• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Dereck

What was he bitching about? I mean, he won quite convincingly.
He had three matches before with the same guy in the same stream, you would have to watch those matches to understand why he was so angry.

He was trolling with silly moves, lagging, and sending very satly messages to Aris, and knowing Aris you could basically sum up what happened next.

Sayah

lol and it was against that piece of shit heartsupernoob. He was in a gaf lobby once, I beat him and he proceeded to talk hella shit, dude just cant take a loss.

I remember that, hahahaha.
I think that guy was cosmetic heart in T6 and switched to heartsupernoob in TTT2. Not completely sure about that, though. I met him in ranked. He sent me a FR a long long while ago and I had added him. It's not that he's a bad player or sucks. Dude just can't handle a loss. And I think he's also on WTF's blacklist for lag switching.

Haha. I was watching that same Aris video last night. Weird.

And yeah, you see GAF players pop up on streams from time to time. Mainly AAK and Sayah. I always root for them. :D

Dereck

There was a stream where Sayah fought Rip like three times in a row with the Rip double Laws and double Williams. Lulz were had.

AAK

Oh man, I just saw my match with Aris on stream... I'm such an online player haha. Because of the extra frames of lag with both of us being 5,000+ miles away from each other, I got away with so much crap. He would have slaughtered me in a real match.

I figured it out guys. I understand now. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 doesn't have online. That was the secret all along. You see there are actually 2 games on one disk. They just labeled it wrong. Offline mode was clearly just suppose to be Tekken Tag Tournament 2, while Online was suppose to be Tekken Ham Tournament 2. It's an online only version of the game and all you do is go Ham. Just do it, doesn't mater.

Tekken Ham Tournament 2: King of the Iron Ham Tournament.

It works online. Don't let it get to you haha. Online is pretty good for learning about matchups IMO and testing things out. Only time it gets really frustrating is when you come across lag switchers, but other than that, just play it for what it's worth and be thankful you have an offline scene.

ZTS

Banned
Oh man, I just saw my match with Aris on stream... I'm such an online player haha. Because of the extra frames of lag with both of us being 5,000+ miles away from each other, I got away with so much crap. He would have slaughtered me in a real match.

It works online. Don't let it get to you haha. Online is pretty good for learning about matchups IMO and testing things out. Only time it gets really frustrating is when you come across lag switchers, but other than that, just play it for what it's worth and be thankful you have an offline scene.

It is not good for learning match ups.

AAK

I personally disagree, I learned so much about the tech traps and oki setups so many characters have through playing online.

And it's also through playing online expose me to certain strings that have a very specific things that need to be done to beat. For example I played a leo player once that used her u/f+1 string quite a bit. Being mid mid, I automatically assumed it was punishable and went for a jab punish only for her to duck and launch me. Now that I was exposed to that move I'd go into practice mode and figure out how to beat it (in this case SSR). It's good that I learn this now rather than travel for a tournament and lose to it. The same thing goes for a bunch of Marduk's strings that look like a mid but are actually high.

Again, online isn't at all a metric of proving you're a better Tekken player, but it still has its uses and it can be enjoyable with the right mindset.

Sayah

Online is great for learning matchup experience imo. Especially when you see certain characters abusing certain moves and then you go and learn ways to counter that stuff in practice......it helps.....it helps a lot.

BTW that low block you made with Nina on that close match was good.

Oh, and did you buy the recorder?

Yep, I bought it. Still waiting on shipping, though. It's been over a week.

In the meantime, I already started work on the tutorial some time ago. Started categorizing different moves (i.e. launchers, punishers, bound moves, strings, etc) and made lists and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfJ19c1yWSc

YOU SCURRED hahaha.

Edit: I highly recommend you hit the automatic captions button on the video. :lol

hahahahahahaa. oh man.

Edit: Are people still really bitching about Eddy/Christie/Tiger? They're not that hard to figure out and a lot of what they do can be interrupted and punished.

AAK

Edit: Are people still really bitching about Eddy/Christie/Tiger? They're not that hard to figure out and a lot of what they do can be interrupted and punished.

It's pretty hard for Hwoarang trust me ;) But yeah, They are no Lars/Leo that's for sure.

BTW I'm back TekkenGAF. Let's play I'm online now!

Sayah

It's pretty hard for Hwoarang trust me ;) But yeah, They are no Lars/Leo that's for sure.

BTW I'm back TekkenGAF. Let's play I'm online now!

You're back but I got crazy ton of work to do until April 26. Then, I'm free.

But I'll play right now. :)

For some reason, I can never join someone else's lobby. Even if the person is living close to me. :/

Does Lars' u/f+3 crush low, mind AND high? Such a dumb move. I can't even start a round with a jab cause that shit will beat it.

AAK

For some reason, I can never join someone else's lobby. Even if the person is living close to me. :/

Does Lars' u/f+3 crush low, mind AND high? Such a dumb move. I can't even start a round with a jab cause that shit will beat it.

Yeah, apparently there is a frame in there that will crush mids too haha.

Dumb move indeed. Best bet is to block and hopkick or d/f+2

AAK

From Wonkey's post in the FGCW thread:

Intercolo 3v3 Korean Tekken tourney is now on for the other 2 guys in here that care. :p

http://www.twitch.tv/greentekken/old

Place is pretty packed today.

Szv3t1d.png

This looks juicy.

DEATH™;53747319 said:
AAK!!!

After a SS, King's 1+2,3_1 is a great option.

Yeah LOL, my King has a millenium of experience needed before being competitive.

Sayah

It might be your internet then. You can try hosting next time there's a lobby and see if that works.

How dumb am I to not only not duck, but to then try and punish a safe string against Jun who is one of my main characters. I know all of her safe/not safe and duckable crap and yet instead of doing the correct thing I do the worst possible thing. My stupidity knows no bounds.

Shoutouts to Kadey for another entertaining night of Tekken.

mr_boo

How dumb am I to not only not duck, but to try and punish a safe string against Jun who is one of my main characters. I know all of her safe/not safe and duckable crap and yet instead of doing the correct thing I do the worst possible thing. My stupidity knows no bounds.

Happens to me all the time, so you're not the only one. I know exactly how you feel :)

Sayah

How dumb am I to not only not duck, but to then try and punish a safe string against Jun who is one of my main characters. I know all of her safe/not safe and duckable crap and yet instead of doing the correct thing I do the worst possible thing. My stupidity knows no bounds.

Don't worry. The same thing happens to me when I have mirror matches against other Williams players.

And yeah, really fun lobby/stream tonight. ZTS hates online but I hope he joins the lobbies more often.

GGs to everyone that played.

Happens to me all the time, so you're not the only one. I know exactly how you feel :)

It's so frustrating. I think the only way to get past this is to just keep playing. You can spend all the time in the world in practice mode but you have to play actual matches to get those reactions down.

Don't worry. The same thing happens to me when I have mirror matches against other Williams players.

And yeah, really fun lobby/stream tonight. ZTS hates online but I hope he joins the lobbies more often.

GGs to everyone that played.

Well I don't feel so bad now if it even happens to you haha. I wanted to join the lobby once I saw AAK left but with all of you being on the east coast and it being past 3am I figured you guys would be calling it a night soon. I ended up getting in a good amount of matches while waiting for a spot though so I still got my fix =)

Manbig

GGs all. I gotta stop letting Sayah goad me into joining these damn rooms in the middle of the night. My sleep schedule is fucked up!

Sayah

Sayah has potential if he'd just chill out.

BTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYKupOsaJmk

That character is fuckin cheap.

I hate playing defensive. I like to do pressure/rushdown/mixups/etc. Though, I am working on improving defense. Hopefully I'm getting better.

GGs all. I gotta stop letting Sayah goad me into joining these damn rooms in the middle of the night. My sleep schedule is fucked up!

I'm gonna now get less than four hours of sleep before work in the morning. :/
Really sucks. But the lobby time was worth it. Maybe we can do lobbies earlier in the evening?

Well I don't feel so bad now if it even happens to you haha. I wanted to join the lobby once I saw AAK left but with all of you being on the east coast and it being past 3am I figured you guys would be calling it a night soon. I ended up getting in a good amount of matches while waiting for a spot though so I still got my fix =)

Yeah, I usually don't like mirror matches. I think there are probably more here that also feel the same way. It's frustrating because you know everything about your character but can't properly punish or react to things when you do end up facing against him/her.

Manbig

I'm gonna now get less than four hours of sleep before work in the morning. :/
Really sucks. But the lobby time was worth it. Maybe we can do lobbies earlier in the evening?

I'm mostly messing around. Not asking for early lobbies. Joining the lobby the last few times is the most Tekken I've played in ages honestly lol. I just have too many things going on to want to put the necessary amount of time required to getting good at this game. I'd rather avoid the frustration of not being able to move the way I know I can, punish what I know I can punish, and execute the way I know I can, because I can't put enough practice in. :p

Fraeon

I don't know. I like the TTT2 online not only because it's really good once you find a whole bunch of players with good connections (not that hard where I'm from) but in ranked, you get exposed to the level 1 bullshit for every damn character there is. I don't think that should be underestimated.

Good games guys. Sorry I had to run all of a sudden, but I had to take care of something and when I returned, several online friends wanted me to play TTT2 with them after we previously made arrangements for tonight earlier during the week. My rustiness wore off a little when I played them at least. My friend's Laws are terrifying to fight imo and he makes it seem like Law has very little weaknesses. Yeah, I definitely need to get back into playing this game again and that's been hard because I've been so busy. I'm still having fun with it even after all this time.

I also HATE mirror matches.

Dereck

Every mirror match for me.

1. See attacks and know what's coming.

2. Punish the attack before it's actually over.

3. Attacks land

4. Match lost

It might be your internet then. You can try hosting next time there's a lobby and see if that works.

Nah, the issue is definitely on my end. Not much I can do about it though. Me hosting would probably make it easier for myself, but more difficult for everyone else.

Does anyone know how to cancel Ganryu's b+2,1 string? I've seen combos where he goes instantly out of that and into d/f+4,1,2 etc. but I can only follow up with full crouch moves.

Soo wondering around Tekken Central with Google Translate blindly made me somehow find this thread:

http://tekkencentral.dailygame.co.kr/bbs/index.php?document_srl=5716241

The poster posted up a magnet link of full recordings of the pools for the Intercolo Cup tournament in Green Arcade If you're interested. Sorta like the ghetto Tekken Busters links a bit back. If you want the recordings here's the magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E4157CA15FE80625018483362A11A77224009E12&dn=Capture&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce

AAK

GGs to everyone yesterday.

Soo wondering around Tekken Central with Google Translate blindly made me somehow find this thread:

http://tekkencentral.dailygame.co.kr/bbs/index.php?document_srl=5716241

The poster posted up a magnet link of full recordings of the pools for the Intercolo Cup tournament in Green Arcade If you're interested. Sorta like the ghetto Tekken Busters links a bit back. If you want the recordings here's the magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E4157CA15FE80625018483362A11A77224009E12&dn=Capture&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce

Oooh nice, I'll give it a shot!

ETA 4 - 5 hours... :/

Fraeon

I hate losing a match to someone who basically only gets any damage with 10 strings. Learnt the most common ones but fuck me it seems I have to go into the lab to look at Zafina's and Kuni's too.

Good games once again boutdown. Man this game is tiring, haha. I'm glad I have a feel for who I like more on point now and I was able to experiment a bit, but I really need to explore these movesets. Admittedly I just used moves that the book recommended, but now I'll be sure to dig deep into the novelists to become less predictable.

And I keep forgetting about Yoshi's Soul Stealer...sigh...

Top Bottom