• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

I dont think I'm gonna do well either but this is all in good fun. Hopefully this can help generate some more hype for Tekken here at gaf.

Meh... GAF loves their marvel...

PS sorry aak, when i came back from work and watched the losers final, I was rooting for howling. No hard feelings please :)

Also, cant believe I can get a mini juggle out of king CH db+3. I thought ws 22 is the max I can get

I need to stop playing on stream... LOL, I moved and played like a scrub. Tournament nerves.... But I had fun. I really got lucky with some of the early matches.

http://www.twitch.tv/mtlsf/b/354326789?t=2h35m54s

And great work so far with the tournie Sayah :)

Dat tekken 2 music at the start. You played well dude. Howling with so many grabs though, no one can break them all. You amde it all the way to losers finals and took it to the limit so I'd stay that was a very successful run.

DEATH™;46103034 said:
Meh... GAF loves their marvel...

I know =(

AAK

I respect that Death ;) Loyalty to your character all the way.

I just have to say the beatdown you get in a tournament really makes you know what you suck at. I have such a long way to go before becoming a good player. That guy Rami, aka Potatobrain is such an intellect and really trained hard figuring things out for this game. He told me a million things when I played him casually about how scrubby my play really is (in a tactful way) He tells me how I pretty much got away with everyone not knowing the character matchup rather than legitimately playing solid Tekken... and he's right. Much thanks to that guy for housing and playing with me though.

Sayah

Tournament thread is up and I'm already seeing mistakes. lol

Please, all of you let me know if things need to be addressed/fixed.
And thanks AAK.

Edit: damn, everything in that thread feels so disorienting. Wish I could have made the character sizes more uniform. Sorry it looks so terribad. I have absolute trash skills with photo placement/editing. But I needed to get this thread up by today.

Degen

good job on the tourney thread, Sayah! DEATH worked some magic with that Angel banner too

Please, all of you let me know if things need to be addressed/fixed.

hey, funny you should mention that because--

You are the only one who can't have his changed. >:)
oThQl.gif

AAK

It looks good don't worry ;) And that Death Banner is indeed amazing. Good job to all involved. Let's make this a fun one.

Hellix

So, I guess we are just doing this in a player lobby for the stream? I only been in a player lobby twice, so I haven't noticed if you can simply spectate the entire time and not fight.

Sayah

So, I guess we are just doing this in a player lobby for the stream? I only been in a player lobby twice, so I haven't noticed if you can simply spectate and not fight.

You are already streaming and I won't have you deal with the hassle of also inviting all the different people that may be playing. I'll create a lobby and then I'll invite you. Then, I'll invite whoever is playing. Unless you want to do the inviting. That's fine too.

And there's a timer in the lobby so no worries about lack of a spectating only feature.

Hellix

You are already streaming and I won't have you deal with the hassle of also inviting all the different people that may be playing. I'll create a lobby and then I'll invite you. Then, I'll invite whoever is playing. Unless you want to do the inviting. That's fine too.

And there's a timer in the lobby so no worries about lack of a spectating only feature.

Alrighty, sounds good.

GrayFoxPL

Would love to see the tourney, hope there will be archive stream.

I had bad luck in previous gaf tourneys (trying to play someone who seemed avoiding me wasn't fun) so I decided to op out. Still can't wait to see the madness!

GrayFoxPL

Played a set with my bro last night. I got wooped up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMH3e6v7-as

Watch in 720p! Let me know what you think about the quality (it was uploaded to YouTube via Twitch).

Also, I'm starting to stream TEKKEN now. Subscribe if you want to be notified: http://twitch.tv/MarkManSDT

That's your real brother?

His movement and ewgf consistency is ridicules.

4 backdashes + dwgf for hello - why not? Badass DJ. Ima steal some of his combo and wall tech. Lol.

You were reaping great yourself.

Quality is nice.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
That's your real brother?

His movement and ewgf consistency is ridicules.

4 backdashes + dwgf for hello - why not? Badass DJ. Ima steal some of his combo and wall tech. Lol.

You were reaping great yourself.

Quality is nice.

Yeah, that's my real brother haha.

Thanks. I'm not traveling for awhile so I have to get sharp again. We're going to play/record more now so I'll be back in tournament form in no time :D

Glad the quality was ok!

Pachimari

Guys, now that you are streaming and knowing what you're doing, could somebody explain to me how I can stream myself? Do I need a channel somewhere? Do I need special camera and connectivity equipment?

braves01

Banned

Damn, y'all are good.

Watch in 720p! Let me know what you think about the quality (it was uploaded to YouTube via Twitch).

Also, I'm starting to stream TEKKEN now. Subscribe if you want to be notified: http://twitch.tv/MarkManSDT

Subbed. You guys are really good too and the video quality was fine. It's clear from watching you two I need to get better at movement in general. I'm slightly better with a pad right now but I'm slowly (very slowly) adjusting to my TvC stick.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Guys, now that you are streaming and knowing what you're doing, could somebody explain to me how I can stream myself? Do I need a channel somewhere? Do I need special camera and connectivity equipment?

I'm lucky cuz I just asked my friends who stream what I needed.

This is my setup:

Streaming Computer
Alienware X51
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64-bit

Capture Device
Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle - USB 3.0 Version
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/

The software I'm using to stream/broadcast is Xsplit Version 1.1 (XSplit: Core v1.1.1210.3101) and I'm using Twitch.TV to broadcast it.

With the above things I'm able to stream/capture signal from my consoles (via use of the Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle). For Xbox 360 you can stream straight up using HDMI, however it only supports 720p/59.94 resolution.

For PlayStation 3, you need a signal converter/pass through such as the HDFury2 or HDFury3, or a DV-I/optical cable conversion from the HDMI signal. This is due to the HDCP settings of the PS3.

This is the same setup that Level|Up and many other streamers use for streaming events/games.

If there are any questions, let me know.

Sayah

Awesome. Thanks for this. Looking forward to your streaming. :)

Would love to see the tourney, hope there will be archive stream.

I had bad luck in previous gaf tourneys (trying to play someone who seemed avoiding me wasn't fun) so I decided to op out. Still can't wait to see the madness!

There should be an archive.

Grifter

Any tips on fighting the Kings? Seem to have an arsenal of long range trickery that's hard to punish. Should I be stay in their faces? That might apply to Jacks as well.

Sayah

Any tips on fighting the Kings? Seem to have an arsenal of long range trickery that's hard to punish. Should I be stay in their faces? That might apply to Jacks as well.

I think Armor King and King both have to be approached differently.
With AK, you always have to watch out for his attacks from a distance. King, on the other hand, I think is a more up close player. I could be wrong, though. I've hardly used either one of them enough to offer a reliable opinion.

GrayFoxPL

King I fight close range and focus on blocking knee and stuffing everything he tries with fastest moves. He's dangerous on mid to longer range(boomerang), up close in your face he's struggling.

A.King is tough cookie, uppercut almost makes him Mishima. Tons of options. Never stay down on the ground A.Kings love abusing their 3+4,2 elbow salto. Bait it by staying away, avoid, block it and try go for an oki.
He's strong.

DEATH™

You dont want to be close to them unless youre not scared of grabs. (Which you should be scared of).
Sayahs right that they are approached differently, but both are weak at midrange, approximately dash range. Their long range attacks will be too slow/linear and pokes will whiff on that range. Whiff punish accordingly...

(And now im gonna lose some games)

-------

King I fight close range and focus on blocking knee and stuffing everything he tries with fastest moves. He's dangerous on mid to longer range(boomerang), up close in your face he's struggling.

You don't want to do that seriously. Good King players will not let themselves get interrupted. If the King player knows when to use jabs, df+1,2 and df+2, you're screwed. Just that poke can lead to Buffered GS/2 or a mid.

AAK

I decided to punish my bank account by buying this:

$T2eC16Z,!)cE9s4PudvOBQYbJ2Y-vg~~60_35.JPG

Reason 1: To stop disturbing my roommate
Reason 2: Also use the built-in mic and hopefully give GAFers and other tips and tutorials on playing TTT2 using the online practice function.

And then, I just realized I have no time this semester with the grad courses I'm taking. I really shouldn't impulse buy things :(. I also cancelled my preorder for Anarchy Reigns as well. Sorry Platinum Games.

Grifter

Really nice! Is that bluetooth? I bought the new 360 BT headset and like that it doubles as a BT headset for my phone. Wish the 360 side here had people to break things down with.

A.King is tough cookie, uppercut almost makes him Mishima. Tons of options. Never stay down on the ground A.Kings love abusing their 3+4,2 elbow salto. Bait it by staying away, avoid, block it and try go for an oki.
He's strong.

AK has an electric?! I've been watching every AK player do the handspring and still don't mentally grasp that it's as good and safe as it is. I've found that you can step immediately after blocking handspring if you expect follow-up, he'll sail by and you get better oki. SSL works better if he does 3+4,1 (body press).

GrayFoxPL

AK has an electric?! I've been watching every AK player do the handspring and still don't mentally grasp that it's as good and safe as it is. I've found that you can step immediately after blocking handspring if you expect follow-up, he'll sail by and you get better oki. SSL works better if he does 3+4,1 (body press).

Well at least in 6 it's speed is the same as electric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mb3Phlhf2w

Handspring fucks with my mind.

DEATH™

Ak handspring is at least jab punishable if they do the followup, ak will get floated for a juggle. Good thing is none punish it online.

Dragunov is unbelievably good. He's really fun to use but I can't come up with good combos with him. So now I'm using Bryan/Dragunov, so the problem I only have is facing players online. I'm really bad with setting up a combo or a move. Any advice with playing players online?

GrayFoxPL

Double post but fuck it, let's live on an edge. Edit: No?! Lol.

Wanted to say how I'd love to play Aris online.

Man swears aloud way more then I in my thoughts when playing. Man's pure heart an emotion.

Never going to happen cause he's US I'm EU, but man it would be awesome to hear his commentating. :)

Top Bottom