• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

Traveling and didn't have bandwidth, tho I wouldn't recommend regular stomp ends, esp. If its not set up to avoid getting teched.

It's not a great combo, but that's what he wanted. I was just pointing out since onemic wanted notations.

3~4,3 is what usually is done of course.

Sayah

Wow, that ender is ridiculously hard to do. Im like 0/50 at this point.

You have to quickly do the input for Jin and while he's carrying out his move, you have to keep pressing forward so Feng can move up. That's generally the idea with any tag assaults requiring you to run up and do a combo ender.

Pachimari

I feel like I am developing and I'm getting a LOT of practice through local play as my gf absolutely loves this game which surprises me. I'm training Tag Assaults now with Bruce and Forest but I don't know which are good fillers?

Deps

Yeeees korean stick for madcatz TE's is out. I've been practicing mishimas for the past few months and really want to see if korean stick does actually help.

AAK

Hey AAK, can you provide the notation for this tag combo? I know the notation up until Jin tags in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dEJCFhMqlA0#t=27s

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, Hao ended the TA after Jin's 1,2,4 with the d+3+4 stomp to go for the okizeme. And as for the trouble you're having with connecting, try utilizing the sidestep. Because of the sidestep, the 1,2,4 will connect at different frames giving a different juggle potential because of the hurtbox/hitbox dynamic.

This video goes into detail about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuR5ohXP2vE

Also, saw some really cool Yoshi fanart:

ieAlQRox7ViyF.jpg

itIbN1VmLQ0c3.jpg
ih7hNE3PbbGNu.jpg

Onemic

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, Hao ended the TA after Jin's 1,2,4 with the d+3+4 stomp to go for the okizeme. And as for the trouble you're having with connecting, try utilizing the sidestep. Because of the sidestep, the 1,2,4 will connect at different frames giving a different juggle potential because of the hurtbox/hitbox dynamic.

This video goes into detail about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuR5ohXP2vE

Also, saw some really cool Yoshi fanart:

Thanks, I'm actually starting to get the hang of it now.

Backdash cancelling will still take me forever to get down though haha.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DEATH™;45858073 said:
Wow...

I need to learn this... Kadey, do you use Maya or something?

No idea what you are talking about.

Here is Kaz vs Jin. http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/c/1804269

I also have King, also there are some other Tekken characters.

I have a bunch of characters from various comics, games, movies, etc now. More people need to get the PC version for all these goodies.

Actually, I don't know if I'm going to stick with Jun or Steve. I'm still searching. I'll go back to Steve if there aren't any characters I want to use.

Cool Yoshi pics.

Kadey did you unlock more colors and get the Gloria mod yet? The Lady mod on Viper was so good I bet the Gloria one is even more delicious.

A little past but here's a TTT2 Christmas combo compilation that I found today. Nothing practical but fun stuff.

That was truly incredible. So much sick stuff, especially the Angel and Jack tag crash combo, Jack and Miharu combo with all those grabs and that Jun combo with like a million f+4's.

Loona

Finally took the game for a spin last night. The Combot story mode's been fun, but I'll need to sharpen my defense to advance.

I found it weird that Youtube lacked a Tiger Jackson ending, so I took him for a spin in arcade mode, but still no ending after beating it. I checked the endings galkery, and it wasn't even available to be unlocked - that's kinda dissapointing considering everyone else that's sort of an alternate to existing characters that still got elaborate or stylized ending movies...

Has Harada addressed this in any manner? Any Tiger update in the pipeline?...

Sayah

Hey MisterLuffy, I'm just gonna focus on Bryan since you're not sure about a second character yet. I
am hardly a Bryan expert but this is what I could think of after going through his command list.

And in case you don't know, 1 = square, 2 = triangle, 3 = X, 4 = circle. u = up, f, = forward, d = down, b = back. d/b= down/back, etc. qcb = quarter circle back. qcf = quarter circle forward. For qcb, you basically take your thumb from down on the d-pad and slide it to the back key. Or you slide it forward for qcf.

Bryan Essentials:

1,2,3 (low hit)
3,2,1,4 (low hit)
1+2, 2 (good punisher)
f+2,1,4 (good against wall)
f+4,1 (great bound but also should be used from a distance)
When in near death situations and close to opponent, hold d/f and mash 1.
d/f+2,3 (may be a good punisher)
d+2, 3 (may be a good punisher)
d+3,2 (good combo ender)
d+1+2, 3 (low hit)
d+1+2, f (Bryan goes into ducking - great for mixups)
b+3, f (Bryan goes into ducking - great for mixups)
b+3,2,1,4 and b+3,2,1,2 (both are good for pressure)
Definitely use his sway from a distance. And qcb+2,4 is also great from distances.
Definitely use qcb+4 from distances and also when opponent is on ground. Really useful move and launcher.
When rising from ground or crouch stance, 3,4 is a good move.

Combos (with Jun as partner)
Combo 1:
Bryan: d/f+3 (punishable on block so careful)
Bryan: u/f+3
Bryan: d/b+2
Bryan: f+1
Bryan: f+4,1 (Press tag button after this move connects to bring out Jun)
Jun: f,f,+2,3
Bryan: f,f+3

If this combo proves to be a little hard, then try a simpler one.

Combo 2:
Bryan: d/f+3
Bryan: f+4,1 (press tag button)
Jun: f,f+2,3
Bryan: qcf+4,1,2

Combo 3:
Bryan: u/f+4

These are just Bryan combos I know from watching his gameplay. You can do a whole lot more. But try these basic ones first and see how well you do.

Unless you already know how to do all this stuff. Then you are well on your way.

Doomshine

These are only NCC.

EDIT:

and some more moves I would consider essential:

f+3 - Safe mid CH launcher.
Qcb+3 - good powerful low. + on hit.
f,b 2 - 14f safe high launcher.
ff+4 - Quick high homing move, almost safe. (it's -10 but forces crouch, most characters only get a crouching jab)
ff+2 - Safe high move, good range and damage.
b+1 - Safe mid CH launcher, + on block. Don't spam it too much though, it's quite linear.

braves01

Banned
Ok noob question here: some guy playing armor king kept spamming a low kick against me that seemed to stun me so I couldn't crouch to block or make a counter. How do I stop this?

Sayah

Ok noob question here: some guy playing armor king kept spamming a low kick against me that seemed to stun me so I couldn't crouch to block or make a counter. How do I stop this?

Can you describe the animation of the move somewhat? Not sure which move you could be talking about here.

braves01

Banned
Can you describe the animation of the move somewhat? Not sure which move you could be talking about here.

It looked like a simple single leg crouching low kick, no spin, nothing special, but my character looked dazed each time it connected (wobbly legs and head). It didn't take many frames to execute so he would just spam the kicks until I was KO'd and I couldn't respond at all.

Sayah

It looked like a simple single leg crouching low kick, no spin, nothing special, but my character looked dazed each time it connected (wobbly legs and head). It didn't take many frames to execute so he would just spam the kicks until I was KO'd and I couldn't respond at all.

I should go through AK's command list and see what that is. Go into practice mode and select defensive CPU training. Pick Armor King as your opponent. Find that move on his command list and have the CPU do it on you. Then you have to find a way to counter it. Try parrying with down/forward when the move is about to connect. There definitely should be a way for you to overcome it. Cheap stuff like that doesn't exist in this game, haha. Everything can be overcome.

Doomshine

d+3 is the only move I can think of, but he's standing for that one and that's +1 on hit, nothing else. The only other low that gives plus frames on hit is db+3. Any other low should be minus on hit.

braves01

Banned
Are you sure it's Armor King and not King?

Maybe. I'm not 100% sure because I was pretty upset as it was happening, but I know it had the sheik suit on. I think the tag partner was fat Bob, so I'll check out his move set as well.

I am certain it was a low single leg kick without a spin or anything fancy and it stunned my character.

AAK

Pretty sure it's d+3 based on the description. And you can just duck and block the second one, it's not guaranteed after.

Finally took the game for a spin last night. The Combot story mode's been fun, but I'll need to sharpen my defense to advance.

I found it weird that Youtube lacked a Tiger Jackson ending, so I took him for a spin in arcade mode, but still no ending after beating it. I checked the endings galkery, and it wasn't even available to be unlocked - that's kinda dissapointing considering everyone else that's sort of an alternate to existing characters that still got elaborate or stylized ending movies...

Has Harada addressed this in any manner? Any Tiger update in the pipeline?...

Yeah, Tiger doesn't have an ending. He doesn't have any customizations either. Also he doesn't have any piece of spoken dialogue. I guess the developers didn't have time to implement that into his character in time for the release date. Sorry. I guess you can consider it like Dr. B from Tekken 3, he didn't have an ending in that game. If you beat it you just get Yoshimitsu's ending.

DEATH™

Picking up the williams... screw their punishers... they are not built for punishing...

df+1,2 for both is awesome though... need more tips sayah...

Pachimari

Am I the only one who feels like there haven't been any support after release? Because the DLC characters, levels and music had surely been done before release, as some of it were on-disc. I expected something more would be developed after the launch, which I still hope for.

Sayah

DEATH™;45910873 said:
Picking up the williams... screw their punishers... they are not built for punishing...

df+1,2 for both is awesome though... need more tips sayah...

2,3 is also a punisher for both of them and can be useful with opponent against wall. Although I always forget to use it. haha

We can do some matches/practice this week if you'd like.
I also need to get the thread up for the tournament soon.

Sayah

Am I the only one who feels like there haven't been any support after release? Because the DLC characters, levels and music had surely been done before release, as some of it were on-disc. I expected something more would be developed after the launch, which I still hope for.

What else can they add? Aside from costumes, I mean. And if they do add additional costumes, they would have to be free if Harada's philosophy is to be followed. Not sure if Namco would allow additional development time to be taken up for free content.

AAK

They still have to update the arcade boards with the console data. Maybe... maybe those arcades might get something new which will after some time come to the console versions.

Personally, I want them to move on and finally get cracking on TxSF.

Hey MisterLuffy, I'm just gonna focus on Bryan since you're not sure about a second character yet. I
am hardly a Bryan expert but this is what I could think of after going through his command list.

And in case you don't know, 1 = square, 2 = triangle, 3 = X, 4 = circle. u = up, f, = forward, d = down, b = back. d/b= down/back, etc. qcb = quarter circle back. qcf = quarter circle forward. For qcb, you basically take your thumb from down on the d-pad and slide it to the back key. Or you slide it forward for qcf.

Bryan Essentials:

1,2,3 (low hit)
3,2,1,4 (low hit)
1+2, 2 (good punisher)
f+2,1,4 (good against wall)
f+4,1 (great bound but also should be used from a distance)
When in near death situations and close to opponent, hold d/f and mash 1.
d+3,2 (good combo ender)
d+1+2, 3 (low hit)
d+1+2, f (Bryan goes into ducking - great for mixups)
b+3, f (Bryan goes into ducking - great for mixups)
b+3,2,1,4 and b+3,2,1,2 (both are good for pressure)
Definitely use his sway from a distance. And qcb+2,4 is also great from distances.
Definitely use qcb+4 from distances and also when opponent is on ground. Really useful move and launcher.
When rising from ground or crouch stance, 3,4 is a good move.

Combos (with Jun as partner)
Combo 1:
Bryan: d/f+3 (punishable on block so careful)
Bryan: f+4,1 (Press tag button after this move connects to bring out Jun)
Jun: f,f,+2,3

If this combo proves to be a little hard, then try a simpler one.

Combo 2:
Bryan: d/f+3
Bryan: qcf+4,1,2

Combo 3:
Bryan: u/f+4

These are just Bryan combos I know from watching his gameplay. You can do a whole lot more. But try these basic ones first and see how well you do.

Unless you already know how to do all this stuff. Then you are well on your way.

Thanks Saya. I really appreciate you helping me. I know some of Bryan's combo, but don't know how to extend them. I can't wait to try these out.

DEATH™

Got ravaged online last time... it was so bad lol... need a break

k2AlR.jpg

Lol

My main are still the kings, though I'm trying to play other chars to know matchups, get my execution abit better and to get rid of many bad habits that are holding me back. Gonna try williams, changs, xiaoharu, bryan/bruce, asuka/jun etc... If I can win arcade mode with them without continues and at least get them to 2nd dan online, then yeah...

2,3 is also a punisher for both of them and can be useful with opponent against wall. Although I always forget to use it. haha

We can do some matches/practice this week if you'd like.
I also need to get the thread up for the tournament soon.

I want to if time comes...

Pachimari

What else can they add? Aside from costumes, I mean. And if they do add additional costumes, they would have to be free if Harada's philosophy is to be followed. Not sure if Namco would allow additional development time to be taken up for free content.

They still have to update the arcade boards with the console data. Maybe... maybe those arcades might get something new which will after some time come to the console versions.

Personally, I want them to move on and finally get cracking on TxSF.
Classic costumes. More customization. A new stage here and there. Tekken Ball. Bowl. Even a new character like that Devil, Kamiya, Tougou etc. Even a Tiger ending.

I just don't see where all the praise comes from if this is it. I applaud them for making it all free and at one side it should be when it were on-disc and ready to go. But basically, there wasn't even any support after release, other than the patch that fixed some stuff and introduced a few things. We need more of that.

Anyway, I'm also starting just to want them to get onto Tekken X Street Fighter. :)

Top Bottom