• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

Couldn't help myself and made some gifs from GAF final.

Ppl look what those guys can do on 1 BAR. Look at those crazy madafakaz!

No mistake, those two are Top tier GAF.

i81NzCfkSvypf.gif

iZ0ltNuUYOUeJ.gif

iVFZts9C0b5LL.gif

i6qGhfNNzhKAz.gif

ibsKGpVssRJIGN.gif

iIO5EH3SxeU0N.gif

i9QpcVU7CZ7OS.gif

ifYcNhHmsG98E.gif

i3QgPwtDy7sdX.gif

ibk1Wo9ZVlIt4r.gif

i9lJUZSSe3wdt.gif

"Fly like an Angel!"

Respect!

Degen

King is finally out of the turquoise ranks

#jaguars

he can never be used in a Ranked match again

Give it a couple. YT is acting goofy and it's actually split into two files.

Twitch sucks with archiving. It's actually worse than before.

FLV files suck. Programs should be universally able to accept them.

And YT sucks for not having 60fps and degrading overall quality.

Part one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-vpUFIIhI

Part two. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeGTys8YGlY

So sick... and that's what they can do with lag

Sometimes I'm glad there's no online pair play lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep. Congrats to AAK.

Tekken is a game I really want to learn but the reality is I don't have time at all. Movement alone takes years to master and I'm the type of person that likes to play with many characters.

AAK

Yep. Congrats to AAK.

Tekken is a game I really want to learn but the reality is I don't have time at all. Movement alone takes years to master and I'm the type of person that likes to play with many characters.

Don't think of it like "I'm not playing Tekken until I can get movement down" and such. Still play Tekken but just make small goals for yourself every time you play. For example, in one match, just say I'm going to punish an unsafe move my enemy does with this move at least 5 times throughout this match. Don't just set the goal to win, set the goal to apply certain tools your character has. In the next match, another example can be duck all the high parts of a string your opponent does and punish with a while rising move accordingly. And simultaneously you just practice backdash cancelling. Break it down systematically and you can efficiently level up. Don't worry about winning just yet, that will come in due time.

And thanks for the regards :) Those were some amazing prodcution values you did for the stream page. That must have taken quite a while to do.

DEATH™

Kadey, just to add to what AAK posted, this game is a never-ending journey to improvement (and don't take it as a bad thing please). Even the pros learn something from time to time. The satisfying part of playing this game is learning to do something and actually use it to win a match. So don't get intimidated about not having time or worry about not being good enough, you will be on time, just enjoy the game. You will improve as long as you got good folks to compete with...

King is finally out of the turquoise ranks

#jaguars

he can never be used in a Ranked match again

So sick... and that's what they can do with lag

Sometimes I'm glad there's no online pair play lol

You stop playing ranked at the Yellow ranks, dude.

Good job, though! Good shit, also to AAK and Wonkey for being able to do combos in lag!

GrayFoxPL

Wanna pick up Hwoarang after finals hype. That'd be like 10th character, I just can't never settle on one/two.

Btw second gif from top is actually spliced from 2 gifs from 2 videos of different qualities. That juggle started at end of the yt clip and continued in second clip. Kinda bizarre it looks the same throughout both videos I download in different resolution.

AAK

Playing online right now. feel free to join if you'd like :)

Also, to Sayah, Manny, Superstar and all other Tekken players in the NorthEast, registration for ECT is active!

http://ecthrowdown.com/registration/

EDIT: The guy I'm playing online with is challenging me to use Baek for him LOL. Damn it's frustrating haha.

Congratulations on your victory AAK. You guys were really going at it and the matches were great. You and Wonkey are truly pros even while playing in lag. Tournament players. Nice.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. Everything that was said is true. We all know Tekken has a much bigger learning curve than any other fighter. What I know now is from playing the series since the beginning, knowing some moves and doing basic stuff. This is one game where you do need to spend a good amount of time in training mode learning how to approach certain things.
With SFIV, I just kinda picked a character and learned to do certain moves and picked up on habits while actually playing an opponent. And once you played any SF game, you have a good background to help you with other 2D fighters because of the universal inputs and such. Tekken is different because of it being more faster paced and it leaves less room for error. There is so much thought process to knowing the spacing, the move to use, the timing, everything. And the series has a much more concentrated higher level of play than other fighters because of the way it is. For a beginner it is much more grueling. For me it's just the lack of time to invest in the game.

Sayah

Yeah. Everything that was said is true. We all know Tekken has a much bigger learning curve than any other fighter. What I know now is from playing the series since the beginning, knowing some moves and doing basic stuff. This is one game where you do need to spend a good amount of time in training mode learning how to approach certain things.
With SFIV, I just kinda picked a character and learned to do certain moves and picked up on habits while actually playing an opponent. And once you played any SF game, you have a good background to help you with other 2D fighters because of the universal inputs and such. Tekken is different because of it being more faster paced and it leaves less room for error. There is so much thought process to knowing the spacing, the move to use, the timing, everything. And the series has a much more concentrated higher level of play than other fighters because of the way it is. For a beginner it is much more grueling. For me it's just the lack of time to invest in the game.

We can practice online if you ever want to Kadey.

AAK

Does anyone use Asuka besides me? If so, got any pointers?

She's really REALLY good at annoying your enemy. The thing about Asuka is that she is one of the easier characters to play in this game.

Break your opponent's defense with quick mids and low pokes and grabs. Some great poke moves include d/f+1 ; d/b+3 ; b+2,1 and do some grabs once in a while. When your opponent whiffs anything, she has one of the best whiff punishers in the game which is f+2. That move is also tag bufferable so it can result in A LOT of damage. Another whiff punisher if you're unsure about whether or not it'll connect is f,f+2. f,f+2 has a followup that is 1 which is safe but high or she can follow that up with 1+2 which is mid, does more damage, but is unsafe. If the f,f+2 hits any followup is guaranteed. They do a lot of damage too especially in rage mode.

The cool thing about her f+2 is that you can also cancel it and use it as a tool to advance into your opponent. If you do f+2~d you basically dash forward and cancel into your crouching stance where you can do her FC,d/f,d,d/f+1+2 launching grab among other mixups.

Asuka also probably the best "get-off-me" move in the game tied with Lars's u/f+3. It's her d+3+4 can-can kick. The first kick is low and and the second kick is high and it's absolutely safe. On counterhit, it launches and it's tag bufferable. Also, it crushes all low hitting moves simultaneously and is 14 frames only. Those are some extremely good qualities for a move.

Her SS+2 is a really good evasive move but it's punishable with 12 frame moves. However one of coolest tools is f+4, it's a high tracking kick but it's beauty is that it's +1 on block! That's why if your opponent blocks it and pushes any button to retaliate you are guaranteed to get a counter hit on them. I usually follow up with d/f+1,2 in case they do some kind of crushing move but you can do a lot of juicy things after that.

And of coarse Asuka has a reversal that parries almost all mid or high hitting attacks EXCEPT for knees, elbows, heads, bodies, and some aerial attacks like a dropkick for example.

I learned her after I got my butt kicked by Howling in a Montreal tournament :p

GrayFoxPL

Why on earth would you gif that failure. -_-

Regardless, thanks for the gifs! That last one reminds me to that I should use DVJ's snapback item move a little more haha.

That gif is a testament of evasion and jf inputs on 1 bar lagfest. Impressive.

If you used DJ from the start you could've taken it.

Currently on a 43 game winstreak. If he gets to 50, which he surely will, then Rip is supposedly gonna give him money.

*edit* Well I got ahead of myself, the streak ends at 45.

Guys I'm such a noob. I had no idea you could charge Miguel's d/b+1. There were a few times when I saw my opponent spin around after getting hit by it but I thought it was cause they were trying to tag out. Turns out when you charge it the opponent spins like crazy when hit and you can get a full combo in. 66 damage sure does beat 44 damage. Now if only I was good with Miguel.

Was feeling good yesterday, 9-6 in ranked. Today, 3-15, 13 straight losses. -___- I'll stop sucking one day. Maybe when I learn to stop playing while sleepy.

Doomshine

Currently on a 43 game winstreak. If he gets to 50, which he surely will, then Rip is supposedly gonna give him money.

*edit* Well I got ahead of myself, the streak ends at 45.

Guys I'm such a noob. I had no idea you could charge Miguel's d/b+1. There were a few times when I saw my opponent spin around after getting hit by it but I thought it was cause they were trying to tag out. Turns out when you charge it the opponent spins like crazy when hit and you can get a full combo in. 66 damage sure does beat 44 damage. Now if only I was good with Miguel.

Well it's also slower so that's why you rarely see it used.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We can practice online if you ever want to Kadey.

Even that would be considered a hassle to me. When I'm all settled down at night, I just want to relax and multitask doing various things. Usually having some random stream on one monitor and surfing on the other and chatting with whomever. If I do play a game, it's just something easy pick up and play for a little while. I know having practice sessions with any kind of game would require some patience and full attention to make the most of. Most of the time, I'm not in that kind of mood. But thanks for the offer.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is everyone online a pro? I want to get this game but don't want to get owned online all the time. I've played all other Tekkens so I don't think it will take long to get decentish.

AAK

Is everyone online a pro? I want to get this game but don't want to get owned online all the time. I've played all other Tekkens so I don't think it will take long to get decentish.

As you rank up you'll definitely see very skilled opponents. But you should be fine in the beginner ranks of online play. Also, you don' thave to play ranked match, there is simple player matches that you can participate in as well for fun.

What was that combo you did off of Feng's d/b+4? I must steal it.

Feng/Leo (forgot which stances are which haha)

FENG d/b+4, 2~1 B! LEO ssl 3,2,4 > 1~d > 1, 2 FENG 3~4, 3 = 97 dmg

Because who says you can't get high damage off a low sweep? :)

---

Oh and by the way Nobi and Only Practice recently vsed each other online for anyone that's interested.

https://twitter.com/bemmi0/status/308971989350096896

You can download some of the replays from this by looking their names up on the leader board. (eg Miguel top rank > nobi_bemi > download replays)

and I just heard from Jung over on the Green Arcade stream that the next Tekken League on CafeId stream (on the 16th) will feature Knee, Hao, Only Practice, Saint and Triple H. Fun times all round.

AAK

Oh and by the way Nobi and Only Practice recently vsed each other online for anyone that's interested.

https://twitter.com/bemmi0/status/308971989350096896

You can download some of the replays from this by looking their names up on the leader board. (eg Miguel top rank > nobi_bemi > download replays)

and I just heard from Jung over on the Green Arcade stream that the next Tekken League on CafeId stream (on the 16th) will feature Knee, Hao, Only Practice, Saint and Triple H. Fun times all round.

Ahhh, so that's why I don't see anymore death match vids of OP... he became an online warrior :p

And man, it's amazing how many characters Nobi can proficiently play. And man, I really REALLY miss Tekken Crash/Busters :(

Sayah

He needs to make a comeback once the playoffs start.

Guys, I've wanted this ever since I saw it at funcoland around 17 years ago. I am happy to say that it is finally mine.
p1000169f.jpg

*shedding manly tears*

That's awesome and very classic.

Even that would be considered a hassle to me. When I'm all settled down at night, I just want to relax and multitask doing various things. Usually having some random stream on one monitor and surfing on the other and chatting with whomever. If I do play a game, it's just something easy pick up and play for a little while. I know having practice sessions with any kind of game would require some patience and full attention to make the most of. Most of the time, I'm not in that kind of mood. But thanks for the offer.

Yeah, I'm much pretty much the exact way after a long day of work. Thankfully, I still got some free days to just play and practice before school begins.

Top Bottom