• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

Sayah how in the shit do you already have Disciple with characters you started playing with last week.

I actually only played ranked matches today and got there. haha. Kyu's and Dan's are mostly people just abusing/spamming the same stuff over and over so it's not very hard to get past them.

Dereck

I actually only played ranked matches today and got there. haha. Kyu's and Dan's are mostly people just abusing/spamming the same stuff over and over so it's not very hard to get past them.
I swear everyone online is bullshit until you get to Grand Master. Then everyone starts launch punishing and back dash canceling.

Sayah

I swear everyone online is bullshit until you get to Grand Master. Then everyone starts launch punishing and back dash canceling.

Yeah, I faced this one Lili/Sebastian player that did NOTHING else except f+3+4, 3, 4.

And I got some great hatemail today too. :lol

Dereck

Elza never falls for d2,3, ever.

It's like why did they even put d2,3 in the game, it's so tempting to use but god awful on block.

DEATH™

I think Elza is my Kryptonite, how to do punish everything?

You cant... elza's the one punishing...

Spam homing moves though... noticed sh LOVES sidestepping.

I need more matches against her...

Its annoying though that I can't een seem to do what I want against her..
Dat pressure...

Sayah

Don't do backrolls against Lili. Roll over or stay on ground until Lili's finished whatever setups she is trying.

Edit: MannyBiggz is gooood.

Sayah

<----- doesn't know how to get out of King command grabs. I just mash buttons and hope I set myself free. :lol

Ass is -15, you can hopkick it, boutdown. You did it once in our last set.

GGs to everyone I played. Shoutouts to Sayah for making me fall for Yoshi crap. Btw, does anyone know who El Neet is IRL?

I wish I had a Yoshi even close the level of JustFrameJames. Working on that Lili/Yoshi team now so hopefully one day. My Lili is complete trash, though.

And yeah, AAK knows Elneef.

Edit: Also dude you played really good. Those Anna d+3,2 were coming out of nowhere.

AAK

El-Neef is a Kuwaiti Bryan player that moved to Ottawa 2 years ago. His name is Muhammad... and he's frigging good. He traveled to Japan and even got games against the best over there.

Also, TTT2 at Final Round had 193 people that pre-registered. That's pretty cool. Maybe we'll see a 256 man bracket maybe? Ice Age just posted this:

221621_10151588785601614_225875118_n.jpg

I hope I can find time to watch some of the matches :(

Manbig

Don't do backrolls against Lili. Roll over or stay on ground until Lili's finished whatever setups she is trying.

Edit: MannyBiggz is gooood.

Thank you for the compliment. :D

GGs to you all!

Yeah I don't have the matchup knowledge/experience to really hang with your mains. Only really 2 Nina players here in NYC. One of them doesn't go to sessions and just plays online (Jinmaster), and the other guy I rarely get to play games with anymore (DevilHimself).

On a side note, the reason I didn't properly punish those blocked Ling sweeps is because all of Drag's WS punishments have very unreliable hitboxes and crouch cancel into d/f2 has -1 range. I just haven't hit the lab to work on figuring out proper punishments and timings yet because I'm too lazy. lol

El-Neef is a Kuwaiti Bryan player that moved to Ottawa 2 years ago. His name is Muhammad... and he's frigging good. He traveled to Japan and even got games against the best over there.

Also, TTT2 at Final Round had 193 people that pre-registered. That's pretty cool. Maybe we'll see a 256 man bracket maybe? Ice Age just posted this:

Final Round might as well be the East Coast EVO for Tekken at this point. Just wish more of the players from California would make the trip over.

AAK

Yeah I don't have the matchup knowledge/experience to really hang with your mains. Only really 2 Nina players here in NYC. One of them doesn't go to sessions and just plays online (Jinmaster), and the other guy I rarely get to play games with anymore (DevilHimself).

What about Exalted?

Manbig

What about Exalted?

I totally forgot he picked up Nina. I really should hit him up for more sessions. Even he would admit though that his Nina is not up to snuff. He's just been a Lei player for WAY too long.

Even then, I have a lot of trouble fighting him every time. All of the NYC elite take me down easily enough, but something about him specifically leaves me more mind fucked than the others.

Sayah

I totally forgot he picked up Nina. I really should hit him up for more sessions. Even he would admit though that his Nina is not up to snuff. He's just been a Lei player for WAY too long.

Even then, I have a lot of trouble fighting him every time. All of the NYC elite take me down easily enough, but something about him specifically leaves me more mind fucked than the others.

William mixups take a long time getting used to. Everything they do just comes out of nowhere. I play them and even I am prone to all their stuff.

I'm hoping A LOT of people register on the day of the tourney and it goes past 300.

DEATH™

GGs to you all!

On a side note, the reason I didn't properly punish those blocked Ling sweeps is because all of Drag's WS punishments have very unreliable hitboxes and crouch cancel into d/f2 has -1 range. I just haven't hit the lab to work on figuring out proper punishments and timings yet because I'm too lazy. lol

Final Round might as well be the East Coast EVO for Tekken at this point. Just wish more of the players from California would make the trip over.

Jinmaster? Is it the same guy who trashtalked the game? Tell him ogre's looking for him...

PS dont worry, many wc players are coming over...

Tbh I wish tekken has a specific guy that streams everything... but everybody got no time fo dat...

PS ggs bro and to everyone. Now sayah had a glimpse on how I barely beat boutdown everytime. Its always like either I got the last hit of a 2-2 round with sliver of health, or he's about to win and I get a launch to steal the round. Kudos to boutdown for still keeping his sanity. I would tear my stick apart if I were the losing guy...

Dereck

DEATH™;51390753 said:
PS ggs bro and to everyone. Now sayah had a glimpse on how I barely beat boutdown everytime. Its always like either I got the last hit of a 2-2 round with sliver of health, or he's about to win and I get a launch to steal the round. Kudos to boutdown for still keeping his sanity. I would tear my stick apart if I were the losing guy...
Yeah, that happens a lot and I think it's funny. I noticed two things, when I'm about to win I start trying to throw out punishable launchers hoping that it connects, or I'll try to do the Law slidey and most people block. I also try to hopkick when I'm in the corner, bad idea. I'm probably gonna upload all of the matches to YT tomorrow.

Sayah

Enzo made this new feature on google docs for gaf players to register themselves. Add yourself if you wish. Directions are in his post.
Paul's is pretty easy. 1, 2, 3, 1, 2 I think it is.

I want to pick up paul but other characters keep getting in the way.
DEATH™;51390753 said:
Jinmaster? Is it the same guy who trashtalked the game? Tell him ogre's looking for him...

Tbh I wish tekken has a specific guy that streams everything... but everybody got no time fo dat...

Like Spooky?

I would vote for RIP or Aris.

And ggs man.

Manbig

Yeah, you fucked me up.

Although that Jin, AKing match was good.

Yeah, boss. GGs. I wanted to share two quick tips based on what I remember from the matches. (not much because I'm on cold medicine right now lol)

Jin's ff4 (That huge axe kick) is like +4 on block. Both of the times when I had you block it with your back to the wall, I hit you with d/f 1,4 for a 13 frame wall splat because I think you were pressing buttons. If you sense that Jin's d/f1 follow ups are coming after you blocked it, just duck. The 4 follow up is high and you can launch him and the 4~4 follow up is slow enough to see coming so you can cancel your couch and guard and reaction. If you do end up ducking the regular 4 follow up though, make sure to respond with a WS2 to make him regret it.

This is a match up specific thing, but Dragunov's primary low poke is d2. It leaves him 0 on regular hit and I think +5 on counter hit. There is a very obvious animation difference between the two so you can tell if he CH you or not. You'll also probably know since you're the one pushing the buttons to be CH out of in the first place.

EDIT: Nevermind about what I put here earlier. I thought Law's d2,3 was i10 not i11. My apologies.

Manbig

DEATH&#8482;;51390753 said:

Jinmaster trash talks a lot of things and a lot of people lol. I've barely met the guy, but I've heard many stories about him. He doesn't really seem to be traveling to any tournaments or local sessions atm though.

EDIT: Ack, sorry for the double post!

DEATH™

Jinmaster trash talks a lot of things and a lot of people lol. I've barely met the guy, but I've heard many stories about him. He doesn't really seem to be traveling to any tournaments or local sessions atm though.

EDIT: Ack, sorry for the double post!
Its ok to dp here in the tekken thread... nobody will rat you up Kappa.

And about jinmaster...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5x2n8fljAA

And ogre said he su**s d***s for a living lol
We need all the trashtalkers back...

PS I feel bad for the kid I babysit... dudes having a pacifier withdrawal now...

Manbig

DEATH™;51392169 said:
Its ok to dp here in the tekken thread... nobody will rat you up Kappa.

And about jinmaster...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5x2n8fljAA

And ogre said he su**s d***s for a living lol
We need all the trashtalkers back...

PS I feel bad for the kid I babysit... dudes having a pacifier withdrawal now...

Oh, man. You brought back some memories with that one. The feud he had going with the game was ridiculous. The Game losing to Crow's girlfriend who barely played the game didn't do him any favors either.

The Game is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better player now though.

On a side note, I edited a earlier post due to some misinformation. Sorry about that.

Sayah how in the shit do you already have Disciple with characters you started playing with last week.

Getting to Disciple isn't difficult. I got there with Asuka in about 40 matches and I had no idea what I was doing with her. Getting past the blue ranks is near impossible for me, though. I think the highest I've been was Grand Master with Leo and now she's about to be demoted back to 3rd Dan. :lol

Even in the low ranks I'm constantly going up against people like this: http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/king__jj

And this: http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/xtramint

It's ridiculous.

AAK

There is something about Jinmaster trying to steal someone's equipment at a tournament or something. I don't know the details... but I suppose it's because of that there's a soft blacklist of his name at locals and that's why he doesn't show himself around anymore?

Dereck

Getting to Disciple isn't difficult. I got there with Asuka in about 40 matches and I had no idea what I was doing with her. Getting past the blue ranks is near impossible for me, though. I think the highest I've been was Grand Master with Leo and now she's about to be demoted back to 3rd Dan. :lol

Even in the low ranks I'm constantly going up against people like this: http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/king__jj

It's ridiculous.
You don't put the settings to within 2 ranks only?

Sayah

It's ridiculous.

Don't let the win/loss ratios scare you. They might have just gotten those victories playing a lot of player matches. W/L ratio/rank doesn't really matter that much especially when you have pullers and rage quitters online.

Top Bottom