn't using the TV, can I play you guys? My PSN is dropkick_br . I'm a bit scrubby right now as I'm still getting rid of those bad habits from trophy-farming...

*Makes Excuses already*

Of course. I'll send you a FR. :)

Sayah

Yeah I think I do something similar. Noticed that TZ has a ton of them already up to check out. It's funny to see people crumble against random shit you do with Hwoar. They just lay there and give up.

I want to use Hwoarang again but there's so many other characters I want to look at too. I was thinking of making a Nina + Hwoarang team.

Edit: Keep doing dp's. :(

danmaku

Thanks everyone for the explanation. I played some matches tonight and damn, my defense sucks. I'm free to every low in the game :( the fact that there seems to be an army of "beginners" that punish every whiff with EWGF and execute the correct TA juggle after that doesn't help, either. Beginners my ass.

Does anybody know where I can get a soundbite of Kazuya's EWGF "Doriya!"? Specifically, him doing that move with nobody being hit and hearing all of the electrical sounds afterwards. I want to use it as a text tone.

8byte

Banned
So, can anyone explain 2 things to me?

1) How the hell does ranking work in offline mode? I have well over 430 matches in Ghost Battle, yet I can't seem to progress past 22nd Dan? Just fought about 20 in a row, and nothing. I have about 80% wins, so I don't really get it. I fight the highest ranked option each time, regardless of items. What gives?

2) Why in the hell haven't I received the tag trophy yet? I've got about 650+ matches according to my battle records across all modes, and I know I TA about once per match at a MINIMUM, sometimes 2, 3, or more. I don't get why This hasn't unlocked yet. Does TA not count?

AAK

So, can anyone explain 2 things to me?

1) How the hell does ranking work in offline mode? I have well over 430 matches in Ghost Battle, yet I can't seem to progress past 22nd Dan? Just fought about 20 in a row, and nothing. I have about 80% wins, so I don't really get it. I fight the highest ranked option each time, regardless of items. What gives?

2) Why in the hell haven't I received the tag trophy yet? I've got about 650+ matches according to my battle records across all modes, and I know I TA about once per match at a MINIMUM, sometimes 2, 3, or more. I don't get why This hasn't unlocked yet. Does TA not count?

1) Fight people the same rank as you

2) The game means use the generic Tag Assault command: 1+2+5.

Mesharey

20121017_000311-600-x-450.jpg

20121017_000300-600-x-450.jpg

He's in Dubai now. :p

CSX

ggs degen and candy.

Finally got a win on candy. Feels nice :)

The lag spike came back to bite you on that AK juggle lol.

Hey dev. Don't mind that guys comments. He gets like that. lol

Its all good, if I make someone like that it just means I've done my job =)
*edit* good couple of games everyone, why oh why didnt Miguel's ws 2,2 come out after that blocked low on Sebastsian =(

I'll be back in a little under 2 hours if you guys still have a lobby up.

Sayah

^
lol
Its all good, if I make someone like that it just means I've done my job =)
*edit* good couple of games everyone, why oh why didnt Miguel's ws 2,2 come out after that blocked low on Sebastsian =(

I'll be back in a little under 2 hours if you guys still have a lobby up.

Yeah, I like that thinking. :p

GGs you two.

ggs degen and candy.

Finally got a win on candy. Feels nice :)

The lag spike came back to bite you on that AK juggle lol.

Did you see the giant swing from back turn after handspring? I've been catching people with it all day. Trains them to duck to just hit 3 during back turn.

CSX

AAK from week 1 of Tag 2 =/= Current AAK

Holy shit. That tourney experience, dat sayah experience.

I bow down to you man :)

Starting reading all my lows too lol

But dammit i broke 80% of your 1 grabs and at least half of your 2 grabs T___T

I need to figure how to get rid of these 1 bar connections X__X

And sayah...we need to figure how this 1 bar shennaigans. I should not be going down to final round against you just because its 1 bar lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL. Cap costume. He also has a Spiderman, flash, Green lantern and a bunch of other superheroes. Must've spent a ton of time making them.

ibz8UTRtzxsprW.png

Sayah

^^^^^

Niiiiiiiiice.

Also ggs to all.

And nice practicing with you Death.

AAK from week 1 of Tag 2 =/= Current AAK

Holy shit. That tourney experience, dat sayah experience.

I bow down to you man :)

Starting reading all my lows too lol

But dammit i broke 80% of your 1 grabs and at least half of your 2 grabs T___T

I need to figure how to get rid of these 1 bar connections X__X

And sayah...we need to figure how this 1 bar shennaigans. I should not be going down to final round against you just because its 1 bar lol

AAK is quite deadly now.

DEATH™

What I learned from Sayah:

1. I got a lot of bad habits. Especially random ducking, and using King/AK b+3 from far away. Something I could get away offline...

2. Pressure does take away alot from me. I need to adapt. I can't set any kind of offense and I can't wait for the right opportunity to come by and punish and before that comes, I lose already.

3. I feel now the more tighter window of punish more. There's too many things I can't punish, due to wrong inputs, pathetic thinking and I'm basically panicking... Sometimes I want to hit my head why I did a particular move...

4. My movement sucks... I knew some stuff that I could sidestep but I always screw it up (especially CAT... everything in CAT is SSable). Random ducking and not being able to space properly too... I need to stop relying on King's BJGS as backdash substitute...

5. Sayah made me realize how I really need to buy a stick... Switching from pad to analog for the whole time is frustrating... Can't FC df+2 at analog, can't GS... Can't BDC... Nothing...
I won't matter anyway since I worry more about blocking everything sayah throws...

Years of not having a competition made me a scrub... Thank you Sayah for bringing back that arcade feeling back to me... This is like when I was learning the game all over again, well minus the walking home because got no more ride money part... Thanks...

Sayah

Non-Tekken related:
For anyone that cares, this generation's coming to an end and I think I've decided my top 10 games:

1. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Tekken 6
4. Dark Souls
5. Demon's Souls
6. Valkyria Chronicles
7. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
8. Uncharted 2
9. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
10. Bayonetta

Honorable mentions:
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter IV: AE
Uncharted 3
Resident Evil 5
Okami (Wii)

I still have to play Skyward Sword, though, so that's the only game that might change stuff up. Bought it around when it released and still haven't played it. Kind of sad. :/

And I'm most disappointed with Square Enix for not bringing me Kingdom Hearts 3. They kept releasing all these different handheld versions. And I don't even know what they're doing with Versus XIII.

DEATH™;43295929 said:
What I learned from Sayah:

1. I got a lot of bad habits. Especially random ducking, and using King/AK b+3 from far away. Something I could get away offline...

2. Pressure does take away alot from me. I need to adapt. I can't set any kind of offense and I can't wait for the right opportunity to come by and punish and before that comes, I lose already.

3. I feel now the more tighter window of punish more. There's too many things I can't punish, due to wrong inputs, pathetic thinking and I'm basically panicking... Sometimes I want to hit my head why I did a particular move...

4. My movement sucks... I knew some stuff that I could sidestep but I always screw it up (especially CAT... everything in CAT is SSable). Random ducking and not being able to space properly too... I need to stop relying on King's BJGS as backdash substitute...

5. Sayah made me realize how I really need to buy a stick... Switching from pad to analog for the whole time is frustrating... Can't FC df+2 at analog, can't GS... Can't BDC... Nothing...
I won't matter anyway since I worry more about blocking everything sayah throws...

Years of not having a competition made me a scrub... Thank you Sayah for bringing back that arcade feeling back to me... This is like when I was learning the game all over again, well minus the walking home because got no more ride money part... Thanks...

No prob. :)

We can practice again if you'd like. Glad all of that helped. I think I will try to experiment stuff with King/Armor King and see what I can come up with (if anything at all).

Lumine

So, WTF is broken? Played some online matches with fellow gaffers last night, but only half of them show up on WTF. I hadn't played much lately, even less online and I don't care that much about stats, so I'm not too bothered by it. However broken stat pages do annoy me a little.

notworksafe

So, WTF is broken? Played some online matches with fellow gaffers last night, but only half of them show up on WTF. I hadn't played much lately, even less online and I don't care that much about stats, so I'm not too bothered by it. However broken stat pages do annoy me a little.

There seems to sometimes be a decent delay on matches. I've had them appear right away, and sometimes not for a day after I've played.

AAK

I really can't place Tekken into a top 10 list. Being a multiplayer game I judge it as a completely separate activity all together. So I'll have to make 2 different lists, one that talks about multiplayer games only, and the other just talking about the single player story based games:

Multiplayer:

1/2/3: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 / Tekken 6 / Tekken: DR (PS3)
4. Virtua Fighter 5
5. King of Fighters XIII

Single Player:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Dead Space
3. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
4. Vanquish
5. Mass Effect 2 (First RPG I really enjoyed)

Degen

I cannot believe that my secret weapon didn't run a clinic on Sayah last night

how did this happen

i don't even

i just.

This is so not SSF4

Sayah

I cannot believe that my secret weapon didn't run a clinic on Sayah last night

how did this happen

i don't even

i just.

This is so not SSF4

You were not doing a lot of True Ogre's attacks. And I don't think I saw you do even a single combo with him. Using one low attack over and over again eventually becomes predictable too.

Don't take offense. :p

I really can't place Tekken into a top 10 list. Being a multiplayer game I judge it as a completely separate activity all together. So I'll have to make 2 different lists, one that talks about multiplayer games only, and the other just talking about the single player story based games:

Multiplayer:

1/2/3: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 / Tekken 6 / Tekken: DR (PS3)
4. Virtua Fighter 5
5. King of Fighters XIII

Single Player:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Dead Space
3. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
4. Vanquish
5. Mass Effect 2 (First RPG I really enjoyed)

First RPG you enjoyed was ME2?
.......I don't know about that. :p
Try out Valkyria Chronicles or Dark Souls.

LowParry

I'd have to place TTT2 around maybe 3rd of my list of GOTY. Borderlands 2 is my first unless Halo 4 does something completely awesome. But as my list stands for now:

1. Borderlands 2
2. Ys Oath/Origin (I'm lumping the two together because they're that damn good together)
3. TTT2
4. The Darkness 2
5. Diablo 3

Games I've yet to play and really want to (eventually):

Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
Dishonored
XCOM
Call of Duty: BO2 (Only because I'm going with Halo 4 first)

ironbearxl

Neo Member
I sadly regret buying this game. I loved Tekken 3 (still play it), but this game is something totally different (a juggle competition).

The bounce off of the ground move that extends combos for more damage completley ruins the back and forth rhythm of a match. I feel ripped off right now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I sadly regret buying this game. I loved Tekken 3 (still play it), but this game is something totally different (a juggle competition).

The bounce off of the ground move that extends combos for more damage completley ruins the back and forth rhythm of a match. I feel ripped off right now.

lol

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The only thing I would change in the bound system is if you are bounded mid combo and then carried to a wall, you should be able to roll off the wall sideways with 1 or 3, and protect immediately after splatting. Having good players essentially reset their combos positions twice makes me feel helpless.

ironbearxl

Neo Member
The fact that bound is safe and can't be quick rolled, yet all throws/multi- can be broken/escaped...

The walls are new to me, I don't understand the way bound system affects them.

And the juggle damage could have been scaled down, but I guess people are used to it etc.

I don't enjoy doing juggle>tag>juggle some more and forget learning anything else.

DEATH™

The only thing I would change in the bound system is if you are bounded mid combo and then carried to a wall, you should be able to roll off the wall sideways with 1 or 3, and protect immediately after splatting. Having good players essentially reset their combos positions twice makes me feel helpless.

Techroll after bound? No... It's up to you to get up properly...

Bound is part of the juggle... Even before bound, there's things called spikes. You can't techroll with that... There's nothing to complain about...

The fact that bound is safe and can't be quick rolled, yet all throws/multi- can be broken/escaped...

The walls are new to me, I don't understand the way bound system affects them.

And the juggle damage could have been scaled down, but I guess people are used to it etc.

I don't enjoy doing juggle>tag>juggle some more and forget learning anything else.

WUT? Juggle tag juggle? Juggles are pretty scaled, and recently, Sayah reminded me this game ain't all about juggles and launchers... Maybe you're the one getting juggled to death... Keep practicing bro... We all do...

ironbearxl

Neo Member
DEATH™;43330292 said:
Techroll after bound? No... It's up to you to get up properly...

Bound is part of the juggle... Even before bound, there's things called spikes. You can't techroll with that... There's nothing to complain about...

WUT? Juggle tag juggle? Juggles are pretty scaled, and recently, Sayah reminded me this game ain't all about juggles and launchers... Maybe you're the one getting juggled to death... Keep practicing bro... We all do...

This game IS all about juggles and launchers.. And i'm saying I don't like having to rely on long tag juggles in order to pull off a win against a more skilled opponent.
Thanks for the sarcastic advice though...

Top Bottom