• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

I'd be totally down with an older female character, but I don't think Namco is sadly.

If you look at their two fighting game series, you'll notice they do anything in their power to keep their female characters young looking.

Yeah, that's true. In fact, it's true for mostly all fighters.

If no one has dibs on this avatar:
ifbKmc7FYAhuk.png

I guess I can take it.

I'd be totally down with an older female character, but I don't think Namco is sadly.

If you look at their two fighting game series, you'll notice they do anything in their power to keep their female characters young looking.

Yeah. They had Anna/Nina frozen for the 20 years between Tekken 2 & 3 and all the other females (Jun, Kuni, Michelle) were conveniently killed off. :(

How are the dlc characters getting released again? From what I understand Angel/Kunimitsu/Ancient Ogre/Michelle are with pre-orders but will be free later on. Tiger/Forest/PJack/Alex would be released free later. However, those guys are in the guide but not the first bunch. Also, think I spotted a gaffer earlier with a youtube link and it looked like he had them already!

Just placed my Amazon order so I'll be ready to play after I done with afternoon classes on Tuesday

EDIT: Had to cancel my original order caused I ordered a PS3 copy by accident. Just made an order for the 360 version

sephi22

How are the dlc characters getting released again? From what I understand Angel/Kunimitsu/Ancient Ogre/Michelle are with pre-orders but will be free later on. Tiger/Forest/PJack/Alex would be released free later. However, those guys are in the guide but not the first bunch. Also, think I spotted a gaffer earlier with a youtube link and it looked like he had them already!
That gaffer might've been me.
Tiger/forest/pjack/alex are not dlc. They are unlocked from the start.

The other 4 are pre-order exclusives, but they were accidently put up for free in the EU and related PSN stores for a day. That's where i got the bikini, character, snoop lion and lili dlc from

That gaffer might've been me.
Tiger/forest/pjack/alex are not dlc. They are unlocked from the start.

The other 4 are pre-order exclusives, but they were accidently put up for free in the EU and related PSN stores for a day. That's where i got the bikini, character, snoop lion and lili dlc from

Haha nice.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Sorry if I beat up any of you guys online earlier. We're in the final testing stages for World TEKKEN Federation and we were playing like assholes lol.

sephi22

I'm kinda salty.

Last night I played about 5 ranked matches. The guys I played against weren't 'good'. A Miguel player tried to do his long ass unblockable in every round. A DVJ player just spammed lasers. A Hei/Kaz player did wind fists on my wakeup and used no bound combos. A lei/eddy player just did the same high/low strings X n times.

Thing is, i must have lost about 2 out of 5 matches. This is why I'm pissed. The netcode was smooth. I know Kuni's combos, i know how to parry lows, but still i was having trouble getting damage in. Really can't put a finger on how I lost to terrible players.

Sure, there's the replay channel, but I'm afraid watching the replays of last night would just make me angrier at myself.

With the Tekken Federation putting all your stats online, i really want to beat these guys. If there is some way to nuke my record, ill take it. Hitting the lab tonight

DSix

Banned
Argh still one day to go, I'm in hype overdrive, I can't concentrate on anything.

Sorry if I beat up any of you guys online earlier. We're in the final testing stages for World TEKKEN Federation and we were playing like assholes lol.
Will WTF go online worldwide at the same time?

Dereck

I'm kinda salty.

Last night I played about 5 ranked matches. The guys I played against weren't 'good'. A Miguel player tried to do his long ass unblockable in every round. A DVJ player just spammed lasers. A Hei/Kaz player did wind fists on my wakeup and used no bound combos. A lei/eddy player just did the same high/low strings X n times.

Thing is, i must have lost about 2 out of 5 matches. This is why I'm pissed. The netcode was smooth. I know Kuni's combos, i know how to parry lows, but still i was having trouble getting damage in. Really can't put a finger on how I lost to terrible players.

Sure, there's the replay channel, but I'm afraid watching the replays of last night would just make me angrier at myself.

With the Tekken Federation putting all your stats online, i really want to beat these guys. If there is some way to nuke my record, ill take it. Hitting the lab tonight
You sound like me.

I looked. That makes 60 total characters for the final roster. Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaan.
59 right?

44 arcade default
5 console exclusive
4 day one DLC
6 future DLC

They should have added Tougou for a cool 60. Still, that's crazy. I just realized that if VF and DOA did a crossover, Tekken would *still* have more characters. Wow.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
They need to just fill the entire top row at this point. They are close enough. Bring some jacks back, bring dead king back.

Put shin in :)

DR2K

Banned
59 right?

44 arcade default
5 console exclusive
4 day one DLC
6 future DLC

They should have added Tougou for a cool 60. Still, that's crazy. I just realized that if VF and DOA did a crossover, Tekken would *still* have more characters. Wow.

If you subtracted the swaps it would actually be about even. Still impressive. Then again this is the official 8th iteration of Tekken.

If you subtracted the swaps it would actually be about even. Still impressive. Then again this is the official 8th iteration of Tekken.
Assuming you drop Eddy or Christie, Panda,
Skinny Bob, Violet, maybe Miharu and Sebastien
and give DOA Ein, Leon, Raidou, Tengu, Omega, and Shiden back it's still not even. Hell, you can even throw in Angel, Forest, P. Jack, Tiger, and Alex (despite them not being "swaps") and Tekken still beats any potential crossover roster by 12.

DOA and VF add 2-4 per game. Tekken adds at least 6-8 per game.

I'm just amazed by how much stuff is crammed into this title.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
TEKKEN usually adds 2-3 per game (original characters).

Tekken 4 - Marduk/Steve/Jin
Tekken 5 - Asuka, Raven, Feng Wei
Tekken 5: DR - Lili, Armor King, Dragunov
Tekken 6: - Bob, Miguel, Zafina
Tekken 6: BR - Lars, Alisa

I think that's right. But then again I'm super tired and I just got home from playing online/testing stuff all day. I'm kinda delirious right now :3 !

I need to be put into a coma the next 2 nights. The wait is becoming unbearable.

I think that's right. But then again I'm super tired and I just got home from playing online/testing stuff all day. I'm kinda delirious right now :3 !

You forgot dat Leo. Its ok we understand, I bet your more euphoric then delirious right now. I know I would be =)

noodalls

T6 Leo.

T5DR Jinpachi?

So, are people like Forest Law, Panda, Tiger (and Eddy/Christie for that matter)and the like palette swaps or did they give them some unique attacks/moves ?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So, are people like Forest Law, Panda, Tiger (and Eddy/Christie for that matter)and the like palette swaps or did they give them some unique attacks/moves ?

They are unique....

Tiger has new moves/changes vs Eddy.

Forest Law has new cancels and does not have DSS cancels.

Panda and Kuma are identical though.

Eddy and Christie are a bit different in terms of reach/combos and different throws.

Armor King was in Tekken 1 & 2. Jin was introduced in 3. :)

Pookmunki

Added my name to the PS3 list, any UK gaffers ( or close to GMT) please feel free to add - I'll do the same for names already on there.

I'll be rocking a Feng / Steve team methinks.

He wasn't counting 5/5DR and 6/6BR as separate games.

T2: Lei, Jun, Baek, Bruce, Roger/Alex
T3: Eddy, Hwoarang, Jin, Xiaoyu, Bryan, Mokujin, T. Ogre, A. Ogre, Dr. Bosconovitch
T4: Steve, Marduk, Christie, Jin 2.0
T5: Asuka, Raven, Feng, Devil Jin, Lili, Dragunov, Jinpachi (plus heavily revamped Anna, Wang, Bruce, Ganryu, Baek, and Armor King)
T6: Bob, Miguel, Zafina, Leo, Lars, Alisa (Nancy and Azazel count too, despite my hatred of them)

Tekken 4 was the only real anomaly.

Jin in TEKKEN 4 was an original character however.

Armor King was new, as he had a new style in T5DR.

Ooh, I getcha. But pretty much all the T2 characters that returned in T5 were overhauled. I don't use AK, but he seems to have retained most of his signature moves.

I do distinctly remember saying what the fuck when I first played Jin in Tekken 4 though. D:

Loading times still long after installing?

Kinda is

This is a personal pet peeve of mine but fighting game devs should really get rematch to start instantly or almost instantly, SF4 is pretty instant but in TTT2 you have to go through a loading screen every time (I'm guessing it's due to resetting the stages since they have multiple levels/destruction and they aren't just static 2D planes)

He wasn't counting 5/5DR and 6/6BR as separate games.

T2: Lei, Jun, Baek, Bruce, Roger/Alex
T3: Eddy, Hwoarang, Jin, Xiaoyu, Bryan, Mokujin, T. Ogre, A. Ogre, Dr. Bosconovitch, Julia, Panda, Tiger
TTT: Tetsujin, Unknown
T4: Steve, Marduk, Christie, Jin 2.0, Combot, Miharu
T5: Asuka, Raven, Feng, Devil Jin, Lili, Dragunov, Jinpachi (plus heavily revamped Anna, Wang, Bruce, Ganryu, Baek, and Armor King)
T6: Bob, Miguel, Zafina, Leo, Lars, Alisa (Nancy and Azazel count too, despite my hatred of them)

Tekken 4 was the only real anomaly.
Added some if we're just talking on a character basis, not necessarily new styles.

And if we're being super technical, there's all the different Jacks, and the successors to Kuma, King & Armor King.

I thought DoA had fewer characters because every one of them has its own unique fight style?
Even if you cut the 11 I listed plus Mokujin and Combot TTT2 is still going to end up with 47 totally unique fighting styles. I wasn't trying to start a war or anything, lol. I was just saying how it's really impressive what Namco has done when you stop to think about it.

Pachimari

I'm thinking, isn't there a chance Project TEKKEN will add more characters after the 6 DLC ones on the disc?

If Shin were in, I would have ordered 2 Hori Pro V3 sticks and 2 WAT editions. :p

Please Namco =;(

shiroryu

Even if you cut the 11 I listed plus Mokujin and Combot TTT2 is still going to end up with 47 totally unique fighting styles. I wasn't trying to start a war or anything, lol. I was just saying how it's really impressive what Namco has done when you stop to think about it.

Yeah, most fighting games would retire/replace some characters to keep the roster the same size or maybe grow it by 2-3 characters. Tekken just keeps on adding them. I expect they'll pare it down for T7...can't see its systems being changed much after the outcry against T4, so a roster refresh might be on the cards. TTT2 has tag so it's naturally different from the main series.

I'm thinking, isn't there a chance Project TEKKEN will add more characters after the 6 DLC ones on the disc?

If Shin were in, I would have ordered 2 Hori Pro V3 sticks and 2 WAT editions. :p

Please Namco =;(

Kamiya Shin? Why? He existed only to be broken in 10 seconds by Heihachi.

Pachimari

Yeah, most fighting games would retire/replace some characters to keep the roster the same size or maybe grow it by 2-3 characters. Tekken just keeps on adding them. I expect they'll pare it down for T7...can't see its systems being changed much after the outcry against T4, so a roster refresh might be on the cards. TTT2 has tag so it's naturally different from the main series.

Kamiya Shin? Why? He existed only to be broken in 10 seconds by Heihachi.
I have a weird obsession with him. I really thought he would have the same style as Jin.
I mean, I really like my emo Japanese like boys.

AAK

Hopkicks? They aren't as good as they were in Tekken 6 (i.e. they're more punishable), but still, they are low crushing launchers. And online people hardly ever punish them (partially because of the netcode). So they are an extremely viable tactic. If your opponent isn't punishing it? Abuse the hell out of it.

Dereck

Hopkicks? They aren't as good as they were in Tekken 6 (i.e. they're more punishable), but still, they are low crushing launchers. And online people hardly ever punish them (partially because of the netcode). So they are an extremely viable tactic. If your opponent isn't punishing it? Abuse the hell out of it.
Aren't they harder to punish normally in Tekken 6 though?

AAK

I know they were -12 in T6, so you could never get launched for it. And online, even if you wanted to punish it you'd fail half the time. In TTT2 they're more punishable but unsure by how many frames.

Top Bottom