• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Is Ghost Battle like Quest mode in VF5? I've been yearning for another fighter to rip that mode off wholesale since it's perfect for single player.

The ranking system is the same but it's just endless battles. Still, it's pretty addictive.

So glad they have separate online and offline ranking in this game. Hated that you had to go online to get past 1st Dan in Tekken 6.

Missing the one character I wanted the most, but the rest of the list is pretty cool.

They actually have someone listed that I thought we'd never get to play as despite actually hoping we'd get to.

I really wanted Tougou... :(

I hope it's pre-weight gain atttractive Bob, not Tekken 6 ending super skinny Bob.

And as much as I love Lee/Violet, I don't think Violet needs his own spot. Unlike Tiger & Panda, Violet is literally Lee in disguise, just as JayCee is Julia. But then I guess the same can be said for Devil Jin and "skinny" Bob.

AAK

Dammit... I couldn't resist and spoiled myself :( That would have been an awesome surprise to behold. If people are nice they won't spoil it for others.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DEATH™;41904915 said:
*watches wang ending*

WHY DO PEOPLE WANT THEM CUT?

RESPECT THEM PEOPLE!!! WANG IS AWESOME!!!

I love Wang.

My tekken 5 arcade machine card was Touch My Wang

So having the highest win streak at the arcade and having that pop up all the time was hilarious to me

Sayah

So excited for it to be Tuesday already. Really interested to see how the new characters will be. Although, I would have liked Heather Williams. A third Williams character would be so brilliant.

STILL NO GON!?

FUCK YOU HARADA YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FANS :(((((((((

Licensing issues, etc.

BIGWORM

So excited for it to be Tuesday already. Really interested to see how the new characters will be. Although, I would have liked Heather Williams. A third Williams character would be so brilliant.

Licensing issues, etc.

Richard Williams?

KerryFigs

Neo Member
Bob/
Slim Bob
is the best team then....

flRWu.gif

You would love my idea for a future Tekken. And no, not just zero. I need to somehow get in touch with Harada so I can hound him about hearing me out and eventually hire me... Don't worry, Tekken faithful, I have no ideas that alter the mechanics/systems.

Sayah

Unless she got some o' dat cryogenic beauty sleep, she probably won't be popping up unfortunately.

I want an old woman character, lol. I don't think it'll be a problem. To give an example, we had Mae Young in WWF.

But Strider Hiryu is actually a Capcom character. Gon isn't a Tekken/Namco character, just a guest spot.

In addition to the licensing issues, I'm sure Gon would have messed up the balance of the game. Loved Gon in T3 but I can also reasonably see that his inclusion would probably have not worked out well in any case.

I want an old woman character, lol. I don't think it'll be a problem. To give an example, we had Mae Young in WWF.

In addition to the licensing issues, I'm sure Gon would have messed up the balance of the game. Loved Gon in T3 but I can also reasonably see that his inclusion would probably have not worked out well in any case.
I mentioned this in the past but an Alex Jr would have been a great way to bring back Gon-esque moves and stature me thinks.

Sayah

Yeah, and so was Jun.

*edit* and Bruce, now that I remember...

Yeah, but
that Jun isn't the real Jun

They could probably pull some story twist and bring him, though, I guess.

You would love my idea for a future Tekken. And no, not just zero. I need to somehow get in touch with Harada so I can hound him about hearing me out and eventually hire me... Don't worry, Tekken faithful, I have no ideas that alter the mechanics/systems.

Try tweeting him. He might reply.

I'd be totally down with an older female character, but I don't think Namco is sadly.

If you look at their two fighting game series, you'll notice they do anything in their power to keep their female characters young looking.

Sayah

Don't forget Heihachi Mishima...was dead. lol
"I was blown far away from a jack explosion." lol
The thing with Heihachi, though, was that he was assumed dead in T5 but there was no assurance that he was. Jun's death was also sort of a mystery.

But with Richard Williams, we have CG of Nina and Anna visiting his grave, putting up flowers and slapping each other there. That's why.....I don't know.

Top Bottom