• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

GGs to all.

I don't know about that list, lol. I've been in UN meetings and Canada isn't exactly.......hmm...I don't know. I'll stay quiet.

Tell me more! Hehehe

Also, kinda pissed about Cross Counter, inviting Aris to come over and advertising the show to talk about the tekken community, but when the show comes, they didn't even talk about anything tekken related... They just made aris and tasty steve play SG, and watch ae and marvel...

Sayah

DEATH™;47658747 said:
Tell me more! Hehehe
Well, for one, #77 is wrong. Canada isn't a permanent member of the Security Council. Only the select few big powers get to have permanent veto power which, of course, shows the undemocratic nature of how the UN is being run. And two, Canada is practically U.S.'s bitch at the UN. :p

That isn't to say Canada isn't great. It is.

Played some Feng/Asuka today. I have no idea what I'm doing with Asuka but Feng is really, really strong in this game. With Nina/Anna I had to work so hard for every hit, but I'm amazed by some of the shit I'm able to get away with using this team. :lol

Feng's CH b+1, b+1+2 is soo satisfying.

Yep, good sparring. You got an amazing Nina/Anna team. The thing I noticed is that you can do a lot more significant damage from combos and walls. You know the combos yet sometimes you do f+1 punches followed by Anna's f+3,2 or Nina's f+4,3,3 in combos. Not sure why you sometimes don't do the full combo using d/f+3,2 followup after launcher with them before doing the bound. But still, really amazing skills and team.

And yes, looking forward to playing again.

Thank you. I really appreciate that and the advice. I'm going to work on better wall combos and admittedly, I went blank on some of those advanced combos and decided to substitute with f+1 lol. I definitely wasn't maximizing damage like I should of at certain times. That combo you did that went into the wall that took off about 70% of my bar was truly AMAZING. @_@ Great stuff.

Teach me how to play with Lee.

Sure, anytime. I've played Lee since Tekken 2. I'm just happy Violet's in the game so I can pick Lee twice xD They're pretty much the same, but Violet's got dat sexy Acid Rain combo (which I pulled off successfully online last night. yay) and a better f,n,3,4.

As I said before, I've never really played great Nina/Anna players and there were two last night lol. Will have to watch the replays. GGs.

DEATH™

Now that I have a new SSD, my streams will be even better. I can finally unlock my full 16GBs of ram. :)

That means slower load times for me... :(

I hope we get a better interwebs when we move..

PS ZTS is on GAF now... He needs to come here and say hi to wonkey...

OMG, I've gotten so much better with my mixup game with the Laws, oooooo.

The best match ever at 25:20

http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/366851158

EDIT: No, 20:16

Is that Rhazer playing the Williams' near the beginning? Why did I never think of crouch dashing out of Anna's d/f+3,2 into a multi-throw? That looks cheap as fuck haha. I'll need to try that out.

Also, I see Sayah using Jinpachi/Ancient Ogre. That was my other online team. Seems we like the same characters. :p

Sayah

Is that Rhazer playing the Williams' near the beginning? Why did I never think of crouch dashing out of Anna's d/f+3,2 into a multi-throw? That looks cheap as fuck haha. I'll need to try that out.

Also, I see Sayah using Jinpachi/Ancient Ogre. That was my other online team. Seems we like the same characters. :p

Nah, that's not Rhazer. He's another Williams player I added from ranked.
And yeah, I use Jinpachi/AO sometimes. Pretty cool team.

ZTS

Banned
BTW I recently discovered a really bad glitch in this game. Pretty much this is how it works. For some reason in Tag 2 if you duck a high string while it is animating and try to do a FC command normal it will not register.

What I mean by this is say you are play Law and you do a d/f+1 and are at -1 and you anticipate the opponent will do a 12 so you want to duck the 12 and do an E-slide. The game will literally NOT recognized the e-slide command until the opponent has recovered from the wiffed high attack.

It only happens when you duck something that is active. In other orders if you are already in FC and they do a high string then you can input your FC command and it will work however if you enter FC and try to do it during the frames after the button has been pressed it will not recognized the inputs.

This is kinda big for characters like Law, Lee, Anna, Wang, and other character that would like to duck and use a FC low to punish a high.

It's crazy to think this hasn't been discovered yet. I bet a lot of people have brushed this off as missed inputs but literally it's a glitch in the game.

Doomshine

BTW I recently discovered a really bad glitch in this game. Pretty much this is how it works. For some reason in Tag 2 if you duck a high string while it is animating and try to do a FC command normal it will not register.

What I mean by this is say you are play Law and you do a d/f+1 and are at -1 and you anticipate the opponent will do a 12 so you want to duck the 12 and do an E-slide. The game will literally NOT recognized the e-slide command until the opponent has recovered from the wiffed high attack.

It only happens when you duck something that is active. In other orders if you are already in FC and they do a high string then you can input your FC command and it will work however if you enter FC and try to do it during the frames after the button has been pressed it will not recognized the inputs.

This is kinda big for characters like Law, Lee, Anna, Wang, and other character that would like to duck and use a FC low to punish a high.

It's crazy to think this hasn't been discovered yet. I bet a lot of people have brushed this off as missed inputs but literally it's a glitch in the game.

Aris noticed this in practice mode on one of his streams, he was ducking the second hit of Law's shaolin kicks and couldn't do FC df+4,3.

mr_boo

GGs guys it was fun. Gotta stop mucking around with all these other brawler rank characters and learn to make Lei solid lol.

Oh and AAK, sucks about the super lag in that one match. :(
Make your Lei solid? Lol...I've been in a lobby with you before, and after watching your Lei ... I was embarrassed to bring my Lei to the lobby.

DEATH™

They did that because the crouching are meant to crush highs. Keeping on crouch is kinda like a move itself, soit will crush the high first. If the crouching animation has a attack, it will hit like it should, i.e. doing crouch jabs. It's been like that for a while. Doesnt stop me from using King FC df+2.

Sayah

Ok Sayah are you going to Winter Brawl or Final Round?

Unfortunately, no. Maybe in the future. I have to make sure I'm fully prepped for any tournament I go to again. I was way too nervous at Apex and also wasn't fully prepared to play without shoulder buttons (even though I thought I was). Messed up a lot of combos and inputs as a result.

Depending on things, I might be able to have a lobby tonight.

Looking forward to this if there is one.

ZTS

Banned
DEATH™;47735197 said:
They did that because the crouching are meant to crush highs. Keeping on crouch is kinda like a move itself, soit will crush the high first. If the crouching animation has a attack, it will hit like it should, i.e. doing crouch jabs. It's been like that for a while. Doesnt stop me from using King FC df+2.

It was not like that in Tekken 6. It's brand new to Tag 2 and it's a very bad thing. There is essentially not reason for it so I assume it is a glitch. I don't think you like understand what I mean like the games makes it impossible to do inputs it's not by design. Literally you can be on crouch for like a whole second it doesn't matter your inputs are ignored. Only thing that works is generic FC moves and WS moves.

It is really bad for like I said THOSE characters. Anna, Wang, Lee, Law, anyone that operates on a strong FC mix up. It means even if you anticipate a move correctly you are punished by being input locked for no reason. It hurts Anna the most because she has no quick WS launcher she is suppose to be able to duck highs and do FC d/f+2.

ZTS

Banned
Unfortunately, no. Maybe in the future. I have to make sure I'm fully prepped for any tournament I go to again. I was way too nervous at Apex and also wasn't fully prepared to play without shoulder buttons (even though I thought I was). Messed up a lot of combos and inputs as a result.

Looking forward to this if there is one.

Listen man you're a nut, a UOP, a psycho but you have lots of potential. You are one of the up and coming EC players and I want to see you out at more events. I will room you at WinterBrawl and/or Final Round if you want to go.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So are there any pro Jun players I can x-copy? It's kinda hard to find good stuff on YouTube. I mostly get like, random online warriors who are uploading their ranked matches and shit.

AAK

So are there any pro Jun players I can x-copy? It's kinda hard to find good stuff on YouTube. I mostly get like, random online warriors who are uploading their ranked matches and shit.

In North America you can check out Ace unlimited.

As far as Korean players ill post some links when I get home. Currently on the bus and I don't want to navigate YouTube on my phone :p

Sayah

Listen man you're a nut, a UOP, a psycho but you have lots of potential. You are one of the up and coming EC players and I want to see you out at more events. I will room you at WinterBrawl and/or Final Round if you want to go.

Really appreciate the offer but I won't be able to go to either. Got a lot of other things going on right now that are keeping me overly occupied.

Top Bottom