• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Damn we have to wait till the 26th to see the Jin and Jun in Kimonos art.

Luckily for me, the site decided it was the perfect time to show me the link to the Jun/Jin art. :)

uqdjkd.jpg

Grifter

What are the inputs exactly for waking up with the head or foot first dives?

Are there a buncha outfits to unlock that can't be bought? Scored a hunter getup somehow.

Doomshine

What are the inputs exactly for waking up with the head or foot first dives?

Are there a buncha outfits to unlock that can't be bought? Scored a hunter getup somehow.

You mean stuff like the spring kick? b+3+4 for the kick and for the dives you roll a direction and 1+2.

Sayah

Marduk seemed kinda free to rushdown yesterday :/

grappplers :/

Craig has a lot of good options (pokes and power-hitting moves) from a distance that can take the opponent by surprise and keep rushdown characters at bay. At least, that's how I see him.

Just got this on WiiU, it's fun. It's been a few years since I've played Tekken. I'm Whoompthereitis online, feel free to add me anyone.

I've played through the arcade mode with my team (Forest Law and Nina Williams), tried some of the other modes, and done some online ranked matches. Enjoying it a lot.

Question I have: how I unlock the items for purchase to customize my character?

Just got this on WiiU, it's fun. It's been a few years since I've played Tekken. I'm Whoompthereitis online, feel free to add me anyone.

I've played through the arcade mode with my team (Forest Law and Nina Williams), tried some of the other modes, and done some online ranked matches. Enjoying it a lot.

Question I have: how I unlock the items for purchase to customize my character?

Haven't played the Wii U version, but I am assuming it is the same with unlocking. Try Ghost Battle and pick the character you want to unlock items for first. When selecting your opponents, choose the characters with the gold color boxes and whatever character you have, you will unlock an item as soon as you defeat your them. Not sure if there are items to unlock for purchase in the Wii U version, but the items unlocked can just be equipped by choosing them in customization.

paolo11

I'm a noob at this game and I use Lars and Bryan. I'm planning to practice online with some people to learn stuff. Is this the best community for practice and stuff?

AAK

^^
Learn the matchup. Usually when Hwoarang gets into Flamingo you can sidestep out of it but you need the confidence to the sidesteps on time. And Baek in general is steppable in a good majority of his moves. He really is one of those characters that if you know how to fight he is manageable but if you don't you'll be in hell for that match. Always block Baek's d/b+4. People online abuse it. Go in practice mode and familiarize yourself with it. No one does it in offline high level play because of how slow it is, but I know that when I was starting I got hit a lot.

The same thing really can be said about any character. Watch your match, look at what moves you constantly got hit with, set the computer in practice mode to those moves and learn how to beat them! Some of them are even punishable.

Sayah

^^
Learn the matchup. Usually when Hwoarang gets into Flamingo you can sidestep out of it but you need the confidence to the sidesteps on time. And Baek in general is steppable in a good majority of his moves. He really is one of those characters that if you know how to fight he is manageable but if you don't you'll be in hell for that match. Always block Baek's d/b+4. People online abuse it. Go in practice mode and familiarize yourself with it. No one does it in offline high level play because of how slow it is, but I know that when I was starting I got hit a lot.

The same thing really can be said about any character. Watch your match, look at what moves you constantly got hit with, set the computer in practice mode to those moves and learn how to beat them! Some of them are even punishable.

^^^^
Yeah, this.

Baek and Hwoarang can initially seem tough but once you learn the matchup against them, it's not nearly as difficult. It can also be helpful to use down + 1 in certain instances or a fast high move (example Nina's u/f+3) or a quick move that leads to a sort-of-a-sidestep (example Nina's back+1). Using these type of moves depends on the situation but it usually helps stop the incessant kicking.

Man. As soon as you get into the blue ranks everyone is just too good. :(

I think movement is where I'm lacking. Some of these guys just dance around and magically make everything whiff. Then when I do manage to land a launcher, I'm so shocked that I drop the combo :lol

I think I'll ditch Anna. Any other suggestions for good team synergy with Nina?

Sayah

Man. As soon as you get into the blue ranks everyone is just too good. :(

I think movement is where I'm lacking. Some of these guys just dance around and magically make everything whiff. Then when I do manage to land a launcher, I'm so shocked that I drop the combo :lol

I think I'll ditch Anna. Any other suggestions for good team synergy with Nina?

Nooooooo. Keep Anna. She's got so many easy launch options, really amazing pokes and crazy rushdown and mixups. Watch match from 48:00.

Grifter

^^^^
Yeah, this.

Baek and Hwoarang can initially seem tough but once you learn the matchup against them, it's not nearly as difficult. It can also be helpful to use down + 1 in certain instances or a fast high move (example Nina's u/f+3) or a quick move that leads to a sort-of-a-sidestep (example Nina's back+1). Using these type of moves depends on the situation but it usually helps stop the incessant kicking.

Do the non-launching jump attacks tend to crush low earlier? I'm also using Bob who has a specific d+1 so I'm looking for a quick crouch move. Are d+1 generally 10f?

Dereck

I got demoted three times.

I don't quite understand how I should be playing this game. I need to stay out of Ghost Battle, it has really had a negative affect on me.

Sayah

Do the non-launching jump attacks tend to crush low earlier? I'm also using Bob who has a specific d+1 so I'm looking for a quick crouch move. Are d+1 generally 10f?

Depends on the attack I think but quick jump attack (like Nina's u/f+3) is really great for crushing lows. Not sure about Bob's crouch moves as I haven't used him much. But I'll head to training and see which attacks I think could be useful for Bob against Hwoarang/Baek.

Sayah

I don't quite understand how I should be playing this game. I need to stay out of Ghost Battle, it has really had a negative affect on me.

Don't worry. There are just some days when you feel like you are doing everything wrong.

The only thing I can say is that you could be doing a lot of rushdown with Law.

Nooooooo. Keep Anna. She's got so many easy launch options, really amazing pokes and crazy rushdown and mixups. Watch match from 48:00.

How do you get qcf1 to come out so quickly in combos? D: Looking at this... I should probably learn to use her Judgment stance and cancels (for both Williams'). And I need to use Nina's uf3 more often. Had no idea it could be a launcher.

This is where 100 hours of Ghost Battle got me :( http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/okeyd

The rules are completely different online. Doesn't help that the game isn't that popular and only experienced players are still around. More often than not I'm facing someone with 1000 matches under their belt.

Sayah

How do you get qcf1 to come out so quickly in combos? D: Looking at this... I should probably learn to use her Judgment stance and cancels (for both Williams'). And I need to use Nina's uf3 more often. Had no idea it could be a launcher.

You absolutely need to implement qcf+1 and qcf+2,1 as well as the judgment stance with Anna. It's really not that hard. All of Anna's qcf attacks have shortcuts.

After you do pretty much any launcher with her, follow up with down/forward+3,2. After this move, do not take your hands off of d/f. Keep d/f held with your thumb. She will do a dash and you simply press 1 to do the qcf attack. Then forward+3,2 for then bound. Then qcf+2,1 as combo ender.

Also, a lot of her moves can be cancelled into judgment stance. I can do practice session sometime if you'd like.

And Nina's u/f+3 on normal hit doesn't combo. But when you interrupt an opponent move with u/f+3, you often have the opportunity to follow up with d+4,1 then ivory cutter. It all depends on the opponents position in the air.

?

lol, all the time for me. Not trying to be tongue in cheek here.

The same way I do rushdown with Anna/Nina. Law has a good assortment of moves for quick mixups, etc.

If you like Tekken, check out FunkyP's stream tonight.

A majority of the top ATL players are here (including Anakin).
http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp

That quality.

DEATH™

There is a huge learning curve and I will get past it.

Great motivation bro, Just don't sweat it too much...

BTW, ggs to Sayah and you... I finally got a win against sayah... though it's not the williams... :(

Gotta practice GS again and stop dropping combos.

Markman, the stick is awesome!!!

Yay, I can finally do qcf motions with Anna and Nina at least 60% of the times and even in combos. Still need work with the timing on certain combos though, but I think/(hope!!!) I am progressing. Timing still seems sort of weird though.

Sayah

Yay, I can finally do qcf motions with Anna and Nina at least 60% of the times and even in combos. Still need work with the timing on certain combos though, but I think/(hope!!!) I am progressing. Timing still seems sort of weird though.

Nice. It will become second nature eventually.

DEATH™;45414159 said:
Makes sense since DOA's on IPL. They gotta promote their game you know...

Whatever happened to journalistic integrity... Haha. oh well.

You absolutely need to implement qcf+1 and qcf+2,1 as well as the judgment stance with Anna. It's really not that hard. All of Anna's qcf attacks have shortcuts.

After you do pretty much any launcher with her, follow up with down/forward+3,2. After this move, do not take your hands off of d/f. Keep d/f held with your thumb. She will do a dash and you simply press 1 to do the qcf attack. Then forward+3,2 for then bound. Then qcf+2,1 as combo ender.

Also, a lot of her moves can be cancelled into judgment stance. I can do practice session sometime if you'd like.

And Nina's u/f+3 on normal hit doesn't combo. But when you interrupt an opponent move with u/f+3, you often have the opportunity to follow up with d+4,1 then ivory cutter. It all depends on the opponents position in the air.

Wow. That is really helpful. One of my problems with Anna was I didn't feel I was getting maximum damage with her combos. This way is actually easier and more consistent than sidestep 3 too. Thanks!

Practice sounds good. I'm in Australia so the connection quality won't be the best, though. I'll add you anyway.

Wow. That is really helpful. One of my problems with Anna was I didn't feel I was getting maximum damage with her combos. This way is actually easier and more consistent than sidestep 3 too. Thanks!

Practice sounds good. I'm in Australia so the connection quality won't be the best, though. I'll add you anyway.

I also felt like I wasn't getting maximum damage with her at first as well. Yeah, those tactics helped me also. I still think Anna is harder to learn than Nina despite what people claim, but I love complicated, deep, hard to learn characters for some reason lol. I still need an easier way to add side step 3 kick with Anna in combos. When I go for the side step during her combos, it doesn't want to come out for some reason.

Sayah

I also felt like I wasn't getting maximum damage with her at first as well. Yeah, those tactics helped me also. I still think Anna is harder to learn than Nina despite what people claim, but I love complicated, deep, hard to learn characters for some reason lol. I still need an easier way to add side step 3 kick with Anna in combos. When I go for the side step during her combos, it doesn't want to come out for some reason.

I'm really thinking I should make a Nina/Anna tutorial. I mean I don't consider myself some authority on the two characters but I think it would be helpful for others if I did it. LyteEdge brought up the idea.

No prob. :)

And if we do practice, I'll hope for the best as far as connection quality goes.

AAK

I've been playing quite a bit online these past few days in preparation for Final Impact in Toronto this Sunday.

I can do JFSR like 60% of the time now.... but I've realized that this little execution feat is useless. I'm still trash at basics like breaking throws, not retaliating with jabs on safe moves, and backdash cancelling on 1P side. Sigh, I know American heavy hitters and the Montreal beasts probably aren't going to be there so I'm aiming for Top 8 at least. You might see me on commentary on this channel.

Sayah

I've been playing quite a bit online these past few days in preparation for Final Impact in Toronto this Sunday.

I can do JFSR like 60% of the time now.... but I've realized that this little execution feat is useless. I'm still trash at basics like breaking throws, not retaliating with jabs on safe moves, and backdash cancelling on 1P side. Sigh, I know American heavy hitters and the Montreal beasts probably aren't going to be there so I'm aiming for Top 8 at least. You might see me on commentary on this channel.

Good luck. Keep up that Jaycee/Hwoarang pressure and you'll do fine I'm sure.

I'm really thinking I should make a Nina/Anna tutorial. I mean I don't consider myself some authority on the two characters but I think it would be helpful for others if I did it. LyteEdge brought up the idea.

Sounds good to me. I'm always learning new things whenever I fight or watch Nina and Anna matches online. Anna and Nina imo are very difficult to learn properly, so I am sure there will be some real useful information in your tutorial if you decide to do it. Trust me, you are extremely good at the game. If you do a guide, I am sure many people can learn from it. I need to get back to playing this game regularly.

Awesome new avatar btw.

Grifter

I could use a Nina guide. She got me into T3 but I've stopped using her since partially cuz she's always so good, like it's easy to be very annoying with her... IMO. Her tools here are fantastic.

Watching a Korean Feng max out his bound damage with qcf+1+2. Is there a shortcut to getting that, or do I have to just time my recovery and hit the motion in minimal frames? Buffer system in Tekken's always been one of my biggest hurdles.

Doomshine

I could use a Nina guide. She got me into T3 but I've stopped using her since partially cuz she's always so good, like it's easy to be very annoying with her... IMO. Her tools here are fantastic.

Watching a Korean Feng max out his bound damage with qcf+1+2. Is there a shortcut to getting that, or do I have to just time my recovery and hit the motion in minimal frames? Buffer system in Tekken's always been one of my biggest hurdles.

The buffer window is very tiny, you basically have to time it so you start just as the previous animation ends.

Sayah

Sounds good to me. I'm always learning new things whenever I fight or watch Nina and Anna matches online. Anna and Nina imo are very difficult to learn properly, so I am sure there will be some real useful information in your tutorial if you decide to do it. Trust me, you are extremely good at the game. If you do a guide, I am sure many people can learn from it. I need to get back to playing this game regularly.

Awesome new avatar btw.

Thanks. :D

How do I get the Bikini alt costumes?

At this point, they should already be unlocked. Unless you are playing the Wii U version, then I think you have to play ghost battles to unlock them.

Go to customization, select an empty slot for your character and see if they come up when you equip items.

Top Bottom