• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Yeah the customization is my only complaint with this game as everything else is pretty much perfection. No mustache for Law, no Tux for Lee, can't change the default hairstyle color, can't change Angel's wings color, can't customize arms and legs. Even though there are alot more items than T6 I still feel like you had way more freedom in that game. I wish the team spent more time on the actual clothing items then the shit ton of silly item moves. I just want to able to put Miguel's henley shirt on, Jun in some jeans & flip flops, and a Kimono =( She's an elegant Japanese milf, she needs a Kimono!

I really hope we get customization dlc. Even if we just got the majority outfits and/or items from past Tekken games that would be a huge boost.

Hopefully they get it right for Tekken x Street Fighter and give us the best customization ever in a fighting game.

DEATH™

I'm here practicing my BDC's and the williams matchup and then this 2 year old kid I babysit often took the controller off me and played like he mean it... I'm so proud. As long as he doesn't have a pottymouth, I'm good...

I've been learning new the basics of different characters that I don't play by trying to obtain each character specific item move. Most of them are obviously not useful, although I think Angel's could be used like Alisa's full screen rocket arms.

I think this is another way to incentivize learning the game.

For you guys having trouble, have you checked out Levelupyourgame on YouTube and twitch? As long as you understand the terminology, it is a good place to see what is good about each character and which character may fit into your play style.

Pookmunki

I've been learning new the basics of different characters that I don't play by trying to obtain each character specific item move. Most of them are obviously not useful, although I think Angel's could be used like Alisa's full screen rocket arms.

I think this is another way to incentivize learning the game.

For you guys having trouble, have you checked out Levelupyourgame on YouTube and twitch? As long as you understand the terminology, it is a good place to see what is good about each character and which character may fit into your play style.

For me it's just a case of shedding the bullshit I use in sp and applying what I know to real people playing. I can see the patterns and frankly weak mindgames at my level but just don't have the tools to deal with them at my disposal quick enough and factoring slight lag.

F-ing love the game, I just need to step online more knowing I'll have a shocking w/l for now.

I think punishing moderately well and knowing decent combos for every launcher your character has will get you past the Dan stage fairly quickly.

For example, with Mishima, just keep 1,1,2 handy for punishing everything. You don't have to think about it, just do it. Sure you'll miss spots where you could have punished with an EWGF, but at least you've done damage, knocked them down, and shown them that they cannot spam garbage at you without retaliation.

You also don't need to use bound and/or TA in every combo. Have your main launcher combo in mind and hit that. Once that becomes second nature, go ahead and add to the tougher-to-get launchers.

Oh and block lows.

I finally just ordered this today when Amazon had it up for $40. I haven't played Tekken since the ps2 days. Are there any good beginner teams to use to pick up on the game play? I prefer female teams.

LowParry

I finally just ordered this today when Amazon had it up for $40. I haven't played Tekken since the ps2 days. Are there any good beginner teams to use to pick up on the game play? I prefer female teams.

Lili, Asuka/Jun, and Anna I believe are pretty easy to pick up on and play. I think you'd be fine starting out with any of those characters. Kunimitsu is great but you'll have to wait till she becomes available to you.

I-hate-u

Quick question guys. I bought the game yesterday and it came with only 2 pre-order characters. Anyone know how I can get Ogre/Kuni etc?

Degen

Looking at the latest update to TZ's Rage Mode chart, it's actually a smart move to pick up a DLC character if you want to put Ogre on point

also, now Bruce and Bryan's columns are backwards lol

DR2K

Banned
Looking at the latest update to TZ's Rage Mode chart, it's actually a smart move to pick up a DLC character if you want to put Ogre on point

also, now Bruce and Bryan's columns are backwards lol

I never really understood why they felt this was a good idea? Why am I being punished for pick a team of characters that hate eachother in story mode? I like using Asuka/Lili and Nina/Anna if you can't tell.

Sayah

I never really understood why they felt this was a good idea? Why am I being punished for pick a team of characters that hate eachother in story mode? I like using Asuka/Lili and Nina/Anna if you can't tell.

Yeah, I wish this love/hate system sort of didn't exist.

Degen

well the Nina/Anna team deserves the nerf (lol) but I guess the "relationship" thing is just there to make us think outside the box. It's interesting, at least

Looks like Lili gets Rage faster when Asuka is fighting, but Asuka gets it a lot later than normal when Lili is in. must be some weird gameplay lol

Sayah

well the Nina/Anna team deserves the nerf (lol) but I guess the "relationship" thing is just there to make us think outside the box. It's interesting, at least

Looks like Lili gets Rage faster when Asuka is fighting, but Asuka gets it a lot later than normal when Lili is in. must be some weird gameplay lol

Nina's qcf+2 downgrade is already a big enough nerf. :(

how do you do the slide move with Marshall/Forest? it's the one move in the whole game that I cannot pull off =/

I play on a stick if that helps

I remember having a lot of trouble with the slide until I looked at my inputs and saw that it never comes out if you input a down-back in the middle of it. Once I got more disciplined in hitting just the down in the middle I never missed it.

thanks guys.

I've been maining Forest/Paul... should I be dropping Forest for Marshall? everyone is always telling me DSS this, DSS that... I never really knew how to incorporate it into combos in the previous games so I didn't realize how major the loss was. what do you guys thinG?h

Dereck

thanks guys.

I've been maining Forest/Paul... should I be dropping Forest for Marshall? everyone is always telling me DSS this, DSS that... I never really knew how to incorporate it into combos in the previous games so I didn't realize how major the loss was. what do you guys thinG?h
If you can learn to use DSS in matches to create more mixups, use Marshall. From a Marshall/Forest player, DSS is hard to master or even learn. If you can master it, I would say Marshall over Forest anyday. If DSS is hard for you, use Forest.

that's what I've been thinking. I used Law as my main from Tekken 3 to vanilla Tekken 5 and earlier, but when they removed his b+1,2,1 as a launcher, it almost killed the character for me haha. when they brought it back for Forest, I was so happy

DEATH™

Just imagine ANY kind of mishimas having even average rage? As if EWGF red-life killers for both chars wasn't enough...

On team synergy stuff, some actually makes sense gameplay-wise... They could make King and AK hate each other, but they made them like each other since that team needs to rely on each other's strengths and they will take a bit of damage before they get theirs. Aside the fact that those two are cool...

Trust me, when you face Sayah's Nina/Anna, You'll be glad that rage don't come out soon...

Dereck

that's what I've been thinking. I used Law as my main from Tekken 3 to vanilla Tekken 5 and earlier, but when they removed his b+1,2,1 as a launcher, it almost killed the character for me haha. when they brought it back for Forest, I was so happy
Skip to 1:20:45, I really like to watch Rip's matches for mixup ideas, I don't carry much of it over into my own matches too often but it's interesting.

http://www.twitch.tv/levelupyourgame/b/336084456

thanks, i'll check it out!

is it me or does the 360 ranked seem not as populated as I thought it would be. I'm starting to think that I should've bought this on PS3 instead =/

Doomshine

You should not be using the relationship chart to create your teams, it's not worth it. If you happen to have a team with a good relationship then great, that's just a bonus.

DSix

Banned
Seems that WTF is freezed since yesterday :/

Edit: ah! It's back, took a long time eh. It's still behind in time.

Alright, I'm nervous, but it's about time I get my feet wet in Tekken GAF.

Anyone want to play? I'm not very good (still learning plenty of stuff). And if we do play, let me know if you want Tekken Tunes off. Apparently having Tekken Tunes on causes lag according to the one of the Aris videos I watched.

Dereck

Alright, I'm nervous, but it's about time I get my feet wet in Tekken GAF.

Anyone want to play? I'm not very good (still learning plenty of stuff). And if we do play, let me know if you want Tekken Tunes off. Apparently having Tekken Tunes on causes lag according to the one of the Aris videos I watched.
PSN name?

Mine is Muhnner, let me know when you want to play, PS3.

Top Bottom