• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

I just watched a bunch of match videos and just thought of some more cool things to implement into my game. Damn, despite playing my character for so many years there is so much freedom that you begin to find a new way to implement moves in a unique way!

Also I just watched the Big2 Archives:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/341971218?t=4h42m48s

Common Sayah, your Nina is twice of Exalted's! Show him how it's done!
I'm so jealous the best North American players meet relatively close to where you live :p

Sayah

I just watched a bunch of match videos and just thought of some more cool things to implement into my game. Damn, despite playing my character for so many years there is so much freedom that you begin to find a new way to implement moves in a unique way!

Also I just watched the Big2 Archives:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/341971218?t=4h42m48s

Common Sayah, your Nina is twice of Exalted's! Show him how it's done!
I'm so jealous the best North American players meet relatively close to where you live :p

Hahaha. Thanks for compliment. Really hate how I can't go to these events at the moment. Got so many other things in the way. It also doesn't help that I hate crowds and don't want to be riding New York subways at midnight, lol.

Anyway, I'm listening to various Tekken tracks. Damn, this game is seriously the best ever in so many categories. Can't get over how good Ground Zero Funk, Tulip Festival, Your Sunset, Moonlit Wilderness (original), School theme (original) and various other tracks are.

And I should have been practicing in UMvC3 for grudge match but I ended up playing Tag 2 the whole week. So hard to resist this game.

Sayah

Has anyone experienced the online for this game on the Wii U yet?

There are some members here that bought it on Wii U. I'm sure they can give you impressions. Overall, previews/reviews have mentioned that the online works great on Wii U, just like the other HD twins.

Ugh. What are you supposed to do online when you can't punish, block or parry properly because of lag and the other guy is just pressing buttons non-stop?

Soo frustrating. I need to find one person I have a good connection with and play only them.

DR2K

Banned
Ugh. What are you supposed to do online when you can't punish, block or parry properly because of lag and the other guy is just pressing buttons non-stop?

Soo frustrating. I need to find one person I have a good connection with and play only them.

Since I paly a game that's worse online in general(DOA5). Forget the rules off offline play, unless it's a buttery smooth connection. Don't worry about punishment, use your best unsafe moves, mash lows, and adjust your timing to the netcode. Just be sure you know what you're doing and adjust back for better connections.

Find your character's panic moves and mash the shit out of it. Stuff like hopkicks, Jin's 1+2, quick shoulder barges, back sway moves etc. If you're opponent is out mashing you then it's time to get dirty and dickjab (generic d+1_d+2) the guy since they're fast and they go under high moves. That's one way of stopping opponent's momentum and allowing you to start offence with ws attacks.

Thanks for the help, guys. :)

I did manage to win a few matches by spamming Kuni's ff 3+4 combo into tag assault, but it wasn't fun. I've tried messing around with ports and stuff in my router settings but I just get really terrible online performance from this game either way. Even on 4 or 5 bar connections I'm dropping Dragunov's combos 90% of the time.

I guess it's time to look into going wired. :p

Sayah

So you can't unlock the characters on the Wii U version?

They're already unlocked on the PS3/360 versions as well. He means the Wii U version already has all the free DLC characters and you don't have to wait. PS3/360 versions didn't initially have all of them until later.

Played ranked last night for around 3 hours, and I seriously played against over half the cast (35 characters by my count). I was not prepared for this. ;_;

Unfortunately, you have to sort of play dirty sometimes in ranked matches. They are merciless due to the fact that they want to rank up and that's all they want to do, so they will do whatever it takes to win. I rarely play against half the cast though. I normally fight the same characters most of the time such as Lars, Lili, Asuka, Laws, Pauls, Bruce, Eddy, etc. That could be a good thing or a bad thing for me....not sure. Hang in there. Try to learn mix ups with your team as well as some safe moves and poking, tag team combos do help out, try not to be predictable. Also try to fake them out looking for openings if possible. It's not great, but I try setting the CPU on the hardest level to try to at least get used to each characters fighting style. It's definitely not a good replacement for a formidable human opponent, but it gives you a general idea of their movesets and how to defend against them. Yes, PSN is BRUTAL!!!!!

Sayah

I'm wasting time and reading posts on WTF forums.

These comments are comedy gold. Or maybe I just laugh at everything. Can't say I agree with them completely but there is some truth to them and there are points to be noted.

Note: Thread is from early October when the sales of TTT2 were deemed to be very low.
Re: Sales so far are pretty low
I don't think people know a good game when they see one these days, they just lap up whatever they are spoon fed by the hype and brainless journo's, rubbish like Skyrim, COD, Halo, mass market brainless moronic nonsense, same old stupid juvenille crud. I once bought a game based on the hype, Mass Effect 3, utter repetitive rubbish but it sold by the bucket load. To this day I don't know what people see in it, it was worse than games I played 10 yrs ago. People seem to worship mediocrity, they are intimidated by high production values and perfection such as you find in Harada's game.

TTT2 deserves to be no1, it's the first game I've played in literally years which teaches you something and encourages you to use real skill and master something giving true satisfaction and enjoyment. It's a joy to learn and play and to me its the perfect fighting game and one of the best games in any genre.

One thing Tekken missed out on, in my area anyway, was point of sale displays. They practically re-model the stores for some games, it's ridiculous, but in my area anyway, Tekken just quietly appeared on the shelves with no fanfare. Maybe it needs marketing more aggressively. It certainly deserves it.

Well, the world is full of lesser beings buying CoD year after year. We can do nothing, but enjoy what we've been given 'till the end comes.

This reminds me of my other favourite franchise since the first days of tekken, "Ace Combat", which has been recently destroyed utterly to make It suitable for the lazy brains of the lesser casual animal, true cancer of the gaming industry.

I won't even start with what happened to Resident Evil too (since 5, not 4. 4 was a wonderful game imo)

Situations like this really give nuclear bombs a reason to exist. It's the only way to stop global retardation
Yea I'm highly disappointed in the fighting game community for not supporting this game. It's basically telling Capcom to go ahead and continue doing business the way they do it now. Harada offered **** near 100 dollars worth of content for 60 dollars. This is the best playing and most complete Tekken yet and it can't even sell as well as SFxT? I feel bad for Harada for making such a quality fighting game and to not have it recognized because despite constantly getting screwed over, the fighting game community is still sack tickling Capcom for every new rehash they release.

It's sad.
Sooo what are the chances that they'll eventually release this for PC?
Probably not gonna happen unfortunately.

Unfortunately, you have to sort of play dirty sometimes in ranked matches. They are merciless due to the fact that they want to rank up and that's all they want to do, so they will do whatever it takes to win. I rarely play against half the cast though. I normally fight the same characters most of the time such as Lars, Lili, Asuka, Laws, Pauls, Bruce, Eddy, etc. That could be a good thing or a bad thing for me....not sure. Hang in there. Try to learn mix ups with your team as well as some safe moves and poking, tag team combos do help out, try not to be predictable. Also try to fake them out looking for openings if possible. It's not great, but I try setting the CPU on the hardest level to try to at least get used to each characters fighting style. It's definitely not a good replacement for a formidable human opponent, but it gives you a general idea of their movesets and how to defend against them. Yes, PSN is BRUTAL!!!!!

Hahaha, I face so many Jack's and Xiaoyu/Miharu's online.

If you want your barrel of laughs from WTF forums then I suggest reading some of the stuff this salty Lili player is posting.

http://wtf.tekken.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9047&t=6261

It's a classic ahahahaah.

Oh and GGs Bleep! Shame we couldn't get more matches in and it getting a bit more laggier at the end but it was still fun.

Sooo what are the chances that they'll eventually release this for PC?

Not sure really. Harada mentioned before he was an avid PC gamer and would like to see Tekken on every platform but unfortunately they got too much stuff on their plate as well as the crazy piracy rates Tekken supposedly has.

I feel even more bad for those waiting on a Vita port.

Online ranked matches are brutal on PSN.

Ok, so it wasn't just me. Ranked matches can be downright frightening at times lol. I can't believe my win/loss ratio is as high as it is. Sometimes I think only the hardcore professionals, tournament players and people who were very proficient in Tekken 6 are the only individuals bought this game. I've never seen so many amazing players in a fighting game considering how deep it is. Trying to learn a new team online can be very intimidating at times lol.

danmaku

Not sure really. Harada mentioned before he was an avid PC gamer and would like to see Tekken on every platform but unfortunately they got too much stuff on their plate as well as the crazy piracy rates Tekken supposedly has.

I think the main problem is the audience being nonexistant on PC. What was the last 3D fighter on PC? Virtua Fighter 1? FX Fighter? Not saying that it'll never work, but it's a risky bet. Piracy shouldn't be a concern for a multiplayer oriented game like TTT2, as long as the network is safe.

I'm wasting time and reading posts on WTF forums.

These comments are comedy gold. Or maybe I just laugh at everything. Can't say I agree with them completely but there is some truth to them and there are points to be noted.

Note: Thread is from early October when the sales of TTT2 were deemed to be very low.

Probably not gonna happen unfortunately.

Hahaha, I face so many Jack's and Xiaoyu/Miharu's online.

I rarely fight Jack, he can be extremely annoying at times for me because he appears to have so many quick safe moves that seem like they are hard to punish and he has good range. Wow, Xiayou and Miharu are very difficult to read and I DREAD fighting them. Thankfully, they do not come out as much for me, but when they do, I go into sadistic mode if possible meaning I start playing dirty.

Sayah

If you want your barrel of laughs from WTF forums then I suggest reading some of the stuff this salty Lili player is posting.

http://wtf.tekken.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9047&t=6261

It's a classic ahahahaah.

Oh and GGs Bleep! Shame we couldn't get more matches in and it getting a bit more laggier at the end but it was still fun.

Bahahahahahaa. oh man, I'm just reading the first post.

Apparently the Tekken Fedaration forum is getting more reta rded.

They were using NEGATIVITY, a common trait in every discussions in the world
to lock my threads and shut me up. Using a common trait as an convenient
cause to silent the people, it is simply not acceptable.

They are doing the same things as a particular country, namely North Korea,
are. N. Korea is also arguably one of the most NEGATIVE country in the world,
a "perfect country" running in bad quality, keeping its existence by lies,
half-truths and fallacious reasoning, and enforces WHITE TERROR onto its
citizens.
They would twist the merits and accuse virtually all topics as NEGATIVITY
just because they don't like, eg my topics about Lili's recent nerfs in TTT2.
It's called North Korean reasoning.

I will take this as non-seriously. Like the moderator was drunken the day and
did it out of his mind. Then I will start another Fix Lili topic which is
POSITIVE, ORGANIZED, INFORMATIVE and ENCOURAGING.

Ok, so it wasn't just me. Ranked matches can be downright frightening at times lol. I can't believe my win/loss ratio is as high as it is. Sometimes I think only the hardcore professionals, tournament players and people who were very proficient in Tekken 6 are the only individuals bought this game. I've never seen so many amazing players in a fighting game considering how deep it is. Trying to learn a new team online can be very intimidating at times lol.

Yeah, I was honestly very surprised to see how many good players there were. Really seemed like all of the people playing online had been playing the series for years. Really different from the T6 online experience.

Sayah

I rarely fight Jack, he can be extremely annoying at times for me because he appears to have so many quick safe moves that seem like they are hard to punish and he has good range. Wow, Xiayou and Miharu are very difficult to read and I DREAD fighting them. Thankfully, they do not come out as much for me, but when they do, I go into sadistic mode if possible meaning I start playing dirty.

Xiaoyu and Miharu players can give a hard time but it gets easier once you know their tricks. Really used to get frustrated when I faced them but I'm doing better now.

LowParry

Xiaoyu and Miharu players can give a hard time but it gets easier once you know their tricks. Really used to get frustrated when I faced them but I'm doing better now.

Best parts about Xiaoyu are her cancels which leaves open plenty of options. A shame I don't play much anymore because of my FPS side is in full effect. Funny though after a long period of not playing, I'll come back to play a few rounds to see that my EWGF with Kaz are almost 100% accurate all the time.

Sayah

Best parts about Xiaoyu are her cancels which leaves open plenty of options. A shame I don't play much anymore because of my FPS side is in full effect. Funny though after a long period of not playing, I'll come back to play a few rounds to see that my EWGF with Kaz are almost 100% accurate all the time.

Yeah, the cancels give her crazy mixup options. Sooooooo much poking too. It's like a bird beating you down with its beak. That's the best way I can describe the frustration I get from Ling players. hahaha

Wow, at those quotes. I definitely understand their frustration though. It seems like my favorite type of games are becoming more extinct and getting pushed aside for more mainstream/casual games. I think things are only going to get worst next generation. I think the video game industry is the only industry where you can almost always predict how well a game is going to sell based on what genre/style it is.

Yeah, the cancels give her crazy mixup options. Sooooooo much poking too. It's like a bird beating you down with its beak. That's the best way I can describe the frustration I get from Ling players. hahaha

Yeah, it's like she cancels out all of my poking and counters my moves at will. I can deal with her normally, but I really have to really concentrate.

mr_boo

Yeah, it's like she cancels out all of my poking and counters my moves at will. I can deal with her normally, but I really have to really concentrate.
It's funny, I actually use Ling but that doesn't help too much when I'm playing against her (I've been using Asuka & Nina lately). Hardest part for me re Ling is when they start to cancel strings and throw (ironically, which is what I do too). Up close, BT low/mid/high/throw mix-up is a pain to deal with.

Oh I understand how the game works, I just wasn't prepared to fight 35 characters worth of gimmicks in one night. Considering I've only just touched a Tekken game 8 months ago, I don't think my 28% win ratio in ranked is so bad. :)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Posted this in the Wii U launch thread, but can anyone with the wii u version get tekken tunes to work with custom soundtrack? If so how do you do it? I've already tried using the sd card and the sd card reader for usb. Neither shows up on the console.

Grifter

Just grabbed this. Is GAF still playing this on 360?

I read somewhere that the frame data online is out of date. Is that true?

Sayah

Posted this in the Wii U launch thread, but can anyone with the wii u version get tekken tunes to work with custom soundtrack? If so how do you do it? I've already tried using the sd card and the sd card reader for usb. Neither shows up on the console.

It's better to use CD's (I think). Does Wii U have any media center where you can upload music from a CD?

Sayah

Can the Wii-U read CDs is the better question.

lol

If it doesn't, then I'm not sure. Probably should use a USB/flashdrive then.

Here's a gamefaqs forum where people were asking the same thing. No one seemed to have come up with a solution, though. People that own the Wii U copy will need to test and find the way to get your own music in the game. I'm sure the feature isn't there just to be looked at.

It was relatively easy for me to do it on PS3.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
lol

If it doesn't, then I'm not sure. Probably should use a USB/flashdrive then.

Here's a gamefaqs forum where people were asking the same thing. No one seemed to have come up with a solution, though. People that own the Wii U copy will need to test and find the way to get your own music in the game. I'm sure the feature isn't there just to be looked at.

It was relatively easy for me to do it on PS3.

That is my thread lol. You cannot export media from the wii u as far as I know. I guess last resort is to try and tweet mr. Harada and see if he responds.

avoidingthepuddle.com's TTT2 data?

Yeah ATP's frame data is just a direct translation of the data inatekken wiki has.

Outdated data too since at the time of translation TTT2 Unlimited wasn't out iirc.

That is my thread lol. You cannot export media from the wii u as far as I know. I guess last resort is to try and tweet mr. Harada and see if he responds.

Wait what? Nobody has figured out how to use the Tekken Tunes features in the Wii U version? Surely there's a prompt when you go into the mode that tells you how to import songs into it right? Did the game come with a manual that mentions it?

Sounds kinda funny hahah.

Oh I understand how the game works, I just wasn't prepared to fight 35 characters worth of gimmicks in one night. Considering I've only just touched a Tekken game 8 months ago, I don't think my 28% win ratio in ranked is so bad. :)

Oh I see, I feel the immense number of characters is my weakness. There are just so many different fighting styles, moves and characters to know how to fight against that it definitely becomes overwhelming at times. Keep at it in ranked. If you can even garner a few wins on ranked, you are quite tough. :p

Top Bottom