• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

My WU copy of this arrived this morning. Spent quite a bit more time with it today than I expected. Still not very good at it, but managed to go 7-2-1 in ranked tonight so I'm pretty happy.

Sayah

Why did I not think of that? Those are all characters I have trouble with too.

Speaking of wall combos, what do you usually do? Nina's f+4,4,3 weirdly doesn't bound at the wall so I know to use ivory cutter instead. Other than that I've just been doing my regular fillers/enders. I know there's more damage potential there.

@AAK, thanks. I'll need to familiarise myself with all these strings at some point. Movement is definitely my priority though. I'm constantly getting outspaced and whiffing against better players.

Ivory Cutter is always best at the wall. I'm assuming you are using Anna so here's what I do.

If you have Nina out: Ivory Cutter bound --> Tag Assault --> d/f+1,2,4 (with Anna). Move a little bit forward with Nina while Anna is doing this move. Then with Nina do f+1,2, 1+2.

If you have Anna out: d+2 bound --> Tag Assault --> d/f+3,2,3 (with Nina). Then qcf+2,1 with Anna.

I've just got this on the Wii U. I have the Wii classic pro controller and i'm unable to assign movement to the left analog stick. Any ideas? The analog stick works in the menus.

I read somewhere you need to click down on the left stick but my sticks don't click in. :(
Cheers.

You do not want to use analog sticks for movement in this game. But if you desire, you can go to options and then control settings and you'll be able to assign whatever commands you desire to whichever buttons from there.
What browser are you using?

Working for me and I'm using Firefox.

Any arcade stick recommendations for a Tekken (and fighters in general) noob? I've got the Wii U version.

As far as I know the only current options are:

1) MadCatz Wii Tatsunoko VS Capcom Stick ($50): A Wii product, but it is compatible with the Wii U. Easily the cheapest option, although the stick and buttons are not your standard high quality Japanese parts. If that matters to you, it can be modded with some effort, but as is it should get the job done.

2) Hori TTT2 Arcade Stick ($109): Currently import only. Uses the Hori buttons found in their Fighting Edge stick. While these aren't standard arcade buttons, I haven't heard too many complaints about them.

3) MadCatz TTT2 Arcade Stick ($160): Official Sanwa arcade parts, the usual MadCatz arcade stick quality. Same button layout as the TTT2 arcade cabinet.

Do note that all of these have to be tethered to the Wii remote, so make sure you have one of those if you don't.

braves01

Banned
As far as I know the only current options are:

1) MadCatz Wii Tatsunoko VS Capcom Stick ($50): A Wii product, but it is compatible with the Wii U. Easily the cheapest option, although the stick and buttons are not your standard high quality Japanese parts. If that matters to you, it can be modded with some effort, but as is it should get the job done.

2) Hori TTT2 Arcade Stick ($109): Currently import only. Uses the Hori buttons found in their Fighting Edge stick. While these aren't standard arcade buttons, I haven't heard too many complaints about them.

3) MadCatz TTT2 Arcade Stick ($160): Official Sanwa arcade parts, the usual MadCatz arcade stick quality. Same button layout as the TTT2 arcade cabinet.

Do note that all of these have to be tethered to the Wii remote, so make sure you have one of those if you don't.

Hmm...I think I'll go with the Tatsunoko stick for now until I figure out if I can get good enough to justify buying more expensive sticks.

papercut

Is there still no explanation as far as when we'll be able to import our own music or buy previous Tekken OST's for use in Tekken Tunes?

Part of the reason that I passed on the PS3 version was because all of the released info pointed to this feature being available.

Sayah

Hmm...I think I'll go with the Tatsunoko stick for now until I figure out if I can get good enough to justify buying more expensive sticks.

You may want to see if a gamestop near you has one in stock.
http://www.gamestop.com/wii/accessories/wii-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-fightstick/76853

Is there still no explanation as far as when we'll be able to import our own music or buy previous Tekken OST's for use in Tekken Tunes?

Part of the reason that I passed on the PS3 version was because all of the released info pointed to this feature being available.

It still hasn't been figured out how to upload music on Wii U version? That's kind of sad.

Sayah

I'm working on Dragunov. f+4,4,3 then f+1, of course, easily connect after a launcher. But I only manage to connect f,f+2 half the time. Is there some secret I'm missing?

If I'm having trouble getting my 8th kill in survival mode, how bad am I? I'm solo'ing w Nina. I either have low health or making bad calls.

I feel a bit more fluent w her but I don't feel like Im using her at her full potential.

Me playing w other characters are an embarrassment so I'm still keeping them in practice mode.

AAK

@ boutdown, links are working for me

I'm working on Dragunov. f+4,4,3 then f+1, of course, easily connect after a launcher. But I only manage to connect f,f+2 half the time. Is there some secret I'm missing?

Hmmm... maybe Doomshine, Degen, or Rolento can help you out with him. Not sure but I assume you should try to get a slight dash before the f,4,4,3.

If I'm having trouble getting my 8th kill in survival mode, how bad am I? I'm solo'ing w Nina. I either have low health or making bad calls.

I feel a bit more fluent w her but I don't feel like Im using her at her full potential.

Me playing w other characters are an embarrassment so I'm still keeping them in practice mode.

If you're trying to win at Survival mode, I think there are a bunch of AI holes you can abuse. It's been a while since I tried to discover AI holes, but probably try Dragunov's b+4,2,1 over and over again. I don't think the AI ducks that last that much but I could be wrong. I do remember in T5, you could abuse Bruce's 3,2,1,4 and the AI would always eat the last 4... don't even know if Bruce still has that string LOL.

Chose solo Angel and spam fully charged b+1+2. Works like a charm for me in survival.

I actually didn't do too bad today in player match. Got scrubbed out by a laggy solo Lars. but the rest of the matches went okay. I feel like am controlling myself a little more, which really helps.

Dereck

@ boutdown, links are working for me

Hmmm... maybe Doomshine, Degen, or Rolento can help you out with him. Not sure but I assume you should try to get a slight dash before the f,4,4,3.

If you're trying to win at Survival mode, I think there are a bunch of AI holes you can abuse. It's been a while since I tried to discover AI holes, but probably try Dragunov's b+4,2,1 over and over again. I don't think the AI ducks that last that much but I could be wrong. I do remember in T5, you could abuse Bruce's 3,2,1,4 and the AI would always eat the last 4... don't even know if Bruce still has that string LOL.

Tried in Firefox and Chrome, links worked for me.
Wait, are the videos playing?

Doomshine

The timing is just strict, keep trying and you should get the timing down.

I gave dragonub a try, but I think I needed more practice with him before using this. Since I failed hard

Chose solo Angel and spam fully charged b+1+2. Works like a charm for me in survival.

I did try this too. While b+1+2 didn't get me the 10 wins, I used holding 1+2 (idk if you need to hold) or SS, 1+2 which did

I was trying to get 10 (or more) wins using my skill, but my god. I just suck.
But I got it and now this is out of the way. Thanks

Degen

yeah, about that... I haven't taken Dragunov seriously since T5DR lol

My week-1 Miguel is probably already better than my Dragunov right now

AAK

That Yoshimitsu 10 string (you know the one I'm talking about) is bullshit. There must be a way to get out of it.

It's extremely telegraphed. The first 3 punch are really discernable and when he does the 4th kick just duck and punish him with crouching move to stop it. That's the easy way of dealing with Yoshi.

But the universal way of dealing with Ten Strings is to low parry the low hit. Aside from Bryan, Creddy, and someone else I'm forgetting everyone has a low hit in their ten string and you wait for it and parry it. Hope that helps.

mr_boo

It's extremely telegraphed. The first 3 punch are really discernable and when he does the 4th kick just duck and punish him with crouching move to stop it. That's the easy way of dealing with Yoshi.

But the universal way of dealing with Ten Strings is to low parry the low hit. Aside from Bryan, Creddy, and someone else I'm forgetting everyone has a low hit in their ten string and you wait for it and parry it. Hope that helps.
Good to know, thanks ... I have problems dealing with 10 strings too. I'm guessing you actually parry 10 strings eyeballing for the low ... I guess I better get better with parrying.

I gave dragonub a try, but I think I needed more practice with him before using this. Since I failed hard

I did try this too. While b+1+2 didn't get me the 10 wins, I used holding 1+2 (idk if you need to hold) or SS, 1+2 which did

I was trying to get 10 (or more) wins using my skill, but my god. I just suck.
But I got it and now this is out of the way. Thanks
Glad you got it done, congrats.

The world hasn't ended. PM me if you want a Christmas greeting.

I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but sure. PM'ed.

I want a greeting too, though I have no idea what it will be.

Dat Christe face.
http://i.imgur.com/75KMO.jpg

AAK

Any Angel players here? Share me your technology!

She has an Electric, twin pistons, and a Hellsweep... space yourself and torment the other player with them! :p
Much easier said than done!

BTW Sayah, how's the preparation going for Apex? Whenever you want some practice games post up!

I just found out about Montreal having a Street Figher/Marvel tournament this Jan 5th with a side tournament including TTT2 and PSABR... I think I'll enter for both. Hopefully I can get a ride!

Any Angel players here? Share me your technology!

Basically what AAK said, and although I am far far way from being a decent Angel player here are a few other tips. Holding u/f while doing 4~3 cancels the first few frames of animation so the move comes out faster. It's a pretty good move to crush lows, hits grounded, and its safe on block. Her homing move b+2 has a few guaranteed follow ups depending on how your opponent chooses to get up.
Stolen fron Kane over at the tekkenzaibatsu forums.
cd4[3] ... if they roll back, the 3 hits for total 19 dmg, otherwise 15 grounded.
[uf]4~3 for around 20 dmg if they stay on the ground... 12 dmg if they roll back
ff df1+2, bound if they roll back
cd3, ~15 dmg if they roll back, ~25? dmg if they side roll left or right
d1, 17 dmg if they stay on the ground. ~10 dmg if they roll back

You can get a full combo off of counter hit standing 3 too so it doesnt hurt to toss that out every now and then.

Sayah

She has an Electric, twin pistons, and a Hellsweep... space yourself and torment the other player with them! :p
Much easier said than done!

BTW Sayah, how's the preparation going for Apex? Whenever you want some practice games post up!

I just found out about Montreal having a Street Figher/Marvel tournament this Jan 5th with a side tournament including TTT2 and PSABR... I think I'll enter for both. Hopefully I can get a ride!

Just have been playing ranked matches, hahaha. I haven't registered yet. Will have to make sure that I get those days off from work before I do that.

I know FightingGM is in the entrant list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m9rEJTwj2s#t=4m9s

No real secret to it, just make sure you input the second forward and 2 input at the same time when you can.

@Boutdown links work and play for me. Try ctrl + F5 on the page or reinstalling flash.

Thanks. Will head to practice and try this out.

The world hasn't ended. PM me if you want a Christmas greeting.

What is this about?

Sayah

I'm experimenting with Nina's synergy with Bob and Feng. What are her standard TA fillers and enders?

For fillers, definitely go with either forward+4,3,3 or d/f+3,2,3. If you simply need to do a quick single move to raise the opponent in air, then do qcf+1 as filler. As an ender, qcf+2 works best. Just run forward a little and do the move. You can also try blonde bomb to end as well. Depending on the juggle, qcf+4,2,3 can work too.

Keep experimenting and you'll keep discovering. Creativity can be endless in this game.

Degen

Miguel/Unknown is a weird team. I barely know either character but they win more often than any other team so far. not sure how to take that lol...

Miguel is definitely staying in the main rotation. He did most of the work, and by "work" I mean the same few strings, pokes and weak juggles almost every time

guys please teach me to use this character for real.

What is this about?
it's a trap sayah nooo

Miguel/Unknown is a weird team. I barely know either character but they win more often than any other team so far. not sure how to take that lol...

Miguel is definitely staying in the main rotation. He did most of the work, and by "work" I mean the same few strings, pokes and weak juggles almost every time

guys please teach me to use this character for real.

it's a trap sayah nooo

Sounds like your playing Miguel just fine to me =)

Sayah

it's a trap sayah nooo

Your player card for the tournament is also a trap. :p

idgsLc3gM6hNN.png

And while I'm at it, what do you guys think of this as the banner?

ibkMxq4TJpgVdR.jpg

Top Bottom