• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

If you guys can't all get into a lobby then I can create one. I dont think you all have any problems while trying to join my lobby. Just give me about 15 minutes please.

Add me too so I can invite easier. devastator_TTT2

AAK

Damn, Sayah can't join :(

If you guys can't all get into a lobby then I can create one. I dont think you all have any problems while trying to join my lobby. Just give me about 15 minutes please.

I like this idea

Sayah

Me and AAK have tried this before as well. Our connections are inconsistent. I had to work around with the firewall settings on my router and only then was I able to invite AAK to my lobbies. Still couldn't join any lobbies that he created, though. Just moved the PS3 yesterday to another room and my internet settings were all reset as a result. Will have to work on this tomorrow and fix stuff up.

Damn, Sayah can't join :(

I like this idea

Yeah, we can still try it out, though.

So should I create that lobby to see if AAK and Sayah can join or are you guys and gal cool playing in AAK's lobby?

*edit*
Nevermind Sayah just signed off.

Sayah

So should I create that lobby to see if AAK and Sayah can join or are you guys and gal cool playing in AAK's lobby?

*edit*
Nevermind Sayah just signed off.

Yeah, sorry. I was trying to fix the router settings. Have failed so far. Will try to get Nat type 2 by tomorrow.

Degen

I dunno what to think about AAK while he's on this Grandmaster King bull

he is in a position to main the jaguars if he wants to, with his beastin Armor King

he could theoretically tear it up with my dream team (King/Jaycee) because he already has her at tourney level

but he goes with

ASUKA

KT812Mx.gif

and worst of all I can't even stop him because he can actually use the team

should I be more ashamed of AAK or myself? I just don't know

ggs though... I guess...

AAK

he could theoretically tear it up with my dream team (King/Jaycee) because he already has her at tourney level

there's the Problem! I roll with Julia, not that masked imposter! Haha

Asuka is supposed to be the heart of that team bro, King is that fraudulent secondary with a bunch of cool grabs... some little student wishing to graduate to armor status ;)

real talk, I wanted to learn Asuka, so I paired her up with King after the beatdown Howling put me through.

DEATH™

there's the Problem! I roll with Julia, not that masked imposter! Haha

Asuka is supposed to be the heart of that team bro, King is that fraudulent secondary with a bunch of cool grabs... some little student wishing to graduate to armor status ;)

real talk, I wanted to learn Asuka, so I paired her up with King after the beatdown Howling put me through.

I'll teach you with King while you teach me Jaycee, will that be cool?

Yes, I said Jaycee. Jaycee df+3+4 > Julia df+3+4.

Wrestlers...

P.S. Armor King wishes he can be as fun to play as King...

AAK

I don't know what you're talking about Julia always had the hurricanrana (Her side throw) :p

Julia's not that hard. Get up in their face, force the 50/50 mixup between FC,d.f+4,3 and any damaging mid. Once their juggled, have a crazy TA partner (like Hwoarang) kill their health bar or if their' knocked down mix up between d/f+3 and other ground hits for oki. rinse and repeat!

OH yeah, and grab here and there. ;)

That King team of mine is beyond tertiary though... spending way more time with Kaz/DJin ; Angel/Michelle ; and of coarse Hei/AKng.

I haven't played AAK in some time now. We need to setup matches.

Oh yes :) Sucks about or connections though :(

And amazing games devastator. Good god, you broke like 15/20 grabs I did on you during our set. That was some amazing reactions there!

And amazing games devastator. Good god, you broke like 15/20 grabs I did on you during our set. That was some amazing reactions there!

Yeah, absolutely amazing games. I had no intention of playing that long and before I knew it it was close to midnight. My poor dogs were dying to go outside to use the bathroom for so long haha. I know we havent played all that much but I think this is the first time I've ever beaten you. Must have been my lucky day. Honestly I think all but maybe 2 or 3 of those throw breaks were pure luck. I think we played 29 matches and it was 12-17 in your favor of course. I wish we had those matches earlier when Kadey was still streaming. They would have made for some great entertainment. Everyone would have got to see my fraudulent wins. Gonna regret playing that much though when morning comes and I wont even be able to make a fist.

By the way can you tell me the numbers for the color pallete on Angel's frilly top/skirt. I love the color I have on her now but the color you have looks damn good on her too.

well, that was short lived. sold the game. i have no local scene and the online is awful (the competition, not the online component itself).

i spent the last 40 or so matches just trolling because there's no incentive in playing the game in a serious manner, since 90% of the folks just mash random shit. maybe i'll give Tekken 7 a shot one day.

cool, i had a card:

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/xbox/2533274985145079

edit: lol, my old account. i barely used this one, my brother did 95%of the matches since i had a job at the time. we played the same chars, just in different teams. we was better than me, i wonder if i could beat him now.

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/xbox/2533274955441900

he also played solo for some reason, which makes him a scrub, lol.

Dereck

well, that was short lived. sold the game. i have no local scene and the online is awful (the competition, not the online component itself).

i spent the last 40 or so matches just trolling because there's no incentive in playing the game in a serious manner, since 90% of the folks just mash random shit. maybe i'll give Tekken 7 a shot one day.

cool, i had a card:

Tekken 7 will be interesting.

cool, i had a card:

Didn't realize XBL was that easy. Just searched someone I know plays on both systems. His PSN win ratio is almost 20% lower :lol

AAK

By the way can you tell me the numbers for the color pallete on Angel's frilly top/skirt. I love the color I have on her now but the color you have looks damn good on her too.

What.. there's numbers? I don't know I just randomly scrolled around the colors while mashing L1 and R1 until something came up that I liked lol. Next time I go on the game I'll have a look.

And to those who missed the top 8 of the KO matches it starts here:

http://www.twitch.tv/luckygengamers/b/365583594?t=1h54m59s
and continues here:
http://www.twitch.tv/luckygengamers/b/365624733

The commentators don't really play Tekken so they had no clue what was happening at certain times.

cool, i had a card:

edit: lol, my old account. i barely used this one, my brother did 95%of the matches since i had a job at the time. we played the same chars, just in different teams. we was better than me, i wonder if i could beat him now.

I guess it's too late but you could have made an account at Tekkenzaibatsu.com and looked for online competition there. There are quite a few active players there who play non ranked games. You could have joined them.

cool, i had a card:

Unfortunately, I don't have a local scene near me either, so it's either online play or ghost battle for me. :( I heard the competition is quite different on XBox Live, but that's really strange since I had a plethora of Tekken 6 buddies and met so many players online who were amazing at Tekken 6. I thought they would be playing TTT2 ASAP, but maybe they moved on to COD or something. There is definitely no button mashing on the PSN because from what I've encountered, at least 90% of the players range from professional to solid, especially in ranked. I am ashamed of how many hours I poured into the game and I am still not professional level yet. I think I am improving, but I need to work on learning how to fight all of the characters, especially Hwoarang and his near unstoppable strings since so many people pick him(must be top tier or something). TTT2 is a phenomenal game and arguably my favorite fighter of all time which is saying a lot since I've been players fighters for many years, but the game can be so overwhelming defensively because there is so much to memorize and learn. I don't really know what to expect from Tekken 7. Tekken X Street Fighter still has a way to go for completion to my knowledge, so maybe we will see Tekken 7 in 2015-2016 or something lol.

Man. What are you supposed to do with Nina at range? My whiff punishers always end up whiffing themselves. :(

Her lows are really lacking too. She's a great character, no doubt. But it's so hard to win with her when you're as bad as me.

Sayah

Unfortunately, I don't have a local scene near me either, so it's either online play or ghost battle for me. :( I heard the competition is quite different on XBox Live, but that's really strange since I had a plethora of Tekken 6 buddies and met so many players online who were amazing at Tekken 6. I thought they would be playing TTT2 ASAP, but maybe they moved on to COD or something. There is definitely no button mashing on the PSN because from what I've encountered, at least 90% of the players range from professional to solid, especially in ranked. I am ashamed of how many hours I poured into the game and I am still not professional level yet. I think I am improving, but I need to work on learning how to fight all of the characters, especially Hwoarang and his near unstoppable strings since so many people pick him(must be top tier or something). TTT2 is a phenomenal game and arguably my favorite fighter of all time which is saying a lot since I've been players fighters for many years, but the game can be so overwhelming defensively because there is so much to memorize and learn. I don't really know what to expect from Tekken 7. Tekken X Street Fighter still has a way to go for completion to my knowledge, so maybe we will see Tekken 7 in 2015-2016 or something lol.

If you are using Nina, then u/f+3 or d+1 work well against hwoarang pressure. We can practice online, though, if you want and test stuff out.

Man. What are you supposed to do with Nina at range? My whiff punishers always end up whiffing themselves. :(

Her lows are really lacking too. She's a great character, no doubt. But it's so hard to win with her when you're as bad as me.

d+4, 1. You can branch off to several different paths from that move including her SS 4 (low) or her SS 1 (which can be followed up with its own variety of attacks). Nina really shines at range play b/c she's a pressure character with a great number of mixups. But she is one of the more technical characters in the game so it takes some time to learn her movement and attack patterns.

Unfortunately you can't juggle off of her bitch slap anymore which was very disappointing for me. And the inclusion of her new bound move f+2,1,1+2 sometimes messes up my inputs for qcf+2.

d+4, 1. You can branch off to several different paths from that move including her SS 4 (low) or her SS 1 (which can be followed up with its own variety of attacks). Nina really shines at range play b/c she's a pressure character with a great number of mixups. But she is one of the more technical characters in the game so it takes some time to learn her movement and attack patterns.

Unfortunately you can't juggle off of her bitch slap anymore which was very disappointing for me. And the inclusion of her new bound move f+2,1,1+2 sometimes messes up my inputs for qcf+2.

Does d+4,1 have that much range? I've practiced her SS cancels and mixups but I can never get them to work in battle. SS+1 is definitely one of her best tools. There's so many options out of that.

I did find out today that b+4 on counter hit gives a free b+1+4. That won me a match. :D

Sayah

Does d+4,1 have that much range? I've practiced her SS cancels and mixups but I can never get them to work in battle. SS+1 is definitely one of her best tools. There's so many options out of that.

I did find out today that b+4 on counter hit gives a free b+1+4. That won me a match. :D

Oh, nvm. I thought you were talking about close range. As in, being "in attacking range" to the opponent. From a distance, I would say use u/f+1. u/f+4,3,4 can also take opponents by surprise and can be cancelled into her sidestep moves. But it can also be parried or punished so be careful of that (You probably already know these things, lol). d/b+2 may also be another viable option from a distance especially if it counter hits or catches your opponent against a wall.

Other than that, you can also cancel her b+2,2,2 slaps into a sidestep and follow up with SS+1 or SS+4.

Oh, nvm. I thought you were talking about close range. As in, being "in attacking range" to the opponent. From a distance, I would say use u/f+1. u/f+4,3,4 can also take opponents by surprise and can be cancelled into her sidestep moves. But it can also be parried or punished so be careful of that (You probably already know these things, lol). d/b+2 may also be another viable option from a distance especially if it counter hits or catches your opponent against a wall.

Other than that, you can also cancel her b+2,2,2 slaps into a sidestep and follow up with SS+1 or SS+4.

I wasn't aware you could cancel the slaps. I don't really use that move or u/f+4,3,4 so I will try to incorporate those.

I forgot db+2 existed :lol that's exactly what I needed. f,f+3 was just too slow.

What do you think of her new f,f+2? Any good?

Top Bottom