• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
d85a9270f7ee11e1a73522000a1e9ded_7.jpg

lol, some of my tracks on TEKKEN TUNES

GrayFoxPL

14th can't come soon enough. Hope the preorder gets to me in time :prays

The only thing I regret about TTT2 is the absence of a Scenario Campaign or a Tekken Force Mode...I thought it had potential, if they'd only improved it instead of canning it, and not forcing people to go through it for money etc. Combot mode seems to be more of a tutorial.

question for Tekken-GAF: is there any real world fighting style you'd like to have in Tekken the series? After seeing El Fuerte and Mariposa, I wanted a luchador style in Tekken too, and Harada delivers! We even have a kunoichi back, that flipping is so Taki.

ipMbeY6tO3OhQ.gif

Sayah

Possibly. Wonder how many suits Lili has? Can you customize bikinis?

They put her in a nighty in the picture I quoted, lol.

I think you can change the colors. One of the early copy people confirm this plz.

With Lili, I'll be using that fluffy skirt dress every time, lol.

Tizoc

Oh man I'm playing Fight Lab and outa nowhere
FLYING GANRYU!
All I got to say about this game is this, Harada-dono: EXCELLENT!
Also lol at the one-button special moves, I swear it's like they acknowledge the button mashing

Sayah

Oh man I'm playing Fight Lab and outa nowhere
FLYING GANRYU!
All I got to say about this game is this, Harada-dono: EXCELLENT!
Also lol at the one-button special moves, I swear it's like they acknowledge the button mashing

Trust me when I say button-mashing gets you nowhere in Tekken.

Having been listening to Tekken music throughout the week, I've been mentally putting each track to a designated ttt2 stage based on the theme of the stage it was written for, title of the track, and style of music. If they patch in the option to add multiple tracks per stage (you twitterers and people with Namco connections better have gotten to work...), I will actually make a list and publish it for anyone else who'd be interested.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
So the bikini's are just costume assesories and not an actual A B C costume?

Im gong to have to waste time saving every one into a slot.

Thx harada >:-(

Sayah

So the bikini's are just costume assesories and not an actual A B C costume?

Im gong to have to waste time saving every one into a slot.

Thx harada >:-(

There's not just one swimsuit per character. Jaycee has three, for example. Wouldn't make sense to have them all pre-added into slots.

You have 10 empty slots. Use them. :p

OH I know that, but that's how we've played this game for the past years and it worked pretty well for my bros so far =P

lol

Jamie OD

The only thing I regret about TTT2 is the absence of a Scenario Campaign or a Tekken Force Mode...I thought it had potential, if they'd only improved it instead of canning it, and not forcing people to go through it for money etc. Combot mode seems to be more of a tutorial.

No, no, no! I hated the Scenario Mode from Tekken 6 with a passion. It was so bad I never wanted to see that mode again.

SkylineRKR

14th can't come soon enough. Hope the preorder gets to me in time :prays

question for Tekken-GAF: is there any real world fighting style you'd like to have in Tekken the series? After seeing El Fuerte and Mariposa, I wanted a luchador style in Tekken too, and Harada delivers! We even have a kunoichi back, that flipping is so Taki.

Sort of agree although I'm satisfied with TTT2 as is.

I even enjoyed Scenario Campaign during its first few stages. But it kept dragging on for far too long and I quickly began to hate it. I applaud Namco for trying such things, implementing extras that go beyond the usual fighting modes. The error with T6 SC however was that it was being pushed up front far too much and it was too crucial of a mode. You had to play it for money, items, trophies.. etc. It also seemed to be there at the expense of a proper arcade mode with endings etc.

But a -well designed- 2 player Force mode would always be welcome for me. As long as they keep it kinda on the background, like the ones from 3 and 4. Tekken Bowl however... I'd pay for that.

zlatko

Banned
If there is one stage bgm that I'm changing, its going to be the Winter Palace stage.
And its going to be switched to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ADR4EPUTQ

The nostalgia I'm gonna get while playing. :`)

This is a dope beat.

Wish I had a lot of CD's or an ipod,etc to put the music onto my 360 HDD to make a cool sounding Tekken Tag 2, but sadly I'll just have to make due with what is offered stock. :(

I hope tournament organizers troll people for grand finals by changing the music to all the stages to Friday by Rebecca Black. xD

Hellix

I can't imagine using anything other than the default music. Well, the Snoop Stage is the only one I would change.

Edgeward

Is all the preorder dlc gonna be available later on for everyone? And I am not asking this specifically for the bikini bundle. Nope. No sir.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So it's confirmed there are 25 tracks that you can switch? And regarding those of you playing on xbox, I heard you can't import music VIA usb, it has to be on the hard drive. How would we go about adding music to the hard drive, it is only from ripping cds?

"What's up with characters' colours changing as they take damage? Rage generator?"

I think you might be noticing the characters falling into puddles of stuff/dust and getting their clothes mucked up in it.

shiroryu

-Muay Boran (Tony Jaa style, baby)
-Escrima (Dan Inosanto twin batons) make him look like FilthieRich
-Taekkyeon
-Freestyle Wrestling with some Yagli Gures oil shenanigans. Since Capcom bit off of Bob with Rufus, I want my Tekken version of Hakan.

-Reanimate Jaycee's remaining kung fu moves to be lucha/puroresu moves with the same frame data/hit effects.
-More Shaolin technique for Feng.
-Greatly expand Lei's drunken moves to the point where he has a full drunken moveset and the full 5 animal moveset that each contain sub-stances.
-Split the capos based on their throws. Eddy gets Capoeira Regional and more acrobatic moves. Christie gets Capoeira Angola and more low to the ground moves, much slower ginga animation, and an expansion on her Brazilian Juijitsu techniques. Namco doesn't give a shit about Tiger, so I don't either.

Escrima wouldn't fit in with Tekken's hand-to-hand ethic (though Alisa/Jack stretch that boundary) but yes to everything else. Particularly Jay Cee should have been pure lucha instead of having some kungfu mixed in.

I also think that we'd be better off with a dedicated drunken fist character like Shun Di or Brad Wong and let Lei keep the 5 animal moveset.

Sort of agree although I'm satisfied with TTT2 as is.

I even enjoyed Scenario Campaign during its first few stages. But it kept dragging on for far too long and I quickly began to hate it. I applaud Namco for trying such things, implementing extras that go beyond the usual fighting modes. The error with T6 SC however was that it was being pushed up front far too much and it was too crucial of a mode. You had to play it for money, items, trophies.. etc. It also seemed to be there at the expense of a proper arcade mode with endings etc.

But a -well designed- 2 player Force mode would always be welcome for me. As long as they keep it kinda on the background, like the ones from 3 and 4. Tekken Bowl however... I'd pay for that.

Yeah, if they'd kept SC as a side thing rather than push it front and center, it wouldn't have gotten the hate it did :) Never thought Tekken Bowl was fun myself, but hey if people like it...

KerryFigs

Neo Member
I can't imagine using anything other than the default music. Well, the Snoop Stage is the only one I would change.

Yeah I think majority of the BGM in TTT2 is pretty great but there is some that I'm not a fan of such as the Sadastic Xmas, Snoop's Stage, Festive Parade etc etc.

Wazzim

Banned
"What's up with characters' colours changing as they take damage? Rage generator?"

I think you might be noticing the characters falling into puddles of stuff/dust and getting their clothes mucked up in it.

I'm almost too afraid to ask this question but it has been bugging me forever: Why do you never quote posts? Too mainstream?

Managed to scrape up enough money to pre-order at Gamestop, I am hella excited to take a Tekken seriously again. Haven't really played since T5. Now someone please tell me that Asuka and Hwoarang have decent team synergy. :D

GrayFoxPL

Is that Bountiful sea? I love it. Good techno.

It's trumpets and then boopthoopa! boopthoopa! loop for minute then trumpets and boopthoopa!Weee! squeak for another minute then restart. If that's good techno I don't want to hear bad techno ever. My ears.

KerryFigs

Neo Member
It's trumpets and then boopthoopa! boopthoopa! loop for minute then trumpets and boopthoopa!Weee! squeak for another minute then restart. If that's good techno I don't want to hear bad techno ever. My ears.

Ahahaha, I chuckled at that explanation. Yeah I can understand how you feel about that.
But Snoop's stage is the one I want to change. Its not that I don't like it but its because there is so many better songs that represent that stage so well.

Jaw - Anarchy Reigns

This song goes hand and hand with the stage because its loud, boastful and just a gritty song.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Really looking forward to seeing all the special team win animations. Here's hoping Paul and Kazuya's is amazing.

Top Bottom