• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Xav

I find it hard to believe the PS3 & Xbox 360 are struggling to run a game like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 after seeing some of the visual wonders those systems have produced. As mentioned it's probably due to Tekken being a port of an arcade game but even so I think SoulCalibur V is just a smarter game in how it's designed visually.

rvy

Banned
Thanks for that, here is the relevant slide:

P1960708_m.jpg

2 players = 1024x720
3 players = 900x720
4 players = 800x720

I noticed the image quality in TTT2 on 360 is sharper than T6 on 360 but there is definitely more aliasing in TTT2. Turning motion blur off doesn't improve the image quality or bump up the resolution like it did in 360 T6.

Is there a general consensus on which version looks better? I can still change my pre-order. I bought T6 for 360 because MarkMan said it looked a bit better and because I could bump the resolution with motion blur off.

LowParry

Well at the end of the day, if you all are having fun and kicking my ass online, then all is right in the world of TTT2 :D

DR2K

Banned
I find it hard to believe the PS3 & Xbox 360 are struggling to run a game like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 after seeing some of the visual wonders those systems have produced. As mentioned it's probably due to Tekken being a port of an arcade game but even so I think SoulCalibur V is just a smarter game in how it's designed visually.

It is running at 60fps. Besides DOA5 and SCV it doesn't really have much competition in terms of visuals.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It is running at 60fps. Besides DOA5 and SCV it doesn't really have much competition in terms of visuals.

So true. Still amazed by what they did with the games. (Even if they kinda messed up SCV with the character balance patches)

Raonak

Banned
I'm using down port in the sense that the arcade version runs on a better engine. I believe it also uses netplay or was that VF5 arcade?

but the arcade board theyre using is more powerful than the ps3, so comparing engines is unfair.

noodalls

I actually can't wait until digital foundry reveals all their dirty little secrets. I'm sure DF is doing something for this as we speak. They especially love platform disparities.

When that gigazine article came out, I emailed them, and offered to help translate. They never replied, but hopefully they are at least aware of it, and it helps their analysis.

thundr51

Just put in my preorder on this and DOA5 (funfact: the guy at the counter didn't know what DOA5 was). Anyway, the guy was trying to push the guide but not sure if I should pick it up.

Sayah

How about this? While I think the show is garbage, I admit it had one of the better openings for its season. Thinking about using it for a stage theme myself.

Oh man. That anime was so much garbage. haha. But yeah, I do remember that theme and I do like it a lot. Thanks. :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think Jinpachi was a pretty amazing boss. Azazel was okay.
Unknown seems really good.

How is unkown good... she's fucking mokujin :lol

The problem I have with Jinpachi is it felt like they wanted to try and fuse the crazy battle of devil and ogre into one type of character but meh it's a really underwhelming boss to me. The biggest part was seeing ogre transform the first time and you were just like WHAT THERE IS MORE!? OH GOD WHAT IS THIS?!

Azazel was just like oh look it's shiny ogre, shit they even shared some moves here and there

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Unknown was almost like Mokujin in TTT1. Although she was able to change stances on the fly. She could not mimic as many characters as Mokujin could though.

Unknown (the boss) in TTT2 has a unique set of moves (which is a first for this character).

Sayah

Unknown was almost like Mokujin in TTT1. Although she was able to change stances on the fly. She could not mimic as many characters as Mokujin could though.

Unknown (the boss) in TTT2 has a unique set of moves (which is a first for this character).

Changing stances in TTT1 plus new unique moves in TTT2 (I remember that sick throw she had from a recent trailer)......plus the character design. I like a lot about her.

Sayah

No problem. :)

Here are two more from another show.

Will be using these two for Heavenly Garden and Fallen Garden respectively. Give it a listen.

SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. Both of them. Adding them to my list. Will rotate them around with other tracks too.
That Panty and Stocking one reminded me of Heavenly Star for some reason. More amazing NMH music, lol.

Also, is Panty and Stocking any good? I've been meaning to watch it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. Both of them. Adding them to my list. Will rotate them around with other tracks too.
That Panty and Stocking one reminded me of Heavenly Star for some reason. More amazing NMH music, lol.

Also, is Panty and Stocking any good? I've been meaning to watch it.

Honestly it's probably one of my favorites. Crude, crude humor, parodies like you wouldn't believe, awesome characters, and a killer soundtrack to top it off. It takes the stereotypes of girls with magical (angelic in this case) powers saving the world and tosses it out the window. You'll get a lot of laughs from it.

First time listening to Heavenly Star, WOW!

Sayah

Honestly it's probably one of my favorites. Crude, crude humor, parodies like you wouldn't believe, awesome characters, and a killer soundtrack to top it off. It takes the stereotypes of girls with magical (angelic in this case) powers saving the world and tosses it out the window. You'll get a lot of laughs from it.

Cool. I'll start watching it now. Have so much work to do but I'm procrastinating.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

AAK

The TTT2 Beginner's Guide is DONE, here is the image form the OP:

im5HT5Ltv3n3p.png

iWoGU3YfrAJzk.png

Click whatever unit you want to see explained. I sacrificed a lot of hours in my life to get this done, so I hope people really take advantage of it. If you want to know what the gameplay of Tekken is all about and all of the features it has from the core gameplay, I've compiled EVERYTHING I could think of in there.

EDIT: Also, please forgive my grammar... I haven't taken an English or Literature class since 8th grade.

EDIT2: Also, Just rediscovered this song. It's definitely going into the True Ogre stage.

Top Bottom