• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

Sorry boutdown. I missed your invites once again. I seriously would have joined if I knew you sent them. And I automatically got signed off PSN for some reason.

Anyway, is it common for Lili players to perform highly damaging combos after her u+3+4? Because I never see anyone do it and I just came across all this combo damage you can do after that move connects.

AAK

Sorry guys, I dunno what the heck is up with my connection, I keep getting disconnected everytime I tried to join your lobby.

I went into Ranked and the same thing happened. Weird.

Manbig

Well while you guys are not able to play some online Tekken, I STRONGLY suggest you check out Mr. Naps's Bryan tutorial. Even if you are not a Bryan player, you'll get some very good info on how game theory works in Tekken. Mr. Naps is about as cerebral a player as we have in the USA and his input is always valuable.

So once again, even if you are not a Bryan player, you should check this out!

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2013/3/20/ttt2-mr-naps-bryan-fury-pseudo-tutorial.html

AAK

Well while you guys are not able to play some online Tekken, I STRONGLY suggest you check out Mr. Naps's Bryan tutorial. Even if you are not a Bryan player, you'll get some very good info on how game theory works in Tekken. Mr. Naps is about as cerebral a player as we have in the USA and his input is always valuable.

So once again, even if you are not a Bryan player, you should check this out!

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2013/3/20/ttt2-mr-naps-bryan-fury-pseudo-tutorial.html

Yo! that's the article I put up :)

Manbig

Yo! that's the article I put up :)

You're welcome. :)

I only caught bits and pieces of it live, but I'm watching through what I missed now. The tidbit about hitting Raven backturned kinda blew my mind. That's the kind of stuff that makes him a terrible character.

Sayah

You're welcome. :)

I only caught bits and pieces of it live, but I'm watching through what I missed now. The tidbit about hitting Raven backturned kinda blew my mind. That's the kind of stuff that makes him a terrible character.

Oh I'll have to watch this. Backturn Ravens are so damn annoying.

Manbig

Oh I'll have to watch this. Backturn Ravens are so damn annoying.

It's worth watching for many other breakdowns of game mechanics also. The main thing about Backturned Raven is that he has to duck to turn around quickly. To get around this, he's forced to use his counter. This makes certain mids very valuable against him.

The specific example that Naps was using is Bryans 1+2 homing move on counter hit. It forces the opponent to turn around and leaves them at -5. Because of this, Raven players that are ignorant to the matchup can eat a free Bryan 3,3,2 launch on their back.

Sayah

It's worth watching for many other breakdowns of game mechanics also. The main thing about Backturned Raven is that he has to duck to turn around quickly. To get around this, he's forced to use his counter. This makes certain mids very valuable against him.

The specific example that Naps was using is Bryans 1+2 homing move on counter hit. It forces the opponent to turn around and leaves them at -5. Because of this, Raven players that are ignorant to the matchup can eat a free Bryan 3,3,2 launch on their back.

Interesting. I never knew this.

Dereck

I don't understand how you guys even get to Green ranks, shit is hard. It's like when I fight someone who is a Grand Master that is my cut-off point. I just couldn't imagine even getting to Fighter let alone a yellow rank.

Sayah

I don't understand how you guys even get to Green ranks, shit is hard. It's like when I fight someone who is a Grand Master that is my cut-off point. I just couldn't imagine even getting to Fighter let alone a yellow rank.

Your skill level is definitely above green levels. You're probably getting nervous and thinking you're not as good when you really are. I try to always go into a serious match with the mindset that no one is perfect and everyone is vulnerable to mistakes and mixups. Doesn't matter what the rank is.

LowParry

If I played as much as the rest of the good players here do, I'm sure I'd be up there but it's just a matter of dedicating your time playing. Even though I pretty much play the game casual, I sure as hell have a lot of fun with it.

Try port forwarding. First set up a static IP address (I have no idea what this all means, I just followed the recipe Lol)

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm

Then port forward your router. go to this link:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/default.htm

First find your Router company click on the link. Then find your router model #. Then it will ask you about what software you want to port forward with. I chose PS3 Virtua Figther 5. And that will take you to a link that explains how to port forward your router using your internet browser. It's not that hard. Hope that helps.

I'm trying to follow this but I am so lost. The screenshots look really outdated and I don't know if I'm even in the right place.

Thanks anyway, AAK.

DEATH™

Im sorry. :p

But seriously you're better now than before... Though you still throw punishable stuff here and there. On our DM earlier (and even before), you always throw your pokes out of range, and thats easily punished...

Dereck

DEATH™;51184161 said:
Im sorry. :p

But seriously you're better now than before... Though you still throw punishable stuff here and there. On our DM earlier (and even before), you always throw your pokes out of range, and thats easily punished...
What's funny is that whenever either of us is about to win and we're turtling around you always managed to get the last hit in.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The republic of gamers (everybody in stream) thinks Sayah is dreaming about Nina right about now. And I think he's not wearing any pants while sleeping because Sayah is like that.

Xevren

Thanks for the Zafina stuff a couple pages back, finally was able to get some time into it today and had a lot of fun. Will just need more time to get into the thick of things.

kuroshiki

Totally random but,

x4i6a8.jpg

Everytime I see pic like this I shake my head at Namco modeler's incompetency. If Namco is smart they would have fixed this long time ago and sell tons of cloth DLCs.

But they don't. =X

DEATH™

The republic of gamers (everybody in stream) thinks Sayah is dreaming about Nina right about now. And I think he's not wearing any pants while sleeping because Sayah is like that.

That's false... It's Nina AND Anna...

Kappa

@kuroshiki They know what they're doing bro... It's the art direction they're going... It's not believable for a thin twig to level down a big guy without some muscle...

And I wish I can dress up Christie as Korra...

I spent a lot of time yesterday practicing with Lili. I think I will start using her more often as well.

Good...good...one more for our cause... >:)

I don't know what I'm going on about...but, yes, I have still been lurking this thread the whole time, even though I haven't posted much of anything in a while. Hah.

Sayah

At least it's not Alisa. :p

Good...good...one more for our cause... >:)

I don't know what I'm going on about...but, yes, I have still been lurking this thread the whole time, even though I haven't posted much of anything in a while. Hah.

Yeah, tried Lili/Yoshi out. They work well but still need another good tag partner for her.

F, F+4 all day :D

No juggles from d/b+3 anymore. Oh well, haha.

Sayah

boutdown, you are facing my brother right now. I had to go.
What's a good staple combo for Lili from ws 2? I can't figure out anything better (and easier to do) than something I use from her d/f+2.

Who is your secondary character? Or are you playing solo?
Something for Lili fans.

Her "fighting style" looks even more nonsensical in real life ;P.

I remember watching this sometime ago, haha.

Lili's gone up in rankings? I thought she was considered much better in Tekken 6? Also heard Sebastian was a better version of her.

Thoughts?

AAK

That GIF is so adorable haha.

Lili's gone up in rankings? I thought she was considered much better in Tekken 6? Also heard Sebastian was a better version of her.

Thoughts?

d/b+4 is apparently less seeable than in T6. I remember Kane saying that.

But she is definitely better in this game. Her moves compliment the tag system really well. Her f,f+3~d/f cancel into the crouch dash is amazing. Her qcf+1 is still SO GOOD. Incredible range, safe, wall splats, and the extension of 2 when you know you'll whif punish. And then of coarse, there is the diabolical Lili damage!

Sayah

Thoughts?

She's got some nerfs but she also got some buffs. Her d/b+3 no longer juggles but it is faster so it can serve as a great poke move. In T6, her f,f+3 could be use for juggle damage on hit. But in Tag 2, you can't. Instead, she can do f,f+3 - f,1,2 which is a GREAT juggle ender and can take great damage. So you're losing some things with the property changes on some of her moves but you're also gaining some awesome things in return. Overall, a pretty good and easy to learn character.

Top Bottom