• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

MrMephistoX

Happy this came out discounted on PSN but having a weird issue where I'm told I don't have enough system space despite 34GB on my HDD.

I don't think so, but here's a list of all the characters I've seen so far in their Nintendo outfits.

Mario: Bob, Eddy, Heihachi, Jack-6, Kuma, Paul
Luigi: Marshall, Prototype Jack, Wang
Princess Peach: Christie, JayCee, Lili, Panda, Xiaoyu
Toad: Jinpachi, Tiger
Bowser: Alex, Ganryu, Ogre, Roger Jr.
Link: Kazuya, Lars, Yoshimitsu
Princess Zelda: Alisa, Angel, Asuka, Jun, Nina
Sheik: Leo
Ganondorf: Armor King, Devil Jin
Captain Falcon: Bryan, Craig, Marduk, Raven
Zero Suit Samus: Anna, Kunimitsu, Zafina
Fox McCloud: Dr. Boskonovitch, Hwoarang, Steve

I haven't seen the Nintendo costumes yet for the following characters: Ancient Ogre, Baek, Combot, Dragunov, Feng, Forest, Jin, King, Lee, Lei, Michelle, Miguel, Miharu, Mokujin, Sebastian, Slim Bob, Unknown*, Violet

If anyone can help complete the list, that would be great.

Thanks for the info. Angel and Jun in Zelda outfits will have to do once I get a WiiU.

CPS2

Kunimitsu is sick, so many launchers and bounds, very easy to find combos for. And i like that you can just hold forward to do her f+4,f stance, there's a whole lot of combos with her where you can pretty much just hold forward and press buttons.

I don't think so, but here's a list of all the characters I've seen so far in their Nintendo outfits.

Luigi: Marshall, Prototype Jack, Slim Bob, Wang
Toad: Jinpachi, Tiger
Bowser: Alex, Ganryu, Ogre, Roger Jr.
Link: Kazuya, Lars, Yoshimitsu
Sheik: Leo
Ganondorf: Armor King, Devil Jin
Zero Suit Samus: Anna, Kunimitsu, Zafina
Fox McCloud: Dr. Boskonovitch, Hwoarang, Steve

I haven't seen the Nintendo costumes yet for the following characters: Ancient Ogre, Baek, Combot, Dragunov, Feng, Forest, Jin, King, Lee, Lei, Michelle, Miguel, Miharu, Mokujin, Sebastian, Unknown*, Violet

Updated with Slim Bob. (Luigi)

If anyone that actually has the game can help complete the list, that would be awesome.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
How are you guys enjoying the Wii U version?

Did you guys WTF at the TEKKEN Ball stage music yet? lol.

How do you get better with a character?

I play w nina and trying anna (I'm basically new to TTT2, last played T3)

Solo combo - I find a juggle, throw a few punches, bind, add one or two more hits
Tag - same thing, except with a juggle+tag
Tag Assault - Juggle, few combo's, bind+tag assault, one hit w assist, end combo -_-

So you can see my pattern, I feel like I'm at my plateau. I've been in practice mode messing w other moves and I (can't seem/don't know how) to improve.

Overall, my skill level is beginner level (meaning, I lack character foundation) and my skills with other characters lacks.

How do/could I improve? Am I at the point where I need to starting playing online (bc I still haven't)?

So, my question to you all: How do you get better with a character?

Sayah

How do you get better with a character?

I play w nina and trying anna (I'm basically new to TTT2, last played T3)

Solo combo - I find a juggle, throw a few punches, bind, add one or two more hits
Tag - same thing, except with a juggle+tag
Tag Assault - Juggle, few combo's, bind+tag assault, one hit w assist, end combo -_-

So you can see my pattern, I feel like I'm at my plateau. I've been in practice mode messing w other moves and I (can't seem/don't know how) to improve.

Overall, my skill level is beginner level (meaning, I lack character foundation) and my skills with other characters lacks.

How do/could I improve? Am I at the point where I need to starting playing online (bc I still haven't)?

So, my question to you all: How do you get better with a character?

If you're learning Nina/Anna, I can help. We already have each other on PSN right? Nina/Anna have so much juggle and mixup potential. Let's do some practice some time.

Shtof

Does this look better than the Ps3 version? Is it native 1080p?

I don't know, but seeing as most multiplatform games struggle on the Wii U at 720p we can probably say that it's not running at native 1080p. Btw, no retail games on the Wii U runs at 1080p as far as I know.

Just a quick question from someone who hasn't played Tekken since 5. I'm definitely picking up the Wii U version, but does anyone know if it has all the endings from the previous Tekkens (like I believe the other versions do). I would love to watch those again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just a quick question from someone who hasn't played Tekken since 5. I'm definitely picking up the Wii U version, but does anyone know if it has all the endings from the previous Tekkens (like I believe the other versions do). I would love to watch those again.

...for a price, you can. They're all for sale on the marketplace/psn/etc. Unsure about specifics for the Wii U version though.

Sayah

Yeah, all the past music and all the past endings are there but they are the only things that are paid DLC in this game. But the prices are good.

AAK

So what makes Violet different from Lee? Any new moves?

Missed this question. Violet has a much different Cossack Kick (Great Range, though launch punishable), he has a different Sway Back 4 Low moove, and of course he has the infamous Tekken 4 double justframe Acid Rain that is a tag bufferable launcher like Lars's arc blast (but not as good, 16 frame punisher I believe). And I think his u/f+3+4 is different too, could be wrong.

But damn, clone characters are REALLY owning me in this game when I play ranked.

AAK

A friend of mine (Ice_Beam) accidently discovered this, not sure if it's known.
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/danranks/ps3/flyingwonkey

I just cannot get the access to this particular site by normal means...
It's quite buggy now, but it surely looks nice...

Damn, that's pretty boss..

Also, I was skimming through the leaderboards and......

Sayah's Nina is the 180th highest ranked fighter for PSN in North/South America! He's actually in the top 200!

Now you just have to show it off to the world at a Big2 or The Break one of these days ;)

I was hoping to give the zero suit costume to Nina, but i can't sadly. But the game is great. Can you change songs in each level in the Wii U version?

Cool on the WiiU too! Is there a fightstick that works on that?

EDIT:
Oh yeahhhh the TvC stick!! Totally forgot about I had one! Hmmm, now just to get it from a friend a couple states away lawll.

Updated Nintendo costume list...

Luigi: Marshall, Miguel, Prototype Jack, Sebastian, Slim Bob, Wang
Toad: Feng, Jinpachi, Lei, Tiger
Bowser: Alex, Ganryu, Mokujin, Ogre, Roger Jr.
Link: Jin, Kazuya, Lars, Yoshimitsu
Sheik: Forest, Leo, Miharu
Ganondorf: Ancient Ogre, Armor King, Combot, Devil Jin, Dragunov
Zero Suit Samus: Anna, Kunimitsu, Unknown, Zafina
Fox McCloud: Baek, Dr. Boskonovitch, Hwoarang, Lee, Steve

I haven't seen the Nintendo costumes yet for the following characters: King, Michelle, Violet

(I can't believe they didn't give Miguel the Captain Falcon costume. That would of been perfect. :/)

so would you say game is a must buy for even a kind of tepid fighting games' player like me?

Well, that depends on what you want really. If you just wanna play it casually with friends, it's a great game for that. Plenty of characters in the game are easy enough to pick up and find something cheap to troll with. :) If you want hours and hours of rich single player content, this game really isn't that, save for endless Ghost Battles and a fairly robust customization system (tons of stuff to unlock). If you want to grind it out online, prepare to do a lot of practicing and learning and losing, there's no way around that. This game is super deep with a ton of characters that have a ton of gimmicks you need to know how to deal with. The netcode is the best in the business, so no worries on that front.

All in all, it's one of the best fighters this gen, just try not to get overwhelmed.

genjiZERO

Got to say this I'm really glad I got this game. I hadn't played Tekken since 4 and wasn't sure about getting back into it, but it's been loads of fun. It feel much more balanced than some of the earlier iterations. My only complaint is that the costume designs are really stupid this time - especially the secondary ones, and that the customisation is a little too awkward. I think it would be bad arse if they'd bring in the older models as DLC.

DEATH™

Sayah's Nina is the 180th highest ranked fighter for PSN in North/South America! He's actually in the top 200!

Now you just have to show it off to the world at a Big2 or The Break one of these days ;)

Word, Truth, Agreed...

Sayah

I was hoping to give the zero suit costume to Nina, but i can't sadly. But the game is great. Can you change songs in each level in the Wii U version?

Yes, you should be able to change the background music for each stage plus the menus from Tekken Tunes. You need to have the music saved/uploaded on your Wii U first as MP3 files or something I suppose and then when you go into the Tekken Tunes options in the actual game, you should have the music there. Really a great feature since you can pretty much change the background music to anything you want.

Wow. I didn't know that. lol.
Should play more ranked matches and get myself up there. And thankfully Namco got rid of a lot of those boosters cheating their way up the ranks.

Updated Nintendo costume list...

Luigi: Marshall, Miguel, Prototype Jack, Sebastian, Slim Bob, Wang
Toad: Feng, Jinpachi, Lei, Tiger
Bowser: Alex, Ganryu, Mokujin, Ogre, Roger Jr.
Link: Jin, Kazuya, Lars, Yoshimitsu
Sheik: Forest, Leo, Miharu
Ganondorf: Ancient Ogre, Armor King, Combot, Devil Jin, Dragunov
Zero Suit Samus: Anna, Kunimitsu, Unknown, Zafina
Fox McCloud: Baek, Dr. Boskonovitch, Hwoarang, Lee, Steve

I haven't seen the Nintendo costumes yet for the following characters: King, Michelle, Violet

(I can't believe they didn't give Miguel the Captain Falcon costume. That would of been perfect. :/)
Thanks for doing this Gunloc. Really appreciate it.

A friend of mine (Ice_Beam) accidently discovered this, not sure if it's known.
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/danranks/ps3/flyingwonkey

Sounds like your friend accidently wondered into my player card lol.

Speaking of which is anyone else having the game spit out 'communication errors' several times online? Gets really annoying along with all the random sign outs PSN seems to be doing.

Did you guys WTF at the TEKKEN Ball stage music yet? lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/341162921?t=2h45m

What in the world.... Ahahahha this is great.

AAK

Kane is streaming again, this time playing his main Lili/Angel Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/hellomrbrahms

Wow. I didn't know that. lol.
Should play more ranked matches and get myself up there. And thankfully Namco got rid of a lot of those boosters cheating their way up the ranks.

Man, you and your bro should seriously decide to make the trip to Next level one Wednesday and play some of the Tekken vets there. It sure changed me as a player when fighting someone with masterful skill face to face without the milliseconds of online lag in between us. I learned so much about what was wrong with my playstyle and what to improve on.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Well, that depends on what you want really. If you just wanna play it casually with friends, it's a great game for that. Plenty of characters in the game are easy enough to pick up and find something cheap to troll with. :) If you want hours and hours of rich single player content, this game really isn't that, save for endless Ghost Battles and a fairly robust customization system (tons of stuff to unlock). If you want to grind it out online, prepare to do a lot of practicing and learning and losing, there's no way around that. This game is super deep with a ton of characters that have a ton of gimmicks you need to know how to deal with. The netcode is the best in the business, so no worries on that front.

All in all, it's one of the best fighters this gen, just try not to get overwhelmed.

thanks for the comprehensive post, I appreciate it

game's been on my radar for long but you know, I'm always a bit hesitant when it comes to fighting games. But it seems the whole package is very polished and fun and i don't fear getting my arse handed to me. I'll get this at launch :)

Wish I could rock my Violet/Combot team online. :(

Combot is just too fun. ewgf, Paul's deathfist, Dragon and Demon Uppercuts, lazers, Jack's ff+1, Asuka's f+2 and Heichachi's df+1,2 all in one character. :lol

Yes, you should be able to change the background music for each stage plus the menus from Tekken Tunes. You need to have the music saved/uploaded on your Wii U first as MP3 files or something I suppose and then when you go into the Tekken Tunes options in the actual game, you should have the music there. Really a great feature since you can pretty much change the background music to anything you want.

That's fantastic. What do I use to upload the music in the game? A usb? SD card?

So can someone with the game confirm whether or not Tiger has an ending and/or customization items in this one? I'm hearing conflicting reports.

So can someone with the game confirm whether or not Tiger has an ending and/or customization items in this one? I'm hearing conflicting reports.

No ending, and his clothing/appearance is not editable. You can change his rage color, hit sparks, aura stuff, intro background and character picture. The boss Unknown is the same way.

Because of that it's probably best not to edit anything on them since if you do and you run into a mirror match online, no one gets the 2P color and things can get confusing.

No ending, and his clothing/appearance is not editable. You can change his rage color, hit sparks, aura stuff, intro background and character picture. The boss Unknown is the same way.
That's boring. Someone told me he has an ending in the Wii U version. :/

Well, at least he has one alternate costume now, but I really wish they'd stop trying to protect his "mystique", we already know he's not Eddy.

Sayah

That's fantastic. What do I use to upload the music in the game? A usb? SD card?
Does the Wii U have some sort of media center where you can listen to music? It should I would hope. If mp3 files on USB or SD card don't work, try inserting a music CD. That's what I tested with on the PS3 and it worked. Even though, in the end, I ended up buying and using only old Tekken music anyway.

I definitely saw Tekken Tunes as an option on the GiantBomb stream so there should be a way for you to get your favorite tracks on there. Wish I had the game on Wii U to tell you how exactly that is done

Kane is streaming again, this time playing his main Lili/Angel Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/hellomrbrahms

Man, you and your bro should seriously decide to make the trip to Next level one Wednesday and play some of the Tekken vets there. It sure changed me as a player when fighting someone with masterful skill face to face without the milliseconds of online lag in between us. I learned so much about what was wrong with my playstyle and what to improve on.

One day. One day. :p

Degen

Baek may be a technical character at tournament level but he's so quick that nobody online knows what to do about him

just styled on Ranked without knowing how to bound after his regular launchers

I don't understand how his type of character is balanced with that ff4,3 and df3,4. everyone else's pokes look so bad now

Top Bottom