• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Silly noob question, but how does tracking on projectiles work? In a match last night I got lasered a whole bunch by a Devil Jin and couldn't seem to dodge it. I was trying to time a sidestep just as they were starting up the laser but it still kept hitting me. Is a quick sidestep the right idea and I'm just mistiming it?

danmaku

IIRC you can duck under DJ's laser (and Alisa's rockets), if it's the horizontal laser. You can sidestep his "air to ground" laser. I think it depends on the move, or maybe you need to sidewalk instead of sidestep.

GrayFoxPL

Silly noob question, but how does tracking on projectiles work? In a match last night I got lasered a whole bunch by a Devil Jin and couldn't seem to dodge it. I was trying to time a sidestep just as they were starting up the laser but it still kept hitting me. Is a quick sidestep the right idea and I'm just mistiming it?

Devil ground laser is better to duck as a rule. Laser can be steered to left and right by holding U or D to catch sidesteping players. But must be guessed initially by devil player.

GrayFoxPL

Wow I just saw a perfect recreation of versus Bob fight in Korean movie.

iex7HnToqJgnG.gif

Yep, yep.

DEATH™

Snake Edges are no laughing matter if you're the one getting hit by them.

I laugh at how people still do the thing after rounds of getting punished... You can almost read them like a book when they do a snake edge "setup" and I'm like lololol. I thought one to two rounds of getting punished and losing aint enough to teach them a lesson. Then after that, it turns into me being a choker...

Dereck

That's one of the reasons why I officially dropped Bryan, there is no instance where I can do a Snake Edge and feel about myself and say, "aww yeah that was a good strat". I also never do Dragon Tails, I always feel like such a scrub when I use those kinds of attacks.

GrayFoxPL

That's one of the reasons why I officially dropped Bryan, there is no instance where I can do a Snake Edge and feel about myself and say, "aww yeah that was a good strat". I also never do Dragon Tails, I always feel like such a scrub when I use those kinds of attacks.

1,2,1 Snake Edge - Bryan Flowchart

I don't do the same move more then 2-3 times in a row especially when someone gets hit by it every time, feels bad. Besides I'm afraid they'll ragequit, lol.
When playing online it's good to give opponent one round if you feel you got it in the bag. Giving false hope may prevent ragequiting.

Manbig

1,2,1 Snake Edge - Bryan Flowchart

I don't do the same move more then 2-3 times in a row especially when someone gets hit by it every time, feels bad. Besides I'm afraid they'll ragequit, lol.
When playing online it's good to give opponent one round if you feel you got it in the bag. Giving false hope may prevent ragequiting.

You guys are too kind. :p

The moment someone lets me get away with Drag b4,2,1, it becomes a short match for them.

GrayFoxPL

The moment someone lets me get away with Drag b4,2,1, it becomes a short match for them.

Oh god, my most hated string in the game. When it hits you're at such ridiculous frame disadvantage and so close to Drag you're fucked either way and can only pray you can guess one of the 15 mixups. And don't start on the damage.

Broken as fuck! I can take deathfist in the gut any day over this. :p

When Harada notices, this will be all high -50 on hit, non nC and do 7 of damage in next Tekken. :p

Oh man this happened to me once and it was so damn funny. 3 of them and I was done, shortest round ever. My life bar just kept draining. Gotta see if I still have the replay and maybe I can get a ghetto off cam vid up to show you guys.

DEATH™;53309667 said:
I laugh at how people still do the thing after rounds of getting punished... You can almost read them like a book when they do a snake edge "setup" and I'm like lololol. I thought one to two rounds of getting punished and losing aint enough to teach them a lesson. Then after that, it turns into me being a choker...

Lmao, similar thing happened to me. I hopkicked this guy's snake edge like 4 times in a row. Two rounds up, I thought surely he wouldn't try it again. He did, and I didn't anticipate it. Wound up swinging the momentum in his favour.

I lost that match. ;_; Sometimes stupidity is the most dangerous weapon in this game.

Manbig

Oh god, my most hated string in the game. When it hits you're at such ridiculous frame disadvantage and so close to Drag you're fucked either way and can only pray you can guess one of the 15 mixups. And don't start on the damage.

Broken as fuck! I can take deathfist in the gut any day over this. :p

When Harada notices, this will be all high -50 on hit, non nC and do 7 of damage in next Tekken. :p

Hey, they did nerf it in Tag 2. It's only +4 on block now instead of +5! :D

Lmao, similar thing happened to me. I hopkicked this guy's snake edge like 4 times in a row. Two rounds up, I thought surely he wouldn't try it again. He did, and I didn't anticipate it. Wound up swinging the momentum in his favour.

I lost that match. ;_; Sometimes stupidity is the most dangerous weapon in this game.

One of the big lessons to learn about mind games vs unknown opponents is that you have to make your opponent force you to play honest. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt if they didn't earn it.

ZTS

Banned
DEATH™;53340864 said:
I would... I'm doing my homework though...

Now, I'm starting to wonder if being a pro-gamer/TO would play just as much as being a random worker with a degree...

Pro-players play more than you realize. I work full time and go to school full time finding time to play is always hard.

DEATH™

Pro-players play more than you realize. I work full time and go to school full time finding time to play is always hard.

Sorry for the wrong spelling... I meant pay (how much would a pro gamer earn usually)... But it's interesting to know how long pro-gamers practice too... I would love to earn money playing Tekken and Starcraft.

#ESPORTS

P.S. I got a feeling that if FG is gonna be E-Sports, Tekken would be the main running FG based by what I'm seeing around me... I dunno if I feel bad about Blizzard buying IPL killing Capcom fighting games chance to be E-Sports lololol

(Though I don't see Marvel becoming E-Sports just by how broken/unbalanced that is, yet that's the most popular among the American FGC. AE and SFxT are the ones more suitable for E-Sports IMO).

Yeah, I think I am done with online for a little bit. I am losing to shit I shouldn't be losing to, AND the connections are just not to par.
I also have Exams to study for.

mr_boo

Yeah, I think I am done with online for a little bit. I am losing to shit I shouldn't be losing to, AND the connections are just not to par.
I also have Exams to study for.
Sounds like what's been happening to me. Lately, it seems like I can push the fight to the last round, but then I simply lose it badly in the last round. Day before yesterday, I lost something like seven in a row and a few of those losses were like that. I'm not sure what it is, but when it rains it pours.

Dereck

Sounds like what's been happening to me. Lately, it seems like I can push the fight to the last round, but then I simply lose it badly in the last round.
That's like every fight for me.

"I won two rounds, I guess that means I can throw out punishable shit and not block at all the last round."

DEATH™

It sure is. I want to love this game badly but I suck so much. Curse the learning curve :(

That's why the game is sooooo good. The good feeling when you punish something/win is amplified so much because getting to that point is hard...

-------------

DEATH™;53309667 said:

DEATH™;53446677 said:
That's why the game is sooooo good. The good feeling when you punish something/win is amplified so much because getting to that point is hard...

-------------

Gah...well no pain no gain I guess...

Does anyone want to play? Voice chat would be nice too.

Good games once again! Solo mode really did help out. I feel like the biggest obstacle in the game by far will be my poor reflexes. I can't block low at all. Just something to work on I guess.

I also feel like I've finally found the team I want to use, but deciding on a point and anchor is difficult so I'll ask for Gaf's help. Who would be better in what position for Jun and Yoshimitsu on a team?

Dereck

Good games once again! Solo mode really did help out. I feel like the biggest obstacle in the game by far will be my poor reflexes. I can't block low at all. Just something to work on I guess.

I also feel like I've finally found the team I want to use, but deciding on a point and anchor is difficult so I'll ask for Gaf's help. Who would be better in what position for Jun and Yoshimitsu on a team?
Towards the end of our matches you were throwing out some good TAs, expand on those.

Alright, thanks! I will! Might take me a while since Jun is by far the easier one to combo with. I only know very few Yoshi combos because I'm still trying to find out exactly what I should be doing with the character...

Manbig

Cool. Out of curiosity, how many of y'all also do martial arts? I started taking intro kickboxing classes due in part to how much I liked Tekken. Apparently EWGF isn't a real thing.

Unless you want to break your pinky, pretty sure uppercuts in general don't work like that. :p

Dereck

If you want to fight like Bruce or Hwoarang based off of Bruce and Hwoarang realistically, that's good. Mishima's no, lol.

Like 60% of the Tekken roster have legit and actual performable fighting styles and the other 40% is mixed with some real shit and other bullshit that would hurt you if you attempted.

Sayah

DEATH™;53457405 said:
http://fightland.vice.com/fightland-meets/uriah-hall

Tekken wins you MMA fights...

I wonder if he tried Lars uf+3 lol

Niiiiiiiice.

As silly as it may sound, Tekken serves as inspiration for me. One, it's one of the four or five franchises that has still has me invested in gaming. I would have quit gaming long ago otherwise. Two, I love how you never stop learning in this game. It's never ending and there's always (and always) room for improvement. Three, it's really well balanced. No bullshit to deal with. No gimmmicks, no infinites, no crap. Four, it's complete and not rushed to market for quick bucks. Free characters/DLC. No Super/Ultimate editions.

Most importantly, six, the gameplay system is fantastic and absolutely the deepest level of gameplay I've ever experienced.

This and a lot of other positives going strong for this series. Tekken Tag 2 epitomizes an ideal fighting game and is one of the best achievements in the gaming industry. But of course, when you're this good, there's always going to be naysayers and haters.

Dereck

Niiiiiiiice.

As silly as it may sound, Tekken serves as inspiration for me. One, it's one of the four or five franchises that has still has me invested in gaming. I would have quit gaming long ago otherwise. Two, I love how you never stop learning in this game. It's never ending and there's always (and always) room for improvement. Three, it's really well balanced. No bullshit to deal with. No gimmmicks, no infinites, no crap. Four, it's complete and not rushed to market for quick bucks. Free characters/DLC. No Super/Ultimate editions.

Most importantly, six, the gameplay system is fantastic and absolutely the deepest level of gameplay I've ever experienced.

This and a lot of other positives going strong for this series. Tekken Tag 2 epitomizes an ideal fighting game and is one of the best achievements in the gaming industry. But of course, when you're this good, there's always going to be naysayers and haters.
tumblr_lzfeo1zxTg1qcq2vho1_500.gif

Skilletor

Niiiiiiiice.

Tekken 5
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6
Tekken 6 Bloodline rebellion
Tekken Tag 2
Tekken Tag 2 Unlimited

We also had to wait 2+ years for ports of T6 and TTT2. Given the option I would've rather had a semi-broken game to play with a big patch a year later over waiting so long to play it.

I mean, I agree it's a great series, but, yeah, they definitely have "super" versions, and we have to wait hella long to get them.

:p

DEATH™

Cool. Out of curiosity, how many of y'all also do martial arts? I started taking intro kickboxing classes due in part to how much I liked Tekken. Apparently EWGF isn't a real thing.

Practiced Arnis. Watched Taekwondo alot at high-school. Most TKD players I know loves both Baek and Hwoarang as they do stuff that TKD practitioners actually do.

Speaking of Arnis, I was really happy when they added a second sword for Yoshimitsu. I can recognize techniques that we do.

Unless you want to break your pinky, pretty sure uppercuts in general don't work like that. :p

I thought wgf is pretty real. Not EWGF, but wgf where you actually duck and do the uppercut aimed just above at the neck (not necessary chin). It looks sideways since you actually twist your fist as it goes up to maximize the force/get every muscle involved. Though the effect won't work like you launch someone perfectly straight in the air...

Tekken 5
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
Tekken 6
Tekken 6 Bloodline rebellion
Tekken Tag 2
Tekken Tag 2 Unlimited

We also had to wait 2+ years for ports of T6 and TTT2. Given the option I would've rather had a semi-broken game to play with a big patch a year later over waiting so long to play it.

I mean, I agree it's a great series, but, yeah, they definitely have "super" versions, and we have to wait hella long to get them.

:p

TBH I rather have that... You never know if the company decides to stop doing patches or they make a really flawed game. I rather wait for a polished game than a SFxT ver.1 or Marvel...

Top Bottom