• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

either i'm too good or the level of skill in XBL is extremely low.

first time playing a Tekken game in over a year, 46-4 w/l record. beat some people with hundreds of matches, winning records.

The Tekken community is mostly on psn, but live shouldn't be too bad, maybe you're that good. Who do you play as?

Deps

XBL definitely has less good players. Also most good people on xbl (that I know of) play in player matches, ranked sucks

ggs to boutdown earlier, and AAK and jojo just now( even though it was pretty laggy).

The game's online has been progressively worse since release, did something happen or are there just less players?

P.S. I totally felt like a badass using Anna's CAT stance low reversal to beat Hei's jumping low.

AAK

I think it's my connection to be honest, It's been unusually bad these past couple of days. Yesterday was T6 level bad honestly. But GG's regardless! Some truly badass moments there for sure!

impressions after a couple more hours:

i'm now 83-10 (89.2%)

had 2 dumb losses against a Lars/Law button masher.

the rest are against match-ups i don't know very well, especially against new characters (Angel, Kunimitsu, etc).

good, quality, back and forth matches i had maybe 5 or 6, the rest was dumbing down to the level of the button mashers to beat them at their own game.

no originality in the teams. combinations of Mishimas, twin Kings, twin Laws, Asuka + Jun, Nina + Anna... maybe a dozen matches didn't feature those.

haven't tried player match yet.

also, i liked Tekken 6 costumization better...

Good luck. Once you get into the depth of things, it's going to be a very rewarding experience. If you're going online, I would suggest you not get frustrated. There are going to be people doing things that might seem unfair (spamming/combos) but nothing in this game is unfair and everything can be overcome. If you have any troubles, just ask in this thread and I'm 99.9% sure there will be a solution to that problem. And this game has online practice mode so if you ever need to practice with others here, just post. :)

Yeah, luckily frustration is never a big issue for me. I'm a competitive guy, but I never mind taking my lumps learning a new thing, just part of the process. Plus I never have the time to really ever get "good" so if I wasn't ok with taking a good number of losses I'd not play fighting game at all. Also I played some for the first time tonight and actually eeked out a win or two and was at least competitive in most of my matches. I forget how nice it is to be playing a game with an actual big, active player base, meaning that there are still plenty of other total beginners at the low ranks to learn along with.

I can tell that wakeup / ground game is where I'm going to have to figure some stuff out. I'm used to games where the wakeup is either quick rise or no quick rise and I don't think that I'm making good use of my options here in TTT2. One of the players who really crushed me did a great job of always seeming to be in the right place to keep pressure on me wherever I rolled or moved to on wakeup. Maybe I'm to predicable about the ways that I'm getting off the ground.

Getting used to the combo / string system at little bit as well. At first I was having trouble starting strings as I was thinking about them as cancels, I was trying to delay the second button press until after the first hit, but it seems like that's not how they work in Tekken. I had better luck tapping out the first two hits in the string as a hit confirm and then putting the rest of the move in after I could verify the first hit or block. Is that how it usually works?

man, i'm trolling ranked at this point. spamming AK 3+4, 2 haha.

i think i'm done with ranked, i'll move to player matches since apparently that's where the good players are.

Degen

playing GAF and playing offline are really paying off

I still make dumb mistakes but overall my main team is on another level

If anyone wants to play some casuals tonight, I'm down

I shall try to make this happen. Not sure exactly when but I'll let you know.

Oh, and hi Tekken-GAF. Just picked up the PS3 version. Been playing Tekken off and on since Tekken 3 came out but have been pretty much always scrub-tier. I hope to make at least some effort to be better here, or at least have fun trying. My PSN is Amishpriest.

Degen

if I manage to play you guys on PSN tonight (like 6:30pm EST at the earliest), watch out... I'm doing Ogre's Waning Moon throw outside of training mode now lol

can you beat that AND king's ss3+4? Prolly not

DEATH™

if I manage to play you guys on PSN tonight (like 6:30pm EST at the earliest), watch out... I'm doing Ogre's Waning Moon throw outside of training mode now lol

can you beat that AND king's ss3+4? Prolly not

Nothing can't be outspaced in this game bro...

AAK

I realized why my matches have been so laggy recently. It appears my ISP dropped my upload speed to 400kbps. :(

I played a little online tonight and I can confirm it's like I'm playing underwater :(

Dereck

I realized why my matches have been so laggy recently. It appears my ISP dropped my upload speed to 400kbps. :(

I played a little online tonight and I can confirm it's like I'm playing underwater :(
I saw your match against Kane, good one.

Degen

okay it's about time Armor King got off the front of my WTF page goddamn

I mean he's a cool character and all but I haven't mained him since, what, November?

...also I'm back now so let me know if you guys wanna brawl

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah I completely forgot 99% of the combos and stuff I learned. Tekken is one of those games you have to play constantly.

AAK

Wow... now it keeps telling me the game session no longer exists for every invite. I guess I won't be playing tonight, sorry guys :(

AAK

Alright I'll try that.

EDIT: Same message, telling me the session doesn't exist anymore, and when Kadey invited me, it kept saying I'm disconnected with the host.

Top Bottom