• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Dereck

Rip is a blast to play against, dude is so silly. He said I was Fernando in training, had no idea what he was talking about until I went to the beginning and watched DsSGame.

LowParry

Your Miguel is fun to watch, boutdown.

Rip is such a troll. :lol

The cakes. When he's all "Oh num-num-num", I feel like I'm getting trolled. Haha! Rip needs a GAF account here. He'd fit in nicely.

Edit: late edit but I think I've given into a Williams sister. I need some technology Sayah on Anna. I used to play her a lot back in T5 so I her her basics. Gonna try and team her with Drag. If not, one of my other characters.

Sayah

Hey crook, I'm just gonna copy/paste my old post on Anna. lol
This is basic stuff you might already know about but hopefully it helps.
Now, with Anna:

From the d+4,1 or u/f+4,3,4 cancels, there's isn't much as I already said. Pretty much, you can:

1. Do 2 (low move)
2. Do 1+2 (launcher)
3. Do 3 (bound move - not very useful when doing mixups).

So pretty much, stick with the first two during Anna's SS cancels and mix them up.

Now, the Judgment stance with Anna.
Judgment stance is b+3. But all of the below moves can also be cancelled into the Judgment stance:

1. d/f+1,2,3
2. f+3,2
3. d/f+4,1
4. f,f+3,4,3
5. WS 3

From the Judgment stance, you have many options to keep your opponent guessing as to what you'll do next. You can do:

1. 2,1 (mostly safe to use and is good with overriding any moves your opponent might be planning to punish you with).
2. 1 (if it hits, follow up with f+2+3)
3. u/f+4 (launcher - excellent for crushing lows)
4. d+3,3 (low move - use often - mix up with other moves)
5. 4 (low move - used sometimes but d+3,3 is better)
6. f+2+3 (looooooove this move)

Note: All of Anna's QCF moves can be done during the Judgment stance. But during judgment, you can press d/f instead of qcf to do them. Moves include:

6. d/f+1
7. d/f+2,1
8. d/f+4
9. d/f+3,2

10. You can also parry from the Judgment stance. I've done it by accident a few times but I don't actually even know the inputs for how to do it. Will have to research this further and I don't think it's listed on Anna's command list.

So with both Nina/Anna, use the cancels and the mixups to create pressure and confuse the opponent. You also don't want to always "cancel" or mixup. Sometimes, it's better to just do the whole chain/move without doing any sort of cancelling/sidestepping.

Of course, all the juggles/combos and the rest of the huge command lists of the William sisters require their own exploring. There's so much you can do and there's different ways of playing both of them so it's also up to your playstyle/preference. I come across many different Anna/Nina players and they all sort of have their own unique ways of creating pressure.

I hope that helps.

Edit: Oh, and I also figured out what that parry in judgment stance is. Anna automatically parries any and all grabs while in judgment stance
Edit 2: I tried Anna and Dragunov together some time before and I didn't find them to mesh well together particularly. But then again, I hardly know much about Dragunov so you can probably do a better job at creating an Anna/Dragunov team.

Sayah

boutdown has gotten much better. GGs man. Really excellent sidestepping.

The grudge match slated for tomorrow. Hopefully no power outage or net being down for me.

Hurricane sandy might get in the way, hahaha.
hopefully not..

CSX

one day boutdown, we shall our 3-4 bar connection matches once again. I swear it!!!

i do like your wall pressure with miguel. jabbing crazy just like Fab lol

Im pretty sure you got the better mig/law team now :)

LowParry

I'm starting to see where people lock up and just stare at Anna while she dominates now. Man she's got a ton of option. Been trying different pairs with her. From Xiaoyu/Miharu, Hwoar, Drag and Paul. She fits for sure as a point character. Still got a lot to learn with her and working around with Drag still.

A shame with Jaycee/Michelle. I just can't grasp the idea of her combos with the d, d/f 1~4. Moving to Anna though has payed off. Leo I got on the backburner though.

Degen

The hurricane is supposed to hit the hardest on Monday night around here, so if I don't make it online for the match then that's what stopped me

speaking of wreckage, you guys should see my new Ogre/Jack-6 Youtube Combo. It's so dirty that it could only have come from Youtube

AAK

I'm really a fraud at this game... My scrub tactics will probably make me forever stuck at Fighter rank.

BTW MarkMan, Did you watch EWGFridays last week? Did you see that guy from Saudi Arabia playing Double Kings? I think he went with the name Kyle or something like that. Did you ever play that guy before? Aparently he's currently living in San Diego. Man that guy was amazing. Have you played him at all?

And you guys should know, you need to HUMILIATE the opponent in a grudge match. I want to see people land an unblockable, I want to see point blank ki charges, I want to see people winning rounds with u/f,n,1! Make them CRY!!

DEATH™

And you guys should know, you need to HUMILIATE the opponent in a grudge match. I want to see people land an unblockable, I want to see point blank ki charges, I want to see people winning rounds with u/f,n,1! Make them CRY!!

It's not exactly a grudge match but I hit sayah with King's BT unblockable once... Didn't matter anyway... It's not Nina/Anna and I still constantly choke and cynnik'd my way to a loss...

Sayah

The hurricane is supposed to hit the hardest on Monday night around here, so if I don't make it online for the match then that's what stopped me

speaking of wreckage, you guys should see my new Ogre/Jack-6 Youtube Combo. It's so dirty that it could only have come from Youtube

You can show the combo in your grudge match.

Yay! That was great, thanks Sayah.

No prob. :)

I'm starting to see where people lock up and just stare at Anna while she dominates now. Man she's got a ton of option. Been trying different pairs with her. From Xiaoyu/Miharu, Hwoar, Drag and Paul. She fits for sure as a point character. Still got a lot to learn with her and working around with Drag still.

A shame with Jaycee/Michelle. I just can't grasp the idea of her combos with the d, d/f 1~4. Moving to Anna though has payed off. Leo I got on the backburner though.

On the surface, Anna seems meh to play. But once you keep playing her, you discover a whole new world of possibilities.

And I'm not exactly sure what you're referencing by d,d/f 1~4.

AAK

Oooooh. I used to have trouble doing that and it's part of the reason I didn't use Julia for a while. And then, I just happened to have learned it. Not sure what changed.

That's me with everything. I could never do Hworang's JFSR's.

Then one day I go up on Practice mode and land around 9 in a row, I'm like... "What is this???"

Sayah

That's me with everything. I could never do Hworang's JFSR's.

Then one day I go up on Practice mode and land around 9 in a row, I'm like... "What is this???"

Yeah, same thing happened to me with his sky rocket, lol.
And just spent some time with Hwoarang in practice. Didn't know he could bound off of snap kick. Very happy with this.

DEATH™;43722656 said:

hahahahahaha. Excellent!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. You guys in Jersey have it worse than me because of obvious reasons. Irene was bad but not that bad. Problem with Sandy is, it's supposed to linger for days. Continuous hard rain, snow and sleet combined with 40-70mph winds can do things.

DEATH™

All of you guys in the East coast, take care of yourselves please...

Or you can always move back here in the West Coast... (well, not really best, but it's good...)

But seriously, stay safe...

Sayah

Wow, man. Hope you're somewhere safe Sayah! Just looking at the storm now it's beyond anything I expected. Stay safe brother :(

Definitely my favorite Combo video maker.

Thanks man. Really strong winds and rain but it still seems okay here so far. It's supposedly gonna get worse at night, though.

Oh damn, best Heihachi sketches were put up recently.

http://simonbisleyart.com/2012/10/heihachi-wins-again/

h6.jpg
h5.jpg

h4.jpg
h3.jpg

h2.jpg
h1.jpg

Fraeon

Hadn't given Raven a chance and I'm surprised how much I'm liking him. His combos are a bit annoying but that ff3 knee is just so cool.

And man, thought I'd get one of those MLG pads for my 360 just for the PS3 style d-pad and I'm really disappointed. Not does the d-pad's directions not feel separate, my d-pad seems to hit up every other time I hit left on the controller meaning I get uf moves or worse, jumps when trying to crouchdash.

http://wtf.tekken.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6516

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 - ver1.03 Update Notes
If you've recently signed on for TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 for either PS3 or XBOX360 you will notice that your current version will be updated to version 1.03 ! See below for some of the details and notes:

RANKED MATCH UPDATES
Search condition changes in "RANKED MATCH"
-Removed "RANK: ±5 only" from the search conditions and added "RANK: ±2 only".
-When "prioritize RANK±3", "RANK: ±2 only", and "RANK: ±3 only" is chosen, the matching will be done so that players close to your Dan Rank will show up.

PLAYER MATCH
When a player sets up a "limit on continuous wins" within a session of "PLAYER MATCH", the order of matches has been changed so the player that won up to the limit will become last.

WORLD ARENA UPDATE
When a player enters the lobby of "WORLD ARENA", the next timing of "TOURNAMENT" will show up (when it's during a "TOURNAMENT" this will not be shown).

When the player is asked for a free match in "WORLD ARENA", or when the player finds an opponent in the "RANDOM MATCH ZONE", a new sound will ring to notify players.

Matches in "RANDOM MATCH ZONE", players can view text chat (they cannot chat themselves, but can view the chat going on".

Added in the number of downloads when downloading replay data from "TEKKEN CHANNEL" and "LEADERBOARDS".

In-Game/Other Changes

Adjusted so that players can perform throw escape from TAG throws that can be performed in particular by Alisa and Jack6.

-Adjusted the spec of Alisa's Hertz Blade Aegis when it's used as an aerial combo.
(Infinite Combos against Kuma or Panda will no longer hit)

-Adjusted amount of damage when the player hits the wall caused by P. Jack's customize item "Claw Crane".

-Adjusted Sebastians's "Shattered Crown" when performed in TAG ASSAULT. Bounce properties will no longer lift the opponent up on bound hits.

Fraeon

Depending on timing, could be very problematic for pad players. I see this as being much easier for people on stick. We'll see.

I'm not really sure why you'd want to do a ki charged universal bounder outside of combovideos so how easy it is actually a non-issue.

Dariso

Neo Member
I think TTT2 has made me a fan despite a lot reviews saying it was mostly for the hardcore tekken crowd. I mainly decided to purchase it to
support harada dlc policies and obviously because i like fighting games, even though i had never played a tekken game before.
Coming from V5FS, the change was tough, but those ghost battles got damn addicting. Still haven't played online though lol.

Sorry if this will sound like heresy to long time fans here, but i wonder if there had been a way to implement the tag crash
as a combo breaker. I don't know ,maybe by having a "tag breaker" bar, so you can only used it once or twice at most per round, but as a noob here playing
on ultra hard, a single mistake can cost you a lot.

Sayah

I think TTT2 has made me a fan despite a lot reviews saying it was mostly for the hardcore tekken crowd. I mainly decided to purchase it to
support harada dlc policies and obviously because i like fighting games, even though i had never played a tekken game before.
Coming from V5FS, the change was tough, but those ghost battles got damn addicting. Still haven't played online though lol.

Sorry if this will sound like heresy to long time fans here, but i wonder if there had been a way to implement the tag crash
as a combo breaker. I don't know ,maybe by having a "tag breaker" bar, so you can only used it once or twice at most per round, but as a noob here playing
on ultra hard, a single mistake can cost you a lot.
That's b/c most reviews are bs.
GTAIV as the highest rated game from this gen? lol

And I don't know about "tag breaker" bar. Tekken never really had bars. TKXSF might, though.

Degen

I'll be home by 10:30pm (Best Time Zone) but give me a minute to spam juggles in practice mode that never work in real matches

LowParry

I need some advice.. Steve/Miguel..or kaz/Miguel?

I say both. Never hurts to learn a few extra characters. That gives you a Steve/Mig/Kaz combo of choices right there. Out of the three though, Steve is probably the hardest to learn so if you get frustrated, fall back on Kaz/Mig.

Top Bottom