• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

Anyone know a site that can help me with customizatioons?

I want to make:

- Goku
- Sailor Moon
- Terry Bogard
- Ichigo & Ishida
- InuYasha cast (InuYasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Sesshomaru)

yeah, I'm trying to make TTT2 into Anime All-Stars haha.

TZ... http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=125533

goku and sailor moon are easy except for the logo.

----

Im not gonna say ttt2 customs are crap, they are just different... decals give us a lot of possibilities...

Sayah

Good luck. Tag 2 customs are crap.

Out of my ideas I only managed to make very nice RE4 Leon and that's it. Everything else fell apart.

It's possible but it probably just takes much creativity. I've already seen a very well done misty and hatsune miku online.

MikeMyers

Good luck. Tag 2 customs are crap.

Out of my ideas I only managed to make very nice RE4 Leon and that's it. Everything else fell apart.

Yeah, I feel like customization was better in previous games.

9BB2496F-B6B5-4569-9F06-417E003B8DB5-400-0000003EB92396ED.jpg

Hmmm...I'll try to make that.

MikeMyers

Devastator is the man to talk to for customizations.

He had an AMAZING RE3 Jill that was near perfect.

Is he on NeoGAF or TZ?

I tried to make Sailor Moon with Asuka, but it came out weird. Same when I made InuYasha with Paul, it didnt let me remove the facial hair.

Degen

so like, Ogre can tag-cancel Waning Moon to give his partner a guaranteed throw that gets rid of all red life

If only there was a character that had a bunch of really damaging throws... gosh I'd sure main that character right there

AAK

Fun fact: Jack's tombstone is the most damaging untechable throw in the game from standing in the front. (Dr. B has the most damaging back throw, King/AKing/Roger/Alex got GS if you wanna include techable grabs)

BUT, why don't you just do a throw that is a juggle starter? Points to Marduk, Jack, Bob ;)

DEATH™

Fun fact: Jack's tombstone is the most damaging untechable throw in the game from standing in the front. (Dr. B has the most damaging back throw, King/AKing/Roger/Alex got GS if you wanna include techable grabs)

BUT, why don't you just do a throw that is a juggle starter? Points to Marduk, Jack, Bob ;)

King and AK's tombstone just do the same damage... 58... BEAT THAT...

AAK

DEATH™;48127412 said:
King and AK's tombstone just do the same damage... 58... BEAT THAT...

Pretty sure it's lower than Jack's. I think it's 53.

Regardless Marduk's f,f+1+2/ Bob's f,f+1+2/ Jack's d/f,d/f+2+4 >>> all other grabs :p

DEATH™

Regardless Marduk's f,f+1+2/ Bob's f,f+1+2/ Jack's d/f,d/f+2+4 >>> all other grabs :p

It's buffed in TTT2 Unlimited. It's 58 now... Same damage as Jacks. You can check it out if you like...

And Launcher grabs are meh... :p

Degen

Yeah, kinda funny that the jaguars' Tombstone did 52(?) damage in T6 when even Roger's was at 58

made no sense

DEATH™;48126671 said:
Lars?

EDIT degen test it out if King's cd multis can be done in time... red-health-removing multis Kreygasm
just got home; testing now. Giant Swing works of course

Ogre's (not Ancient Ogre's) Waning Moon > those

also Marduk can get a pretty easy 65 damage off his qcf2+4 and qcf1+3. You can't just roll out of the second part like King's Giant Swing. You have to guess right. And of course each throw is a different break so he has options

Degen

suddenly I hope I was wrong about throws being guaranteed

on an infinite stage, pick some combination of Ogre/AO/Wang and see how long you can Waning Moon tag cancel into Waning Moon tag cancel

please tell me this doesn't work outside of training mode

AAK

8101058942_cd090b4f1b_n.jpg

I need this. Is this Lars?

Yes it is. But I think a lot of characters can get that customization since the glasses, hair, and spandex shirt is generic for all characters. Only thing is that the military pants aren't universal for all characters. But you can still be creative.

However, the real challenge with that costume is messing with the decals to get that design on the upper body.

GrayFoxPL

I'm a FightingGM fanboy, but I think I bring him bad luck :(. Sorry GM :(.

I mained Leo in T6 but didn't play him in Tag 2 yet. So today I fixed a quick team with Paul who I also played last in T6. Went ranked and ...25 win streak. I was like o_O wtf I'm not that good. But Paul and Leo team just demolish everyone. I feel like there's no bad match up against them.

mr_boo

I'm a FightingGM fanboy, but I think I bring him bad luck :(. Sorry GM :(.

I mained Leo in T6 but didn't play him in Tag 2 yet. So today I fixed a quick team with Paul who I also played last in T6. Went ranked and ...25 win streak. I was like o_O wtf I'm not that good. But Paul and Leo team just demolish everyone. I feel like there's no bad match up against them.
Netsu Paul is such a heavy hitter, I've been on the wrong end of this death fist thingy so many times....

MikeMyers

So on another forum I was reading a thread about "Most Dominant Pokemon in History" in the sense of which Pokemon shaped the metagame the most, was always top tier, etc.

Who do you think the Tekken equivlent of that would be? I was thinking maybe Kazuya, he'd pretty broken in every game (except 3, which is because he wasn't in it).

Sayah

eeeeeh.......I really don't think tier lists matter as much. Panda/Kuma are B- yet you'll often see that team dominating in tournaments. Same for various other characters that are low-tiered.

As far as most dominant character, I would say it varies by game. Jin was dominant in T4, for example, but had significant changes in T5/T6. Though, Devil Jin has been able to remain in the S ranks in the past few games.

So on another forum I was reading a thread about "Most Dominant Pokemon in History" in the sense of which Pokemon shaped the metagame the most, was always top tier, etc.

Who do you think the Tekken equivlent of that would be? I was thinking maybe Kazuya, he'd pretty broken in every game (except 3, which is because he wasn't in it).

Maybe Hwoarang or Lars? I don't know. I probably fight them more than most other characters and they are usually tough to fight. Then again, with a fighting game with nearly 60 characters, I think it would be near impossible to balance it perfectly.

Sayah

Maybe Hwoarang or Lars? I don't know. I probably fight them more than most other characters and they are usually tough to fight. Then again, with a fighting game with nearly 60 characters, I think it would be near impossible to balance it perfectly.

Surprisingly, Tekken is way more balanced than mostly all other fighters. Just Lars and Bob probably need some nerfing.

Surprisingly, Tekken is way more balanced than mostly all other fighters. Just Lars and Bob probably need some nerfing.

Oh, I forgot about Bob heh......Yeah, TTT2 does seem pretty balanced. It definitely isn't like the old days of Street Fighter 2. Ryu/Ken domination days. At least in my arcades.

AAK

I'd say Heihachi. He was top tier in:

T3, TTT1, T5, T5DR, TTT2

Devil/Devil Jin was top tier in:

T2, TTTT1, T5DR, TTT2

Kazuya was top tier in:

T2, TTT1, T6.0, TTT2

Bryan was top tier in:

T5, T5DR, T6.0, T6BR

Nina was top tier in:

T4, T5.0, T6BR, TTT2

Regular Jin is different from Devil Jin :p He was only top tier in T3, T4, and now TTT2. Steve has also been extremely dominant in a lot of games. Also, Bob and Lars have been top tier in every game they've appeared in so far so it'll be interesting to see how Namco treats them in the future.

Sayah

Heihachi has been pretty damn good in pretty much every iteration.

And sorry Rhazer. I checked messages before signing off and noticed that I missed your message.

MikeMyers

I'd say Heihachi. He was top tier in:

T3, TTT1, T5, T5DR, TTT2

Devil/Devil Jin was top tier in:

T2, TTTT1, T5DR, TTT2

Kazuya was top tier in:

T2, TTT1, T6.0, TTT2

Bryan was top tier in:

T5, T5DR, T6.0, T6BR

Nina was top tier in:

T4, T5.0, T6BR, TTT2

Regular Jin is different from Devil Jin :p He was only top tier in T3, T4, and now TTT2. Steve has also been extremely dominant in a lot of games. Also, Bob and Lars have been top tier in every game they've appeared in so far so it'll be interesting to see how Namco treats them in the future.

Regular Jin is different from Devil Jin, yet you count T2 Devil with Devil Jin? lol

You also missed Tekken 1, in 2003 there was a T1 tier thread at TZ. I still have that post list saved actually

1.Armor King
2.King
3.Heihachi
4.Kazuya/Devil
5.Wang
6.Anna
7.Nina
8.Paul
9.Yoshi
10.Kuma
11.Michelle
12.Lee
13.Law
14.Kuni
15.P.Jack
16.Ganryu
17.Jack

A.King...easily the best. Elbow Sting (d/f+1) is like a +40 in this game!! What makes it worse, is that you can start juggles while your opponent is still in recoil animation from blocking the move! So basically, the only ways your opponent can avoid being constantly juggled is to evade (backdash) the d/f+1, hit him before it hits you, or get hit by it.
Not to mention he has powerful throws....GS, DDT (much easier execution in T1), and Tombstone. DDT-->low kick does exactly 50%, so 2 of those combos will kill.
He also has a Mishima WGF (and TGF), which is the only reason why he's better than....

King....same BS as A.King without a WGF.

Heihachi.....You think Heihachi does truckloads of damage in other Tekkens??
His juggles in this game take off at least 80%.
Can easily take off 95-100% off a WGF or CH WGF.
Has the REAL version of the Twin Pistons (i.e. TTT Devils Twin Pistons) unlike the simmered down versions of T2-T4 Hei, T3/TTT Jin, and TTT/T4 Kaz!!
Still suffers from block lag on some of his powerful moves, but that weakness is minute.

Kaz/Devil....Instant Twin Pistons, WGF, powerful juggles, good spacing techniques.
Just a very solid character all around.
Note: AFAIK, Devil does a little bit more damage than Kaz. I know this because the CPU once took off 50% of my bar with just one WGF.

Wang....HOLY CRAP!! Wang has THE EASIEST 100% combo in this game!!! It goes...

Waning Moon (2+4), run up, ws+2>1>1, 1, qcf+2 = dead opponent.

The stun from the Waning Moon is considerably longer in this game, so this combo is as easy as pie.
Plus, throws are inescapable in this game once you get grabbed.
This alone shoots him up in the tier list...I'd say he's above Anna, because now he's more of a threat in range 1 than she is.....and of course, he's a solid character.

Anna....aka Mrs. Poke-alopolis. I ranked her higher than Nina because her WS/FC game is a little better than Nina's with moves like Laws Flip Kick, Crouching Jab, Crouching Slap, etc.
ff+4 is good for oki.

Nina.....same as Anna without the WS/FC moves.

Paul....Pros=Powerful, good spacing.
Cons=Crappy recovery, lack of variety in moves.
Always a force to be reckoned with nonetheless, but almost all his moves either have bad recovery (Deathfist, Bone Breaker, Double Hop Kick) or substantial startup (Shredder, Quick Elbow).

Kuma.....Kuma deserves some attention. Whereas before, I had him dead last, after some more experimenting with him, I realized he has something that makes him better than I thought.....RANGE! His low jab stretches about 3 character distances away.....and low jabs actually hit low in this Tekken and not special-mid. So he can poke you LOW and FAST from an unusually far distance. And of course, f+1 and 2 add to his ability to poke from far away. Also, out of all the "Jack" characters, he is the only one whose Overhead Smash (df+1+2) hits grounded. So he can follow up a lot of juggles and throws (i.e. Stonehead) with this, whereas, the other "Jack" characters can only follow up in similar situations with an Ass Press (u/f+3+4), which does more bad than good sometimes, or a simple FC+3.
Kuma is definitely the best "Jack" character IMO because he has the best ranged game out of all of them.

As I never played T1 (besides against the AI), I have no idea how much credibility this list has. But I can generally see Mishimas being at top, at the least.

AAK

OOps, yeah, I don't know why I did that. Yeah, separate Devil and Devil Jin. For some reason in my mind as I was making the post I felt that DJin had twin pistons LOL.

MikeMyers

Fair enough. I think if you go by storyline strength, the strongest are anyone Mishima or assoicated with Mishima, boss characters (i.e Ogre), and Paul/Hwoarang.

GrayFoxPL

ibfqmtf1FV8IK6.jpg

Original Top Tier Forever.

But seriously since T6 everyone is either "very known" top tier, "potential" top tier or "secret" top tier. It took something over 6 months to a year for players to consider Lars top.

Compared to other fg everyone is godly here. Better player wins. People should stop fearing Bob, at close range 90% Bob players do jab pressure, almost every character has some kind of punch parry, reversal, sabaki etc. Just use it. I'm scared of Xiaoyu more then Bob.

Williams sisters are redundant. One slaps a lot more, the other booty bumps a lot more. You may have one.

Heh, the Williams sisters must be in Tekken 7 or else or Namco will hear about it very loudly.

Of course the jaguars need to stay. They are legendary.

If I had to pick one.................I'll keep....uh....I've been using Nina way longer and she's awesome, but Anna is just so, flirty and fun. Love the cat stance and her trickery. I can't decide....

GrayFoxPL

Wonder if we'll finally see TekkenXStreetFighter upcoming months. Maybe earlier then E3 because people stop giving a shit about huge shows, cue PS4 unveil.

Long time ago I said this will likely be canceled. I don't want that but it doesn't look pretty...
Shame Harada and Tekken team don't have any dev blogs that show progress of their games.

Poor old Tekken 4 is again at fault. I remember when they showed early screenshots, footage, art, system description etc. during T4 development. After it's failure they've gone back to this super secret development where we saw the game already on beta test through blurry 180p camera pix from Japan. Basically we see Tekken when it's almost done.

On one hand it's great, but on the other if they won't show anything, any little thing soon, they might as well cancel it as people won't give a shit anymore.

I mean it wouldn't take much to get some hype rolling. Show 10 sec real time demo of Ryu fighting Jin and fg world goes crazy. But show nothing and you get nothing.

AAK

Tekken SERIOUSLY needs a break. Let TTT2 last at least 4-5 years before getting another sequel. TTT2 is only 5 months old and we're already salivating another sequel.

I DON'T want a reveal at all this year honestly. Enjoy TTT2 people, and let Namco take their time with whatever they're doing next. I mean, AT LEAST let Namco announce the Arcade update with the console exclusives first.

Top Bottom