• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

How do ya'll have your connections set up? I tried messing around with ports once but it didn't seem to help. I tend to get disconnected before matches begin or while trying to join someone. :/

AAK

How do ya'll have your connections set up? I tried messing around with ports once but it didn't seem to help. I tend to get disconnected before matches begin or while trying to join someone. :/

Try port forwarding. First set up a static IP address (I have no idea what this all means, I just followed the recipe Lol)

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

Then port forward your router. go to this link:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/default.htm

First find your Router company click on the link. Then find your router model #. Then it will ask you about what software you want to port forward with. I chose PS3 Virtua Figther 5. And that will take you to a link that explains how to port forward your router using your internet browser. It's not that hard. Hope that helps.

Try port forwarding. First set up a static IP address (I have no idea what this all means, I just followed the recipe Lol)

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

Then port forward your router. go to this link:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/default.htm

First find your Router company click on the link. Then find your router model #. Then it will ask you about what software you want to port forward with. I chose PS3 Virtua Figther 5. And that will take you to a link that explains how to port forward your router using your internet browser. It's not that hard. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll try it. Hopefully I'll be able to play with you guys soon.

Sayah

GGs to all. Out of the characters I listed earlier, I'm definitely thinking of Yoshimitsu and/or Xiaoyu after today.

And hope you can get your connection fixed okey.

Bleep

My busted router hasn't been letting me play online, but I have made a video that might be of interest to some people. This video shows some offensive options Jaycee has using an empty shotgun~windroll after bound instead of a standard combo ending. If you are successful with reacting to and reading your opponent you will get more damage than doing a full combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6tvqz-n0w0

AAK

My busted router hasn't been letting me play online, but I have made a video that might be of interest to some people. This video shows some offensive options Jaycee has using an empty shotgun~windroll after bound instead of a standard combo ending. If you are successful with reacting to and reading your opponent you will get more damage than doing a full combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6tvqz-n0w0

Really nice video! One mistake though: Julia's butt-slam is actually d+2+3, not d+1+4.

Personally, being a Julia player myself, it's a very complex flowchart. When they tech roll, it's near impossible (at my skill level) to know if they're going to duck or block neutral when they recover from it. Therefore your 3+4,4 will be death on block if you guess wrong. In order for you to succeed with the landing the low/high mixup you HAVE to commit. You do get damage but you have to ask yourself if the risk is worth it.

I usually just go for max damage or wall carry after the bound. But if you are fishing for more damage, instead of the shotgun after the bound, try doing a quick spiking attack like d/f+1 right after (MUST only have 4 hits or less before the bound as the juggle filler). THEN the okizeme flow chart is much simpler. They can either butt slam them if they stay grounded or side roll. If they do anything else, party crasher or her left knee should float them for a juggle. That way you don't have to worry about a scenario where they tech roll. But that's just because I don't have the reactions or battle intuition to think so many scenario's ahead :)

Bleep

Really nice video! One mistake though: Julia's butt-slam is actually d+2+3, not d+1+4.

Personally, being a Julia player myself, it's a very complex flowchart. When they tech roll, it's near impossible (at my skill level) to know if they're going to duck or block neutral when they recover from it. Therefore your 3+4,4 will be death on block if you guess wrong. In order for you to succeed with the landing the low/high mixup you HAVE to commit. You do get damage but you have to ask yourself if the risk is worth it.

I usually just go for max damage or wall carry after the bound. But if you are fishing for more damage, instead of the shotgun after the bound, try doing a quick spiking attack like d/f+1 right after (MUST only have 4 hits or less before the bound as the juggle filler). THEN the okizeme flow chart is much simpler. They can either butt slam them if they stay grounded or side roll. If they do anything else, party crasher or her left knee should float them for a juggle. That way you don't have to worry about a scenario where they tech roll. But that's just because I don't have the reactions or battle intuition to think so many scenario's ahead :)

Thanks for picking up the mistake in my notation, I don't tend to write about this stuff often and when I do I always make mistakes. Everything is muscle memory!

It's definitely a high risk, high reward setup and not something you should spam. 3+4,4 is super risky and is mainly used as an example powerful attack that is possible in this situation. In the video I'm trying to show high damage examples, but it's very simple to trade them out for something safer. For example, I probably wouldn't ever punish with df+2,1, but it is the best option if you are certain it will hit. You can totally play it safe, but of course there are other set ups that are safer than this, with less possibilities for damage. Monitoring how an opponent reacts to knockdown and how they change their habits with pressure is incredibly important if you want to try this, you don't want to start doing it right away if you haven't got an idea of how the other player will react.

My main experience with TTT2 is playing in arcades and local matches. When you play long sets with people you start to understand their habits and can layer in mind games with much bolder predictions. I have landed a stupid number of hop kicks because of how certain I have been someone is going to duck in some situations. If I were playing someone new, I would keep this in the back pocket until I am confident I know how they will act. Simple things like listening for other players tapping buttons during one of your combos helps hugely. Being able to manipulate how another player acts is invaluable, though depending on the person it might be incredibly difficult. The few times I have stumbled into ranked online matches I have never been able to figure out what on earth some people are thinking, if they are thinking at all!

Sayah

Who was the guy who used to play with Xiaoyu back in the Tekken 6 GAF online days, who always used the magic wand? Wasn't that you?

That was me. lol
But my Xiaoyu is hardly top level. And yeeeeees, you're unbanned. Get online and join lobby man.

Sayah

Fab's Miguel really is crazy good.

Also ggs to all. I'm no higher authority on this stuff but some notes/feedback:

Rhazer: Sometimes your Nina/Anna combos do optimal damage and at other times, I think you could be doing a lot more.

Dragon: You should be using that one Ogre move that you can combo off of on counter hit a lot more. Not sure of the command. Use waning moon a lot more. Do not use d/f+1+2 with Ogre during a tag assault when you could be doing u/f+3,4,3+4.

Famicom: I think your next step should be to learn mixups. Especially with Bruce. Try to create pressure with Dragunov.

Myself: I should stop playing like garbage, lol.

Rhazer: Sometimes your Nina/Anna combos do optimal damage and at other times, I think you could be doing a lot more.

Dragon: You should be using that one Ogre move that you can combo off of on counter hit a lot more. Not sure of the command. Use waning moon a lot more. Do not use d/f+1+2 with Ogre during a tag assault when you could be doing u/f+3,4,3+4.

Famicom: I think your next step should be to learn mixups. Especially with Bruce. Try to create pressure with Dragunov.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, you are right. I wasn't executing my more devastating combos tonight when I had ample opportunities, especially against the walls where I ended combos way too quick.

Nah, I think you were playing good tonight. You're Xiayou, Yoshi, Zafina and Dragunov are very formidable, especially considering those aren't your mains yet. I dread what will happen once you start maining them. They are definitely leagues better than my Miguel and Jin.

Set MTU to 1492 in connection settings too.

Will do.

I see Sayah trying out a lot of new characters in the stream. Have you considered Feng? He's insanely good in this game. Easy to learn as well. Might be a good partner for Ling if you want to annoy people with a back-turned shenanigans team. :p

We need to play at some point, will send invite in a few.

Good matches, boutdown. I was surprised to hear you weren't too familiar with Lee. He has been around since Tekken 1 ;)

Lee and Violet have amazing Symmetry, the only problem is, if you figure out one, you figure out the other, it's why I have to switch it up.

I don't play Miguel's very often too, so I wasn't very sure how to fight him. Also, I'm free to Law's little back turn foot sweep as you noticed. ha.

Degen

yeah, I started dropping/forgetting every combo so I gave up and did auto-fillers lol... Ogre landed that move you're talking about (b+2) as a counter hit more than once and I don't think I ever followed it up. I swear I'm not always this bad lol

definitely need to use WM and command throws in general more. I keep some of the best command-throwers in the game on rotation and barely do anything with that part of their moveset right now

Sayah

yeah, I started dropping/forgetting every combo so I gave up and did auto-fillers lol... Ogre landed that move you're talking about (b+2) as a counter hit more than once and I don't think I ever followed it up. I swear I'm not always this bad lol

definitely need to use WM and command throws in general more. I keep some of the best command-throwers in the game on rotation and barely do anything with that part of their moveset right now

Nah, you still weren't playing bad. You had really good defense.

Will do.

I see Sayah trying out a lot of new characters in the stream. Have you considered Feng? He's insanely good in this game. Easy to learn as well. Might be a good partner for Ling if you want to annoy people with a back-turned shenanigans team. :p

I don't think Feng is my type of character but I'll still train with him.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, you are right. I wasn't executing my more devastating combos tonight when I had ample opportunities, especially against the walls where I ended combos way too quick.

Nah, I think you were playing good tonight. You're Xiayou, Yoshi, Zafina and Dragunov are very formidable, especially considering those aren't your mains yet. I dread what will happen once you start maining them. They are definitely leagues better than my Miguel and Jin.

Thanks man.

Started training with Yoshi today. Let's see how that fairs.

LowParry

Hey Muhnner,

I think it's because I"m currently in wireless and and can get wonky at times. I'll keep trying but if it still doesn't work, I'll have to hunt down an ethernet. :( Sorry man.

AAK

F***! I can't study. I'm having a negative withdrawal symptom and I need to play some Tekken. I'm coming on right now!

Top Bottom