• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Huh, all of us got kicked...

Well, good games you two. Actually I never got to play Jo Jo, hopefully we can play another time. I stupidly forgot to change the win limit.

Those were rough games, but oddly enough, I don't feel so bad about them. It's still difficult deciding when's a good time to attack and I definitely need to work on knowing my moves and combos. It was still a good experience though. Hopefully I can level up and really enjoy this game.

Edit: Whoa, I didn't know that was Jo Jo either. XDD

Dereck

Huh, all of us got kicked...

Well, good games you two. Actually I never got to play Jo Jo, hopefully we can play another time. I stupidly forgot to change the win limit.

Those were rough games, but oddly enough, I don't feel so bad about them. It's still difficult deciding when's a good time to attack and I definitely need to work on knowing my moves and combos. It was still a good experience though. Hopefully I can level up and really enjoy this game.

Edit: Whoa, I didn't know that was Jo Jo either. XDD
You will get better if you keep playing, realistically if I lost over 10 times in a row I would lose determination. You were persistent.

You will get better if you keep playing, realistically if I lost over 10 times in a row I would lose determination. You were persistent.

Thanks! I think it's normal for me to actually give up on things fairly easily, but for some reason I really don't want to give up on Tekken. I don't know if it's the characters or the fact that I got the game because I was really impressed by the content and effort put into it, but I really want to improve at this.

I just hope my poor reflexes don't hold me back too much, haha.

Sayah

Anna's elbow move (qcf+1) is one of the best moves in the history of moves.
I love spamming it. And it's pure joy when it connects on counter hit.

If only Nina's bitch slap wasn't nerfed, it could be more than just a combo filler. :/

I was checking the Customization and to my surprise, my Xiaoyu is able to equip bangs now, which is really good because I was kind of worried with the long hair looking like crap. Now I realize what was missing, but my Miharu lacks the feature to buy them. Are bangs also unlocked through Ghost Battles or is it something else?

Dereck

dammit, i was missing some miguel mirror action?

Devastor's miguel is amazing too. Better than mine seen from the few matches i spectated
Never got to fight Devastor actually, got beat too many times and other people had the win spot.

It's weird as fuck, but I'm doing my graduate degree at University of Florida and the Macy's Parade stage (forget where... US) has a banner on one of the buildings of my college and mascot/logo there... ???

That's the last thing I was expecting to see in Tekken...

ironbearxl

Neo Member
Still not feeling this game, considering either selling or shelving it at this point. Definitely the last Tekken game I will ever buy.

CSX

It's weird as fuck, but I'm doing my graduate degree at University of Florida and the Macy's Parade stage (forget where... US) has a banner on one of the buildings of my college and mascot/logo there... ???

That's the last thing I was expecting to see in Tekken...

well namco is about to get sued :p

AAK

I was checking the Customization and to my surprise, my Xiaoyu is able to equip bangs now, which is really good because I was kind of worried with the long hair looking like crap. Now I realize what was missing, but my Miharu lacks the feature to buy them. Are bangs also unlocked through Ghost Battles or is it something else?

That's weird... the bangs were missing but all of the other posterior hairline options were available like the emo style, over the eye style, curls, etc.?

Sayah

All of the forehead hair items are locked for me right now. Probably have to play more ghost battles to unlock that stuff.

You have to equip the hair base you purchased in order to access the other hair parts (bangs, sideburns, hair accessories) in the store.

Sayah

Still not feeling this game, considering either selling or shelving it at this point. Definitely the last Tekken game I will ever buy.

Dude, the game just came out and you just started it. Everything's not just going to come naturally to you. You have to put time and effort. And you will be very glad you continued playing once you're past the entry barriers.

People can say that Tekken doesn't fit their tastes but that's not true. Tekken is for everyone. Even if you play casually, you can work hard and progress to play at a competitive level. We were all casual players mashing buttons at once. No one is good the first day.

Which characters do you use? If you want, I can do online practice with you and give you a tutorial of your characters.

You have to equip the hair base you purchased in order to access the other hair parts (bangs, sideburns, hair accessories) in the store.

Oh, thanks. :)
I should have known that from T6.

Sayah

Kdash, your post reminded me to visit your minus account and post the art. Reeeeeally amazing stuff you got there.
jNpsP4rvrwGyV.jpg

jbkqpHjBCPQInO.jpg

jVFBFzgqrbV9G.jpg

jQnjDy9RcYoi6.jpg

j9rsPu0yLPal3.jpg

jJeP2lSmBZUIr.jpg

joc7mAZbKLTnM.jpg

j8dG9HtUxZ0bS.jpg

j5wRdQbLuvcLQ.jpg

jboBBvu8IvBIyt.jpg

jQr67YPW1ZEtv.jpg
I wish I had art skills.

Kdash, your post reminded me to visit your minus account and post the art. Reeeeeally amazing stuff you got there.

I wish I had art skills.

Hah. Thanks. I should upload more stuff there if I can find anything really good. I have over a gig of Tekken art, but I've only been uploading the nicest stuff up there. Still thinking about making another one to just dump everything I have into. Hah.

Anyway, speaking of art skills...I keep meaning to get back into drawing stuff, especially now that I learned how to digitally paint stuff a bit. Maybe I'll do some Tekken art soon. :)

Gotta get ideas in my head first, though...

Does this count as off topic discussion, since I didn't mention the game itself? Well, uhhh...Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is amazing! Go buy it and play it, guys!

AAK

Wow! @ artworks

Also....this game is crack. I signed up to the street fighter 4 ae ranbat just to fill the bracket and put the game in my PS3 to refresh my memory and I just couldn't control myself to put TTT2 back on lol.

Ran into USMC ogre yesterday in ranked... so surreal playing someone 3000+ miles away and get a game where you can break throws on reaction...this game...

Sayah

Hah. Thanks. I should upload more stuff there if I can find anything really good. I have over a gig of Tekken art, but I've only been uploading the nicest stuff up there. Still thinking about making another one to just dump everything I have into. Hah.

Anyway, speaking of art skills...I keep meaning to get back into drawing stuff, especially now that I learned how to digitally paint stuff a bit. Maybe I'll do some Tekken art soon. :)

Gotta get ideas in my head first, though...

Does this count as off topic discussion, since I didn't mention the game itself? Well, uhhh...Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is amazing! Go buy it and play it, guys!

Nah, it's not off-topic. It's Tekken. :)

And looking forward to seeing your art.

Sayah

Wow! @ artworks

Also....this game is crack. I signed up to the street fighter 4 ae ranbat just to fill the bracket and put the game in my PS3 to refresh my memory and I just couldn't control myself to put TTT2 back on lol.

Ran into USMC ogre yesterday in ranked... so surreal playing someone 3000+ miles away and get a game where you can break throws on reaction...this game...

Oh, I signed up for that SFIV thing too. Tried to practice SFIV but the Tekken addiction was too strong to overcome.

That's weird... the bangs were missing but all of the other posterior hairline options were available like the emo style, over the eye style, curls, etc.?

Sorry, all of the forehead items are there, I mean. I haven't done Ghost Battle in a while (or changed Xiaoyu for that matter) so I didn't see when she got it. But my Xiaoyu's at Berserker and my Miharu's at Master. so maybe it is Ghost Battle related.

Sayah

Do I have to unlock the hair bases too b/c I don't see them available for me.

Hah. I know. I was just trying to be funny.

And thanks! I'll try to start on it soon...if I can remember where I put my pencils...

Hah. Sure, why not? I'll see what I can come up with.

Nina and Anna too plz if you can. :p

Do I have to unlock the hair bases too b/c I don't see them available for me.

Well, by hair bases, I meant the back section of the hair. Those are now the hair bases. You have to buy one in the store, in the first category. Then you have to go back and equip it, then the extra store options will pop up. Then you can go back and equip those, too. You can change the color of it through the "base" section.

I don't know why they made it all so awkward, and didn't just give you the option to equip something as soon as you bought it (like in 6), but oh well.

Nina and Anna too plz if you can. :p

Hah, okey dokey. :p

Sayah

Well, by hair bases, I meant the back section of the hair. You have to buy one in the store, in the first category. Then you have to go back and equip it, then the extra store options will pop up. I don't know why they made it so awkward, but oh well.

I get it now. Yeah, not sure why they made it this way.
In T6, you had to buy the hair base first and then you could buy the rest of the stuff. It's different here.

LowParry

Hah. Sure, why not? I'll see what I can come up with.

Oh my. That would be super sweet awesome. The Lili work that's been posted I really like the most. That style is great. Schoolgirl those two up! :D

Edit: Actually, T4 Xiaoyu and TTT2 Miharu would be neat.

Well, by hair bases, I meant the back section of the hair. Those are now the hair bases. You have to buy one in the store, in the first category. Then you have to go back and equip it, then the extra store options will pop up. Then you can go back and equip those, too. You can change the color of it through the "base" section.

I don't know why they made it all so awkward, and didn't just give you the option to equip something as soon as you bought it (like in 6), but oh well.

Damn, I wish I knew this earlier. Spent like 2 hours in Ghost Battles. Oh well, I'm happy that my girls have bangs now!

Oh my. That would be super sweet awesome. The Lili work that's been posted I really like the most. That style is great. Schoolgirl those two up! :D

Edit: Actually, T4 Xiaoyu and TTT2 Miharu would be neat.

Just for the record, I didn't draw any of those. They're just in my Minus account. Just figured I'd mention that just in case. Hah.

I personally haven't really drawn much of anything in like...2-3 years, so don't expect anything as nice as those. :p

Anyway, the TV in my room is messed up (it started turning on and off on its own this morning, out of nowhere), so I don't have a lot to do now, so I think I'll get started on those drawings for you guys. I'll go look up some good reference shots for all of them. And I think I'll try out this thing I've been wanting to try to help me out a bit with my drawings, which is to use 3D models to help me out a bit with poses and anatomy. I sucked at poses. Hah.

Damn, I wish I knew this earlier. Spent like 2 hours in Ghost Battles. Oh well, I'm happy that my girls have bangs now!

Well, at least you got some extra practice in and ranked up (I hope)! Hah.

I'm glad your characters have hair now! :D

DEATH™

Just for the record, I didn't draw any of those. They're just in my Minus account. Just figured I'd mention that just in case. Hah.

I personally haven't really drawn much of anything in like...2-3 years, so don't expect anything as nice as those. :p

Anyway, the TV in my room is messed up (it started turning on and off on its own this morning, out of nowhere), so I don't have a lot to do now, so I think I'll get started on those drawings for you guys. I'll go look up some good reference shots for all of them. And I think I'll try out this thing I've been wanting to try to help me out a bit with my drawings, which is to use 3D models to help me out a bit with poses and anatomy. I sucked at poses. Hah.

Do you use C4D or Maya for your 3D?

Seriously though... Just having those tools (along with PS/AI/Sai and a tablet) will make you infinitely better than us already :p

@GAF sorry guys, I want to play more but I'm stuck again... tests coming up this week...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
i got to play a bunch of matches this weekend (offline of course) with some of the SoCal guys! I love this game <3

haha awesome, he's so rusty nowadays. I'm glad he's getting back into it. at our last session he was definitely enjoying the game.

I have to ask why is Anna's qcf+2,1 so difficult to execute in a combo? I have the hardest time with qcf motions in this game, especially that particular move. You have to execute it perfect or it will not work at all.

MightyKAC

I think I'll try new experiment right now. I'll put up a match session for anybody who's awake/around to play within this time zone.

PSN: MightKAC

Holler for an invite.

Top Bottom