• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Tekken 3 had juggles that did the same kind of damage as TTT2. Tekken 3 in general was a game of very little life. Rounds were very quick and a single juggle could take out half your life. TTT2 isn't any worse with juggle damage. They're just longer and require more hits to do the same damage. The answer is simply don't get launched.

I sadly regret buying this game. I loved Tekken 3 (still play it), but this game is something totally different (a juggle competition).

The bounce off of the ground move that extends combos for more damage completley ruins the back and forth rhythm of a match. I feel ripped off right now.

1 2 3 chains did like 40% damage in that game

Maybe if you got further into the game you'd realize that for almost every time you eat big damage, it was probably your fault

It's tempting to press buttons, but initially be conservative and learn to block and punish

I want to use old school tekken renders as panels in TTT2 for shits and giggles. imagine having these for Marshall and Paul haha

Marshall_Law_Artwork_-_Tekken_1.jpg

I don't care if it isn't in HD! hahaha. but on the real, they need to bring this costume back as DLC... most of the Tekken 4 costumes were good

also, doesn't anyone know when the second round of Tekken Tunes are coming?

ironbearxl

Neo Member
Tekken 3 had juggles that did the same kind of damage as TTT2. Tekken 3 in general was a game of very little life. Rounds were very quick and a single juggle could take out half your life. TTT2 isn't any worse with juggle damage. They're just longer and require more hits to do the same damage. The answer is simply don't get launched.

What juggle in Tekken 3 does as much damage as a TTT 2 juggle? Tekken 3 did not solely rely on juggles to win a match.

ironbearxl

Neo Member
1 2 3 chains did like 40% damage in that game

Maybe if you got further into the game you'd realize that for almost every time you eat big damage, it was probably your fault

It's tempting to press buttons, but initially be conservative and learn to block and punish

These are mechanics I understand already, you are not really making a point here.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
What juggle in Tekken 3 does as much damage as a TTT 2 juggle? Tekken 3 did not solely rely on juggles to win a match.

Have you seen Tekken 3 combos? I can do 75% juggles EASILY in that game.

Holy shit, T3 was some bullshit. I LOVED IT.

ironbearxl

Neo Member
Have you seen Tekken 3 combos? I can do 75% juggles EASILY in that game.

Holy shit, T3 was some bullshit. I LOVED IT.

Yeah, but anyone can do it in TTT2.
EDIT. I'm going to try my best to not hate TTT2 since it's still new to me. And it is a beautiful looking game packed with features, so much props to Namco.

Here I'll give you an easy one off the top of my head.

Pick jin and do ewgf, bf+2,1,d+2 ff+2 = 72 dmg (half the opponent life in T3)

Now contrast that to the things you have to do in TTT2:

(Devil Jin since thats where T3 Jin has gone to) ewgf, ewgf, ff+3,1~ff 2, d/f+1+2 B! ff+3,1~ff DEWGF = 90 dmg (half life in TTT2)

Good luck hitting that consistently. They just made you work for the damage in TTT2 now.

Don't see how you loved Tekken 3 If you hates juggles, that game was freaking disgusting in terms of the damage you can easily do with them.

October 23rd.

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tag2/dlc/

danmaku

I'd buy some of T6 tunes. Fallen colony, Anger of the earth, Noh Theatre were amazing. I can't remember any music in old Tekkens, I played them in the arcades (T1-2) and you can't hear shit in an arcade.

DR2K

Banned

TTT2 doesn't rely on juggles either. It seems like it when you compare it to other fighting games, but in reality there's a lot on the ground you need to know. It would be nice if throws weren't useless for the most part or if it were a little easier to punish an overly defensive play.

Onemic

Here I'll give you an easy one off the top of my head.

Pick jin and do ewgf, bf+2,1,d+2 ff+2 = 72 dmg (half the opponent life in T3)

Now contrast that to the things you have to do in TTT2:

(Devil Jin since thats where T3 Jin has gone to) ewgf, ewgf, ff+3,1~ff 2, d/f+1+2 B! ff+3,1~ff DEWGF = 90 dmg (half life in TTT2)

Good luck hitting that consistently. They just made you work for the damage in TTT2 now.

Don't see how you loved Tekken 3 If you hates juggles, that game was freaking disgusting in terms of the damage you can easily do with them.

October 23rd.

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tag2/dlc/

T3 Jin is Devil Jin in TTT2?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
DEATH™;43330292 said:
Techroll after bound? No... It's up to you to get up properly...

Bound is part of the juggle... Even before bound, there's things called spikes. You can't techroll with that... There's nothing to complain

I'm speaking specifically about ground bounds followed by wall splats later in the same combo. Getting bounded is punishment enough. Adding wall splat combo on top of that is pretty ridiculous and has been something that I have loathed since T6. So again, what I propose is having a wall roll (similar to soul caliber 2) that you can tech off in that situation. It will never happen, but it seems like a pretty logical balance tweak to me.

Doomshine

I'm speaking specifically about ground bounds followed by wall splats later in the same combo. Getting bounded is punishment enough. Adding wall splat combo on top of that is pretty ridiculous and has been something that I have loathed since T6. So again, what I propose is having a wall roll (similar to soul caliber 2) that you can tech off in that situation. It will never happen, but it seems like a pretty logical balance tweak to me.

It don't think it's as bad as it was in T6 because of the amount of life you have work with now, but the one thing I would tweak is that you slide down to the ground faster after you hit the wall. This would make it harder to do ridiculous wall carry and getting a bound at the wall since you have less time to hit them.

Dereck

DEATH™;43295929 said:
What I learned from Sayah:

1. I got a lot of bad habits. Especially random ducking, and using King/AK b+3 from far away. Something I could get away offline...

2. Pressure does take away alot from me. I need to adapt. I can't set any kind of offense and I can't wait for the right opportunity to come by and punish and before that comes, I lose already.

3. I feel now the more tighter window of punish more. There's too many things I can't punish, due to wrong inputs, pathetic thinking and I'm basically panicking... Sometimes I want to hit my head why I did a particular move...

4. My movement sucks... I knew some stuff that I could sidestep but I always screw it up (especially CAT... everything in CAT is SSable). Random ducking and not being able to space properly too... I need to stop relying on King's BJGS as backdash substitute...

5. Sayah made me realize how I really need to buy a stick... Switching from pad to analog for the whole time is frustrating... Can't FC df+2 at analog, can't GS... Can't BDC... Nothing...
I won't matter anyway since I worry more about blocking everything sayah throws...

Years of not having a competition made me a scrub... Thank you Sayah for bringing back that arcade feeling back to me... This is like when I was learning the game all over again, well minus the walking home because got no more ride money part... Thanks...
Wait, were you the guy with br in your name?

LowParry

What gets me is Anna. I used to play her back in T5 but now when I'm up against her, I just get blown up so hard. Maybe it's time I learn her again and pair her up with Hwoar. My Hwoar/Paul team has been really fun though.

You could do the same amount of damage in a Tekken 3 juggle with 4 hits. TTT2 doesn't solely rely on juggles. Clearly you do not know how to play the game. Stop attributing your flaws to the game. If you want, I can beat you without using a single launcher juggle.

T4 was the only game where it was a costume. I believe his hair being down was supposed to represent him losing his passion for fighting. I think the 5 and 6 had them as customization.

Uncle AJ

T3 Jin is Devil Jin in TTT2?

T3 Jin was pretty much Kazyua with a few tweaks; Kazuya wasn't a playable character in T3. Jin didn't get his own distinct move set until T4. DJ in T5 is mostly similar to T3 Jin in that he shares moves with Kazuya, but also some of Jun's and whatever crazy flying/laser eye crap they've added to him in each game since T5.

8byte

Banned
This game IS all about juggles and launchers.. And i'm saying I don't like having to rely on long tag juggles in order to pull off a win against a more skilled opponent.
Thanks for the sarcastic advice though...
Playing a character with fast safe pokes and good mixup will easily win you a match. I play Wang, who is all but bottom tier, and I manage to do well enough against most top tier characters with just pokes / punishers.

Also: Movement

DEATH™

Dude he's not being sar--
never mind

Lol We all got wiped by Sayah...

This game IS all about juggles and launchers.. And i'm saying I don't like having to rely on long tag juggles in order to pull off a win against a more skilled opponent.

No... The game consists of pressure, punishes, setups and mindgames... If you don't want to rely on juggles, there's Jin... Good pokes, wavedash, parry, all those good ground stuff...

BTW Just like Wonks said, T3/TTT1 is more ridiculous in juggles, and pretty easy too to pull off... T3 Jin can juggle of hellsweeps? That's too good...

T4 tried it with wall tech... It can turn the tides to the juggled's favor. The problem is not everybody have the tools to counter it, so basically when you get a splat, might as well back out... I would like it if everybody have a good wall tech trap that will reset the combo but people would still complain that they got resplatted and juggles again...

Wait, were you the guy with br in your name?

Yep... I'm such a scrub... Years of school and work and not having competition made me soft... Sucks that not everyone around me plays fighting games. I need to go back to my basics...

*Picks Jin and Steve*

Dereck

DEATH™;43347104 said:
Yep... I'm such a scrub... Years of school and work and not having competition made me soft... Sucks that not everyone around me plays fighting games. I need to go back to my basics...

*Picks Jin and Steve*
What's tragic is that I never got to fight you because Sayah dominated the win spot.

Degen

Secret Weapon AKA Ogre made his stream debut just to get mollywhopped by Sayah over and over

petition to forbid Sayah from using any female character besides Panda

LowParry

Secret Weapon AKA Ogre made his stream debut just to get mollywhopped by Sayah over and over

petition to forbid Sayah from using any female character besides Panda

I'd vote in Miharu and item throw with her bag all night long. The hate mail I get from that..........haha!

Imo, juggles and launchers are definitely a HUGE part of this game. I know some pretty lengthy combos, but I have friends who have combos and tag combos that seem like they literally last for minutes and end up taking away around 60-80% of my life bar everytime. I am still trying to learn some more effective tag juggles myself and admittedly, it can really be challenging. The game is also about movement, pressure, punishers, spacing, defense and being able to read your opponents moves to prevent the launchers which is very difficult since there are so many characters to know. Knowing how to fight against so many fighting styles is what I need to work on I think. Hang in there. The game intimidates me sometimes also, but keep at it and take it one step at a time.

Vodh

This cracked me up. What would you like to rely on to pull off wins against more skilled opponents in a well designed fighting game?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yeah, but anyone can do it in TTT2.
EDIT. I'm going to try my best to not hate TTT2 since it's still new to me. And it is a beautiful looking game packed with features, so much props to Namco.

Yeah, but not EASILY. That's the difference. Trust me, there is more bullshit in TEKKEN 3 and less balance in that game. TTT2 is sound, just gotta get with the times.

DEATH™

What's tragic is that I never got to fight you because Sayah dominated the win spot.

Nah it's ok... I'm out of it that day anyways...

lololololol
Stream title

And I'll try not to hog the lobby next time. It must get boring with just one person.

No bro, keep doing what you're doing... We need someone to scream "Level Up Your Game™" to us...

-------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB_Rtda2trY

New ATP Podcast with E.P., Tombrady and JOP, slamming DOA and MK... talking about "hating" each other (in a competitive way), and other funny stuff... good listen...

DOA crowd, please listen first before raging... Those guys are reasonable, and they have the right to say what they said as they are DOA players themselves...

DR2K

Banned
DEATH™;43361102 said:
Nah it's ok... I'm out of it that day anyways...

No bro, keep doing what you're doing... We need someone to scream "Level Up Your Game™" to us...

-------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB_Rtda2trY

New ATP Podcast with E.P., Tombrady and JOP, slamming DOA and MK... talking about "hating" each other (in a competitive way), and other funny stuff... good listen...

DOA crowd, please listen first before raging... Those guys are reasonable, and they have the right to say what they said as they are DOA players themselves...

DOA crowd isn't going to listen to Tekken podcast me thinks. lol

Hey Sayah, my Williams sisters are not done with your William sisters yet btw lol. :p I need to try to extend my diminutive tag combos with Anna and Nina. Still having trouble with the timing I suppose. I got some tag combos, but yours are epic and MUCH more damaging. Any advice for extending combos?

Sayah

DEATH™;43361102 said:

If you say so. :p

Hey Sayah, my Williams sisters are not done with your William sisters yet btw lol. :p I need to try to extend my diminutive tag combos with Anna and Nina. Still having trouble with the timing I suppose. I got some tag combos, but yours are epic and MUCH more damaging. Any advice for extending combos?

Sure, we can do online practice or I can list combos here. Whichever way works for you. :)

Went through the whole cast and think I'll just go back to Lee which I mained in 4 and 5. Man, I can't string mist steps together like I used to. My hands turn into noodles after the first one or two.

Lee has so much swag though. Is there a hint to coordinating yourself or is it just a matter of practising?

Sayah

Went through the whole cast and think I'll just go back to Lee which I mained in 4 and 5. Man, I can't string mist steps together like I used to. My hands turn into noodles after the first one or two.

Lee has so much swag though. Is there a hint to coordinating yourself or is it just a matter of practising?

Are you trying to do miststep while in a combo? Just press 1,2 forward, 1,2 forward when the opponent is in the air. I remember thinking it was hard in T6 and then when I actually learned how to do it, it was cake.

Man, I can't string mist steps together like I used to. My hands turn into noodles after the first one or two.

You trying those b+2~f links with Lee? Yeah you might want to stop doing that now since the Unlimited update made them SOO much harder to do now.

A few Lee players I talked to mentioned they stopped doing it and just go with b+2~f 2, b+2~f 2 etc.

Sayah

You trying those b+2~f links with Lee? Yeah you might want to stop doing that now since the Unlimited update made them SOO much harder to do now.

Several Lee players I talked to mentioned they stopped doing it and just go with b+2~f 2, b+2~f 2 etc.

Yeeeeah.....I don't know anything about Lee. lol

Are you trying to do miststep while in a combo? Just press 1,2 forward, 1,2 forward when the opponent is in the air. I remember thinking it was hard in T6 and then when I actually learned how to do it, it was cake.

I've only been at it a few hours. Starting to get better, but I think my muscle memory has alzheimer's

A few Lee players I talked to mentioned they stopped doing it and just go with b+2~f 2, b+2~f 2 etc.

Yeah, the window for it seems tiny. b+2 doesn't seem cause any float whatsoever compared to other moves early into a juggle. Thought it might have just been my sucking

The carry on 5 of those was epic ;_;

Soon I'll have my revenge, Wonkey

Dereck

I want to use old school tekken renders as panels in TTT2 for shits and giggles. imagine having these for Marshall and Paul haha

I don't care if it isn't in HD! hahaha. but on the real, they need to bring this costume back as DLC... most of the Tekken 4 costumes were good

Tekken 4 costumes are the best.

Top Bottom