• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Wait what? Nobody has figured out how to use the Tekken Tunes features in the Wii U version? Surely there's a prompt when you go into the mode that tells you how to import songs into it right? Did the game come with a manual that mentions it?

Sounds kinda funny hahah.

The manual is so terrible, I'm ashamed to even call it a manual. Trust me I already looked. Seems like no one cares about such a cool feature :(

PJX

For the 360, to use ORIGINAL MUSIC LIBRARY, the songs need to be on the HDD? If that's the case, it's pretty lame I can't have the tracks stream from my PC when DOAX2 allowed you to.

Grifter

Not sure about Wii U version, but on PS3/360, all the old Tekken soundtracks have to be bought. Not very expensive, though.

Thanks. When you buy a pack, do they come pre-assigned to play on the existing stages, or do you have to set them individually?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
For the 360, to use ORIGINAL MUSIC LIBRARY, the songs need to be on the HDD?

Correct, and the only way to accomplish this is to rip a music CD. I made a bunch of mix cds and had to manually label all the tracks, fun stuff.

PJX

Correct, and the only way to accomplish this is to rip a music CD. I made a bunch of mix cds and had to manually label all the tracks, fun stuff.

Oh well I'll just use the music by using the guide button instead. Really pointless feature imo.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Oh well I'll just use the music by using the guide button instead. Really pointless feature imo.

Well yeah, you have an os level custom soundtrack , but I really enjoy the feature because it's stage specific, so you can have an awesome set of songs for levels instead of listening to a whole song through.

Tweeted to Harada, hope to get an answer. Maybe they can add it in an update? D:

Sayah

Well yeah, you have an os level custom soundtrack , but I really enjoy the feature because it's stage specific, so you can have an awesome set of songs for levels instead of listening to a whole song through.

Tweeted to Harada, hope to get an answer. Maybe they can add it in an update? D:

You should probably tweet to filthierich and mykeryu as well. Maybe PM Markman as well since he bought the Wii U version too and is always in contact with the Tekken team.

I finally got my Wii U Edition from Newegg. Some 3 day shipping. That took 6 days. And that's 8 days after launch.

Anyway. I hooked up my TVC stick and I'm just trying to learn. I've started with my old favorites, Paul and Christie. I'm going to go through arcade mode with everyone just to try them out.

I'm kind of disappointing that there's no VS CPU like in Street Fighter 4. I'm not really into playing online and I hardly ever get to play with someone who halfway knows anything about fighting games.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I finally got my Wii U Edition from Newegg. Some 3 day shipping. That took 6 days. And that's 8 days after launch.

Anyway. I hooked up my TVC stick and I'm just trying to learn. I've started with my old favorites, Paul and Christie. I'm going to go through arcade mode with everyone just to try them out.

I'm kind of disappointing that there's no VS CPU like in Street Fighter 4. I'm not really into playing online and I hardly ever get to play with someone who halfway knows anything about fighting games.

Ghost mode is essentially vs cpu, however You don't get to pick the stages and the characters you vs are predetermined which you can choose from 3. It's fun because you can unlock endings and character specific items.

KiNeSiS

Banned

What!?!?!
Ghost Battle kills any plain old vs mode!

Ghost mode is essentially vs cpu, however You don't get to pick the stages and the characters you vs are predetermined which you can choose from 3. It's fun because you can unlock endings and character specific items.

o_O So it's totally not like VS CPU. The whole point of VS CPU is to be able to choose your opponent and stage.

And by VS CPU, I mean VS mode against the CPU instead of player 2, like in SF4.

Sayah

o_O So it's totally not like VS CPU. The whole point of VS CPU is to be able to choose your opponent and stage.

And by VS CPU, I mean VS mode against the CPU instead of player 2, like in SF4.

If you need to fight a specific CPU character on a specific stage, you can always choose VS. CPU from the practice menu. Of course, health is unlimited so it's an endless fight.

Can you play Tekken with a Wii remote?

How active is Tekken's online community? I feel like I'd like to play, but probably won't be good or have people to play with.

You can actually play with just a sideways Wiimote. I mean, it sucks, but you can do it. B and A are left punch and kick and they are kind of hard to hit with your left thumb on the d-pad. Also, you can't tag, even though Select doesn't seem to do anything.

Sayah

Can you play Tekken with a Wii remote?

How active is Tekken's online community? I feel like I'd like to play, but probably won't be good or have people to play with.

I don't really know why you'd wanna play it with a wii remote. Classic Controller is probably the best choice for fighters.

On PS3/360, online community is very active and will be active for years to come (just like Tekken 6). Wii U community is probably running pretty well too I'd imagine. And don't worry about "not being good." That's the purpose of Tekken. You start off not knowing anything. You get destroyed online. And then you start picking things up the more you play. Tekken requires a lot of investment if you're playing it competitively (not casually) but the rewards are very satisfying. And once you start discovering new stuff and things start to click, it becomes an addictive, enjoyable but simultaneously frustrating (in a good way) experience. There are a wide range of emotions that can be experienced while playing Tekken and these range from happiness to different types of frustrations to other stuff. Using my previous post example, my frustration with Ling players will not be the same as my frustration with Bob players. And one Ling player may not play the same as another Ling player. Everyone has different strategies and different methods of playing.

I've played a lot of fighters and I can say that Tekken is definitely unique and offers a lot that you won't find in other fighters. I always say this but Tekken is a mindblowing experience once you get deeper into the game and it's mechanics (especially when you have tough local competition). There can be so much at work in a single match (the tension, pressure and stress you feel is not similarly replicable in other fighters imo). Unfortunately, a lot of people give up on the series too soon and leave thinking it's a juggle fighter and nothing more.

Sorry for long post but buy the game. Tekken Tag 2 is the defining fighting game experience of this generation. Take the time to learn it and improve in it and you will understand why. It really tests your mental capabilities, your creativity, your limits and
probably your sanity, haha.
The game, at a competitive level, challenges you to think harder, to do better than you already are. It's an experience that is just.......so much.

weepy

I find this game just as enjoyable as the 360 version, though online mode have more shenanigans than on xbox live. I know damn well that half of the people I'm fighting online are using that lame ass touch screen feature to pull off certain moves and it's frustration to get hit by things that even expert plays couldn't pull off perfectly every time. Otherwise, I'm glad I double-dipped.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The Wii u community is pretty dry right now, I would go on endlessly vsing the same person. Kind of sad, hopefully we will get more fighters when the euro/japanese launch hits.

Sayah

I find this game just as enjoyable as the 360 version, though online mode have more shenanigans than on xbox live. I know damn well that half of the people I'm fighting online are using that lame ass touch screen feature to pull off certain moves and it's frustration to get hit by things that even expert plays couldn't pull off perfectly every time. Otherwise, I'm glad I double-dipped.

If I had the Wii U version, I would not hesitate to assign Nina's flapping butterfly on the touchscreen. I am not ashamed to admit this. haha

The Wii u community is pretty dry right now, I would go on endlessly vsing the same person. Kind of sad, hopefully we will get more fighters when the euro/japanese launch hits.

That is sad to hear. Hopefully things pick up with more Holiday sales and stuff.

Unfortunately, I doubt the online fighting community is going to be strong on the Wii U, especially at this point because I don't think it appeals to the community as much as the X360 or PS3, but hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe more more people will show up when it officially launches worldwide.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Unfortunately, I doubt the online fighting community is going to be strong on the Wii U, especially at this point because I don't think it appeals to the community as much as the X360 or PS3, but hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe more more people will show up when it officially launches worldwide.

Yeah, and the install base for the Wii u is nothing compared to the 360 and ps3, so there are a lot less people who want or have the game. Oh well, off tv support and the new costumes were well worth double dipping for me, if I really have an itch to play online i'll just jump on my 360.

Seik

Banned

I kinda feared this, not that I'm a big multiplayer guy, but still. Coming out a month after the original game's launch is not helping. :/

Bleep

Thanks for the games Flying Wonkey! Sorry about all the network hassles, I have never had to deal with these problems until I moved house! Hopefully it will be stable and I won't play awfully next time.

LowParry

Tekken Ball - Wii U video by Filthierich.

I'm hoping we get an update soon. Tekken Ball + Tekken Bowl for PS3/360 with online.

I think we need to start hitting up Harada about those features. Having Tekken Ball for PS3 would be extremely fun. I mean hell, if it became a DLC feature to pay $2.99 for, I'd be happy to pay up.

Sayah

I think we need to start hitting up Harada about those features. Having Tekken Ball for PS3 would be extremely fun. I mean hell, if it became a DLC feature to pay $2.99 for, I'd be happy to pay up.

I'd be more than happy to pay for it.

Also, IT'S MISTY. I really need to get more involved with customization.

Sayah

This?
Ofclboxart_cfm_Hatsune_Miku-illu.png

I think you can probably accomplish it with some work.

I still need an option for Tekken tunes to either save playlists or add multiple tracks to one stage. The regulars will be sick of me constantly mentioning this but it needs to happen. I feel like I wasted money because I have all these tracks with so few stages so therefore I either need to constantly manually change the tracks when the mood strikes or I shouldn't have given them my money. Oh well.

LowParry

This?

I think you can probably accomplish it with some work.

Yessir. I'll have to sit down and see what I can do. I think a lot of the main clothing can be made. The little details through decals. I'll work with it this week some time.

Doomshine

I still need an option for Tekken tunes to either save playlists or add multiple tracks to one stage. The regulars will be sick of me constantly mentioning this but it needs to happen. I feel like I wasted money because I have all these tracks with so few stages so therefore I either need to constantly manually change the tracks when the mood strikes or I shouldn't have given them my money. Oh well.

Get on twitter and tell Harada then.

Damn. I was watching the stream and had no idea that was Sayah. I need to stick to a team. I'll never get that good if I keep changing characters every week.

Sayah

Good stuff man. I haven't been on.. but question: Are nina's throw combo's worth practicing? That's kind of what I've been working on. Counters too?

Yeah, I think Nina's command throws are definitely worth it. They can take your opponent by surprise.

As far as counters, there are a few. b+4, d/b+2, and d/f+1+2 can all be followed up with launchers and/or juggle damage on counter hit.

And yeah, we never got to our practice session. We can do that whenever. Just message me on PSN when I'm there and we can play.

DEATH™

Nice stuff Sayah!!!

I still cringe about your aggressive Nina/Anna even when just watching that match...

You'll do well on tourneys man...

*first step on Bring Sayah to EVO - check*

Top Bottom