• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Skilletor

I guess, because I usually buy new, I don't get what the big deal is with online passes? the game comes out next week, why are we worried about the people buying it used?

shiroryu

14th can't come soon enough. Hope the preorder gets to me in time :prays

The only thing I regret about TTT2 is the absence of a Scenario Campaign or a Tekken Force Mode...I thought it had potential, if they'd only improved it instead of canning it, and not forcing people to go through it for money etc. Combot mode seems to be more of a tutorial.

question for Tekken-GAF: is there any real world fighting style you'd like to have in Tekken the series? After seeing El Fuerte and Mariposa, I wanted a luchador style in Tekken too, and Harada delivers! We even have a kunoichi back, that flipping is so Taki.

Doomshine

The only thing I regret about TTT2 is the absence of a Scenario Campaign or a Tekken Force Mode...I thought it had potential, if they'd only improved it instead of canning it, and not forcing people to go through it for money etc. Combot mode seems to be more of a tutorial.

Fight Lab is meant to be both for new and old players, it's supposedly the minigame for this game. If that's actually true I guess we'll have to see.

shiroryu

Fight Lab is meant to be both for new and old players, it's supposedly the minigame for this game. If that's actually true I guess we'll have to see.

I'm still looking forward to the crazy move combination Combots we can make through it. It's a shame we can't have android lookalike models - a Marduk with Lili's moves, hehe.

Sayah

Got sent this image which is apparently an e-mail sent out to retailers.

Cyber-police....? Hmmm

I think somebody intentionally fabricated this. I am doubting that any company would write a statement like this. As MarkMan said, I call BS. No company would threaten consumers like that. And the whole thing just sounds very silly.

There's also missing punctuation in the letter. And the letter is addressed to "fans and gamers." If the letter was e-mailed to retailers, why is it addressed with "fans and gamers?" And usually, the letter isn't signed "Sincerely, Namco Bandai." Usually, it's a representative from the company. And I would think even if they wanted to sign with Namco Bandai, they would list the full name which is "Namco Bandai Games." It just all seems very unprofessional and doesn't seem like something any company would do. I doubt Namco's PR would allow a letter like that to be e-mailed out like that.

My theory is that somebody intentionally made this to hurt TTT2 sales. There are way too many Tekken haters and it's way too pathetic.

Plus, with this high number of pirated copies, this is all just very depressing.

I had a missed call from Gamestop the other day; I wonder if they were breaking street date or just calling to remind me that TTT2 was dropping Tuesday...

Tizoc

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
cvMoD.jpg

Tizoc

Die.

So many people already playing this. Wikipedia says Australian release is the 10th. I know that's a damn lie, but I'll still be checking the store that day. :(

Game is installing atm, the 8GB is mandatory, but it's coo~
Hope u get it soon mate, keep lurking the shops almost daily.

SkylineRKR

Looks good but not sure if I'm going to fork over the extra 10 bucks for the WAT. Maybe for the OST.

I did pre order though, because in Holland you get Kuni, Ogre, the bikini's and snoop dogg stage for doing so. No way to get Angel and Michelle afaik.

Although all of the free DLC was uploaded onto the EU PSS for a brief moment, 2 days ago or so. Didn't manage to get it.

Skilletor

I remember being able to pick devil and kazuya and having the tag button transform, but I don't recall Kazuya having a devil form as a general move. Then again, the game was 12 years ago, so my memory isn't so clear. :)

Oh, no, I thought you meant something else. :)

My mistake.

KAOS

Picked it up yesterday forgot how much fun TTT is!
Why Jun Why... Welches!?! Kicked my butt and increased my losing percentage.

Esura

Banned
Either you never really wanted the game to begin with or you don't understand what an online pass is.

Or he just don't like online passes. I find the whole thing annoying to deal with honestly. Had I not paid off my preorder this would of surely changed the time when I got this game.

TheUnsane1

Neo Member
Everyone getting it early is making it harder and harder for me to resist driving 2 hrs each way to NYC to grab this.

It wouldn't be the first time I went out of my way for a Tekken release. I own a J PS2 console only because Tekken 4 came out 6 months early for Japan.

Esura

Banned
Do you buy games used? Otherwise online passes are painless.
All my games are new. Don't really buy new for the developer's sake though, mostly because I'm OCD about my game's condition and I like preorder bonuses and CEs. I got burned a few times on online passes too so I don't like dealing with them. Also because I think it's stupid in general.

If there was an online pass, there wouldn't be people playing the pirated version online right now.

So there isn't an online pass? Cool.

Seemed weird that they would start online passes.

Dereck

All my games are new. Don't really buy new for the developer's sake though, mostly because I'm OCD about my game's condition and I like preorder bonuses and CEs. I got burned a few times on online passes too so I don't like dealing with them. Also because I think it's stupid in general.
I think they are stupid too, although I haven't had any experience with online passes not working, or having problems like you've had.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Eh, I know it's all coming out for free later, but I think some of the people grabbing early copies might regret not getting all that pre-order stuff.

Moofers

So excited. I'm tempted to post a picture of myself with my Tekken tattoo and my LE Hybrid stick, but I'm afraid of becoming a meme. lol

Just a few days to go!

Esura

Banned
She has some of her old moves but for the most part she has a new move set.

Awww. Well I'm glad I get to play with her again still. Hopefully they'll bring her to a proper T7 with a story mode.

I think they are stupid too, although I haven't had any experience with online passes not working, or having problems like you've had.

Good. Cause spending hours talking to useless customer service people for another code that shouldn't be there anyways instead of playing the game you bought day one isn't something I wish on anyone.

alstein

I think somebody intentionally fabricated this. I am doubting that any company would write a statement like this. As MarkMan said, I call BS. No company would threaten consumers like that. And the whole thing just sounds very silly.

Plus, with this high number of pirated copies, this is all just very depressing.

The high number of pirated copies is due to the popularity of the game, and folks wanting to play it early. I think it's a good sign if anything.

question for Tekken-GAF: is there any real world fighting style you'd like to have in Tekken the series? After seeing El Fuerte and Mariposa, I wanted a luchador style in Tekken too, and Harada delivers! We even have a kunoichi back, that flipping is so Taki.
-Muay Boran (Tony Jaa style, baby)
-Escrima (Dan Inosanto twin batons) make him look like FilthieRich
-Taekkyeon
-Freestyle Wrestling with some Yagli Gures oil shenanigans. Since Capcom bit off of Bob with Rufus, I want my Tekken version of Hakan.

-Reanimate Jaycee's remaining kung fu moves to be lucha/puroresu moves with the same frame data/hit effects.
-More Shaolin technique for Feng.
-Greatly expand Lei's drunken moves to the point where he has a full drunken moveset and the full 5 animal moveset that each contain sub-stances.
-Split the capos based on their throws. Eddy gets Capoeira Regional and more acrobatic moves. Christie gets Capoeira Angola and more low to the ground moves, much slower ginga animation, and an expansion on her Brazilian Juijitsu techniques. Namco doesn't give a shit about Tiger, so I don't either.

Everyone getting it early is making it harder and harder for me to resist driving 2 hrs each way to NYC to grab this.

It wouldn't be the first time I went out of my way for a Tekken release. I own a J PS2 console only because Tekken 4 came out 6 months early for Japan.

^ same but my drive would be from san diego to la. Going to tough it out

Top Bottom