• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

I have to ask why is Anna's qcf+2,1 so difficult to execute in a combo? I have the hardest time with qcf motions in this game, especially that particular move. You have to execute it perfect or it will not work at all.

When are you trying to do qcf+2,1? Generally it's done after a bound. Just slide your thumb from down to forward and press 2,1. Unless you are doing it from judgment stance in which case, you can just press d/f instead of qcf.

Degen

Quarter circle moves mid-combo are crazy-hard sometimes

I did a top tier solo juggle in Practice with Bryan the other day that involved a jab into qcb+2,4 (or is it 1,4?). Nine times out of ten, either the opponent hit the ground because I did the QC move too late, or the wrong move came out because I did it too early

Pachimari

Could we eventually get the update here at midnight already?

Why am I getting a bunch of error connections in player matches and the new world rank mode? =/

AAK

I ran into another legend today in Ranked: SperoGin... Damn @ this guy's capo skills.

EDIT: And our fellow GAFer Uraizen is a very very AWESOME person. Thanks man!

Sayah

I ran into Filthierich in online ranked once. I lost the match, lol.

I did a top tier solo juggle in Practice with Bryan the other day that involved a jab into qcb+2,4 (or is it 1,4?). Nine times out of ten, either the opponent hit the ground because I did the QC move too late, or the wrong move came out because I did it too early

I guess it depends on the move/juggle/situation. I usually don't have trouble landing Anna's qcf+2,1/qcf+1 or Nina's qcf+2/qcf+1.

Why am I getting a bunch of error connections in player matches and the new world rank mode? =/

I don't get any errors in world arena but my game has frozen twice during searching for lobbies lol.

Oh and random PSN sign outs everynow and again. Really irritating.

Damn man, I wanted to fight Flying Wonkey's Lei again without all of the lag.

Don't think that's possible but you're always welcome to try. Shoot me an invite whenever I'm on.

Sayah

Edit: ^ I never faced you FW.
Can't wait for update. Gonna finally use all the appropriate music with Tekken Tunes.
Filthie_Rich had like 20 matches with Rip on his last stream, dude is a beast.

You have the link to that? I might want to watch it later.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I play against probably the best Mishima player in California on almost a daily basis. The Mishimas are so HARD to fight against at high level.

How would you feel if you could only poke with a single jab and a quick low/mid? x.x

Dereck

I can probably capture some match videos between us, I have them saved in my history still.

I think we played 30 matches and I only won 4 (this is offline btw).

King/Eddy (my main team) vs Devil Jin/Heihachi.
That would be awesome if you could.

CSX

I play against probably the best Mishima player in California on almost a daily basis. The Mishimas are so HARD to fight against at high level.

How would you feel if you could only poke with a single jab and a quick low/mid? x.x

Wait someone is better than Kane!!???

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Wait someone is better than Kane!!???

I think Kane is the better player/more experienced, he's been playing just as long as Kane has. But I also think that Kane is better with his Lili teams right now, not his Mishimas.

Hard to compare, cuz the Mishimas are very different at high level, usage wise. Kane uses Kazuya/Heihachi.

I went up against Jade's Mishima's a few times, online only though, got steam rolled 3-0 pretty much every match. Almost had a nervous breakdown haha, its just too scary playing good Mishima's.

I reached the saved replay limit(didnt know there was one) so I decided to look thru them and delete some and man have I come a long way. I still have a long road ahead to get to where I wanna be but its nice to know that I'm making progress.

Also, I put this track on the Arena stage recently and I'm pretty sure I havent lost on it since =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgT-UfS3wCA

How long is it taking ya'll to reach True Tekken God offline?

I've read some crazy things like 750+ wins, but I got there in roughly 300 wins with Feng, Lee and Kuni (Jun is still Yaksa despite having more wins than any of them and a similar percentage :/)

Pachimari

I guess we'll for sure get new tracks but rumors are also talking about the remaining characters (Violet, Unknown, Dr. B). Who knows when the update will roll out.

When are you trying to do qcf+2,1? Generally it's done after a bound. Just slide your thumb from down to forward and press 2,1. Unless you are doing it from judgment stance in which case, you can just press d/f instead of qcf.

Ok thanks. I will try that. I typically try it after a launcher, but I will try it in a bound more often because I think I have more success connecting during a bound. When I try it after a launcher or during a combo, Anna always does her rising uppercut/chop instead even when I put the motion in. It might be me lol.

Pachimari

I also think my main team is definite: Forest Law and Slim Bob.
While I can use Jin Kazama, JayCee and Marshall as substitutes.

If Shin Kamiya turns up I'll main him though lol.

Ok, so it isn't just me then. I can connect a qcf motion in Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, BlazBlue, etc without a problem, but they are really tough in this game for some reason.

Erigu

So whats this about an update today? Anyone know what it contains and when it's released?
According to the Japanese official site, the second batch of BGM and the first batch of movies are scheduled for today, but Harada said on his Twitter that there would be no update. Maybe he was just talking about an actual update of the game though (new characters / changes), and the music/video DLC is (or will very soon be) up?

Regarding TTT2 DLC,

This is what I heard: content for TTT2 is to be released fortnightly. (Same like in SCV right?)

Anyways Starting from

Oct 9th is the 1.02 patch.

Oct 23rd is the rest of the Tekken Tunes DLC and older Tekken game movies are available.

November 6th is when the next patch for the game should be up, it will unlock Dr B and Violet.

November 20th will be when they'll unlock Unknown.

My source might be a bit sketchy so forgive me If this doesn't exactly fall through as planned. :p

Pachimari

Do you guys think Namco have more DLC plans after Unknown, Dr B and Violet?

I'm thinking Tekken Ball for the PS3 and 360 versions and more characters.

danmaku

Do you guys think Namco have more DLC plans after Unknown, Dr B and Violet?

I'm thinking Tekken Ball for the PS3 and 360 versions and more characters.

I think they'll keep it exclusive to the WiiU version, Nintendo probably asked for some extra feature and costumes alone weren't enough. New characters are possible, though.

Pachimari

I think they'll keep it exclusive to the WiiU version, Nintendo probably asked for some extra feature and costumes alone weren't enough. New characters are possible, though.
I really don't think that's the case.
I think it's a timed exclusive and they'll release Tekken Ball for PS3 and 360 next year.

Dereck

It gives Wii-U consumers incentive to purchase Tekken Tag 2, which is understandable. I will wait as long as it takes, as long as the Tekken Ball feature is confirmed a time exclusive.

Pachimari

It gives Wii-U consumers incentive to purchase Tekken Tag 2, which is understandable. I will wait as long as it takes, as long as the Tekken Ball feature is confirmed a time exclusive.
That's what I'm saying. :)

Meanwhile I love slaughtering with my Forest and Slim Bob.

Top Bottom