• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Skilletor

Don't care. Not paying attention to the backgrounds when I fight.

As long as when I fight, it's good, any concessions toward that end are acceptable to me.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
quick question for those that have it on Playstation, sub HD again?

jett

D-Member
How's the netcode on this thing?

quick question for those that have it on Playstation, sub HD again?

The game is subHD on arcades, PS3 and 360. The resolution is dropped more if there are 3 or 4 characters on screen.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
k, fairplay
can't really tell by the screens but has the graphics improve over Tekken 6?
I like Tekken 6 anyway but still, oh is the Snow Castle theme in this too, I love that it reminds me of Beyond the Bounds (ZOE2)

GrayFoxPL

k, fairplay
I like Tekken 6 anyway but still, oh is the Snow Castle theme in this too, I love that it reminds me of Beyond the Bounds (ZOE2)

Yes the models, faces are rebuild from T6.

CSX

The game drops the resolution a level during tag throws and combos (3 characters), and even further when there's a tag throw break (4 characters). It's pretty jarring at first but you get used to it.

You can actually see it?

I played the arcade version knowing this in advance and didnt see it at all O_O. A bit more noticeable on console versions?

Man learning a new character is a chore. It's Lars though so it should pay off in the long term. 3 more days...

Are you learning him in Tekken 6? Me, Anastacio and Iwakura are all playing it online now if you'd be interested in learning online now (as I know me and Anastacio are trying to learn for Tag's release day, not sure about Iwakura though admittedly)?

EDIT: Also, I have to say that I am glad the graphic fidelity drops while online. Lag has a significant impact on the gameplay so anything to reduce it is good in my opinion.

LowParry

Coming off of Prologue, it's noticeable with win poses but durning tags combos and tag throws, you really don't see it happening. I don't. I mean if it is, it is. However isn't that fixed with turning motion blur off? Someone should check this out. I prefer the blur off anyway.

k, fairplay

Not in any significant way, just more detailed faces and clothes get a little dirt on them and such. Just small improvements.

You can actually see it?

I played the arcade version knowing this in advance and didnt see it at all O_O. A bit more noticeable on console versions?
I can't speak for the arcade version, but it was really noticeable to me on the 360 version when I played at my friend's house. IIRC, there was a pretty significant drop on the arcade version as well. Harada detailed it on a presentation Namco did on Tekken's graphics a while back. I wish I could find the article.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Actually, can anyone confirm if online pair play is supported on the 360 side? Two players going online via one console as a team?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ugh :( I wont be able to get the game til the first so I'm gonna be missing out on one of my mains. I hope the pre order dlc characters dont come out too much later

stormer

so how popular will this game be? I'm not a big fighting game guy but it has my interest if there will be a large online community.

thanks!

cj_iwakura

I used to suck at TTT1, but I still used Julia & Michelle. I've gotten better with Julia, but any thoughts on swapping Michelle with Jun?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Random TEKKEN related pics from my twitter/instagram to fill the wait/void. <3

4242c8defa7d11e19fb4123138101461_7.jpg

b5342b1afa2f11e1b55e22000a1e9610_7.jpg

c2d1d8c6fa2011e198941231381f75ad_7.jpg

8a1895c8fa4911e1ab4322000a1d0377_7.jpg

ed0b1080fa4811e1a77722000a1e869f_7.jpg

fe482c5afab811e182e122000a1de761_7.jpg

cca665eefab911e18dfa22000a1cbb1d_7.jpg

Top Bottom