• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Jubs

I don't think i'll ever get throw breaking down. For me, the throws come out too fast to see which hand is extending out. I always just end up mashing buttons, hoping it registers. 1+2 throws are especially difficult. On 2p side, a 1+2 looks like a 2 throw to me, and on 1p side a 1+2 looks like a 2 throw.

CSX

I don't think i'll ever get throw breaking down. For me, the throws come out too fast to see which hand is extending out. I always just end up mashing buttons, hoping it registers. 1+2 throws are especially difficult. On 2p side, a 1+2 looks like a 2 throw to me, and on 1p side a 1+2 looks like a 2 throw.

just being able to press a punch button on time makes you better than 90% of tekken players out there :p

It's hard for me to see as well. I'm just usually guessing on a 1 or 2 break. I can see the 1+2 throws better. I think it's mostly feel for me.

In Soul Calibur, there is not different animation start up for the hands for the A and B throws. I learned it's a feel thing from there, are they going for a ring out, change positions, and tendencies. I used to play my friends raf all the time back in the day. I could tell the throw from the animation start up of the throw.

But like CSX said, it's about hitting at least 1 or 2 on reaction to the throw, even if you don't get the break. I've seen people not even be able to press 1 or 2 at all on reaction to throws.

I get caught sometimes off guard and am late on pressing anything.

Dereck

pshh boutdown stealing my miguel juggle

anyways, the problem about using uf3 is that you gotta do it fast and you cant be off axis. Otherwise, the df41 after it is gonna whiff
Did you notice that savage stance b1,2 can no longer lead into ANY kind of combo? Kind of useless for a sweep attack that has no follow up.

Jubs

I get caught sometimes off guard and am late on pressing anything.

I get that way too sometimes, especially when i'm fighting against someone applying alot of pressured poking mixups. I'm so focused on holding back and looking for an opening that the last thing i'm expecting is a throw, and when it comes i'm slow to react.

Dereck

I get that way too sometimes, especially when i'm fighting against someone applying alot of pressured poking mixups. I'm so focused on holding back and looking for an opening that the last thing i'm expecting is a throw, and when it comes i'm slow to react.
Bullshit for the player, awesome for the opponent.

"I just blocked your mid, mid, high, low string, time to attack, oh wait, I just got grabbed."

The only throws I've broken mid-match are when I'm about to press a button and it happens to counter a throw. :( Sometimes I can see the arms but I'm always too late. Practice mode is no problem though, naturally.

DEATH™

What you want to do is just recognize in your mind the arms first. Try doing practice mode with generic throws then go far away. Try to recognize the throw, press the appropriate button while yelling 1 or 2. Don't get close yet until you can always say which is one break or two break and you're pressing the right buttons.

Remember, you can't break them all. (King is good for a reason >:D ). When you get thrown, don't let it go on your head. (Trust me, that's what I'm always working on right now).

I think Tekken should slightly increase the escape window on all throws.

No sir please... I love my GS.

TBH, it seems like the window is tight until you visually train for them... Throws are fine...

I find throw breaking to be of more use when you play with a familiar foe whose tendencies are transparent. Certain familiars like to punish with throws etc. When fighting a rival, I find throw breaks to be very useful.

Degen

I tried out Ancient Ogre today. Excellent variety of launchers but completely dissatisfied with his bound moves.
have you tried Ogre? He might be more my type of character, but he's one of the most entertaining to use either way IMO

Sayah

have you tried Ogre? He might be more my type of character, but he's one of the most entertaining to use either way IMO

I haven't used him in vs. battle but I paired him with Jinpachi in Practice and it went pretty well. Will test him out the next time we have a lobby going.

Mmm, I only planned on playing an hour or two last night, but I got one of those neverending Lucky Box streaks, ended up playing til like 4am. Lost a lot of games. :( I got a lot of flaws to my game but the one thing that bugs me the most is escaping jab pressure/mixups up close. I get pinned down and scared to move, or too impatient and eventually CH to death.

And Alisa is really fucking annoying online.

Sayah

Mmm, I only planned on playing an hour or two last night, but I got one of those neverending Lucky Box streaks, ended up playing til like 4am. Lost a lot of games. :( I got a lot of flaws to my game but the one thing that bugs me the most is escaping jab pressure/mixups up close. I get pinned down and scared to move, or too impatient and eventually CH to death.

And Alisa is really fucking annoying online.

Which characters do you use?
When you're getting jab pressure, you should do the following depending on the situation:

1. d+1
2. A fast high-move. Example: Nina's u/f+3. Anna's u+3.
3. Or a move that shifts your angle/position. Example: Nina's b+1 (this move is so brilliant against people that like to do jab pressure. Especially fitted for Steve players).

As far as Alisa, watch this. A lot of Alisa's stuff can be ducked and punished.

GrayFoxPL

I'm toying with decals. There's hundreds of them, jeez!

Now my Lee is sporting Tekken 2 and a girl on front of his white pants, and scorpion with Galaga ship on the ass.

Awesum.

CSX

Somebody is telling me both King and Armor King are getting nerfed in a patch. Is this true?! I hope not.

This is just your friend pissed at you kicking his ass over and over again lol...

If there was news of a patch, we would probably hear it from Wonkey first

Which characters do you use?
When you're getting jab pressure, you should do the following depending on the situation:

1. d+1
2. A fast high-move. Example: Nina's u/f+3. Anna's u+3.
3. Or a move that shifts your angle/position. Example: Nina's b+1 (this move is so brilliant against people that like to do jab pressure. Especially fitted for Steve players).

As far as Alisa, watch this. A lot of Alisa's stuff can be ducked and punished.

Thanks for this, I use Dragunov and Miguel with a side of Armor King. After spending the whole summer playing VF, how could I possibly forget the Tekken equivalent to 2p!?

I finally found a costume for Asuka:

PA260012.jpg

PA260015.jpg

I don't know why I didn't think of giving anyone my namesake as a costume before. Hah.

Ulala Lili and K' Asuka. The ultimate team? Perhaps!
Too bad I don't play well enough to be "ultimate"...oh, well. Haha.

Oh, and about those drawings I mentioned before...I haven't started those yet. Sorry, CcrooK and Sayah. :(

I'll get to them soon, I guess...but, give me ideas on what they should be doing? I can't think of anything to do with them yet. :(

DEATH™

GGs to Sayah!

As usual I got swept... but I have new goals to practice...

Like reacting to lows (I'm so free with even that slow low that I can see a mile away)
Reacting right
Doing right punishes
NOT DROPPING COMBOS...

I'm getting there...

Sayah

^^^^
GG's man.

I finally found a costume for Asuka:

I don't know why I didn't think of giving anyone my namesake as a costume before. Hah.

Ulala Lili and K' Asuka. The ultimate team? Perhaps!
Too bad I don't play well enough to be "ultimate"...oh, well. Haha.

Oh, and about those drawings I mentioned before...I haven't started those yet. Sorry, CcrooK and Sayah. :(

I'll get to them soon, I guess...but, give me ideas on what they should be doing? I can't think of anything to do with them yet. :(

Nice costume.

And don't worry about the art. Just do it whenever you have free time. Also, Anna with a bazooka. Always very attractive. :p

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

ironbearxl

Neo Member
Well, I decided to give the game an extra week before I sold it. Beat the Combot mode and got some free trophies.

I still think the bounce system is dull and poorly implemented. Every single Disciple/Master level game I'd watched had boiled down to:

1. Launch or Knockdown
2. 9 or 10 hit tag juggle
3. Repeat

On another note, the Dualshock 3 seemed fairly unresponsive in online mode, not sure what was going on with that.

Sayah

Well, I decided to give the game an extra week before I sold it. Beat the Combot mode and got some free trophies.

I still think the bounce system is dull and poorly implemented. Every single Disciple/Master level game I'd watched had boiled down to:

1. Launch or Knockdown
3. Repeat

On another note, the Dualshock 3 seemed fairly unresponsive in online mode, not sure what was going on with that.

Selling Tekken is a gaming sin.

Korea eat your heart out! lol

If there was news of a patch, we would probably hear it from Wonkey first

Apparently there is a Patch 1.03 that's out in someplaces but no word on Jaguar nerf beat downs.

Just an addition of 2+ Dan settings and that stupid Claw Crane item move that P Jack has got it's damage reduced.

I would have kept TTT2 if it was a Tekken game.

Ahahhaha. I eagerly await your definition of a Tekken game. :p

Dereck

Finally got demoted. I ain't even mad though, because I had the opportunity to rank up twice and lost both times, it was to be expected.

DEATH™;43678461 said:
GGs to Sayah!

As usual I got swept... but I have new goals to practice...

Like reacting to lows (I'm so free with even that slow low that I can see a mile away)
Reacting right
Doing right punishes
NOT DROPPING COMBOS...

I'm getting there...

I wish he could have played.

LowParry

Muhn! Sorry I'm not home. The wife is playing on my account because my characters are cooler or something. I dunno. Haha! Gone for the weekend!

LowParry

1. Launch or Knockdown
3. Repeat

getoutp.gif

Nope. Actually my friends just left, so I'm free to play.

I downloaded Tekken 4, Tag, 5 and 6's soundtracks. I've only heard most of 6's soundtrack so I've just been listening to see if there are any stage themes I should replace...

CSX

dont backroll so much against lili and sebastien boutdown!!!

and yeah...just randomly tuned in to rip's stream xD

Top Bottom