• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

braves01

Banned
So I was playing a bit earlier, watching some of Aris' armor king tuts while I tried to follow along...

But I've spent the last 20 minutes just listening to Tekken Tunes with headphones plugged into the Gamepad. I'm so glad that "TTT2 soundtrack is awesome" thread got made a while back :)

It almost makes not having truly custom soundtracks on the Wii U version okay. *still getting PS3 version for custom soundtracks (and better online) anyway*

Sayah

He's been on this list for a while now lol:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=125064

This man's knowledge is unbelievable.

He's on this list too.

http://wtf.tekken.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7678

Unbelievable how far some people go.

So I was playing a bit earlier, watching some of Aris' armor king tuts while I tried to follow along...

But I've spent the last 20 minutes just listening to Tekken Tunes with headphones plugged into the Gamepad. I'm so glad that "TTT2 soundtrack is awesome" thread got made a while back :)

It almost makes not having truly custom soundtracks on the Wii U version okay. *still getting PS3 version for custom soundtracks (and better online) anyway*

I listen to the Tekken soundtrack every now and then. Really phenomenal all around.

Sayah

I must have faced this TREX person about five times now and he's been trying to get promoted for the past hour and is failing and rage quits EACH time. ugh..........

AAK

I must have faced this TREX person about five times now and he's been trying to get promoted for the past hour and is failing and rage quits EACH time. ugh..........

You should be able to see if it's going to be him or not based on the disconnect ratio right? can't you just reject the match?

Sayah

You should be able to see if it's going to be him or not based on the disconnect ratio right? can't you just reject the match?

His disconnect rate is 0%.

Edit: Yeah, these players are able to somehow maintain a 0% disconnect rate. Otherwise, the game would impose penalties each time the disconnect rate rises and their efforts would be useless.

AAK

So.... I finally equalled Sayah's rank to Vanquisher :p

Mr. Naps's stream helped me in magnitudes! Especially on the things to deal with California roll of Xiaoyu players and RLX f+3+4 Capo spammers.

Dereck

After 6 months I have finally concluded that online ranking matches aren't for me, and here's why.

I'm in the blue ranks, I've been in the blue ranks since about November/Decemberish, I have never made it to master with any character, and my win/loss percentage stays around 50%. Which to me, is pretty decent, now. When I play online ranked, the people I play against, whether they are Disciple, Master, or Grand Master, they usually have a match count over 1,000, usually with a 55% percent win/loss rate. These people obviously have lots of experience. It impresses me when these players play so unpredictably, and they can also punish moves that I never thought people would likely punish. I get a lot of equal matches, but most of the time, I get people who spam 10 hit combos, into bounds, over and over again.

Or people who come right out of the gate spamming lows. Bryan is my worse nightmare. Playing against Bryan scares me because I keep anticipating his low sweeping kick launch. It's the cheapest move out there, and I notice when the opponent does it, I tap d/b, but I don't hold it. I know what's coming, but I am too nervous to block then punish. When playing against Law/Feng/Lili/Asuka/Jun, get this, I try to punish attacks before they even land! It's like, I see them coming, and I know what the end of the string looks like, but I try to punish it too fast and it fucks me up. I have tried to back off and just turtle, but when I do that, the opponent runs up and grabs me. Or if I'm winning 2-0, people online just start grabbing over and over. So it's basically half me, and half everyone else. I think this is the only game I've played in my life where I've actually had a love/hate relationship.

In February, I was playing online against a solo True Ogre, after winning 5 matches, and losing 7, so I was pretty satisfied with that streak. Dude's health was very low, but he had rage. I was trying to tag out to Miguel, and as soon as I tagged, he did his chop kick and it caught me on the raw tag. I got so angry that I took the game disc, put it in it's case, went outside at 3AM, and stomped the game into pieces outside my front door. Probably the most embarrassing gaming related incident I've ever had. It amazes me that this game can evoke so many emotions out of me, from respect for a player, excitement out of punishing launch punishing moves. Anticipating attacks and blocking. Getting grabbed over and over, spamming lows, everything. The learning curve in the blue ranks is huge! I'm fighting other Mentors, sweating heavily and winning, and as soon as I start fighting Masters and Grand Masters the skill in these players goes up so high! I can usually get like one win in and 3 losses. So for now, I've decided just to stick to Player Matches indefinitely.

AAK

Yo boutdown woah. Take it easy. You crushed your game disc? Dang. I get angry too with some illegitimate losses too but when it is my fault i take remedial steps.

If you know you lost to bryan’s snake edge, go to practice mode and set the first record function to snake edge and the rest of the 4 moves recorded as quick moves like df+2,1 ; db+3, 3+4, df+1, etc. Let all of the moves play and practice blocking snake edge. It is fairly telegraphed so you should be able to block it on reaction. That way, you'll be trained to keep blocking until you can visually tell Bryan is in block stun.

Law’s db+4 & Jack’s debugger is a move that's slower than snake edge but I have a lot more trouble blocking that because the animation doesn't telegraph it’s direction as much. What's even worse about law's db+4 and Nina’s FC, df+4 is that the block stun has frames where a punishing mid will whiff on them...i can't tell you how incredibly frustrating that is when you were denied a juicy punish lol.

Overall, you shouldn't concentrate on winning to get better. Every match you should set goals for yourself like "I'm gonna punish a -14f move properly at least 5 times in the next match." Or "i will break at least 4 throws in the next match. " etc. And when you meet these goals, consider that as a victory rather than having the higher health bar. As you play this way you'll become a far more solid player than someone who is abusing lag friendly moves.

If someone lurking this thread reads the above passage and asks "how is this fun if you don't win? " The answer is the same answer you'd get if you play basketball or soccer. To get to the same level as someone better you have to take hard losses and develop fundamentals. Once the time comes and all of your skills amalgamate together in Tekken, you will be capable of reenacting a true choreographed fight in a competative nature that no other piece of software can replicate... and yes, it's worth it!

DEATH™

Boutdown, one reasons to buy a stick is when you want to just curbstomp something, you can do it on your stick and it won't break much.

But yeah I feel ya about punishing. Sometimes lag makes you go off your rhythm on your inputs, which result in us getting punished...

Dereck

If you know you lost to bryan’s snake edge, go to practice mode and set the first record function to snake edge and the rest of the 4 moves recorded as quick moves like df+2,1 ; db+3, 3+4, df+1, etc. Let all of the moves play and practice blocking snake edge. It is fairly telegraphed so you should be able to block it on reaction. That way, you'll be trained to keep blocking until you can visually tell Bryan is in block stun.
When I'm online I'm always nervous. I had two promotion matches in a row and I lost both of them, not because I was bested but because I was getting nervous and I started hop kick trying to get launches and shit. There was this Miguel player I was playing against, I did d/b+1 (Tortua), when it landed on him, dude kept doing Tortua over and over again on me, and I could have blocked it each time but I got too nervous and he killed me with it, that really got me. I think what it is, is the fear of getting hit by it makes be twitch and flinch a little when press d/b and blocking it, it's over thinking a simple task.

Law’s db+4 & Jack’s debugger is a move that's slower than snake edge but I have a lot more trouble blocking that because the animation doesn't telegraph it’s direction as much. What's even worse about law's db+4 and Nina’s FC, df+4 is that the block stun has frames where a punishing mid will whiff on them...i can't tell you how incredibly frustrating that is when you were denied a juicy punish lol.

Overall, you shouldn't concentrate on winning to get better. Every match you should set goals for yourself like "I'm gonna punish a -14f move properly at least 5 times in the next match." Or "i will break at least 4 throws in the next match. " etc. And when you meet these goals, consider that as a victory rather than having the higher health bar. As you play this way you'll become a far more solid player than someone who is abusing lag friendly moves.

If someone lurking this thread reads the above passage and asks "how is this fun if you don't win? " The answer is the same answer you'd get if you play basketball or soccer. To get to the same level as someone better you have to take hard losses and develop fundamentals. Once the time comes and all of your skills amalgamate together in Tekken, you will be capable of reenacting a true choreographed fight in a competative nature that no other piece of software can replicate... and yes, it's worth it!
I'm gonna have to upload these matches so you can really watch me and help me.

MikeMyers

Tekken Facebook Page Status: In spirit of International Women's day we want all the fans to tell us who is their favorite female character and why in the comments below!

To answer that, mine is Asuka, because she has nice tits-I mean, I enjoy her fighting style.

GrayFoxPL

Tekken Facebook Page Status: In spirit of International Women's day we want all the fans to tell us who is their favorite female character and why in the comments below!

To answer that, mine is Asuka, because she has nice tits-I mean, I enjoy her fighting style.

Hmmm... Best Tekken girl.

I keep forgetting Leo is a guurl, I always bet he was just scrawny dude and I can't erase that.

I loved Julia in T5 because I could custom her into 80-ties punk rock girl a'la Priss from Bubblegum Crisis.

But I must go with Jun - classic no-bullshit milf with an ass to kill for. Even Kazuya couldn't help it, and he's a devil.

iZdTBRC0S1zIS.jpg

iQxrBLBVlTd6V.jpg

AAK

Even Kazuya couldn't help it, and he's a Devil.

This made me lol pretty hard haha.

Regardless, obvious answer is Julia. Humble*, strong, intellectual, and infinitely beautiful. The true champion that celebrates international women's day!

*JULIA, not Jaycee ;)

Sayah

Yo boutdown, sir, mang, dude, amigo, you got a great miguel and law. You are probably just getting nervous and making mistakes in ranked matches. From last I saw you play, I still think you can increase the pressure/rushdown with your characters. Keep your opponent guessing and play dem mind games.

Williams @ the top.
Anna-and-Nina-Children-anna-williams-30748100-420-599.jpg

ME0000588133_21.jpg

Get a lobby going later on after I fantasize about Fubar in the shower.

lol

Hmmm... Best Tekken girl.

I keep forgetting Leo is a guurl, I always bet he was just scrawny dude and I can't erase that.

I loved Julia in T5 because I could custom her into 80-ties punk rock girl a'la Priss from Bubblegum Crisis.

But I must go with Jun - classic no-bullshit milf with an ass to kill for. Even Kazuya couldn't help it, and he's a devil.

This man knows what he's talking about. Speaking of Jun look at this art my friend is working on for one of my sticks.
9jGhtoX.jpg

Its still in the very early stages but when its all set is done its gonne be Jun at da beech! with Miguel in the background fiending for that ass.

And boutdown, you just gotta try to relax. I get super nervous online as well. Sometimes with Miguel you just gotta go nuts. Spam d/f+1, d/f+3,1 and b+4. Keep that safe mid pressure going then pop em with a d/b+1. Don't let em breath. Players with high ranks are confident and think they are the shit but really they aint nothing( at least in my experience) Show no mercy and they will start to panic and thats when you have em.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I just bought this game. Is it still possible to get the bikinis? How?

I just bought this game. Is it still possible to get the bikinis? How?

Everything has been unlocked for a while. If your game is fully patched, just go into Customize and apply them to whoever you want.

Also, sorry about your situation boutdown. I was wondering why you disappeared from my friends list. :lol Ranked pisses me off a lot too, especially seeing seemingly mindless play from people with ranks higher than me. Even worse when I still lose to them. ;_; I'm close to 43% overall in ranked and had a couple shots to hit Master but flubbed them due to LAG. I try not to take losses so seriously though since I can be total shit one day and decent the next. No rhyme or reason.

Xiaoyu used to be my favourite Tekken girl, but something has come over me this year and now I find her and Miharu annoying. It's such an odd mood change. I always wanted to use Jun and Kunimitsu as I LOVE their redesigns so much! But I put in so much work with Xiaoyu that I didn't bother. Jun is classy and I love the way she moves as she attacks. Kunimitsu is damn flashy and I enjoy watching her offense. I really look forward to getting better with these two.

Oh yeah. Recently I went to a offline casual session (A&C Games, AAK should know!) I got destroyed a bunch of times but the guys there were extremely nice. They all had "bibles" with notes on character matchups. It was a really interesting experience and I'm glad I finally went to one.

GrayFoxPL

This man knows what he's talking about. Speaking of Jun look at this art my friend is working on for one of my sticks.
9jGhtoX.jpg

Its still in the very early stages but when its all set is done its gonne be Jun at da beech! with Miguel in the background fiending for that ass.
Nice!

Xiaoyu used to be my favourite Tekken girl, but something has come over me this year and now I find her and Miharu annoying. It's such an odd mood change. I always wanted to use Jun and Kunimitsu as I LOVE their redesigns so much! But I put in so much work with Xiaoyu that I didn't bother. Jun is classy and I love the way she moves as she attacks. Kunimitsu is damn flashy and I enjoy watching her offense. I really look forward to getting better with these two.

Oh yeah. Recently I went to a offline casual session (A&C Games, AAK should know!) I got destroyed a bunch of times but the guys there were extremely nice. They all had "bibles" with notes on character matchups. It was a really interesting experience and I'm glad I finally went to one.

Scary dedication, but I'd probably be the same if I wasn't such a lazy ass. Like recently I found a move that out-prioritized Lars'esesess uf+3 but I already forgot what it was and if it was for Leo or Paul. Bad memory.

Dereck

YO!

I fought about 7 Master/Disciple/Mentor teams, won 5 of them.

I won a demotion match, that's good.

I was fighting this Lei/Yoshimitsu team, dude would just spam Yoshimitsu 10 hit combos over and over. When I beat him, this is what he said, I'm not lying.

"you're pathetic, its amazing how many people would be complete shit without those cheap ass tag combos"

lol

Yo boutdown, sir, mang, dude, amigo, you got a great miguel and law. You are probably just getting nervous and making mistakes in ranked matches. From last I saw you play, I still think you can increase the pressure/rushdown with your characters. Keep your opponent guessing and play dem mind games. lol

Everything has been unlocked for a while. If your game is fully patched, just go into Customize and apply them to whoever you want.

Also, sorry about your situation boutdown. I was wondering why you disappeared from my friends list. :lol Ranked pisses me off a lot too, especially seeing seemingly mindless play from people with ranks higher than me. Even worse when I still lose to them. ;_; I'm close to 43% overall in ranked and had a couple shots to hit Master but flubbed them due to LAG. I try not to take losses so seriously though since I can be total shit one day and decent the next. No rhyme or reason.
I was going to take a long break from Tekken, there was no way for me to play if I stomped the game. Thereafter I realized it was very childish. I bought a new copy.

And boutdown, you just gotta try to relax. I get super nervous online as well. Sometimes with Miguel you just gotta go nuts. Spam d/f+1, d/f+3,1 and b+4. Keep that safe mid pressure going then pop em with a d/b+1. Don't let em breath. Players with high ranks are confident and think they are the shit but really they aint nothing( at least in my experience) Show no mercy and they will start to panic and thats when you have em.
Thanks, we need to play.

MikeMyers

I saw Tekken: Blood Vengeance yesterday.

Well, at least it was better than the live-action film.

I almost thought for a second they were trying to ship Xiaoyu x Alisa lol.

Dereck

They should do another movie like that where all of the characters are involved. I want to see other characters in HD CG.

You poor thing...

Seriously though, you are right that it is a better movie, I actually finished watching it.

MikeMyers

You poor thing...

Seriously though, you are right that it is a better movie, I actually finished watching it.

The late 90's anime (with Vegeta-Kazuya) wasn't too bad, the Kazuya/Jun/Heihachi storyline was decent but the other characters needed way more development. Since the movie was only 60 minutes, they could have easily of had another 30 minutes to adding character depth.

Sayah

Blood Vengeance was worth watching for the beginning fight and the end fight. Everything in between was.......eeeeeeeh. The first time I watched the movie, I didn't mind Alisa for whatever reason. The second time I watched, I thought Alisa had to be one of the most annoying movie characters ever.

YO!

I fought about 7 Master/Disciple/Mentor teams, won 5 of them.

I won a demotion match, that's good.

I was fighting this Lei/Yoshimitsu team, dude would just spam Yoshimitsu 10 hit combos over and over. When I beat him, this is what he said, I'm not lying.

"you're pathetic, its amazing how many people would be complete shit without those cheap ass tag combos"

lol
Hate mail means you are doing things right.

AAK

Honestly, at least the live action movie was about the Mishima family feud rather than schoolgirls trying to get knocked up by Ultra-emo Japanese gigolo that gets touch of death'd by Heihachi :p. But alas, the final 25 minutes of BV the movie made it worth it. :)

9jGhtoX.jpg

I know it's WIP but I honestly thought that was RE3 Jill Valentine LOL. I guess he has yet to but a darker shader on the hair and such... but Jun isn't Jun without her headband. And also that facial expression is a bit too.... say promiscuous for Jun's character haha. But still it's super pretty so far, can't wait to see the final version.

OH damn, you're from Toronto? Cool. I'll hopefully see you this May when I go for Toryuken 2. I expect a lot of killers to come out for that tournie :) And yeah, Toronto has some pretty beast people in Tekken, There's a Jin/Lars player named Zen who's an up and commer and his defense is really sublime. No matter what I do I can't open him up.And then of coarse there are the 3 deities of Toronto who are Russell (Kuni/Paul/Bears), Raymond (Leo/Marduk), and DarkDeath (AKing/Lars). But ah well, I'm still trying to improve my game until I get to their level... hopefully we'll see come May!

Also boutdown, somthing from your playstyle... YOU NEED TO GRAB MORE! lol. You're getting picked by turtles when the game gave you that tool specifically to break them apart haha.

Slygmous

Stupid question time. Ive been trying to unlock Miharu's backpack for hours, and I'm confused by how to earn items.

I know I have to beat Gold ghost teams, but does Miharu have to be the CPU or the player? I've gotten such mixed results.

AAK

Stupid question time. Ive been trying to unlock Miharu's backpack for hours, and I'm confused by how to earn items.

I know I have to beat Gold ghost teams, but does Miharu have to be the CPU or the player? I've gotten such mixed results.

It's actually completely random unfortunately :( I too still have yet to unlock Raven's T5 Ninja outfit.

Nice!

Scary dedication, but I'd probably be the same if I wasn't such a lazy ass. Like recently I found a move that out-prioritized Lars'esesess uf+3 but I already forgot what it was and if it was for Leo or Paul. Bad memory.

Yeah...I think I will start to take notes too after I get better at the game, but this frame data stuff is way too complicated for my mind. I hate math. :(

OH damn, you're from Toronto? Cool. I'll hopefully see you this May when I go for Toryuken 2. I expect a lot of killers to come out for that tournie :) And yeah, Toronto has some pretty beast people in Tekken, There's a Jin/Lars player named Zen who's an up and commer and his defense is really sublime. No matter what I do I can't open him up.And then of coarse there are the 3 deities of Toronto who are Russell (Kuni/Paul/Bears), Raymond (Leo/Marduk), and DarkDeath (AKing/Lars). But ah well, I'm still trying to improve my game until I get to their level... hopefully we'll see come May!

Yeah, I'll go to Toryuken 2! I hope to become at least decent enough to put up a good fight? And I've seen Russell and Raymond around. I didn't know Russell uses Kunimitsu! That's good for me, cause I want to learn how to use her more. I'm looking forward to seeing you at Toryuken!

Feng/Leo (forgot which stances are which haha)

FENG d/b+4, 2~1 B! LEO ssl 3,2,4 > 1~d > 1, 2 FENG 3~4, 3 = 97 dmg

Because who says you can't get high damage off a low sweep? :)

I forgot all about this. Tried it out today and holy shit, it is so cheap. Really hard to do, though.

Edit: Worst losing streak today. I thought I was getting better, but clearly not. :(

Top Bottom