• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sandfox

Added some if we're just talking on a character basis, not necessarily new styles.

And if we're being super technical, there's all the different Jacks, and the successors to Kuma, King & Armor King.

You forgot about Forest Law in Tekken 3.

Based DemoniK

Neo Member
I've been playing it since Wednesday now, and I've gotta say that this game is amazing. My buddy and I played for a while online from coast to coast while he was streaming, and it felt damn near lagless. The only thing I dislike is that the stages get "simplified" in that a lot of the background NPCs and effects are toned down or removed for online play. And at this time, there's an issue with auras/kis/pranas and the like showing up online, but that may or may not be fixed.

Also, I figured people would be pretty interested in some of the music that's not available on the soundtrack so I uploaded the Customization theme, which is easily the best piece of music in the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckmQq8Bf39g

Edit: Err, I'm not going to get the namcops on me for this post, right?

AAK

Come to think of it, how do one parry like Jin Kazama?

One CAN'T!

ibl1GCMKxOnKpn.gif

Thanks to Grayfox for the GIF.

Jamie OD

I've been playing it since Wednesday now, and I've gotta say that this game is amazing. My buddy and I played for a while online from coast to coast while he was streaming, and it felt damn near lagless. The only thing I dislike is that the stages get "simplified" in that a lot of the background NPCs and effects are toned down or removed for online play. And at this time, there's an issue with auras/kis/pranas and the like showing up online, but that may or may not be fixed.

Also, I figured people would be pretty interested in some of the music that's not available on the soundtrack so I uploaded the Customization theme, which is easily the best piece of music in the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckmQq8Bf39g

Edit: Err, I'm not going to get the namcops on me for this post, right?

Smooth song.

Horseress

OMG! I don't know how to make time goes by faster! What can I do?! The only 3D fighter I have now is VF5FS, but I don't know if this game will help me prepare to TTT2...

KAOS

Online is pretty smooth had a couple of matches yesterday from NY to Cali that played well. I'm loving the stages especially the multi-tiered ones. Loving the customization and unlocking stuff through ghost battle (making it easier to get some of the endings). Loving the endings, the dual cover, the anime style character panels, the led intro options, the music... This game is stacked!!! My only gripes so far are that deselecting a character takes you back to the main menu and that I encountered the stuttering that somebody mentioned offline (360 version). It seemed to have toned down once I installed the game. Don't know what could be causing it. I also wish there was a single character mode in offline and online.

Overall the game is awesome!

Caj814

Ending Spoiler:

Wang:
The Old/Dead/Unpopular character round table is fucking hilarious and also confirms the extra playable character rumor that popped up earlier with having Dr. B and Sebastian being involved

So I just saw AAK's redesigned first post.
Truly excellent!

And one more suggestion AAK, move this section:

- PSN Matchmaking MasterList
- XBL Matchmaking MasterList
- Space reserved for eventual NeoGAF Clan.
- Kadey's Stream Channel

to the top, right after release info. Since that is what people will be looking for, now it's kind of buried in the bottom stuff.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The graphics being simplified online is a bit weird / disappointing. On both platforms, PS3 and 360?

alstein

OMG! I don't know how to make time goes by faster! What can I do?! The only 3D fighter I have now is VF5FS, but I don't know if this game will help me prepare to TTT2...

VF5 has very little in common with TTT2 outside of frame punishing.

VF5 will prepare you more for DOA than Tekken.

GrayFoxPL

All movement in the backgrounds are apparently gone online, which is understandable. Like spectators, animals, and other moving objects.

I knew about this for a long time and it's not understandable to me at all. In terms of synchronization the background shouldn't be counted in netcode at all - it's not important to gameplay if on my screen guy in the background is jumping and on yours he's running.

The only logical explanation for me is that netcode itself is very complicated and CPU demanding so it was needed to cut off backgrounds and free enough CPU resources to get netcode to run.

CSX

The only logical explanation for me is that netcode itself is very complicated and CPU demanding so it was needed to cut off backgrounds and free enough CPU resources to get netcode to run.

thats basically what was said. Saving more CPU power for the netcode.

Top Bottom