• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Don't know if you're looking for a partner still, but I've recently picked up Duk, and it's been a lot of fun, though with a lot of failures and losses online. He's so different from my mains (Ling & Lei) ... Some references if anyone's interested in Duck: LYUG has a Bread & Butter on him, there's a good vid of AVP: Aeris vs OFDP (Jack & Duk) as well that's pretty fun too watch.

Interesting question for everyone, how do you compose your team member and order? For myself, I choose my teams based purely on what I think is fun. Don't care about netsu impact or anything. Regarding order, I start the round with whom I perceive is the lighter/pokier character.

Oh yes I know all about Marduk. TeeVo is one of Toronto's best players and he put me in loser's the last time I went there for a tournament (he's a Leo/Marduk user). Marduk is pretty damn good. At the wall, it's death, especially with his ground hitting grabs doing obscene damage and you are forced to guess what's going to come at you! Dunno why I didn't try him out, I'd like to... I'll eventually get to him :p The next character I wanna legitimately learn is Baek, dunno when I'll get around to it though :(

About team selection, I like using characters that take advantage of as many mechanics the game offers as possible. That's why I settled with Hwoarang because of his stance cancels give so much freedom in Tag Assaults along with his other tools like Air grabs, just frames, tech traps just make for a fun character to play as. Someone like Nina or Lei offer more but once I started getting proficient with JFSR I couldn't turn back. And I settled for Julia as secondary because she is so much scarier than Hwoarang, and more times that not I'll bring her in with Netsu which makes matters even more juicy for me :) Also, doesn't hurt Julia is the prettiest character in fighting games!

Started with Armor King/Heihachi... but Heihachi demands consistent execution and consummate wavedashing once you get to a certain level and Armor King's new improved tools just didn't mesh with my playstyle. Also have an Angel/Michelle team for fun to celebrate low tiers. All of my other teams of Asuka/King ; Leo/Zafina ; Anna/Jun ; DJin/Capos were made just so I could learn the characters after getting rolled up by them online or in tournament. T_T

Degen

so, Dragunov

he's kinda legit in this

How do you guys feel about the PS4 controller? I'm not entirely convinced about that d-pad, it looks like the buttons are a little too big and too close, but I guess I'll have to try it.
At first I thought it looked stupid but after visually breaking it down, it's probably gonna be a lot better than the Dualshock 3

Don't know if you're looking for a partner still, but I've recently picked up Duk, and it's been a lot of fun, though with a lot of failures and losses online. He's so different from my mains (Ling & Lei) ... Some references if anyone's interested in Duck: LYUG has a Bread & Butter on him, there's a good vid of AVP: Aeris vs OFDP (Jack & Duk) as well that's pretty fun too watch.
YES

Everyone should try Marmaduke because he'll change the way you think about the game

Interesting question for everyone, how do you compose your team member and order? For myself, I choose my teams based purely on what I think is fun. Don't care about netsu impact or anything. Regarding order, I start the round with whom I perceive is the lighter/pokier character.

Just like with almost every other fighting game, I gravitate toward the heavy hitters because I think they're more fun. Don't care about bonuses, tiers, team balance, etc. but I still try to make it work

Poking character goes first, yeah

I started playing T5 and T6 last year and picked Lili because I thought she was hot. No shame for me. I fiddled with Kazuya because he's cool, but when attempting to learn the game properly I heard he was advanced level and went away from him. Shortly before TTT2 came out I went through the entire T6 roster's movelist in practice mode and settled on Dragunov because his strings looked cool and brutal.

So Lili and Drag was my starting team in TTT2. After a lot of playing time I didn't really like the way Lili felt anymore and went in search for something else. Settled on Miguel because he looks cool and hits hard. Also his execution is super duper easy. I use a few more characters than that now, but those two are probably still my best. So basically if you hit hard, have easy execution or are hot (a bonus), welcome to the team.

As far as order goes, I just put whoever I'm feeling weakest with first to try and get some game reps and toughen them up. Fighting style doesn't particularly matter to me right now.

AAK

We actually have a full lobby.... and there's even more Gaffers online like MannyBigz. What's your PSN, we'll add you next hopefully.

Sayah

DEATH™;48069591 said:
GGs guys...

Sorry wonks for that last one... I think my internet's acting on me...

You were facing Wonkey who is in Australia. The long distance is causing the lag.

DEATH™

You were facing Wonkey who is in Australia. The long distance is causing the lag.

I wish I could blame it on that, but lately I got too many bad connections everywhere, even on ranked/other lobbies. It's frustrating sometimes...

I hope it changes though when we move...

AAK

My connection wasn't that good either... I thought it was just the Australia Canada length, but it wasn't a good connection with Sayah either in the match after :(

DEATH™

I wish though at least there's no lag spikes... This korean stick helped me alot... Can easily do B! iSW now and ffn moves are so easy, not to mention the wavedash. I can easily do EWGFs too when I practiced them (though not as consistent, it's 70%, just to show how good the stick is...) Circular gate is a gift too for me... easier to do GS with it... problem is it's hard to get a consistent rhythm when lag spikes happen...

Sayah

^^^^
Your playing really well from what I can tell. I also didn't know King had Rock Bottom as a move. That was pretty awesome when I saw that.

DEATH™

^^^^
Your playing really well from what I can tell. I also didn't know King had Rock Bottom as a move. That was pretty awesome when I saw that.

Yeah, Rock Bottom/AK Driver is FC db,d,DB 1+2. Purely bufferable just like GS that you can use after db+3, crouch jabs and after a tech... It should be a King/AK staple actually just how good it is.

At the same time though... That fight against Rhazer gave me much amounts of salt... Darn that was close... Gotta figure out that tenstring...

EDIT: gotta test someday if King d+2+3 will be guaranteed after a rock bottom... hehehe

Also, King f+1+4 is good... why didn't I use this as a poke before? This what King severely needs... Gotta use this more along with regular dropkick...

Good games guys. Yeah, there was lag on my end in several of those matches and it tampered with my movement and execution. I played so sloppy tonight and froze several times in the heat of battle, especially in the last rounds lol. To be truthfully honest, it seems like most of the matches I had after I left the room had pretty bad lag with 3 to 5 bar matches, so it might be something going on with TTT2's network as well. We'll play again soon. That was fun. You guys are all skilled and amazing.

I would of blamed it on the long distance death. I'm not even sure If I did a full combo during all that session. So wanted to show you guys the Deku combo.

But damn you guys were getting lag between each other....? That sucks.

Oh well, GGs everyone regardless.

AAK

Apparently my highest ranked character is now Angel.... sigh, I'm a fraudulent Hwoarang player :(

I just got Revengeance... and yes, it's spectacular! :)

AAK

Argh... someone tell me how to do King's rolling death cradle. I've been trying to input the last command and it's never working!

DEATH™

Argh... someone tell me how to do King's rolling death cradle. I've been trying to input the last command and it's never working!

There's no cheating on the inputs of RDC... You can only buffer the 1+2~1+2+3 part. Doing it on pad is a bad idea unless you're gonna button bind (which is lame :p takes out the manliness of RDC). That's why I highly recommend a stick...

MMT's technique is to use two hands, use the left for 1+3 and 2+4 part (the vertical inputs) and use the right hand for the 2+4 and 1+2~3 input (horizontal).

Mine is to use the index finger for 1+3, index + middle on 2+4, middle finger for 2+4, then 1+2~3 normally. Having the namco layout on SCV stick makes it possible...

So, loving King now?

P.S. learm all his multis, they are good way of damage. cd multis are his good lows, JGS multis are good oki setups... learn them...

AAK

He's cool... I actually just got rolled up by Texas's Overall earlier and then I went into practice mode screwing around with him to see if I could get anything LOL. Ended up just playing around with multigrabs.

AAK

Damn, I just tuned in :(

Gonna check out the archives. Love to explore some Finnish Tekken.

EDIT: DAAAAMNNN Why would you let it finish like this Killerdoll!?!? That raw tag :(

That was an amazing grand final though. But wow, Killerdoll dropped so many combo's.

MikeMyers

Anyone know a site that can help me with customizatioons?

I want to make:

- Goku
- Sailor Moon
- Terry Bogard
- Ichigo & Ishida
- InuYasha cast (InuYasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Sesshomaru)

yeah, I'm trying to make TTT2 into Anime All-Stars haha.

GrayFoxPL

I want to make:

- Goku
- Sailor Moon
- Terry Bogard
- Ichigo & Ishida

Good luck. Tag 2 customs are crap.

Out of my ideas I only managed to make very nice RE4 Leon and that's it. Everything else fell apart.

I want to make:

- Goku
- Sailor Moon
- Terry Bogard
- Ichigo & Ishida

I've seen decent Goku (Feng), Salor Moons (Lili and Asuka), and a Sango (Kuni) before. The rest also seem pretty doable too. Just gotta find the right characters with the right customs.

Top Bottom