• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Im a huge fighter fan, street fighter mostly.
But ive never really liked 3d fighters. I hated soul caliber 5.

But this looks awesome, so a couple questions:
-will any of my skill transfer?
-is block a sperate button or just back?
-in sf x tk i played as kazuya quite a but, will he play similar?
-what characters would you recomend for a Ken player in TTT2?
-lastly, what can expect from this game?

I think most of your skill will transfer to movement and baiting and tricking.

Is the online pass tied to the psn account and not the ps3 itself?

there's an online pass?

tumblr_m9wmiwNz851r6r7t1.gif

No problem, I guess you're from another continent if you're going to sleep now. In that case the online matches would have sucked anyways :p

wait... what if you have 2 PS3s? Could you use it on the same account with a different ps3?

Yeah since it'll be available for download in the PSN store, but 2 is the maximum number of PS3s you'll be able to activate it on since Sony cut the number down from 5 last year to combat game-sharing.

Also...Tekken Tag 2 son, we in there! Usually loyal to Steve Fox but I'm liking the look of Miguel. I haven't played much Tekken since DR, but my boy tells me he's really fun to use.

SSJ-Luffy

Neo Member
What's wrong? I looked a few and it seems to be the same data, no?

I think the probem is that the frame data in the guide only list the fully executed Strings and that there are no frame data for the stuff like Leo's 1,2,1 [LP,RP,LP] or just a simple 3 [LK] or 2 [RP], which aren't in the official movelist ingame.
I think the Attack Range (High, Mid, Low) is probably also missing.

What's wrong? I looked a few and it seems to be the same data, no?

Frame data from inatekken has been somewhat inconsistent in the past and does tend to change from time to time. The Prima guide from what the image implies seems to include the exact same data when it would of been better If they were able to test out the moves themselves. (See SCV guide)

It also doesn't include frame data for 'incomplete' strings such as 1,2 | 1,2,1 | 1,2,1,2 | 1,2,1,4 for example that you see on Leo's page. They're all just listed as 10f for impact when that isn't exactly correct. The first jab in those jab strings is 10f but the following strikes in the string aren't all 10f initiation. (They're calling it impact here)

When I was putting in inatekken frame data for the TZ DVJ page I was trying to avoid this issue.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2/Devil_Jin_Frame_Data

how big is the mandatory install on PS3? cuz i keep running out of space on my system, can hardly download anymore demos without getting a 'not enough memory' reminder, and i don't even know where all the memory's gone ;_;

be sure to delete old game install data, large demos, movies and vidzone cache etc.

Anybody up for some T6? I have it on both 360 and PS3, im from EU

I know it's a bit late but if you're still interested in playing I would be too. I'm not particularly good butif you're just looking to practie before Tekken 6 i might be an adequete training dummy :p. I'll just be about twenty minutes and I'll be able to play (if you still want to).

noodalls

Frame data from inatekken has been somewhat inconsistent in the past and does tend to change from time to time. The Prima guide includes the same exact same data when it would of been better If they were able to test out the moves themselves. (See SCV guide)

I'm not sure that what we've got at the moment shows that the information was taken from inatekken, unless it's been stated previously that the information would come from there.

Just because the values are the same isn't meaningful, because they might have both come to the same (correct) conclusion.

What we need is something that's incorrect on inatekken, and then see what it is in the guide.

Nemesis_

Got sent this image which is apparently an e-mail sent out to retailers.

Cyber-police....? Hmmm

The letter seems to have a go at the consumers. Which doesn't really seem right - at the base of it it seems that whoever sold it is at fault, not the person who bought it.

THOUGH are they using subtext to imply piracy?

noodalls

We want every fan to get the same experience simultaneously, but Americans first, then Japanese, and Europeans last.

I'm not sure that what we've got at the moment shows that the information was taken from inatekken, unless it's been stated previously that the information would come from there.

Fair enough, I've edited my post to look more less.... 'jumping the gun' :)p) but to be honest after asking Aris about it... Yeah I kinda don't have much faith in this. :(

Nemesis_

We want every fan to get the same experience simultaneously, but Americans first, then Japanese, and Europeans last.

I mean, I understand logistically it might not be possible, but at least ship them at the same time and set a later date for all of it if they really believe that.

DSix

Banned
Wtf is this shit? Getting menacing toward customers?!
It's just a release date, why are they so butt-hurt about it?

Does this mean I have to avoid playing if I get it Monday? (I'm euro) :/

alstein

I mean, I understand logistically it might not be possible, but at least ship them at the same time and set a later date for all of it if they really believe that.

Consumers don't care about release dates- they do nothing for us.

Harada may be doing awesome stuff,but Namco is still Namco when Harada isn't around.

If you didn't pirate it, there's nothing Namco can do to you if you play it early.

To be fair they are all releasing within the same week, the staggering just seems to be a result of different regions having different standard release days.

Pachimari

That letter doesn't seem right, surely a company of the magnitude of Namco Bandai would not have worded it that way.

Consumers who get a copy early have every right to play it right now, stop with the needless scare-stuff. One is just dumb if waiting for release day.

web01

I thought they were doing everything right with this game then I find out it has an online pass. What a joke.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I thought they were doing everything right with this game then I find out it has an online pass. What a joke.

Seems kind of petty to call it a 'joke' when the package has this much in it, is clearly worth the money, etc.

The whole new wave of online pass hatred is questionable considering one-shot license passes have been standard in stuff like PC gaming for years, including for retail products. Not just digital distribution.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

But what are you losing if you buy the game new? Nothing and if you share account with a friend he can still get the Online Code to play if you let him borrow it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Why is this a problem? Were you going to wait to buy it for the super-low used priced of $54.99 from Gamestop?

Top Bottom