• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Manbig

One of the greatest tracks to ever come from a video game. If you haven't already, you should check out all of the No More Heroes soundtrack. You will not be dissapointed.

I've got Season of Samurai on Jin's stage, its perfect for it imo.

No More Heroes 1 and 2 do indeed have fantastic soundtracks.

Speaking of Jin's stage though, I ran into a stream while back with a dude that remixes some tracks himself. He made this pretty awesome remix of Jin's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14MTwggxz3E&feature=youtu.be

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I am more partial to house, progressive trance and eurodance. All of which goes well with Tekken. Instrumentals are more preferred. Stuff with lyrics are kept to a minimum and the less voice enhancements, the better. Yeah I really don't like stuff that goes overboard with it. There are way too many music out there that are consistent in quality throughout the whole track. If I deem something in good quality for at least 2 minutes, I might make it into something better, otherwise I don't bother at all. I usually don't mess around with stuff with lyrics though. Either they are good from the get go or they are not. First impressions are important.

Pachimari

Yeah, that was me! lol

The videos I posted are just combo guides.
Must have been weird when I sent you a message to join boutdown's room then haha.

Thanks for the videos, I'll take a look at them later today.

My weakness is, that I keep going back to button-mashing as that's what I've been doing for more than a decade.

Dereck

My weakness is, that I keep going back to button-mashing as that's what I've been doing for more than a decade.
Don't worry, I didn't even juggle in Tekken at all until I started posting in the Tekken GAF. Just like you mostly.

I do think that if you watch all three of those videos and practice those combos, you will begin to understand combos and then you can go from there.

Manbig

I'm reading the official guide and what does WS+3 mean again?

I'm trying to learn and practice some simple attacks with him alone.

WS means While Standing. So in the case of WS3, you want to go into a crouching state, let the stick/pad go back to neutral, and press 3 while you're in the animation transition of crouching to standing.

Sayah

One of the greatest tracks to ever come from a video game. If you haven't already, you should check out all of the No More Heroes soundtrack. You will not be dissapointed.

I've got Season of Samurai on Jin's stage, its perfect for it imo.

Yeah, NMH has great music and great boss fights.

I am more partial to house, progressive trance and eurodance. All of which goes well with Tekken. Instrumentals are more preferred. Stuff with lyrics are kept to a minimum and the less voice enhancements, the better. Yeah I really don't like stuff that goes overboard with it. There are way too many music out there that are consistent in quality throughout the whole track. If I deem something in good quality for at least 2 minutes, I might make it into something better, otherwise I don't bother at all. I usually don't mess around with stuff with lyrics though. Either they are good from the get go or they are not. First impressions are important.

Yeah, I'm a more instrumental person myself. Usually, if I like a song it'll be because of the beat.

Auto-tuning can lead to good, catchy vocals but then it's not very honest. I was still shocked when I heard this, though. Completely took me by surprise that that was her actual voice and there weren't any voice enhancements.

And lyrics can ruin a song completely. Tik Tok being a good example of this. Extremely catchy when you first hear it and then you read the lyrics and it becomes completely distasteful.

Sayah

I'm actually not sure, I was watching Fab's archive of his stream, he said something about Mr. Taxi no longer coming out to tournaments. No reasons were given. Fab was really disappointed :(. Maybe it's school, maybe it's career, maybe it's the money, maybe he doesn't feel like it's worth the effort, I have no idea. But I'm sure he'll still plays online and stuff.

School, career, job is pretty much the reason I can't go to a lot of these. I really don't want to have loans.

But yeah, still very sad. :/

He made a great Anna video too. Such great oki.

No More Heroes 1 and 2 do indeed have fantastic soundtracks.

Speaking of Jin's stage though, I ran into a stream while back with a dude that remixes some tracks himself. He made this pretty awesome remix of Jin's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14MTwggxz3E&feature=youtu.be

Thats a pretty sick mix.

Guys it is done. It's gonna take a miracle but hopefully I can at least win one match. Anyone else from Tekken gaf going to evo?

0croxJD.jpg

Thanks guys. Death I'm not online and wont be playing online anymore than I usually do. It will mostly be practice mode for me learning everyone's movelist and figuring out the best response to them such as punishing, ducking, sidestepping, low parrying etc. I honestly dont expect to do any damage in the tourney. Mainly going to just to have a good time. I just entered cause of evo now needing a spectator pass. A competitor's pass is only $10 more than a spectator pass so I might as well compete if I'm gonna be there. Maybe I'll get lucky and all my opponents will get too drunk and be unable to make it to their matches =)

Dereck

Thanks guys. Death I'm not online and wont be playing online anymore than I usually do. It will mostly be practice mode for me learning everyone's movelist and figuring out the best response to them such as punishing, ducking, sidestepping, low parrying etc. I honestly dont expect to do any damage in the tourney. Mainly going to just to have a good time. I just entered cause of evo now needing a spectator pass. A competitor's pass is only $10 more than a spectator pass so I might as well compete if I'm gonna be there. Maybe I'll get lucky and all my opponents will get too drunk and be unable to make it to their matches =)
Great attitude, have fun.

AAK

Good luck at EVO! Be sure to have a spectacular time :)

DEATH™;53052405 said:
OH WOW!!!

I cant come, but we'll make sure you'll be ready... you online?

Speaking of you, you live in Cali. How about going to NCR! Plan from now. Take your holidays and provisions for that day. That's what I 'm doing for Toryuken :)

AAK

AAK, when you play ranked online against people your rank, do you find the matches hard?

When the connection is fair, I find pretty much all matches from my rank to 4 levels below my rank really hard. The reactions some people have blow my mind. And with each match just being 3 rounds, it's so easy to lose a complete round to a wrong guess.

When the connections aren't fair, I usually prevail. Since Hwoarang and Julia are both really lag friendly characters.

DEATH™

Good luck at EVO! Be sure to have a spectacular time :)

Speaking of you, you live in Cali. How about going to NCR! Plan from now. Take your holidays and provisions for that day. That's what I 'm doing for Toryuken :)

I want to, but classes and finances kinda threw it off (another problem why I agree with Rip on on the tourney starting Friday). Though I seriously itching for offline competition, I gotta get clean on my studies first...

Though I'm already saving money for a tourney in the future... My goal was at least go to FR or EVO next year (or any tourneys in the end of this year). It's kinda long... but its the most practical for me now. Good things come for those who wait I guess...

GGs boutdown. I was gonna do a couple more but it must have disconnected. Dat lag. Dropped combos everywhere. Needed more dragon trails. :p Your Miguel is super scary with rage.

It's amazing how fast you forget in this game. I used Nina/Anna and Bruce as recently as last week and I didn't know any moves today. :lol It wasn't until round 3 I remembered Bruce had a hopkick.

Dereck

Dude you need to chill out. Your Feng destroyed me and I am afraid. You also caught me a lot on backrolls with Ganryu and Feng.

Dude you need to chill out. Your Feng destroyed me and I am afraid. You also caught me a lot on backrolls with Ganryu and Feng.

If I caught any backrolls, it was accidental. I basically choose a random move and hope for best after a knockdown. :p

Just remember Feng's f+3,4 (crazy long range launcher) is launch punishable. I just throw that move out randomly sometimes, so make sure you kill me for it.

Dereck

If I caught any backrolls, it was accidental. I basically choose a random move and hope for best after a knockdown. :p

Just remember Feng's f+3,4 (crazy long range launcher) is launch punishable. I just throw that move out randomly sometimes, so make sure you kill me for it.
I was trying to punish all of f+3,4 from Feng, but like always, when I know a certain move is launch punishable, I try to punish it before the move has been blocked. I need to find a way to stop being so antsy.

You also caught me on a lot of those get up juggles, I had no idea you could even do that.

I was trying to punish all of f+3,4 from Feng, but like always, when I know a certain move is launch punishable, I try to punish it before the move has been blocked. I need to find a way to stop being so antsy.

You also caught me on a lot of those get up juggles, I had no idea you could even do that.

lol, only Feng has that. 3+4 while grounded does a handspring thing that leads to a full combo. People are just bewildered the first time they get hit by it. It's hilarious.

Just one of the many reasons to play him. :D

Punishing is my weakness too. I'm so hesitant to press buttons after blocking because of assholes like Steve and Hwoarang. ;_;

Dereck

I think I need to stay the hell away from people on the ground, that always screws me up. I was playing online yesterday and I noticed that when I'm near someone on the group, they get me with a get up or attack, or I'll whiff an attack while their grounded, and they tag in and launch me. I need to think more, thanks CookiePants for the matches.

Korean etokki Omni stick get! Courtesy of Aris. :)

Now I just have to get around playing with it some more to get comfortable with it. Feels like I have more to push with the stick compared with the Qanba I had before but I should get used it sooner or later.

Although with the short time I had with it, iWR attacks like slash kicks feel a LOT more easier to do. I should do those more often. As well as iWS+2 with DVJ, I'm landing this a lot more often then before but I don't think I've completely gotten that down yet.

Overall though it seems to be a pretty good stick so far.

Hyun Sai

Hi guys, I'm trying to get back after my hand injury.

This is my new PSN ID, I sent messages to those I already played with, but I may have missed some.

--------------

PSN : Hyun-Sai

Xbox Live : Hyun Sai

Timezone : US East daylight time.

Team : Baek/Wang

--------------

See you in game !

AAK

Korean etokki Omni stick get! Courtesy of Aris. :)

Now I just have to get around playing with it some more to get comfortable with it. Feels like I have more to push with the stick compared with the Qanba I had before but I should get used it sooner or later.

Although with the short time I had with it, iWR attacks like slash kicks feel a LOT more easier to do. I should do those more often. As well as iWS+2 with DVJ, I'm landing this a lot more often then before but I don't think I've completely gotten that down yet.

Overall though it seems to be a pretty good stick so far.

Maybe it's cause I'm a weakling, but man that stick made my left arm tired way too fast. The internal spring mechanism on those sticks is real stiff!

DEATH™

Maybe it's cause I'm a weakling, but man that stick made my left arm tired way too fast. The internal spring mechanism on those sticks is real stiff!

Bro, don't use your wrist much. Usually, a finger tap will do the command, not only it would make your commands faster, it would prevent future carpal tunnel wrist...

@wonkey the link you gave me is too good!!!

After my test, I'll try to look up the other pics soon.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I suggest when watching archives you pop out the video and resize it to the same size as the video of the old page. New channel page has the bigger badass video size but it degrades the actual stream quality heavily. Resolution is lowered and it becomes muddy and pixelated. I am not for the new page. Until Twitch can actually fix that which I don't think they will, the old page is superior.

And I might be able to stream tomorrow depending.

Top Bottom