• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Degen

I was a fool to ever walk away from King

I thought I needed to use a different type of character but all I really needed was to ss3+4 more

it's so obvious now

edit: also possibly marduk!

AAK

BTW Sayah, today's the last day to register online for TTT2 @ Apex.

Going to be my first foray in fighting the Montreal crew this weekend, I know they're the best in Canada. I just hope I don't get mauled and at least stand up to the top 3.

GrayFoxPL

Anyone else hate the Unknown purple goo stage?

I'm not supposed to be color blind but everything blurs to one fuck on this for me.

Philippines is another one when it's so dark I can't see shit.

Please Harada tone this crazy lightning effects down in future games.

AAK

Yeah, Corrupted Heavenly Garden stage is retarded. Can't see anything.

Phillipines while slightly bad is nowhere near anything as atrocious as the corrupted heavenly garden. I still enjoy fighting in Phillipines because it is relatively large and with walls. The best balance. Same can't be said about the Poland stage unfortunately.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, Corrupted Heavenly Garden stage is retarded. Can't see anything.

Phillipines while slightly bad is nowhere near anything as atrocious as the corrupted heavenly garden. I still enjoy fighting in Phillipines because it is relatively large and with walls. The best balance. Same can't be said about the Poland stage unfortunately.

Yeah Poland stage is bad too. Tiny rape ring. I guess it was some throwaway stuff they slapped "Poland" on last minute. We really aren't known for magic shows, big theater - yeah sure but magic show from 19th century - wat?

AAK

Yeah Poland stage is bad too. Tiny rape ring. I guess it was some throwaway stuff they slapped "Poland" on last minute. We really aren't known for magic shows, big theater - yeah sure but magic show from 19th century - wat?

That is true, out of all the cultural aspects in the stages, Poland has the least relevance, lol. But I suppose Harada wanted to acknowledge all the countries with strong Tekken communities, and hence Poland was one of them thanks to Di and all the work he's done for the scene.

Also, we have no Victorian Castles in Canada either! There's definitely ice though :p

Sayah

I really like fallen garden as a practice stage. But in vs. battles not so much b/c it's infinite.

And yeah, the only stage that can be hard to see in for me is the Philippines stage. In certain areas, it just gets really dark.
BTW Sayah, today's the last day to register online for TTT2 @ Apex.

Going to be my first foray in fighting the Montreal crew this weekend, I know they're the best in Canada. I just hope I don't get mauled and at least stand up to the top 3.

I am already registered. :)

The OST to this game is great, possibly OST of 2012 for me.

YES, it is.

What's the Dubai stage have to do with Dubai?

Our most hated is that stage with the very dark tree shadows. Turrible.

Nothing at all, haha.

And you don't like the Moonlit Wilderness stage? :(

Grifter

Nothing at all, haha.

And you don't like the Moonlit Wilderness stage? :(
Coastal Sunset, Moonlit's a classic favorite training stage from T5.

Following up on my wall troubles from last time, converting wall combos off odd angles seems to be a long term skill. Been looking for that on match videos and even the best players have some trouble, although some stop and just jump over their opponent at the wall. Is that for setting up back turned situations on certain wake-ups?

Sayah

I actually like the Poland stage but I changed the music to something else.

When is that tournament starting up?

I will have the thread up soon. Not sure if anyone else is creating a banner now. There were other people that had wanted to. Otherwise, I can create a new banner myself. Don't think people like the Angel banner that much.

Following up on my wall troubles from last time, converting wall combos off odd angles seems to be a long term skill. Been looking for that on match videos and even the best players have some trouble, although some stop and just jump over their opponent at the wall. Is that for setting up back turned situations on certain wake-ups?

Depends on character/combo I think.

AAK

Yeah, exactly. In those instances if the opponent tried to tech roll when you jump over them they'll be behind you. And since an attack after a techroll will always be slower compared to when you will be landing from the jump, they will eat whatever move you do from back turned that will connect. In summary, a tech roll trap or what we all call for short: tech trap :)

But yes, like Sayah said, it is combo specific and not universal everytime they are juggled to the wall.

DEATH™

I will have the thread up soon. Not sure if anyone else is creating a banner now. There were other people that had wanted to. Otherwise, I can create a new banner myself. Don't think people like the Angel banner that much.

Depends on character/combo I think.

TBH your angel one is fine if werent for the shadowy filter you used. I had an idea of using simple vector art for the banner, but the same concept...

And I gotta give myself a deadline... prob later midnight

GrayFoxPL

Turned off motion blur and forgot about it. I think it plays better. I can interrupt and punish better. Hmm. I think I keep it off.

Pachimari

Oh yeah, I finally decided to award Tekken Tag Tournament 2 a perfect 10/10 in my review for the publishing site I'm working for. It's an awesome game! :)

Also, finally got the hangs of World Arena, love it. Also decided, Forest and Bruce is my defacto team.

Degen

^ score well-deserved. TTT2 put every 3D fighter on notice

Starting up a PSN lobby in a little bit; if anybody wants in just post here or hit me up @ Dragon17013

Pachimari

Yeah, thinking back in the 10 or so years I have reviewed, I think I have only given out five 10's max, Tekken Tag 2 being one of them. Truly a great game.

Btw Degen, could you add me?
PSN tag: Anastacio

My girlfriend is pretty crazy about Tekken as well which is awesome.

Pachimari

I think I'm coming on as well but I'm thinking maybe I should just stay away as I feel I'm not good enough. =/

I'm having a hard time with movement with my V3 arcade stick.

Degen

GGs Anastacio and Famicom and conveniently not Sayah

my movement is terrible lol. Really shows against Famicom's play style. one more reason to main the big characters

AAK

I'm staying at Potatobrain's place where I got to play 50 casual matches with him and his friend Renato....

Between both of them, The score was approximately 35-15 where I only managed 15 games. I'm gonna get slaughtered. There are people out there that practice seriously offline and can easily see through any shenanigan that you ever thought was even marginally abusable while playing online.

They duck EVERY string that has a high portion, they break EVERY grab I throw at them, and they just wait and punish EVERY unsafe move that they manage to block accordingly...

I have no idea how these guys can be beat... and they're just locals! Anyways, it's 2:40 AM here and the tournament should start in around 12 hours. I'll just do my prayers, wake up early do some more and hope I mange something.

For some godforsaken reason I played a ton of online matches today. Shit was awful. Matches with 2-3 seconds of freezing. Holding back to block but instead the input is somehow being read as a backdash so I'm getting hit by tons of stuff that I shouldn't. Add all that up on top of me sucking and I'm left with one gigantic headache.

I'm staying at Potatobrain's place where I got to play 50 casual matches with him and his friend Renato....

Between both of them, The score was approximately 35-15 where I only managed 15 games. I'm gonna get slaughtered. There are people out there that practice seriously offline and can easily see through any shenanigan that you ever thought was even marginally abusable while playing online.

They duck EVERY string that has a high portion, they break EVERY grab I throw at them, and they just wait and punish EVERY unsafe move that they manage to block accordingly...

I have no idea how these guys can be beat... and they're just locals! Anyways, it's 2:40 AM here and the tournament should start in around 12 hours. I'll just do my prayers, wake up early do some more and hope I mange something.

I know that feeling dude. Its even worse when it gets to the point where they know you in and out and you cant even get them to block cause they are making you whiff everything lol.

DEATH™

You're screwed
2169924-kappa_super.png

PS outturtle them...

Jitters

I have a question, I unlocked Ogre's Aztec gear and Lili's devil gear playing ghost battle. Is that all there is to unlock for those two playing ghost battle? One outfit per character? I can't seem to find a site that has a list of the stuff.

DEATH™

I have a question, I unlocked Ogre's Aztec gear and Lili's devil gear playing ghost battle. Is that all there is to unlock for those two playing ghost battle? One outfit per character? I can't seem to find a site that has a list of the stuff.

Aside for the panels, auras, and Lili's item move (Teddy Bear) and LEDs, I think so...

Sayah

Yeah, it looks good considering my upload connection. I am going try testing out the quality of these archive videos. Maybe I can upload all the matches to my Youtube account depending on the quality and size of the videos.

Awesome. :)

Hellix

The archived videos look like the same quality as the stream. So, it is watchable, and the size of the videos are pretty small. I guess the positive side to my connection is that it shouldn't require great internet speeds to watch.

Sayah

^
Awesome. Stream was running fine for me when we were testing.

Speak now if you don't like your player card for tournament.
jWZOSEeGBSZfv.jpg

jfCaBApmkMuuA.png
-----------------------------------
jbhObaNUMaf1ID.png

jVSuxu4I4N0Aq.png
j3szJHtiBrrkg.png

jxLaDSpFP0ksD.png
jb02XnwgcRzTue.png

jbhJJOGsiER4M4.png