• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I hate losing a match to someone who basically only gets any damage with 10 strings. Learnt the most common ones but fuck me it seems I have to go into the lab to look at Zafina's and Kuni's too.

They need to get rid of 10 strings. They were cool ten years ago, but there's no place for them in the current game.

Dereck

They're there for people who just want to win. Unless you know exactly where to low parry.

People who do 10 hit combos on me while I'm against the wall deserve to get their game taken away.

They're there for people who just want to win. Unless you know exactly where to low parry.

People who do 10 hit combos on me while I'm against the wall deserve to get their game taken away.

As Aris would say "they're going straight to hell" :p

Who would you guys say is the best Ganryu player? I know Rickstah uses him, but I'm sure there's someone better in Japan or Korea.

The best Ganryu player? OkeyD

happy-oh-stop-it-you1.png

Thanks. *heads over to Youtube*

GrayFoxPL

They need to get rid of 10 strings. They were cool ten years ago, but there's no place for them in the current game.

Harada answered to that - if they'll take them away other ppl will whine.

He seems to be fed up with the complains.

But yeah, they should be gone. No one will learn every character something like 130+ ten strings proprieties just to deal with tards.

Good luck.

thx

Well, I lost my first fight since I was paired against probably the 2nd best player there tonight >_<

I re-learned alot and actually talked to people who hooked me up with more local people to play with so it should be good.

I ranked pretty high on the looser bracket all the way up to the near top (if I won one more I would have been in the top fight in the losers bracket).

I am happy how I did honestly, alot better than I was expecting even against the more experienced players. Some even asked how long I've been playing Tekken... looking back it crazy but its ever since Tekken 3's PS1 release around 97 so thats... 16 years 0_0 damn

Sayah

thx

Well, I lost my first fight since I was paired against probably the 2nd best player there tonight >_<

I re-learned alot and actually talked to people who hooked me up with more local people to play with so it should be good.

I ranked pretty high on the looser bracket all the way up to the near top (if I won one more I would have been in the top fight in the losers bracket).

I am happy how I did honestly, alot better than I was expecting even against the more experienced players. Some even asked how long I've been playing Tekken... looking back it crazy but its ever since Tekken 3's PS1 release around 97 so thats... 16 years 0_0 damn

Great to hear you had a good time.

And you're veteran status man.

Dereck

GAF, you're gonna have to excuse me but I am so proud of myself right now.

Went online, won like 4 matches, lost 2 matches to this JC/Michelle player who was really good. Then I met this one Bryan/Dragunov player, first time, he had double promos to Grand Master.

Turns out that, yes, he was a Snake edge whore. His pattern was this, with Bryan, he would do, 1,2,3, Snake Edge. Every time, like there was no variation to this. I think I blocked it twice, but I was so scared that if I ducked and tried to block the Snake Edge, he would do something else, but he never did.

Beat me 3 rounds to 1 with that shit. Then I fight him again, turns out, I got double promos for this match. I'm thinking, this is the test. So, I noticed that I wouldn't attack at all, I froze up because I kept wanting to block/anticipate/ the Snake Edge. Then after I lost one round, I realized that, I don't have to block something if I never let my opponent do the attack. So I just kept doing back turn mixups with Law/back turn, low, high, mid poker. Didn't give his Dragunov a chance to attack. Just rushed down that damn prick.

Got to Grand Master with Miguel. I know ranks are insignificant. but what is special about this is that I just said fuck it I didn't let him control the match. If this was 2 months ago, I would have let nerves get the best of me, and I would have been a Snake Edge eater.

Also, I think it was Sayah who said that, just because I'm playing Ranked does not mean everyone is untouchable. If I don't attack I can't win.

Ranked just gives people more room for people to just let shit ride. Which is why I stopped once my Baek got to Warrior and just stuck to Player Matches.

MikeMyers

Yeah, my parents got me a PS1 when I was 4 and it came with Tekken 2.

15 / 19 years I've been playing Tekken, hell you might as well get rid of those baby years since I couldn't even talk then, I've been playing Tekken my whole life.

Degen

from now on in Gaf lobbies, my squad is Best-King/Best-Ogre with the occasional Jack-6 or Marduk. I wanna say "the gloves are off" but that might be the wrong phrase and I'm too lazy to figure it out

reason being, I'm forgetting way too many moves and strats in general

Next time I pick Jinpachi in a Gaf lobby, somebody reach through the internet and punch me in the face

if it's Dragunov... just knock his ass out with dignity please

I think picking Ancient Ogre is enough torture by itself so he gets a pass

edit:
Battle Arena Toshinden crossover, nice

King/Duke let's go

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;53969988 said:
I'm intruigued... A tekken RPG? A smash like game? Or a Anarchy Reigns type game?

I guessnI shouldn't get my hopes too high...

While I'm waiting for Tekken rpg whole time this looks like some tiny cellphone game, and it was registered in Europe.

Sayah

from now on in Gaf lobbies, my squad is Best-King/Best-Ogre with the occasional Jack-6 or Marduk. I wanna say "the gloves are off" but that might be the wrong phrase and I'm too lazy to figure it out

reason being, I'm forgetting way too many moves and strats in general

Next time I pick Jinpachi in a Gaf lobby, somebody reach through the internet and punch me in the face

if it's Dragunov... just knock his ass out with dignity please

I think picking Ancient Ogre is enough torture by itself so he gets a pass

edit:

Battle Arena Toshinden crossover, nice

King/Duke let's go

Interesting final team for you.

GAF, you're gonna have to excuse me but I am so proud of myself right now.

Went online, won like 4 matches, lost 2 matches to this JC/Michelle player who was really good. Then I met this one Bryan/Dragunov player, first time, he had double promos to Grand Master.

Turns out that, yes, he was a Snake edge whore. His pattern was this, with Bryan, he would do, 1,2,3, Snake Edge. Every time, like there was no variation to this. I think I blocked it twice, but I was so scared that if I ducked and tried to block the Snake Edge, he would do something else, but he never did.

Beat me 3 rounds to 1 with that shit. Then I fight him again, turns out, I got double promos for this match. I'm thinking, this is the test. So, I noticed that I wouldn't attack at all, I froze up because I kept wanting to block/anticipate/ the Snake Edge. Then after I lost one round, I realized that, I don't have to block something if I never let my opponent do the attack. So I just kept doing back turn mixups with Law/back turn, low, high, mid poker. Didn't give his Dragunov a chance to attack. Just rushed down that damn prick.

Got to Grand Master with Miguel. I know ranks are insignificant. but what is special about this is that I just said fuck it I didn't let him control the match. If this was 2 months ago, I would have let nerves get the best of me, and I would have been a Snake Edge eater.

Also, I think it was Sayah who said that, just because I'm playing Ranked does not mean everyone is untouchable. If I don't attack I can't win.
Keep going at it. You're way better than grand master level. Just nervousness was holding you back I think.

Also, I tested the quality for roxio game capture. Thanks for the recommendation. I like it so far.

Change video quality to 720p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egAaB3Ks_Tw

AAK

Ranked just gives people more room for people to just let shit ride. Which is why I stopped once my Baek got to Warrior and just stuck to Player Matches.

Yo, post your PSN, you should join us in our lobbies sometime :)

thx

Congrats! Enjoy the game brother :)

Woah, that looks really solid. Good stuff! I kinda want one now lol. Also... how the hell did you get to conqueror rank so fast??? You were Vanquisher yesterday! Lol.

Also, did you register for ECT yet?

If anyone is interested in learning some good stuff about Lee/Violet (both how to play them and how to fight them), GM was on this podcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWRqPOxJ0EQ&feature=youtu.be

I'd like the resident Lee/Violet player, and always looking for ways to boost my game, so thanks.

Also, you guys who don't play them don't watch this! ;P

Sayah, how do you have only a 59% win streak? Your Sisters team is so good.

Sayah

Woah, that looks really solid. Good stuff! I kinda want one now lol. Also... how the hell did you get to conqueror rank so fast??? You were Vanquisher yesterday! Lol.

Also, did you register for ECT yet?

Yeah, roxio is great. Just one warning, though. PS3 doesn't seem to support HDMI. You will need one HDMI connected from laptop to the device. And from the device to the PS3 you need component cables. I already had these so it wasn't a big deal for me.

Haven't registered for ECT. I was going to and then I decided not to because my schedule is currently inconsistent. Still waiting to see if I can go or not.

I'd like the resident Lee/Violet player, and always looking for ways to boost my game, so thanks.

Also, you guys who don't play them don't watch this! ;P

Sayah, how do you have only a 59% win streak? Your Sisters team is so good.

Sometimes I play really well. Other times, I'm just fooling around or playing like garbage. Ranking matches for me are mostly to gain competition and matchup experience. I try not to pay too much attention to ranks and w/l ratios. And then I'm also doing pair play and stuff sometimes so I guess that can mess ratios up.

MikeMyers

Sometimes I play really well. Other times, I'm just fooling around or playing like garbage. Ranking matches for me are mostly to gain competition and matchup experience. I try not to pay too much attention to ranks and w/l ratios. And then I'm also doing pair play and stuff sometimes so I guess that can mess ratios up.

I always lose online, rarely ever do I win. Mostly due to my lack of skill, but sometimes when I'm winning I'll go ~VEGETA~ and get cocky.

I see some of the strangest customizations online.

How do I report this lag switching dickbag? http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/hulksmash6969

I don't like to accuse people of this. But I'm fairly certain this guy is one of them. He got wallsplatted high and as I'm running up to get the final hit, it turns into a 1 bar. Then the same thing happens next round as soon as I land a launcher. Really annoying.

Sort of related, can Jack's shoulder charge (f+3+4 maybe?) interrupt Feng in between two d/f+1's? That was the weirdest thing I've ever seen in this game.

Sayah

Yesterday night, I became a victim to Kuni's grab spam. Was pressing all these different button combinations to see which one helped break it and none of them worked. It was her f+3, 1+4 grab.

Then I go into practice and try to figure out how I'm supposed to break this grab. Again, I try 1, 2, 1+2, etc. As it turns out, this is easiest grab to break out of in the game. All you have to do is press d/b AND you get A LOT of time to break out of it.

So easy yet so unconventional. Took me by surprise.

Or is that how you break all 1+4 grabs and I just never knew? :lol

Maybe. Oh the memories. One of videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTdLCY1ZmMs

Have I ever seen you use Chun-Li? haha

I don't think I have. Very nice combo there, though.

Yesterday night, I became a victim to Kuni's grab spam. Was pressing all these different button combinations to see which one helped break it and none of them worked. It was her f+3, 1+4 grab.

Then I go into practice and try to figure out how I'm supposed to break this grab. Again, I try 1, 2, 1+2, etc. As it turns out, this is easiest grab to break out of in the game. All you have to do is press d/b AND you get A LOT of time to break out of it.

So easy yet so unconventional. Took me by surprise.

Or is that how you break all 1+4 grabs and I just never knew? :lol

Have I ever seen you use Chun-Li? haha

I don't think I have. Very nice combo there, though.

I never would have thought, thanks for the info. Tested Jun's 1+4 grab from her stance, break is 1+2

Dereck

Nope. I had just made this account yesterday for gameplay vids specifically. Before, it was linked with google plus. Now I just unlinked it.
The video you linked for some reason, whenever I get to 1:00 the video stops playing. I've tried refreshing the page and restarting FireFox.

Sayah

The video you linked for some reason, whenever I get to 1:00 the video stops playing. I've tried refreshing the page and restarting FireFox.

Not sure why. Just tried playing it again. Working good on my end.

I just uploaded it so might still be processing and stuff.

Top Bottom