• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

I think Namco Bandai should hire him.

I wasn't aware you could cancel the slaps. I don't really use that move or u/f+4,3,4 so I will try to incorporate those.

I forgot db+2 existed :lol that's exactly what I needed. f,f+3 was just too slow.

What do you think of her new f,f+2? Any good?

Yeah with both b+2,2,2 and u/f+4,3,4, you can can sidestep cancel right when doing the third slap/kick in the chain.

And I honestly don't use f,f+2........ever.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
How am I beating people who have thousands of matches logged and I barely have over 100?

It's kind of crazy how people can play so many games and not learn much of anything from it.

How am I beating people who have thousands of matches logged and I barely have over 100?

It's kind of crazy how people can play so many games and not learn much of anything from it.

I just saw a guy on PR Rog's stream who had over 10,000 Mahvel games logged, almost 50% win rate, did some day one online shit like raw Phoenix supers

also, why is TTT2 red-bar connection better than Marvel 3 4 green bars

Sayah

I wanted to play more Marvel 3 online but the netcode is really preventing me from investing more time into it. It's hard to go from TTT2 netcode to UMvC3 netcode.

It's weird, because you can get some fantastic almost lag free matches from Marvel. Just forget about it if it's any sort of Lobby.

Funny how Red bars in Tekken is better than most Marvel green bars. Just shows how good that old SCV netcode is.

If you are using Nina, then u/f+3 or d+1 work well against hwoarang pressure. We can practice online, though, if you want and test stuff out.

d+4, 1. You can branch off to several different paths from that move including her SS 4 (low) or her SS 1 (which can be followed up with its own variety of attacks). Nina really shines at range play b/c she's a pressure character with a great number of mixups. But she is one of the more technical characters in the game so it takes some time to learn her movement and attack patterns.

Unfortunately you can't juggle off of her bitch slap anymore which was very disappointing for me. And the inclusion of her new bound move f+2,1,1+2 sometimes messes up my inputs for qcf+2.

Cool. Thanks Sayah. Just let me know when you are online and we can practice. I'm usually on at night. I am still trying to get my William sisters within the same universe as yours. Still got a ways to go lol. :p I actually know about the d+1, but it seems like my execution is off sometimes and then I get caught in his strings about 50%. Probably my timing. Didn't know that the u/f + 3 worked. I will definitely try that out. For some crazy reason, I love playing complicated, deep characters such as Nina and Anna.

Yeah with both b+2,2,2 and u/f+4,3,4, you can can sidestep cancel right when doing the third slap/kick in the chain.

And I honestly don't use f,f+2........ever.

I thought it was a decent move. You get guaranteed blonde bomb after it. I guess there are better options though.

I'm so tired of fighting the same characters online. Almost 60 characters and only 10 or so ever get used.

Sayah

Cool. Thanks Sayah. Just let me know when you are online and we can practice. I'm usually on at night. I am still trying to get my William sisters within the same universe as yours. Still got a ways to go lol. :p I actually know about the d+1, but it seems like my execution is off sometimes and then I get caught in his strings about 50%. Probably my timing. Didn't know that the u/f + 3 worked. I will definitely try that out. For some crazy reason, I love playing complicated, deep characters such as Nina and Anna.

Cool. I'll be on right about now if you wanna head online. Though, I STILL have nat 3 connection. Probably won't be able to get rid of it until a week later.

I thought it was a decent move. You get guaranteed blonde bomb after it. I guess there are better options though.

I'm so tired of fighting the same characters online. Almost 60 characters and only 10 or so ever get used.

Yeah, you can follow up with the blonde bomb or her qcf+2 but I just haven't really ever used it.

It's weird, because you can get some fantastic almost lag free matches from Marvel. Just forget about it if it's any sort of Lobby.

Funny how Red bars in Tekken is better than most Marvel green bars. Just shows how good that old SCV netcode is.

Online will never be equivalent to offline play but I just hope next gen consoles can help make significant improvements in online experiences.

This is not true from my experience. Variety has dropped a bit over time, but I still run into about half the cast on a regular basis in ranked.

Characters I see frequently: Laws, Lars, Asuka, Jun/Unknown, Bob/Slim Bob, Capos, Feng, King, Alisa, Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Lili, Baek, Paul, Xiayou/Miharu, Lee/Violet

Characters I see infrequently: Devil Jin, Bruce, Jinpachi, Jaycee, Nina, Anna, Steve, Bryan, Yoshimitsu, Leo, Marduk, Armor King, Hwoarang, Lei, Miguel, Dragunov, Dr. B

Almost never see: Bears, Jacks, Alex, Roger, Ogre, True Ogre, Angel, Michelle, Kunimitsu, Wang, Zafina, Raven, Ganryu, Sebastian

DEATH™

That's why offline >>> online.

PS I'm kinda feeling like one of those people maining kings... but I dont wanna switch just yet... Finding tech with king is fun...

PSS theres too many bryans around..

Sayah

Most annoying online:

MIHARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't mind Xiaoyu but miharu is another story.

Followed probably by Bob's and Jun/Asuka/Unknown teams.

AAK

Most annoying online:

MIHARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Secretly starts building Miharu team*

Haha, honestly my worst matchups are by far Mirror matchups. I don't know why, when I face another Hwoarang or a Julia I freak out and almost 70% of the time lose. But they still end up becoming good matches.

The characters I loathe to fight against are by FAR Lars/Leo.... It's too easy for the guy you're playing to put pressure on you. And when you lose to a fatal 50/50 it's devastation for you considering their damage. And their freiking crush moves like Lightning screw and Leo's AOP stances are too good for getting out of pressure situations. Also... WHO THE HELL though it was a good idea to give Lars's orbital heel tag bufferable properties???

Please Harada.... NO Lars/Leo for TxSF! Or at least make their move properties complement how easy it is to use them!!

Cool. I'll be on right about now if you wanna head online. Though, I STILL have nat 3 connection. Probably won't be able to get rid of it until a week later.

Yeah, you can follow up with the blonde bomb or her qcf+2 but I just haven't really ever used it.

Online will never be equivalent to offline play but I just hope next gen consoles can help make significant improvements in online experiences.

Good sparring tonight Sayah. Amazing combos and skills. Keep it up. Play you later.

Most annoying online:

MIHARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, Miharu is more annoying than Xiayou??? @_@ Fighting a good Xiayou player can be the epitome of frustration and she is even worst? Glad I do not run into her often.

Hmmm....I have quite a bit of nights like that also. I fight a lot of Hwoarangs, Lars', Laws, Pauls, Asukas, Juns, Jins, Bruces, Lilis and Bobs.

Haha, honestly my worst matchups are by far Mirror matchups. I don't know why, when I face another Hwoarang or a Julia I freak out and almost 70% of the time lose. But they still end up becoming good matches.

The characters I loathe to fight against are by FAR Lars/Leo.... It's too easy for the guy you're playing to put pressure on you. And when you lose to a fatal 50/50 it's devastation for you considering their damage. And their freiking crush moves like Lightning screw and Leo's AOP stances are too good for getting out of pressure situations. Also... WHO THE HELL though it was a good idea to give Lars's orbital heel tag bufferable properties???

Please Harada.... NO Lars/Leo for TxSF! Or at least make their move properties complement how easy it is to use them!!

Yeah, sometimes mirror matches mess with me also. Have no idea why. I feel your pain AAK. I also really, really detest fighting Lars with all of his seemingly safe moves and eccentric, rapid movement. I don't really mind Leo, but she can be annoying also at times.

This is not true from my experience. Variety has dropped a bit over time, but I still run into about half the cast on a regular basis in ranked.

Characters I see frequently: Laws, Lars, Asuka, Jun/Unknown, Bob/Slim Bob, Capos, Feng, King, Alisa, Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Lili, Baek, Paul, Xiayou/Miharu, Lee/Violet

Characters I see infrequently: Devil Jin, Bruce, Jinpachi, Jaycee, Nina, Anna, Steve, Bryan, Yoshimitsu, Leo, Marduk, Armor King, Hwoarang, Lei, Miguel, Dragunov, Dr. B

Almost never see: Bears, Jacks, Alex, Roger, Ogre, True Ogre, Angel, Michelle, Kunimitsu, Wang, Zafina, Raven, Ganryu, Sebastian

I was exaggerating, but it does seem like every team has a Bryan, Law, Hwoarang or some combination of those on it. And it just so happens they're the characters I do worst against. I wish there were character usage stats on the WTF. Would be interesting.

I think I need a break from Nina/Anna. I've completely forgotten how to use anyone else. :lol

Most annoying online:

MIHARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is she really much better than Xiaoyu? from playing her briefly, I don't care about her slight changes compared to Ling.

I can't fight most Bob/Slim Bob and Asuka/Jun users for shit.

Ha, I have a buddy on here that just started playing Tekken and only used those 4 characters. xD

DEATH™

Is she really much better than Xiaoyu? from playing her briefly, I don't care about her slight changes compared to Ling.

hurts...
Ha, I have a buddy on here that just started playing Tekken and only used those 4 characters. xD

She's not really better... just different... Her FC df+4 is a good low... but having no BT layout kinda hurts

Sayah

Good sparring tonight Sayah. Amazing combos and skills. Keep it up. Play you later.

Yep, good sparring. You got an amazing Nina/Anna team. The thing I noticed is that you can do a lot more significant damage from combos and walls. You know the combos yet sometimes you do f+1 punches followed by Anna's f+3,2 or Nina's f+4,3,3 in combos. Not sure why you sometimes don't do the full combo using d/f+3,2 followup after launcher with them before doing the bound. But still, really amazing skills and team.

And yes, looking forward to playing again.

hahaha, I also hate mirror matches. And yeah, Lars/Leo combination is way too deadly. So easy to wall carry opponents with that team even from a very far distance.

Wait, Miharu is more annoying than Xiayou??? @_@ Fighting a good Xiayou player can be the epitome of frustration and she is even worst? Glad I do not run into her often.

Miharu isn't any better than Xiaoyu. It's just her annoying voice that irritates me like nothing else. In fact, I hate her wholly as a character. So damn annoying. Hard to describe it but yeah..........I didn't hate her in Tekken 4 but in this game I do.

DEATH™

It's like every Bob string has a low in it.

Which is actually a good thing now... I got annoyed by that before until I learned to actually low parry...

Not to mention too that he can't launch punish -15, so basically I can spam low crush launchers...

@sayah

AAAAAAEEE!!!

tumblr_mboqy4gwlc1r0lwogo1_500.jpg

Look how adorable she is!!! How can you hate her???

Sayah

Sayah, thanks for the games! I'm glad I was able to win a couple. I honestly haven't played against anyone other than random online people and even them not much. I obviously have to learn Nina and Anna a little better xD

Good matches everyone.

Sayah

DEATH™;47654635 said:
You guys are still playing?

Yes. I sent an invite to your account if you want to join.

Sayah, thanks for the games! I'm glad I was able to win a couple. I honestly haven't played against anyone other than random online people and even them not much. I obviously have to learn Nina and Anna a little better xD

Good matches everyone.

GGs

Dereck

Good matches everyone.
Teach me how to play with Lee.

DEATH™

My internet is sooo bad...

Sorry guys...

And darn I picked up a bad habit of hopkicking everytime... should have picked lars instead trolololol . Im laughing at myself right now...

GGs to all of you guys...

GGs guys it was fun. Gotta stop mucking around with all these other brawler rank characters and learn to make Lei solid lol.

Oh and AAK, sucks about the super lag in that one match. :(

Top Bottom