• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Erigu

It makes no sense not to release it on PS3 and 360. It's extra profit making it payed DLC.
But is it technically possible? Were the PlayStation 3 and Xbox360 versions designed for such an addition? Or is it on the disc already? I'm thinking "no".
(I'd like to be wrong though, sure.)

Dereck

But is it technically possible? Were the PlayStation 3 and Xbox360 versions designed for such an addition? Or is it on the disc already? I'm thinking "no".
(I'd like to be wrong though, sure.)
Surely Tekken Ball can be added through DLC.

Regarding TTT2 DLC,

This is what I heard: content for TTT2 is to be released fortnightly. (Same like in SCV right?)

Anyways Starting from

Oct 9th is the 1.02 patch.

Oct 23rd is the rest of the Tekken Tunes DLC and older Tekken game movies are available.

November 6th is when the next patch for the game should be up, it will unlock Dr B and Violet.

November 20th will be when they'll unlock Unknown.

My source might be a bit sketchy so forgive me If this doesn't exactly fall through as planned. :p

Hope this isn't true. Just give us the damn content, Namco. Everyone is praising them about the free DLC, but at this point I'd rather pay a couple bucks than wait.

Sayah

I hope they release more DLC characters later next year. That character select screen will still have enough space for a lot more characters. Of course, if that happens also depends on the sales which should be a lot better than they are right now.

I want Dr. Abel, Heather Williams and Jane. LET'S GO.
not gonna happen :(

Any "noobs" (in lack of a better word) up for some matches? I'm trying to kill time until the Apple event in 2 hours.

I would play if I didn't have to write stuff right now. Maybe after I finish.

Dai Kaiju

Has anyone managed to do well online while using the 360 controller? Starting to wonder if im wasting my time or if ill get used to it.

Sayah

Has anyone managed to do well online while using the 360 controller? Starting to wonder if im wasting my time or if ill get used to it.

360 controller in general is not good for fighting games, I think. Online ranked is brutal so probably better to learn some combos/guarding/other strategies in practice if you haven't already.

Which characters are you using?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
How long is it taking ya'll to reach True Tekken God offline?

I've read some crazy things like 750+ wins, but I got there in roughly 300 wins with Feng, Lee and Kuni (Jun is still Yaksa despite having more wins than any of them and a similar percentage :/)

As long as you stay at rank you should be able to do it around 300 !

I think mine was like 370 or so, I forget. I got sidetracked by hunting golds.

Dereck

That awkward moment when you realize that your Ghost Battle record on Ultra hard is 800W and 100L, and some people have that same record online.

Dai Kaiju

360 controller in general is not good for fighting games, I think. Online ranked is brutal so probably better to learn some combos/guarding/other strategies in practice if you haven't already.

Which characters are you using?

Jack-6 and Dragunov. Also experimenting with Bruce. Drag was my main in T6 but something feels off about him and I can't put my finger on what. There was a TTT2 Drag thread on tekken zaibatsu that said it was really hard for him to break turtles "because throws are useless now". Nobody agreed or disagreed with that statement. Are they easier to break now? Harder to land? So confused...

Doomshine

Jack-6 and Dragunov. Also experimenting with Bruce. Drag was my main in T6 but something feels off about him and I can't put my finger on what. There was a TTT2 Drag thread on tekken zaibatsu that said it was really hard for him to break turtles "because throws are useless now". Nobody agreed or disagreed with that statement. Are they easier to break now? Harder to land? So confused...

I can't remember who it was, but I think it was Slips who said people seemed to be having more trouble breaking throws, but I haven't heard anything about them being changed.

Get a 360-PS2 converter (Either from Etokki or somewhere else). That's how I play on the 360. I also have a Pelican for my PS3 so I can still use my DS1 pad.

EDIT: Drat, it was only music? Well I already have the tunes from Tekken already so...I'll just wait for the 3 remaining characters. Now to just figure out which Sonic songs work with some of these stages...

Horseress

Guys, I'm having THE hardest time trying to do fF moves in the middle of combos, like Devil Jin's fF+3, someone has some tips for a beginner? =D

Guys, I'm having THE hardest time trying to do fF moves in the middle of combos, like Devil Jin's fF+3, someone has some tips for a beginner? =D

It could be you're doing the forward motions too quickly before the buffer window opens, you're not holding the second forward while pushing the button, or if the move is coming out but not connecting, maybe trying doing it faster or doing a slight dash first then using it. Try and find some video of it in combos (or watch the replay if it's in a sample combo) to get the timing down.

Degen

If you set the Fiji stage to either T4 "Kitsch" or T5 "Poolside" then you are probably everyone

edit:
Does Ground Zero Funk have any other title? I don't see it in the T5 Tunes list. :/
looks like it isn't there. some tracks aren't, like Yoshimitsu's T2 console theme (which is so good..)

Sayah

If you set the Fiji stage to either T4 "Kitsch" or T5 "Poolside" then you are probably everyone

edit:

looks like it isn't there. some tracks aren't, like Yoshimitsu's T2 console theme (which is so good..)
Well, damn. Guess I'll have to make an MP3 out of that. Was hoping to use it on the Snow Castle stage.

And yes, I am using Kitsch for the Fiji stage, lol.

Vodh

Just took a look at sales figures, and I'm like WTF? How can the best Tekken since 3, with the biggest cast ever, also be the worst selling Tekken?

danmaku

Where did you get the sales figures? From what I've seen so far it sold as much as a fighting game can reasonably sell at this point. We are at the end of the gen, casuals already bought a fighting game for their console, sometimes more than one, they're not going to buy another one. The fact that TTT2 is heavily focused on multiplayer didn't help, either. I love that approach (tons of content, excellent online, every character unlocked from the start, no resources wasted on retarded storylines) but I understand the package can be underwhelming for some people.

Still, catering to the hardcore has an advantage: if the game is good, it'll have long legs. If TTT2 keeps being streamed and played in tournaments, it'll keep selling.

I honestly think customization is turning a lot of people off. Half the time you're fighting a dude in pink speedos with huge butterfly wings. Nobody seeing that is gonna take the game seriously.

And while I personally love the bound system, its ability to extend juggles to ridiculous lengths is enough to scare off any casual player. Then there's tag assaults and walls.

I hope it sells well over time.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
As far as sales go in the west, wasn't Tekken 6 slow with stock sitting at retail, but eventually sold well over time?

I'd always heard T6 had long legs.

Degen

Degen, I challenge you to a grudge match this Thursday streamed by Kadey. Accept my challenge.
dww5f.gif

I got something special for Asukajun and it rhymes with SS+3+door

Dereck

As far as sales go in the west, wasn't Tekken 6 slow with stock sitting at retail, but eventually sold well over time?

I'd always heard T6 had long legs.
Tekken 5 sold well, some people bought Tekken 6 because they thought it would be similar to 5.

Not a lot people bought TTT2 because it is similar to Tekken 6, which has bound, wall combos, and wall bounds.

DEATH™

People are holding up for the Wii U version. Some are waiting for thanksgiving and price drop too...

Though the Marvel fanboys who thinks Marvel >>>>>>> all kinda hurts though...

DEATH™;43554999 said:

Is this really a prevalent mindset outside of FGC stream monsters though? I just don't expect any fighting game to do dynamo numbers at this point in the generation. It's not like any other games are selling all that hot right now. Tekken should do fine in the long run since it's one of the bigger IPs in fighting games.

Tizoc

Wait are they releasing the T1-3 endings as DLC? I saw a listing for TTT2 DLC on EU PSN blog. If so I'm def. gonna get them
next week if they're being sold as a bundle with T4-6's endings

Sayah

DEATH™;43554999 said:
People are holding up for the Wii U version. Some are waiting for thanksgiving and price drop too...

Marvel is super crazy fun and I love it a lot but I agree, that attitude is annoying as hell and I see it far too often.
I also cringe every time I see "It's Mahhhhhhhvel baaaby."

Did UMvC3 even sell any significant numbers? I think most people (myself included) didn't bother to buy Ultimate when we had already purchased the vanilla version 6 months prior. 12 new characters for $40 with Jill and Shuma still being paid DLC? No thanks Cashcom.

Fraeon

So I've been practicing Asuka for my Asuka/Lili team. Lili's tracking absolutely awful but I like her for how simple she is to use and I think Asuka's moveset kind of compensates for that. Haven't jumped online with her yet but been in practice mode and dicking around with her against the CPU.

I've a couple questions, though:

- Who is a good Asuka that I could be watching?
- What incentives do people have for ducking against her? Falling Rain maybe but the only other reason to duck seems to be her d4.
- I tend to get around 70s with moves like df2 and barely in the 90s with tag assault. Is this good or bad in TTT2 terms?
- When is it smart to use reversals? At the moment I've been playing Asuka like she's Lili with better way better tracking.

Nuklear

Banned
Marvel is super crazy fun and I love it a lot but I agree, that attitude is annoying as hell and I see it far too often.
I also cringe every time I see "It's Mahhhhhhhvel baaaby."

Did UMvC3 even sell any significant numbers? I think most people (myself included) didn't bother to buy Ultimate when we had already purchased the vanilla version 6 months prior. 12 new characters for $40 with Jill and Shuma still being paid DLC? No thanks Cashcom.

UMVC3 only sold 600k, iirc.

I love TTT2 but I think too complex is a better word than too hard. Learning one character in Tekken takes a lot of time and needing to learn two in Tag takes more time than what most casuals want to dedicate to a game.

Sayah

UMVC3 only sold 600k, iirc.

I love TTT2 but I think too complex is a better word than too hard. Learning one character in Tekken takes a lot of time and needing to learn two in Tag takes more time than what most casuals want to dedicate to a game.
I agree. I've been playing Nina for years and Anna for over a year and still think there's a LOT of room for improvement. But while it is complex and takes time (probably weeks if not months) to properly only have some sense of how to use a character, it's also very rewarding when you get at that point. And then once you learn the fundamentals, it becomes much easier to learn the other characters as well. It's a great and rewarding learning experience imo. Probably the best I've ever had in a video game.

So I've been practicing Asuka for my Asuka/Lili team. Lili's tracking absolutely awful but I like her for how simple she is to use and I think Asuka's moveset kind of compensates for that. Haven't jumped online with her yet but been in practice mode and dicking around with her against the CPU.

I've a couple questions, though:

- Who is a good Asuka that I could be watching?
- What incentives do people have for ducking against her? Falling Rain maybe but the only other reason to duck seems to be her d4.
- I tend to get around 70s with moves like df2 and barely in the 90s with tag assault. Is this good or bad in TTT2 terms?
- When is it smart to use reversals? At the moment I've been playing Asuka like she's Lili with better way better tracking.

I'm sure other people here can help you find good Asuka players to spectate since I can't (don't follow FGC scene very much). But you could always go to the leaderboards and search by rank for Asuka. Download the data for some of the top players and watch their matches. I'm sure that will help as well.

And 70 damage solo and 90 with tag assault is good.

Top Bottom