• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Wow, this is a huge install on PS3; mandatory too. Guess it makes sense; there's a ton of content here, which is why I bought it. Technically I'm too old to play and win consistently, but it's fun.
Hmm, can't seem to go online yet.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
So to the people who have the game: how are the offline profile options for vs? Can we use multiple profiles or is everyone just limited to the main profile's customization and ranks?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Has anyone else experienced studdering on the 360 version. I' been playing for less than an hour and it happens somewhat too frequently for comfort.

Escrima wouldn't fit in with Tekken's hand-to-hand ethic (though Alisa/Jack stretch that boundary) but yes to everything else.
Yoshimitsu and Kunimitsu make frequent use of their *bladed* weapons as well. I don't think a guy with two blunt sticks should be too hard to accept. Plus Tekken is big in the Philippines (one of the criteria Harada/the team uses when selecting new characters) and that's their most notable fighting style.

I'd also add la Canne Savate and Judo now that I've thought about it.

DR2K

Banned
Now read the first youtube comment and ruin the song for you FOREVER

Tuna bacon > Snoop lion.

Anyone able to confirm if US version works with the leaked EU DLC. I'd be more than happy to share my EU account with another US user to find out.

sephi22

Day 1 impressions:

Characters:
- I'm loving Kunimitsu. Her bound combos are easy (atleast the ones in the command list), she's very stylish and she's fast. However, she does baby damage so you have to rack up those hits.

- kuma is as troll-ey online as ever. 'Oh. You knocked me down? You wanna do a meaty EWGF? Screw that, eat my low hitting 1+2 till you're dead'

- not feeling dragunov. He was one of my mains in T5DR but i dont know what im doing with him now. Though i never learnt any bound combos with him in T6 so that must be the problem. Im sure he's still good

- angel feels like a mishima. Good pick if you think mishimas are overplayed. Tried to get her ewgf timing down. Failed.

Online:

- netcode is really solid. Atleast as good as SCV if not better. No dropped games. Played around 4 UAE guys (1 was 4 bars, others were 5 bars) and the gameplay was smooth. Faced a 2 bar connection and even still i was able to do most of my baby combos (match was slower than normal)

- practice mode while waiting for opponents is great. So is text chatting during fights.

-Voice Chat disables Tekken Tunes. Pick your poison. Do you want to be able to speak and listen to the other players or listen to your own tracks? Choose ones. Game gives you this prompt everytime you go to the online menu

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
-Voice Chat disables Tekken Tunes. Pick your poison. Do you want to be able to speak and listen to the other players or listen to your own tracks? Choose ones. Game gives you this prompt everytime you go to the online menu

The obvious answer is listen to your own tunes

DR2K

Banned

Well that won't work out with the mic I just bought.

KerryFigs

Neo Member

Well the good thing is that when I'm playing amongst friends then I'll do voice chat. I enjoy the music for the game anyway.

Lobby matches/Ranked matches will be tunes for sure.

KerryFigs

Neo Member
Somewhat casual Tekken player here. Are Steve, Bruce, Bryan, Hwoarang, and Eddy any good?

Just about everyone is good in Tekken. But Steve, Bruce, Bryan and Hwoarang is REALLY good. I've seen alot of footage from Korea where those 4 are regular character used in high play.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

I hope this doesn't apply to the 360 version. Or at least doesn't affect party chat.

Horseress

Ow my gawd...for this game, I chose to pre-order and support Namco, get the DLC's, etc, but with that, I'll only got the game at September 17th ¬¬
I don't regret pre-ordering but....damn, I wanna play this ><

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
-sigh-

Tuesday......why does it feel so far away. Mehhhh.

Two more days!

The weekend is easy enough to stay active/busy, but I took off from work all next week and Monday is gonna make me go crazy waiting for this game to drop with nothing to take my mind off it, LOL.

GrayFoxPL

Really looking forward to seeing all the special team win animations. Here's hoping Paul and Kazuya's is amazing.

Unless they added new ones in console version there are mostly no special win animations for not story related character teams like Paul - Kazuya. Jin/Devil Jin - Hwoarang, Jin - Xiaoyu, Yoshi - Bryan are awesome though.

Look up on google.

LowParry

Two more days!

The weekend is easy enough to stay active/busy, but I took off from work all next week and Monday is gonna make me go crazy waiting for this game to drop with nothing to take my mind off it, LOL.

Seriously. GW2 is a good distraction but I keep alt tabbing looking for anything new or streams up that last. Twitch cops are in full effect.

BIGWORM

Anyone want to add me on XBL when it comes out:

NickAppleese

I have a 50MBPS connection, so hopefully I'll have some good connections.

Played couple of dozen games with my brother, game is fun as hell as I expected. Haven't tried anything at all yet just b-lined to the vs mode and started trashing each other.

Holy shit the flood of memories !!

I remember leaving my PS1 on for +3 days because we spent a lot of time unlocking all the characters and since we didn't own a memory card yet we didn't want to go through that POS Heihachi 11 more time again.

Somewhat casual Tekken player here. Are Steve, Bruce, Bryan, Hwoarang, and Eddy any good?

Yes, yes, kinda, haven't played him yet and Eddie will never be good again after Tekken 3.

BIGWORM

Played couple of dozen games with my brother, game is fun as hell as I expected. Haven't tried anything at all yet just b-lined to the vs mode and started trashing each other.

Holy shit the flood of memories !!

I remember leaving my PS1 on for +3 days because we spent a lot of time unlocking all the characters and since we didn't own a memory card yet we didn't want to go through that POS Heihachi 11 more time again.

Yes, yes, kinda, haven't played him yet and Eddie will never be good again after Tekken 3.

I still think Yoshi's stage BGM from Tekken 2 is among the best.

Two more days!

is your avatar image some sort of unlockable art in the game? >_>

With Borderlands 2 around the corner and preordered, I was gonna wait. But the hell with it. I already got this game set for Tuesday.

My PSN ID is Einhand.

Got a chance to play at a friend's house. So good. Since I've been playing a lot of T6 lately, it was interesting seeing what combos still worked and which didn't. And they changed Yoshi's stab again? I finally got used to it in 6, wth?!

Is Ghost Battle like Quest mode in VF5? I've been yearning for another fighter to rip that mode off wholesale since it's perfect for single player.

Top Bottom